Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeking the British Bigfoot

Still Waters

While reports of Bigfoot-like hairy wild men abound throughout Britain, there is one area of the country that seems to attract more than its fair share of such activity: Castle Ring, in the county of Staffordshire. Located near the village of Cannock Wood and constructed between 500 B.C. and A.D. 40, Castle Ring is an Iron Age structure commonly known as a Hill Fort.It is 801 feet above sea level, and it main ditch and bank enclosure is fourteen feet high and, at its widest point, 853 feet across.

Little is known about the mysterious and long-forgotten people who built Castle Ring, except to say that its creators were already in residence at the time of the Roman invasion and remained there until approximately A.D. 50.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.United_Nations

• *Frank*

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• damndog

I heard that they once tried to collect dental evidence to support the existence of British Bigfoot but alas all tooth samples accumulated were decayed beyond use.

Man, that one has everything - UFOs, Bigfoot, Ghosts, Psychic channels, etc.

Now throw in a Chupacabra and we'll be in business.

It is kind of odd, however, that the place has been there before the Romans, but yet no one saw this thing until 2005.

I heard that they once tried to collect dental evidence to support the existence of British Bigfoot but alas all tooth samples accumulated were decayed beyond use.

It must be wonderful to be so narrow minded and ignorant !

Personally I liked that article though I will agree a Chupacabra thrown into the mix would be mint.

Yes georgiebandit they think it is wonderful to be so narrow minded and ignorant...... Until they need medical care and then they just whine about it and try to sue the ass off someone and...blah. CLICK THIS But hey, they have to cling to their cultural stereotypes 'cos they haven't been around long enough to develop one of their own. Oh! hang on, my mate says they have, but it's unrepeatable here.

Peace.

Or as we like to call it "having a sense of humour".

British Bigfoot? I haven't heard of many major cryptids in Europe besides The Beast Of Gevaudan. Concentration in a certain area sounds like typical animal behavior, so it's nice to hear of a real cryptid and not embellished, malicious myth, like it was when gorillas were once cryptids. Perhaps this Briton Bigfoot is a new species that has found an ideal ecosystem and is attempting to thrive, maybe its a random genetic variation that may or may not survive its recent mutation, or it could just be a bad shipment of rye bread in that region (not sarcasm- fungus growing on this bread can cause severe psychological damage and hallucinations).

I've been out of the old country for too long it seems ! It's news to me that that `bigfoot sightings abound` in the UK ! I am a firm believer in the corporeal existence of relict hominids in certain parts of the globe: Central Asia, some parts of Russia, especially Siberia, the Himalayas, China and some areas of North America...and, at a pinch, maybe Australia. As for their existence in our crowded hyper-urbanised little island - the very suggestion turns the subject into something of a joke. Granted there are reports of `wodewouses` (` wild-men-of -the -woods`) from Medieval England and some interesting tales of `hairy men` from Scottish mountains, but these belong to the ancient past and would require more confirmation anyway.

I would love to be wrong about this because, as an expat Brit, I am greener than the Green-children -of- the- Wolfpites with envy at the Russians and Americans who have cryptozoology's greatest star in their backyard !

In fact, if you read the story it's not a flesh and blood man-like ape report at all, but some sort of demonic entity type of tale. In fact, it should not even have been posted in this section,

I live not far from castle ring, used to go there quite a lot as a kid. I've never heard any rumours of a big foot type creature... plenty of rumours of a 'big cat' like a panther though.

Ive heard the odd rumour of a British Big Foot (word of mouth etc) but never belived in it! Perhaps im wrong!!! I like the ideal of it being a hairy Scots man though haha.

I've been out of the old country for too long it seems ! It's news to me that that `bigfoot sightings abound` in the UK ! I am a firm believer in the corporeal existence of relict hominids in certain parts of the globe: Central Asia, some parts of Russia, especially Siberia, the Himalayas, China and some areas of North America...and, at a pinch, maybe Australia. As for their existence in our crowded hyper-urbanised little island - the very suggestion turns the subject into something of a joke. Granted there are reports of `wodewouses` (` wild-men-of -the -woods`) from Medieval England and some interesting tales of `hairy men` from Scottish mountains, but these belong to the ancient past and would require more confirmation anyway.

I would love to be wrong about this because, as an expat Brit, I am greener than the Green-children -of- the- Wolfpites with envy at the Russians and Americans who have cryptozoology's greatest star in their backyard !

In fact, if you read the story it's not a flesh and blood man-like ape report at all, but some sort of demonic entity type of tale....

I second these comments entirely. In the UK, there is nowhere remote enough, no forest large or dense enough, and nowhere undiscovered. The place is just too small for a bigfoot population.

I cannot entertain any reports of strange creatures at Castle Ring, unless we are suggesting a supernatural being or hoaxers. It is not unusual for urban myths and legends to grow up around ancient sites such as this one, but the real bigfoots are not here.

i used to go around cannock chase regularly and can honestly say the biggest danger is stags coming through you're car window.

Mind you, given the proximity to Wolverhampton and Walsall it is easy to believe lol

i used to go around cannock chase regularly and can honestly say the biggest danger is stags coming through you're car window.

Mind you, given the proximity to Wolverhampton and Walsall it is easy to believe lol

Not to mention all the folks that go 'dogging' there...

i read somewhere that they were looking at re-introducing wolves in the area to keep the deer population down. Or it might have been the result of a skinful and a conversation where both parties opted for a slightly more robust manifesto. But if it is true, we might find something we never knew about lurking in the area.

The likelihood of any large Cryptid living in Britain is almost zero. There is nowhere dense enough hide such a creature and that hasn't already been thoroughly explored.

Edited by Mravenged7x

British Bigfoot? I haven't heard of many major cryptids in Europe besides The Beast Of Gevaudan. Concentration in a certain area sounds like typical animal behavior, so it's nice to hear of a real cryptid and not embellished, malicious myth, like it was when gorillas were once cryptids. Perhaps this Briton Bigfoot is a new species that has found an ideal ecosystem and is attempting to thrive, maybe its a random genetic variation that may or may not survive its recent mutation, or it could just be a bad shipment of rye bread in that region (not sarcasm- fungus growing on this bread can cause severe psychological damage and hallucinations).

So can magic mushrooms and plenty of other fungi readily available naturally in the UK.

As others have said in this thread, there really isnt anywhere in the UK that is forested or remote enough to hide one bigfoot in let alone a community of them!

By the way, If a bigfoot was ever discovered in the UK you can bet your bottom dollar that the American bigfoot would be bigger :innocent:

Edited by Englishgent