Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christian 'fired for refusing to wear '666'

Still Waters

Really? You wouldn't be able to distinguish the meaning of the number?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Mr Right Wing

• Setton

• eight bits

In a tragic footnote to this story, the real number of the beast is 616, not 666. Mr. Hyatt had already been damned to Hell seven weeks before.

Haha!

I can't decide who was more ridiculous in this, the guy refusing to wear a sticker, or the one who fired him for not wearing one! Will be interesting to see what happens.

Well, yes, Georgia employment law is a little behind Saudi Arabia's, but in his complaint,

Ha, welcome to the Souff!

Plus, of course, it isn't alleged that the manager said "I'm the boss!" or "because I said so." Supposedly, dude made a crack about Mr Hyatt's religion.

And so, Pliant to its attorney: Here's one hundred K, make it go away!

Yeah, that would be where they messed up then (I didn't read the article, only commented on DW's comment so I wasn't familiar with the details).

Why, wouldn't you go with the tried and true (At-Will state) of something wishy-washy like "employee lacks social cohesion" or "fails to preform job responsibilities adequately"--Of course where "cohesion" and "adequately" are totally subjective experiences of his "work". Sounds like they shot themselves in the foot.

Edit: Then ago, the ridiculousness of this makes one have to wonder if this is an isolated incident and they aren't sitting upon a pile of "dissatisfactory reports" against said employee.

Edited by Copasetic

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if this were a Muslim issue?

This is a big deal to Christians and there is no reason to force him to wear it. Something tells me that they didn't like it that he was a Christian. Maybe he was reading his terrible Bible at lunch and threatening to destroy the sanctity of all the nonbelievers.

They had it in for him.

JMO.

Note: 616 is a variant but the most widely accepted number is 666.

Edited by jbondo

Now there's a point if ever I saw one w00t.gif

The Bible clearly states not to take the mark. God will protect you yes but you still have choices. Making such statements as above is just silly.

Mock the Christians is a favorite game I can see.

Take a look in the reflection of you glass house.

In order to receive the mark of the beast, it would have to be on written (tattoo?) his forehead or right hand. Stickers don't count, so he was kinda being ridiculous.

Maybe he was deeply religious and just took offence to the sticker?

Some smartass capitalist pigdog satan worshiper thought it would be fun to mark 666 days without an accident...and fire anyone who did not agree. did they mark 600 days in the same way? or 400 or 365? amerika truely is on the road to hell. enjoy the ride!

There have been many attempts to understand the mysterious symbol of the antichirst, 666. One of the most accepted interpretation of what God revealed to John in Revelation 13 was a vision of an end times world dictator. He is also talked about in the Gospels and in Daniel as someone who is charismatic, seems to have the answer to world problems, will seemingly bring peace to the Middle East, yet, God says his power comes directly from Satan himself, his promises are lies and will result in the destruction of a huge part of humanity, just prior to the return of Jesus Christ. He is evil incarnate and that is why he is referred to as a 'beast' among other less than flattering descriptions given in Scripture.

It says he will also be an economic dictator and that no one will be allowed to buy or sell unless they take his mark on their hand or forehead. Some have suggested that this 'mark' could be like a computer chip or bar code of sorts containing all of a person's historical and economical data, with ties to their bank accounts, employment, taxation, etc. What is interesting is that in John's day, in fact 50 years ago, such a thing was impossible. Now with microchips, computers, the WWW and satellites it IS possible, though it is a subject that generates a similar response to the man who did not want to wear the sticker, and for similar reasons, because some people see such technology as a precursor to the "mark of the beast". This mark could be a sub-dermal chip or perhaps imprinted on the skin, and tattoos have generally gained more and more acceptance in society in the last few decades, with temporary tattoos even for children becoming very popular. Perhaps this is pre-conditioning, or merely a trend, who knows? Perhaps also this mark could simply be the name of this yet future dictator, we just don't know.

But as to the number itself, many believe that the latter chapters of the book of Revelation are a message to the nation of Israel. In Hebrew, letters were used to represent numerals. It would be like A = 1, B = 2, Z = 26, etc. So what this likely means is that the name of this dictator when written in Hebrew will add up to six-hundred and sixty six. BTW people have been applying this to world figures, both political and religious for decades from Ronald Wilson Reagan (in this case erroneously simply because he had 3 names with six letters) to various popes and dictators. But so far, so one has filled the bill.

Is this person alive today? There are those who look at Biblical prophesy and world events and conclude that it is certainly possible. And the world certainly is in a state where people are looking for the guidance of a brilliant leader in the shadow of economic collapse, Middle East tension and incompetent world leaders. Perhaps some event, yet unknown, will bring this charismatic leader out of the shadows and into the public eye?

