Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Satanic cult abuse or false memories?

Keel M.

The mysterious death of a nurse brings to light an often overlooked problem: implanted memories.

At 9. 02am Richard Felstead answered the phone; by 9. 03am he was breathless with crying. It was the coroner's assistant in Battersea with the news that his sister, Carole, had died two weeks earlier. "I'm sorry it's taken so long to notify you," she said. "Carole's next of kin told us there was no family. But a letter was found – from you. "

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

• rashore

• Anon E. Mouse

• Simbi Laveau

Not really "false memories". Just schizophrenic delusions by inept people. False memories do occur especially in kids.

Sad story. But, I doubt she was Satanically abused, and it probably was Schizophrenia.

I agree. It's a pity she didn't get the proper help she needed instead of the malicious and inept abuse she received. She may be alive today had it not been for that.

Some therapists have even basically suggested this to people, sort of "implanting" the idea in their head that it happened. I guess they have their own axe to grind.

I understand that sometimes, some people do have horrible things happen that they repress or block out, and those memories only come to light through therapy. In those instances, it can be healthy to remember and overcome those memories.

That said, what a shocking case. Personally I don't think it's a case of repression, but rather a case of either brainwashing or mental illness. From the way the article plays, probably a combination of both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It'd be pretty sad if the Satanic abuse actually happened and no one believes her.

wasnt an episode of Dexter about a shrink planting suggestions to women to kill themselves...

yeaahhhh,and when Dexter outs himself,poor shrink is body parts in bags ..

whhuuurrrr~~~ :wub: