Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hypothetical Zombie Situation

Pawnochio

not so much, australia isnt too big on nuclear power... :P

Yes i am aware of that but if something goes wrong in big boom, planet could be poluted by radioactive material and it could cover most of the planet, there isn't only one such powerplant unfortunaly. They would need to shut them down before whole hell would go loose.

Yes i am aware of that but if something goes wrong in big boom, planet could be poluted by radioactive material and it could cover most of the planet, there isn't only one such powerplant unfortunaly. They would need to shut them down before whole hell would go loose.

its wouldnt be that bad, only as bad as cherynobol was, luckily far enough away to not be (too much) of a problem.

if zombies attacked i would try and get to my friends house, she is an expert on zombies (from repeatedly watching zombie films), and also keeps a baseball bat in her bedroom just in case...she also looked at the tools in the garden shed and their usefulness. i would hide behind her while she hacked off some zombie heads...

i have an awesome best friend :D

I run to the Walgreen's up the street and stay there. There are two sets of doors for them to get through, which can be locked. Also, those doors are made with bullet-proof glass, just as all the windows are (it's like that in all major stores, which is why I don't get when, in the movies, the zombies shatter the doors and windows :huh: )

All I will need for quite some time will be there- they have a lot on the shelves and a lot more in storage. Walgreen's has medicine, disinfectant, clothing items, and all sorts of things. Problem is that, if a zombie were to get in, there would be no place to hide or run, seeing as it is such a small place.

If I had enough time, I might go to a Walmart. Thing with Walmart, though, is that there are a lot of doors. If we had ample time to lock all of the doors and triple-check each one, it might be okay. But Walmart is a big store and will have lots of people in it- which will cause major problems. Someone will want to be in charge, another will want to leave to get their wife & kids, another will go flippin' insane, and there will be so many p***ed-off people.

I run to the Walgreen's up the street and stay there. There are two sets of doors for them to get through, which can be locked. Also, those doors are made with bullet-proof glass, just as all the windows are (it's like that in all major stores, which is why I don't get when, in the movies, the zombies shatter the doors and windows :huh: )

All I will need for quite some time will be there- they have a lot on the shelves and a lot more in storage. Walgreen's has medicine, disinfectant, clothing items, and all sorts of things. Problem is that, if a zombie were to get in, there would be no place to hide or run, seeing as it is such a small place.

If I had enough time, I might go to a Walmart. Thing with Walmart, though, is that there are a lot of doors. If we had ample time to lock all of the doors and triple-check each one, it might be okay. But Walmart is a big store and will have lots of people in it- which will cause major problems. Someone will want to be in charge, another will want to leave to get their wife & kids, another will go flippin' insane, and there will be so many p***ed-off people.

but wall mart has guns in it. also all of what you guys just said is crazy. hideing never solved anything. and a bullet proof glass window or door can be borken down. but if it was also shatter proff then it would be understandable.

the zombie's will vary as the newly infected will still have most of there muscle funcutions still. so there will be runers then after some time they will decay and become walkers. but it depends on how fast they decay.

as well if it's winter they decay slower. also zombies will have the basic instinct of the need to feed. they will eat anything around them thats eatable. us and animals. there eyes might not work and they may not feel anything. but they can hear you and smell you.

silence is key aswell as to keep moveing. never go alone. best to be with others. if left alone you might end up dead. if someone wants to be leader you all decide if they are. because leaders in a zombie epidemic will lead you to your death. you all work to gether to live not what one person tell you to.

pack enough ammo. also count how many zombies you kill and know how many people live in your country. so you know how many there are to get ride of. also count survivors and dead people who are already dead from being shot in the head or there skull crushed in.

hideing will get you killed. you will run out of food.

but wall mart has guns in it. also all of what you guys just said is crazy. hideing never solved anything. and a bullet proof glass window or door can be borken down. but if it was also shatter proff then it would be understandable.

the zombie's will vary as the newly infected will still have most of there muscle funcutions still. so there will be runers then after some time they will decay and become walkers. but it depends on how fast they decay.

as well if it's winter they decay slower. also zombies will have the basic instinct of the need to feed. they will eat anything around them thats eatable. us and animals. there eyes might not work and they may not feel anything. but they can hear you and smell you.

silence is key aswell as to keep moveing. never go alone. best to be with others. if left alone you might end up dead. if someone wants to be leader you all decide if they are. because leaders in a zombie epidemic will lead you to your death. you all work to gether to live not what one person tell you to.

pack enough ammo. also count how many zombies you kill and know how many people live in your country. so you know how many there are to get ride of. also count survivors and dead people who are already dead from being shot in the head or there skull crushed in.