As to wearing a sticker with the number 666 on it, it probably has no significance to one's eternal future. Rather, when one shows allegiance to this yet future dictator but accepting whatever his mark may be, that is what God says cannot be forgiven, for you are aligning yourself with Satan and swearing allegiance to him.

If you have interest in the subject look up Revelation 13 and get a good verse by verse Bible commentary.

Some smartass capitalist pigdog satan worshiper thought it would be fun to mark 666 days without an accident...and fire anyone who did not agree. did they mark 600 days in the same way? or 400 or 365? amerika truely is on the road to hell. enjoy the ride!

I think sacking the man over a sticker is pathetic.

He didnt even work in publicity he's a factory worker. What possible justicifcation does his employer have for doing this and how would not wearing it impact his ability to do his job?

Sounds like he has control freaks for managers. Hope he takes them to a tribuneral. Should sue for religious discrimination as well.

I don't think nobody mentioned this and I'm surprised if it hasn't been mentioned....

Why did he lack the intelligence to just keep his mouth shut and on that day suddenly become ill? Seriously? That is what I would have done if it was me.... He could have just phoned in and said he has an upset stomach or something. Not a big deal.

Or planned ahead in advance and taken the day of as a holiday. Seems like he was trying to make a point of it, which is probably why he got fired for causing a huge fuss.

Edited by Coffey

The Bible clearly states not to take the mark.

It was a sticker... not a mark on his head or hands..And the so called mark of the beast is debatable....many say it is NOT 666 and many will claim it is in fact 616

. God will protect you yes.

So if you wear sticker that has the number 666 God cannot protect you.. unless you make a choice? What's that exactly? Not to wear it? Then if you don't wear it.. God doesn't need to protect... So you have made NO sense here

. Making such statements as above is just silly.

Your over reaction was indeed silly no one was mocking...I saw him make a good point...not mocking but you would like to see it that way......Anyone that flips out over a sticker that coincidently has 666 on it is being silly.....................IF the beast existed.. he wouldn't need a sticker to call him to you... !!

Over reacting is your forte ..No one is mocking Christians..we are talking about one man and a sticker...not mocking all Christians . If god can protect you from the beast.. then god will do that.. a sticker is not going to stop God...To add a sticker is not going to make this beast all of a sudden attack you...

Take a look in the reflection of you glass house

I have and I am safe as houses.. I do not believe in any beast nonsense... Mocking Christians <-- saying that is just absurd...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Whether or not the number of the beast is actually 666, and no matter how silly the subject seems to many, the fact of the matter is that the man wholy believed it. If we can have the Church of the Jedi be accepted, then there is no possible way that someone as devout as that should be prosecuted!

I don't think nobody mentioned this and I'm surprised if it hasn't been mentioned....

Why did he lack the intelligence to just keep his mouth shut and on that day suddenly become ill? Seriously? That is what I would have done if it was me.... He could have just phoned in and said he has an upset stomach or something. Not a big deal.

Or planned ahead in advance and taken the day of as a holiday. Seems like he was trying to make a point of it, which is probably why he got fired for causing a huge fuss.

I agree... If a simple number makes you flip out... and you can see they will make you wear stickers that say the factory is accident free for X amount of days.. then he knew it was going to happen... He could have avoided it without causing a huge fuss annoying others...

Religion has no place in a workplace... Not when so many religious cause a fuss over some superstitious beliefs... The amount of times we all have handled the number 666, whether it be on bar codes, tel numbers, credit cards ect... We don't need to flip out, most of us would not care to notice...

Emergency number for the UK and N.Ireland is - 999 <-- that's 666 if you turn it on it's head ... I wonder how many are reluctant to call for an ambulance or a fire truck?

Whether or not the number of the beast is actually 666, and no matter how silly the subject seems to many, the fact of the matter is that the man wholy believed it. If we can have the Church of the Jedi be accepted, then there is no possible way that someone as devout as that should be prosecuted!

If it bothered him that much.. he knew it was coming.. he could have gotten out of it.. without causing a fuss.. plain and very straight forward

If it were a Muslim refusing to eat a pork sandwich at a company picnic and getting fired, this wouldn't be an issue. All the anti-Christian articles you read, substitute the the word "Christian" to Muslim, or Agnostic, or whatever, and see how stupid this kind of non-news and non-issue these antics are. Discrimination is really what it is called and the non-tolerance and persecution of religious "freedoms" in today's society.

Hell I don't believe in anything really but even I side with the guy, if he didn't want to wear it for legitimate religious reasons then that's his business, and yes if it had been any other religion things would have been different

I think sacking the man over a sticker is pathetic.

He didnt even work in publicity he's a factory worker. What possible justicifcation does his employer have for doing this and how would not wearing it impact his ability to do his job?

Sounds like he has control freaks for managers. Hope he takes them to a tribuneral. Should sue for religious discrimination as well.

