Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giving up eating meat

Mistydawn

:(

Sick to the stumach and ill in my very being....

me too, me too...

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shabd Mystic

• redhen

• Beckys_Mom

• Mistydawn

You don't mind eating their babies?

When hens lay eggs they do not become their babies UNLESS the eggs are fertilized by the cockerel or rooster......If not fertilized they remain just eggs and wind up going bad after a while... My next door neighbor gives us some of the eggs his hens lay too and NO I do n't mind...

Just like I don't mind eating meat or other food people complain about..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Spiritually, eating meat lowers your vibration.

Here is the order from least to most harmful (to vibration):

- Air

- Water

- Grain

- Plant (Vegetable, Fruit)

- Nut, Seed, Egg

- Meat

- Human Meat

Stay on the UPPER side and it helps your vibration (a little, this is more to spirituality than diet).

Although if you do eat these other meats, your not considered evil, just with a lower vibration that can always be raised.

- Air

- Water

- Grain

- Nut, Seed, Egg

- Meat

- Human Meat

Stay on the UPPER side and it helps your vibration (a little, this is more to spirituality than diet).

Although if you do eat these other meats, your not considered evil, just with a lower vibration that can always be raised.

Good to know I can eat humans until I'm about 60 and then worry about "raising my vibration" once I retire. :lol:

Scientists have just discovered what they say is the oldest known Bible. Evidently subsequent varieties of the Bible were edited, but this version shows the Ten Commandments in their original form. This one in particular changes my beliefs completely:

`````````````````````````

Though Shalt Not Kill ***

*** Hire a butcher to do it for you!

(Paid for by The International Butchers Union, LLC.)

:P:lol::P

Edited by Shabd Mystic

Scientists have just discovered what they say is the oldest known Bible. Evidently subsequent varieties of the Bible were edited, but this version shows the Ten Commandments in their original form. This one in particular changes my beliefs completely:

Though Shalt Not Kill ***

*** Hire a butcher to do it for you!

(Paid for by The International Butchers Union, LLC.)

Thou shalt not kill in the bible meant Do not murder ....It does not mean you cannot hunt for animals for meat..

You don't mind eating their babies?

theres no rooster. Didn't you learn anything from biology class?

Also

'To Rhincewind:

You've been eating meat before you became a veggie.

That is the difference.

You built up a 'defence' using animal vitamins. The vitamines you got from eating meat are still in your body.

first let me say that has to be the daftest comment I have ever heard. Vitamin C stays in the system for about 5 months before you get a deficentcy and Its the only nutrient that does that. If I had only been a veggie for a month then you may have a point. But I stopped eating meat 13 years ago and any trace of animal protien has gone from my system and I am better for its departure.

We did need to eat meat once but we don't any more and the fact that people still do shows how primative some people can be

Thou shalt not kill in the bible meant Do not murder ....It does not mean you cannot hunt for animals for meat..

Ya, I keep forgetting God isn't too bright. My bad.

Had He had even average intelligence He would have realized that if He wanted humans to be able to understand Him He should have said exactly what He meant and used "Thou shalt not commit murder" instead of saying "Thou shalt not kill."

Thank goodness humans were smarter than God and therefore managed to "correct" His wording in later editions of the Bible.

When I was younger I was hoping there might be a smart enough human who could change another commandment to "Though shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, unless she's smokin' hot," but nobody ever did.

I guess I'm going to be stuck with paying for those sins since nobody ever bothered to change God's words to cover my butt the way they did to cover everyone else's. :lol:

Come to think of it, saying "though shalt not kill human beings" would have been much clearer but God was a dumb dufus. he left it so crazy people like me would think God actually meant "though shalt not kill" when He specifically said "thou shalt not kill."

Knowing God, He probably said "though shalt not kill" when He actually meant "though shalt not execute cartwheels while naked from 3 a.m. to 4:17 p.m. on the first Wednesday of April during leap years."

I wish God could have learned to say what He means!

- Air

- Water

- Grain

- Nut, Seed, Egg

- Meat

- Human Meat

And that, my friend, is utter new-age bull.

You have no scientific proof of any of that at all.

Plants were here first, and by that I could fabricate a nice theory: plants are far more (spiritually) evolved than any animal.

And in case someone thinks I am being 'skeptic' just because it looks 'cool': I was one of the guys many decades ago who used GSR (Galvanic Skin Respons) apparatusses to detect responses from plants. This apparatusses were aka 'lie detectors'.

And I did get responses from plants...

Still, I love to eat broccoli and other herbs, roots, nuts, and vegetables in general.

If I do not eat another living being, I will die.

Edited by Abramelin

I have beeb doing a lot of reading about the raw food diet. It makes a lot of sense....BUT, I truly beleive that humans need to eat meat, as we have developed for thousands of years eating it. You can't just change a diet that the humans have been folowing for thousands of years and not expect there to be health consequences. I have changed my eating habits to incorporate more raw veggies, and will lower the amount of meat \i eat, but I am not cutting it out completely.

Come to think of it, saying "though shalt not kill human beings" would have been much clearer but God was a dumb dufus. he left it so crazy people like me would think God actually meant "though shalt not kill" when He specifically said "thou shalt not kill."

Knowing God, He probably said "though shalt not kill" when He actually meant "though shalt not execute cartwheels while naked from 3 a.m. to 4:17 p.m. on the first Wednesday of April during leap years."

I wish God could have learned to say what He means!

Shabd, after I managed to stop laughing…. I had to nod in agreement with you in that one Gods law and another can be altered or re-evaluated or just plain changed, but basically the way it is understood and stands at present, seems to state that killing, (no further expounding on who/what/where/when) is therefore wrong and against Gods law.

I believe Butchers are liars! The one in our village has the sign 'J.Compton and Son - Family Butchers' in big letters over his shop window. I took my family down there yesterday, and he flatly refused! Can't trust anybody these days.

When hens lay eggs they do not become their babies UNLESS the eggs are fertilized by the cockerel or rooster......If not fertilized they remain just eggs and wind up going bad after a while... My next door neighbor gives us some of the eggs his hens lay too and NO I do n't mind...

Just like I don't mind eating meat or other food people complain about..

My chickens run loose the hens are more content with the c*** (foghorn leghorn) yes that is his name watching out while they feed.

My chickens run loose the hens are more content with the c*** (foghorn leghorn) yes that is his name watching out while they feed.

Still when a chicken lays its eggs, if not fertilized by the male.. then they are just eggs that will wind up going bad soon ...

Ya, I keep forgetting God isn't too bright. My bad.

God? what makes you think God wrote the bible? Do you really believe God wrote it and even said it? really? WOW .

Thank goodness humans were smarter than God and therefore managed to "correct" His wording in later editions of the Bible.

I hate to break it to ya... But it was humans that wrote it in the 1st place..w00t.gif..........

Edited by Beckys_Mom

And that, my friend, is utter new-age bull.

You have no scientific proof of any of that at all.

Plants were here first, and by that I could fabricate a nice theory: plants are far more (spiritually) evolved than any animal.

Actually you are right, in general plants have a higher vibration than animals. This is true, and it's good to intake their energy. Animals on the other hand, are in general a bit lower, and humans seems to be the lowest. Though this is GENERALLY speaking...

So it's best to eat the higher vibration food.

To Rhincewind:

You've been eating meat before you became a veggie.

That is the difference.

You built up a 'defence' using animal vitamins. The vitamines you got from eating meat are still in your body.

I was told a couple of times by a doctor who thought by looking at me I had so little iron in my blood.. To eat some red meat... I do.. I love meat.. I don't eat it every day....I like a healthy balance with both meat and veg.. But see After being tested by the doc, they saw I had iron in my blood.. I was just naturally pale...I take after my mother in that dept..

I never care what other people eat, it is really their business.. I only care for what I eat and my family.. That is why I never could understand why so many people get their undies in a twist over who eat what food? They should really mind their own business..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Still when a chicken lays its eggs, if not fertilized by the male.. then they are just eggs that will wind up going bad soon ...

Would it make a difference if fertilized? they taste just the same.

double post

Edited by hetrodoxly

Would it make a difference if fertilized? they taste just the same.

I wouldn't know.. All I know is I like to eat eggs.... I know that many farmers including my old granddad used to farm chicken to only lay eggs to sell them and he made sure they weren't fertilized.. He only allow a certain amount get fertilized and he kept them separate, for breeding purposes only

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I get my iron ( levels are fine by the way) from dark leafy veg and prunes. Why don't people understand that I am perfecly healthy with no nutrient deficencies at all!!

Turning veggie has been one of the best desicions I ever made and I recommend it to anyone