What about a Hallmark store? All those greeting cards. Very unassuming, and honestly, who gets eaten in a hallmark store?

Steal a semi, fill it with non-parishable food, water and supplies, including, but not limited to; first aid meterials, blankets, guns and ammo, knives, rope, safe clothing and fuel. Then round up the few people I care about and head north.

it would be IMPOSSIBLE to carry enough bullets to ever be truely safe, you see thats the problem with the idea of killing many of them, you forget they would group. and regardless of training, the minute chest shots dont drop someone your gonna panic, and miss and just make noise and get eaten.

Steal a semi, fill it with non-parishable food, water and supplies, including, but not limited to; first aid meterials, blankets, guns and ammo, knives, rope, safe clothing and fuel. Then round up the few people I care about and head north.

fuel spoils after a few months.

the sea would be the only ecosystem to benefit from a z - apoc, so your best to try live there.

it would be IMPOSSIBLE to carry enough bullets to ever be truely safe, you see thats the problem with the idea of killing many of them, you forget they would group. and regardless of training, the minute chest shots dont drop someone your gonna panic, and miss and just make noise and get eaten.

not only that the gun shot alone would attract any of them in the area

from watching ALOT of zombie films (only source of what it might be like) i'm staying with the boat idea as swimming for zombies seems like a no go, resources are going to be hard seems like that's going to be everyone's main key thing but for ammunition... arrows and archery training.... silent is the way to be able to explore (don't forget your zombie suit) but then have your back up plan of huge distraction (small bomb of some sort) and always know you escape route

zombieland does cover some of the unwritten rules for zombie's lol

1 Cardio

2 The Double Tap

3 Beware of Bathrooms

4 Wear Seat Belts

5 No Attachments

6 The “Skillet”

7 Travel Light

8 Get a Kick Ass Partner

9 With your Bare Hands

10Don’t Swing Low

11 Use Your Foot

12 Bounty Paper Towels

13 Shake it Off

14 Always carry a change of underwear

15 Bowling Ball

16 Opportunity Knocks

17 Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)

18 Limber Up

19 Break it Up

20 It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint

21 Avoid Strip Clubs

22 When in doubt Know your way out

23 Zipplock

24 Use your thumbs

25 Shoot First

26 A little sun screen never hurt anybody

27 Incoming!

28 Double-Knot your Shoes

29 The Buddy System

30 Pack your stain stick

31 Check the back seat

32 Enjoy the little things

33 Swiss army Knife

I'd be screwed. Completely screwed. My boyfriend was a Marine, so no problem in the sniping or survival departments, but I have two cats who would be constantly meowing. We've actually had discussions about what we'd do with the cats to keep them quiet (we'd both hate to leave them).

But other than that, we'd probably grab some machete's and shotguns/rifles, water and dried food /trail mix kind of stuff and head north, probably into the mountains. Fortunately my car gets ridiculously good gas mileage, so I could travel a good 400 miles on a full tank.

Edited by karmakazi

Interesting scenario,

Vehicle would be first port of call. Id probably go to my work and get one or two of the trucks. 1 being either the 26 tonne wrecker or the 36 tonne rotator, second option would be the Unimog, pretty slow but its fitted with a stupidly large winch so has the ability to get out of all sorts of trouble. Possibly have to opt for a crew cab vehicle for more room. Also grabbing a few spares and fuel.

Next a ram raid at the local ASDA would be in order, tinned food, medicine, fluids, clothes and possibly items to barter with and also take all the batteries and a small portable radio.

As gunshops are few and far between in the UK, and presuming the nearest one will of already of been ransacked, Id have to dig out my knife collection and anything remotley weapon like. A trip to a camping shop would be next to stock up on camping stoves, torches and gas.

A tool shop would be a good idea, for some powered improvised weaponry, chainsaws, nail guns and the like with a posibility to armour a vehicle.

Round up my nearest and dearest and head for a building, It would have to be tall with secure escape routes just incase they reinvented fire, but only one controllable way in and out.

I'd be screwed. Completely screwed. My boyfriend was a Marine, so no problem in the sniping or survival departments, but I have two cats who would be constantly meowing. We've actually had discussions about what we'd do with the cats to keep them quiet (we'd both hate to leave them).