This is how I see it as well, perhaps the man was zealous about his beliefs and it annoyed the management. This might explain why they used this to get rid of him.

Something tells me that they didn't like it that he was a Christian.

. The factory is located in N Georgia which happens to be in the bible belt.. He was not the only christian there...

If it were a Muslim refusing to eat a pork sandwich at a company picnic and getting fired, this wouldn't be an issue. All the anti-Christian articles you read, substitute the the word "Christian" to Muslim, or Agnostic, or whatever, and see how stupid this kind of non-news and non-issue these antics are. Discrimination is really what it is called and the non-tolerance and persecution of religious "freedoms" in today's society.

Do any of you know where this factory is even located? It is located in the bible belt.. most likely filled with Christians.... All this anti-Christian stuff is a joke.. Too many have over used that card.. it is not even funny any more

Edited by Beckys_Mom

** I seriously do not believe that many Christians would allow such a number scare them or even make them flip out.. Well at least not the more confident of Christians

I took a look at a Christian blog web page... The question asked - Does 666 scare you?

A good number of these confident Christians said - NO... Many said they have no reason to be scared, they have the lamb on their side... Others said - God will protect... So many said they feel no reason to fear such a number

You can have a look at it all - http://christianblog.../1149822345.htm

A confident Christian who believes their god will protect them.. then they have no reason to flip out over a number..........You would be surprised how often you have been in contact with that number and not cared to realise it

SO many Christians do not believe in hell ...One of which is a regular poster on here PA would not believe in the hell fire and torment story and he is not the only one

I fail to believe that Christians as a whole will flip out over a simple number that we could be in contact each and every day

Those of you that have complained about this man's sacking... and claimed it was unfair.. defending the belief in 666 <-- you have written that number yourself...

You have no problem in writing the number out as often, making it look as though it is a bad thing..... but find it hard to believe someone was asked to wear a sticker ?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Hell I don't believe in anything really but even I side with the guy, if he didn't want to wear it for legitimate religious reasons then that's his business, and yes if it had been any other religion things would have been different

The reason wasn't legitimate, though. The reason he wouldn't wear it (supposedly) is because of his ignorant fear of wearing the number. If he would do his religious homework just a little he'd realize there is no cause for alarm.

The Bible clearly states not to take the mark. God will protect you yes but you still have choices. Making such statements as above is just silly.

Take a look in the reflection of you glass house.

The Beast out of the Earth

11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

-Revelation 13

I don't see any beasts rising out of the earth to force stickers on us. Just a workplace manager who valued employee safety, so he gave them daily reminders to stay safe. Plus the sticker would have been on his chest... Not his right hand nor his head... So according to revelations there was no cause for his tissy fit.

Edited by __Kratos__

I don't see any beasts rising out of the earth to force stickers on us. Just a workplace manager who valued employee safety, so he gave them daily reminders to stay safe. Plus the sticker would have been on his chest... Not his right hand nor his head... So according to revelations there was no cause for his tissy fit.

Excellent point Kratos... I feel there is more to this story than meets the eye... For all we know he could have had a few formal warnings for other rules he may have broken leading up to this 666 flip out OR he could have done more with this whole 666 malarkey then we know about...

A few people have made this look as if they fired him all because they are anti-Christians... Which to me is garbage talk..... The factory being situated in the bible belt is bound to have it's fair share of Christian employees and most likely Christians in management.... So to say it was all anti Christian is over the top and down right silly

So you work at an abbatoir and to promote the rights of animals they are going to make you wear a sticker of a lamb getting an electric shock to the head.

Only problem is you're Muslim and you faith demands it gets its throat slit while fully conscious.

Do you think your manager would make you go through with wearing the sticker?

Excellent point Kratos... I feel there is more to this story than meets the eye... For all we know he could have had a few formal warnings for other rules he may have broken leading up to this 666 flip out OR he could have done more with this whole 666 malarkey then we know about...

A few people have made this look as if they fired him all because they are anti-Christians... Which to me is garbage talk..... The factory being situated in the bible belt is bound to have it's fair share of Christian employees and most likely Christians in management.... So to say it was all anti Christian is over the top and down right silly

Sure he got warnings for refusing to work Sundays and being absent on Xmas Eve lol

Some people are more religious that you please remember that.

Some people are more religious that you please remember that.

And some do not over react over a number....Many people just get on with things and don't like to cause a fuss

You act as though he must have been the only Christian there... I seriously doubt he was...And I doubt he was the only one who was deeply religious

I also doubt that the story you have read in regards to this man and how he was fired, you do not know the FULL story..

I think some here claiming it was because he was christian and how anti Christian they were to fire him is ever so slightly over the top and silly....

He was hired as a Christian they all knew and he managed to stay in the firm for a couple of years... I think there is a lot more to it than what some on line article says... Note the article has nothing from the company itself.. so for now, it is BIASED