Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Navey Seals resue aid workers.

Robbie333

I salute these soldiers for their bravery. Special-OP's in the military such as the Seal Teams are not only for SO of seek and destroy but are also used for rescue missions as well. I like it when this comes out. SALUTE and OHH-Rahh.

http://news.yahoo.com/navy-seals-rescue-two-aid-workers-somalia-daring-105651769--abc-news.html

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbie333

• Drayno

• badeskov

• Sir Wearer of Hats

Top Posters In This Topic

I salute these soldiers for their bravery. Special-OP's in the military such as the Seal Teams are not only for SO of seek and destroy but are also used for rescue missions as well. I like it when this comes out. SALUTE and OHH-Rahh.

http://news.yahoo.com/navy-seals-rescue-two-aid-workers-somalia-daring-105651769--abc-news.html

Of course...'Ooh-rah' is generally associated with and used by the Marine Corps., not the Navy Seals but whatever I know what you meant.

Nice to hear a happy story about a military operation for a change.

Of course...'Ooh-rah' is generally associated with and used by the Marine Corps., not the Navy Seals but whatever I know what you meant.

Nice to hear a happy story about a military operation for a change.

Yes, I know. Hoo Ah is what we yelled and I was army. Seals yell--Hoooyahhh--Marines--Oorah I am sick and tired of our men in battle being hand tied and if they make a bad kill they are arrested. War and battle is not pretty and the private sector, as well as, the politicians whom never fought need to stay out of it and leave it up to the military.

Edited by Robbie333

Didn't these guys die in a helicopter crash?

Lol.

Didn't these guys die in a helicopter crash?

Lol.

What is that supposed to mean? Why the LOL?

What is that supposed to mean? Why the LOL?

Because reportedly these are the same guys that took out Osama, correct?

Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan Reportedly Kills Members of SEAL Team 6

They died in a helicopter crash.

And yet in this article..

Navy SEALs Rescue Aid Workers from Somali Pirates

I quote, "SEAL Team 6, the same U.S. Navy SEAL unit that killed Osama bin Laden, parachuted into Somalia overnight to rescue two aid workers."

The LOL because they're supposed to be dead.

Then again - they could be different guys from the same unit.

I just found it intersting.

Edited by Drayno

I quote, "SEAL Team 6, the same U.S. Navy SEAL unit that killed Osama bin Laden, parachuted into Somalia overnight to rescue two aid workers."

I will be nice and just say---Clueless.

Exactly, and I suspect you wouldn't be "LOL"ing regarding their deceased team members in front of any of them. "Tough" doesn't even begin to describe these guys.

Exactly, and I suspect you wouldn't be "LOL"ing regarding their deceased team members in front of any of them. "Tough" doesn't even begin to describe these guys.

You got it. That LOL hit me the wrong way. ST would kick his...

I come from a military family - back to the American revolution. My grandfather being a full-bird Colonel - turning town a position as a General and the chance to become an astronaut. My cousin has served two tours in Afghanistan - my brother-in-law is in the Army. As well as several of my close friends serving in the Marines - my closest friend planning on joining the Marines - myself included. I have nothing but the highest respect for the military. And if I were to face a Navy SEAL I would stare them in the eye and give them the respect that they have without a doubt earned.

They go through more than any normal person could know.

So trust me when I say - I meant no disrespect towards these gentlemen.

What's the bet there was some as yet undocumented wetworks going down as well as the rescue?

What's the bet there was some as yet undocumented wetworks going down as well as the rescue?

LOL, trust me, you will never know.

I come from a military family - back to the American revolution. My grandfather being a full-bird Colonel - turning town a position as a General and the chance to become an astronaut. My cousin has served two tours in Afghanistan - my brother-in-law is in the Army. As well as several of my close friends serving in the Marines - my closest friend planning on joining the Marines - myself included. I have nothing but the highest respect for the military. And if I were to face a Navy SEAL I would stare them in the eye and give them the respect that they have without a doubt earned.

They go through more than any normal person could know.

So trust me when I say - I meant no disrespect towards these gentlemen.

Good call. All Special OP's go though more than most will ever know. Imagine hitting the wall and taking it 10 more levels. " Weeding the Garden" so it is. I remember how I hated the cold. Each individual shows weakness in some area and the "trainers" ( sons of b****es) LOL look for these weaknesses. "They" pick up on this and take it ten more levels. In the end you understand but during the process, at times, you feel like a wimpy, crying little kid ready to pee their pants, LOL. Have a good day. Before you ask and to answer you question, I was not ST. ------- I am retired USAGB and you know what I mean.

Edited by Robbie333

Good call. All Special OP's go though more than most will ever know. Imagine hitting the wall and taking it 10 more levels. " Weeding the Garden" so it is. I remember how I hated the cold. Each individual shows weakness in some area and the "trainers" ( sons of b****es) LOL look for these weaknesses. "They" pick up on this and take it ten more levels. In the end you understand but during the process, at times, you feel like a wimpy, crying little kid ready to pee their pants, LOL. Have a good day. Before you ask and to answer you question, I was not ST. ------- I am retired USAGB and you know what I mean.

They are the best of the best. If there is the deadliest weapon on earth, it is a Navy SEAL.

And thank you for your service to this country, Robbie.

They are the best of the best. If there is the deadliest weapon on earth, it is a Navy SEAL.

And thank you for your service to this country, Robbie.

I have always been a great believer in small teams. In and out to complete the mission. Yes, ST members are amazing. Tough, smart and dedicated. Have a good day.

Great respect to those fellows - and a great thanks from Denmark given that one of the aid workers was a Dane thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

Badeskov