But other than that, we'd probably grab some machete's and shotguns/rifles, water and dried food /trail mix kind of stuff and head north, probably into the mountains. Fortunately my car gets ridiculously good gas mileage, so I could travel a good 400 miles on a full tank.

for taking and worrying about cats in a zombie situation you actually deserve to get eaten.

your that one person that compromises EVERYONES safety in zombie films for an animal, i usually hate that person.

Interesting scenario,

Vehicle would be first port of call. Id probably go to my work and get one or two of the trucks. 1 being either the 26 tonne wrecker or the 36 tonne rotator, second option would be the Unimog, pretty slow but its fitted with a stupidly large winch so has the ability to get out of all sorts of trouble. Possibly have to opt for a crew cab vehicle for more room. Also grabbing a few spares and fuel.

Next a ram raid at the local ASDA would be in order, tinned food, medicine, fluids, clothes and possibly items to barter with and also take all the batteries and a small portable radio.

As gunshops are few and far between in the UK, and presuming the nearest one will of already of been ransacked, Id have to dig out my knife collection and anything remotley weapon like. A trip to a camping shop would be next to stock up on camping stoves, torches and gas.

A tool shop would be a good idea, for some powered improvised weaponry, chainsaws, nail guns and the like with a posibility to armour a vehicle.

Round up my nearest and dearest and head for a building, It would have to be tall with secure escape routes just incase they reinvented fire, but only one controllable way in and out.

chain saws and nail guns would be appaling weapons. you managed to pick the only melee weapons that needs ammo.

id probably just leave and try get medicine from a pharmacy and head to a dock.

remember those three mexican fishermen who survived like a year and a half in a life raft? boats are clearly the best option.

preferably a small one with water purification.

for taking and worrying about cats in a zombie situation you actually deserve to get eaten.

your that one person that compromises EVERYONES safety in zombie films for an animal, i usually hate that person.

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

don't forget those annoying ones that always scream (mostly females .... no offense)

Edited by hilton1337

LOL yeah actually "taking" and "worrying" aren't quite the right terms. Those b******* would follow me even if I didn't want them to, and I wouldn't lock them up in order to stop them.

People can freeze up when they panic but my cats run like bloody hell at the first sign of danger. I wouldn't need to worry about them and I wouldn't be chasing after them. They can find their way back if they want to. I'd worry less about them than I would about having other people in the group. As far as I'm concerned, having kids would be a far bigger liability.

They could potentially be beneficial too, since they'd smell and hear zombies coming long before humans can.

LOL yeah actually "taking" and "worrying" aren't quite the right terms. Those b******* would follow me even if I didn't want them to, and I wouldn't lock them up in order to stop them.

People can freeze up when they panic but my cats run like bloody hell at the first sign of danger. I wouldn't need to worry about them and I wouldn't be chasing after them. They can find their way back if they want to. I'd worry less about them than I would about having other people in the group. As far as I'm concerned, having kids would be a far bigger liability.

They could potentially be beneficial too, since they'd smell and hear zombies coming long before humans can.

overhead reverse face palm.

chain saws and nail guns would be appaling weapons. you managed to pick the only melee weapons that needs ammo.

id probably just leave and try get medicine from a pharmacy and head to a dock.

remember those three mexican fishermen who survived like a year and a half in a life raft? boats are clearly the best option.

preferably a small one with water purification.

Guns shops are few and far between where I am, chain saws and nailguns are alot more common and seeing as I wouldnt intend on getting up close and personal, I think these are better weapons if it did happen.

If your picking people off at a distance, you can be seen and cornered, if you stay well hidden and do have a 1 on 1 then for something other than a gun, you would use a nailgun or chainsaw if they were there. Failing that a good old bat or machete would do.

Nearest docks to here is Liverpool and Manchester, only cargo ships arrive now and then, so unless I planned on taking most of the county's population it would be pointless. How many people, from varying back grounds and occupations would be able to jump on a boat and positively identify equipment on board? I doubt if I could, thats why I prefer wheeled vehicles.

But why a small boat? surely a medium sized craft would be better, more room for supplies and rescuing people.

Cant say I heard of the 3 mexicans surviving for a year and a half, ive heard it was only a year and less than a year, but they are fishermen, they would know good fishing techniques, your average lawyer isnt going to be able to catch a fish aswell as they would.

