Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Nuckin Futs'' set to go on sale

psyche101

A SNACK called Nuckin Futs will go on sale after a lawyer's successful argument that the word "f..." is a normal part of Australian speech and so cannot be deemed offensive under trademark rules.

The trademark application for "Nuckin Futs" was at first rejected by the register as being scandalous and offensive due to its similarity to the phrase "f...ing nuts".

The Trade Marks Examiner ruled that "Nuckin Futs" was an "obvious spoonerism" and deemed it ineligible for registration under section 42 of the Trade Marks Act.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I would not say commonplace. I hate this bloke, he makes Australia look like the land of bogans. I wont be buying this crap. Shock tactics are so passe. I find them childish. Not an instance where I can say "I am proud to be an Aussie". As bad as that tosser with the Wicked Camper vans a little while back.

Bogans.jpg

• Like 1

Chopper Read has his own chain of Nuts also! All kinds of flavors, their not to bad ! thumbsup.gif Comically Harmless! Aussie Oie. They could call them Aussie Nuts and put a picture of Parliament on it?

post-52682-0-40420500-1326863544_thumb.j

• Like 2

In Texas, there was a chap who decided to open a night club for the younger set. He managed to get a good deal on a former furniture store by the name of "Sofa King". Seeing the name, he decided to keep it, and simply add the word "Awesome!" under it, as the name of his club.

Chopper Read has his own chain of Nuts also! All kinds of flavors, their not to bad ! thumbsup.gif Comically Harmless! Aussie Oie. They could call them Aussie Nuts and put a picture of Parliament on it?

:w00t:

I just could not chomp on Choppers Nuts. That is just sooo wrong LOL. That, like the fellow Aquatus1 referred to though is being clever, a play on words, this guy is just making us all look like bogans.

Is swearing more commonplace in Australia than anywhere else? That seems a tall order.

Love the parliament suggestion, not that's using the noodle! :D Ever heard of KFC's Gillard Snack pack? Two extra small breasts, two extra large thighs in a red box. :lol:

264966_10150234499746932_617586931_7964790_4600127_n.jpg

Edited by psyche101

In Texas, there was a chap who decided to open a night club for the younger set. He managed to get a good deal on a former furniture store by the name of "Sofa King". Seeing the name, he decided to keep it, and simply add the word "Awesome!" under it, as the name of his club.

I knew a guy that opened up a fish and chips shop in North QLD called Mullet Up! and a Coffe lounge, in Townsvillle I think, I know it was called "How The Foccacia". Hard to forget.

Holy crap, are we really bogans?

Edited by psyche101

Anyone remember those kid's lollies " F A G S " ? Made to resemble cigarettes, may have just been an Aussie thing. Those things had no chance of surviving into the present, on two separate grounds. But Nuckin Futs will probably get through.

• Like 1

Anyone remember those kid's lollies " F A G S " ? Made to resemble cigarettes, may have just been an Aussie thing. Those things had no chance of surviving into the present, on two separate grounds. But Nuckin Futs will probably get through.

:lol:

Showing my age no doubt, but yes, I remember them, they were rebadged as FADS I am pretty sure.

71056_87418472068_1381039_n.jpg

Many adults gave these to me as a kid! How strange that we promote smoking in this way!

Does not look like the aussie cover I have seen, but this is how it ended up.

fads.jpg

• Like 1

How cleverly they were morphed to avoid the wrath of do-gooders and regulators. :tu:

KFC would be mortified lest they lose the trade of the rusted-on Laborites. Something similar was circulating in the 70's with the Gough Whitlam deal containing left chicken wings only. But, true to form, the modern version of the joke is heavily vulgarized for the times.

I just could not chomp on Choppers Nuts. That is just sooo wrong LOL. That, like the fellow Aquatus1 referred to though is being clever, a play on words, this guy is just making us all look like bogans.

Is swearing more commonplace in Australia than anywhere else? That seems a tall order.

Love the parliament suggestion, not that's using the noodle! :D Ever heard of KFC's Gillard Snack pack? Two extra small breasts, two extra large thighs in a red box. :lol:

264966_10150234499746932_617586931_7964790_4600127_n.jpg

Turkey neck's mmm yummy! LOL rofl.gifTis sad, but Aussie slang may die out one day! Anyways.,. Aussies have boulders not pebbles!thumbsup.gif

All this reminds me of that 'little' tribe in Arica called the ''Wherethe****areweee'' tribe. They are a pigmy tribe standing at most, 3ft tall. Apparently, where they live, the grass grows to 4ft and in the summer they can be seen jumpiing up and down shouting ''Wherethe****areweee wherethe****areweee'' :w00t:

edit :blush:

Edited by Englishgent
  • Like 2

KFC would be mortified lest they lose the trade of the rusted-on Laborites. Something similar was circulating in the 70's with the Gough Whitlam deal containing left chicken wings only. But, true to form, the modern version of the joke is heavily vulgarized for the times.