Guns shops are few and far between where I am, chain saws and nailguns are alot more common and seeing as I wouldnt intend on getting up close and personal, I think these are better weapons if it did happen.

If your picking people off at a distance, you can be seen and cornered, if you stay well hidden and do have a 1 on 1 then for something other than a gun, you would use a nailgun or chainsaw if they were there. Failing that a good old bat or machete would do.

Nearest docks to here is Liverpool and Manchester, only cargo ships arrive now and then, so unless I planned on taking most of the county's population it would be pointless. How many people, from varying back grounds and occupations would be able to jump on a boat and positively identify equipment on board? I doubt if I could, thats why I prefer wheeled vehicles.

But why a small boat? surely a medium sized craft would be better, more room for supplies and rescuing people.

Cant say I heard of the 3 mexicans surviving for a year and a half, ive heard it was only a year and less than a year, but they are fishermen, they would know good fishing techniques, your average lawyer isnt going to be able to catch a fish aswell as they would.

how can you pick people off at a distance with a chainsaw? even still the chances of destroying a brain with a quick chainsaw strike is very low.

a nail gun cannot be aimed either, and at a distance will have very little punching power, regardless you need an air-line or some form of power.

also a smaller boat can be taken to more places. which means visiting places for food or medicine is easy. those fishermen had no rods or line, they ate seaguls they caught and had no water purification. your plan to try rescue a lot of people would be your downfall.

how can you pick people off at a distance with a chainsaw? even still the chances of destroying a brain with a quick chainsaw strike is very low.

a nail gun cannot be aimed either, and at a distance will have very little punching power, regardless you need an air-line or some form of power.

also a smaller boat can be taken to more places. which means visiting places for food or medicine is easy. those fishermen had no rods or line, they ate seaguls they caught and had no water purification. your plan to try rescue a lot of people would be your downfall.

I didnt state that you could pick people off with a chainsaw. My point was if you are shooting people from a distance you can be spotted and cornered. You cannot see every where at the same time so you could be apporached from behind or the building you are in could be compromised. I think stealth would be an advantage, rather than blasting a gun which is obviously going to attract attention.

My point is that staying in one place and attracting attention is a bad idea, surely stealth would be better and if a attack was encountered, a fairly nimble makeshift weapon would be better. Do you have to kill an attacker? surely they could be maimed enabling a get away. A chainsaw will still be running when your gun has emptied a clip, there will be more fuel around than bullets and if fuel is a problem, alternatives can be made, petrol 2 stroke engines can run on a variety of makeshift fuels.

A nail gun could be used at a close distance, again, its not a perfect weapon, but its something, not all of them use airlines.

Boats are a great idea, but they have there downsides. you can only travel where there is water, last time I looked, the riverbanks were not lined with asda's or chemists so you would have to venture inland now and then(needing more transport). I dont intend to rescue alot of people, chances are most would be dead any way so survivors would be few and far between.

The fishermen are exactly that, they work and live(at times) on the sea, they would be educated in how to survive in situations like the one they were in, give them a book of accounts and they would more than likely be stumped. If in this situation, my vehicle broke down, I could decide to repair it or abandon it, that is my profession and education, however I cant fish.

I think one thing that people are presuming is that fred down the road will be able to pick up a gun, select the right ammo and use it. Most people will die in the panic and attacks which will leave only a few survivors. Vigilante state would kick in and normal people will kill normal people for supplies.

The vast majority of people will not have the intelligence or physical strength to successfully hide or fight.

I didnt state that you could pick people off with a chainsaw. My point was if you are shooting people from a distance you can be spotted and cornered. You cannot see every where at the same time so you could be apporached from behind or the building you are in could be compromised. I think stealth would be an advantage, rather than blasting a gun which is obviously going to attract attention.

My point is that staying in one place and attracting attention is a bad idea, surely stealth would be better and if a attack was encountered, a fairly nimble makeshift weapon would be better. Do you have to kill an attacker? surely they could be maimed enabling a get away. A chainsaw will still be running when your gun has emptied a clip, there will be more fuel around than bullets and if fuel is a problem, alternatives can be made, petrol 2 stroke engines can run on a variety of makeshift fuels.

A nail gun could be used at a close distance, again, its not a perfect weapon, but its something, not all of them use airlines.

Boats are a great idea, but they have there downsides. you can only travel where there is water, last time I looked, the riverbanks were not lined with asda's or chemists so you would have to venture inland now and then(needing more transport). I dont intend to rescue alot of people, chances are most would be dead any way so survivors would be few and far between.

The fishermen are exactly that, they work and live(at times) on the sea, they would be educated in how to survive in situations like the one they were in, give them a book of accounts and they would more than likely be stumped. If in this situation, my vehicle broke down, I could decide to repair it or abandon it, that is my profession and education, however I cant fish.

I think one thing that people are presuming is that fred down the road will be able to pick up a gun, select the right ammo and use it. Most people will die in the panic and attacks which will leave only a few survivors. Vigilante state would kick in and normal people will kill normal people for supplies.

The vast majority of people will not have the intelligence or physical strength to successfully hide or fight.

dont get me wrong i think guns are a horrible idea, worse than running away, they train dependancy.

but i think a chainsaw is a noise silly weapon thats in effect, useless. a steel pipe or an axe and running away are simply better options.

most places with docks will have small dock side cafes, pharmacy's etc. i think its unlikely people would think to raid these types of place.

dont get me wrong i think guns are a horrible idea, worse than running away, they train dependancy.

but i think a chainsaw is a noise silly weapon thats in effect, useless. a steel pipe or an axe and running away are simply better options.

most places with docks will have small dock side cafes, pharmacy's etc. i think its unlikely people would think to raid these types of place.

I know exactly what your saying, gun shops are thin in the UK, air guns are more easily obtained as are crossbows etc. guns arent bad, its the people who use them that are.

The chainsaw is noisy and cumbersome, but its guaranteed to inflict damage, as it is easily obtainable, its a viable option. Your right with the steel pipes and axe choice, again, more common. But how many average joe people would be able to inflict a fatal blow, or at least a blow to break bones. If you cant have a dead zombie, one with broken legs is the next best thing.

Canals usually have an ice cream shop evry 10 miles or so thats usually only open in summer, unless zombies are fearful of mr whippy, theres not much else useful apart from fuel.

I think youd be pretty screwed on canals, the boat would usually be central, and its an easy distance to jump(if zombies could jump), plus there is the disadvantge of the bridges as they are quite low to the boats roof.

Alot of people would be hammering nails through bats and arming themselves with god knows what only to get killed in the first 24 hours, I think the best weapon is stealth.

A lab in an unknown location in the world has taken Cryogenic frozen bodies and managed to bring them back to life. However the cadavers appear to have no control over emotion or have a consciousness atoll, striving for one thing ... food. They manage to break free from the lab and attack the local populace before they manage to put the world in red alert or even get the army involved. It has now reached pandemic preportions and the whole world is plagued by the living dead.

Your in your house when the news finally broadcasts the message.

What do you do?

Where do you go?

Simple - I sit tight. I live on the fourth floor with only one door to worry about and have enough food for awhile in the refrigerator. I can board up the door if I need to and be pretty comfy for at least a week.

I know exactly what your saying, gun shops are thin in the UK, air guns are more easily obtained as are crossbows etc. guns arent bad, its the people who use them that are.

The chainsaw is noisy and cumbersome, but its guaranteed to inflict damage, as it is easily obtainable, its a viable option. Your right with the steel pipes and axe choice, again, more common. But how many average joe people would be able to inflict a fatal blow, or at least a blow to break bones. If you cant have a dead zombie, one with broken legs is the next best thing.

Canals usually have an ice cream shop evry 10 miles or so thats usually only open in summer, unless zombies are fearful of mr whippy, theres not much else useful apart from fuel.

I think youd be pretty screwed on canals, the boat would usually be central, and its an easy distance to jump(if zombies could jump), plus there is the disadvantge of the bridges as they are quite low to the boats roof.

Alot of people would be hammering nails through bats and arming themselves with god knows what only to get killed in the first 24 hours, I think the best weapon is stealth.

this is really true, i honestly doubt that with a single swing i could crush a head, i simply couldnt.

i think out of sight and out of reach would be the best option, also out thinking them. like traps, destroying a bridge and waiting on one side till they fell in etc.

You know, I've always been bugged that a zombie's only primal instinct would be to eat people. I'm not sure if anyone else realized it, but there's some other primal instincts that are really deeply seeded in the human mind.

Although the thought of being... violated while being eaten alive by an (un)dead corpse might be much more disturbing than the standardized zombie outbreak...

Look up reavers from joss whedon's firefly

Personally in a zombie apocolypse situation I'd head straight for a military base