It would seem that we are vulgar according to the Nucking Futs lawyer, but are we bogans?

All this reminds me of that 'little' tribe in Arica called the ''Wherethe****areweee'' tribe. They are a pigmy tribe standing at most, 3ft tall. Apparently, where they live, the grass grows to 4ft and in the summer they can be seen jumpiing up and down shouting ''Wherethe****areweee wherethe****areweee'' :w00t:

I have the most amusing mental picture in my head.

Turkey neck's mmm yummy! LOL rofl.gifTis sad, but Aussie slang may die out one day! Anyways.,. Aussies have boulders not pebbles!thumbsup.gif

Ever heard the phrase 'over shoulder boulder holders'?

:lol: .. Englishgent ... not quite on par with "hemmings" perhaps.. but a gallant effort none the less.

Culturally we're boorish at best, when the epitome of the cultured Australian still puts on the airs and graces of an upper-class Brit then our cultural identity obviously swings towards the middle class. Mind you, I live in Caboolture Morayfield, where shoes, teeth and shirts are optional when going to the shops.

Culturally we're boorish at best, when the epitome of the cultured Australian still puts on the airs and graces of an upper-class Brit then our cultural identity obviously swings towards the middle class. Mind you, I live in Caboolture Morayfield, where shoes, teeth and shirts are optional when going to the shops.

You guys are cracking me up!!!

Ever heard the phrase 'over shoulder boulder holders'?

LOL I that I have Lad! If Julia had a decent bra she prolly wouldnt have the turkey neck she's been blessed with! She needs to acquire a new fitter, pop them back where they used to be, not quite under her chin like the magazines coz no one will take her seriously. rofl.gif Such a bountiful Aussie red head she be!

Coconuts .. or kiwis? tongue.gif

Boorish!! No need for clothes in this climate. Especially the last week, our coast has been pretty darn hot for the last couple weeks. Better than the last rainy summer I guess. Remember when that American soldier got all uppity last year about Aussie women not wearing enough clothes up North? That was pretty funny.

Well I don't know about Boorish! When I look at out leaders past that made this great nation what it is all I can say is

bob-hawke.jpg

443372-bob-hawke.jpg

hawke.jpg

:unsure:

I suppose you are right................

LOL I that I have Lad! If Julia had a decent bra she prolly wouldnt have the turkey neck she's been blessed with! She needs to acquire a new fitter, pop them back where they used to be, not quite under her chin like the magazines coz no one will take her seriously. rofl.gif Such a bountiful Aussie red head she be!

Coconuts and kiwis are good :D It's all good where over the shoulder boulder holders are concerned.

Bountiful she be alright!

229854-at-home-with-julia.jpg

(*For Non Aussies - Not really the PM, an ABC series called At Home With Julia - this scene caused quite some headlines)

Edited by psyche101

LOL I that I have Lad! If Julia had a decent bra she prolly wouldnt have the turkey neck she's been blessed with! She needs to acquire a new fitter, pop them back where they used to be, not quite under her chin like the magazines coz no one will take her seriously. :rofl: Such a bountiful Aussie red head she be!

In Thialand they have a beautiful saying for ladies blessed with boulders. When they get old, they say ''Nipple go speak with bellybutton''

On the other hand, they say that ladies with pebbles have ''Kai Dao'' which translated means 'fried egg'. :rofl:

edit...strange how the direction of a topic can change so quickly lol

Edited by Englishgent

I always wondered about that F.C.U.K. brand name. I sure as hell wouldn't wear a tee-shirt with that on it.

I always wondered about that F.C.U.K. brand name. I sure as hell wouldn't wear a tee-shirt with that on it.

Too right.....I wouldnt wear it either. I dont want people thinking I cant spell! :devil:

In Thialand they have a beautiful saying for ladies blessed with boulders. When they get old, they say ''Nipple go speak with bellybutton''

On the other hand, they say that ladies with pebbles have ''Kai Dao'' which translated means 'fried egg'. :rofl:

edit...strange how the direction of a topic can change so quickly lol

:lol: That is Gold.

I understand nucking futs is supposed to be similar to f...ing nuts, but I don't hear it unless i try. Nucking futs is okay to me :P