Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weird dreams thread!

_Ghastly_

Heh, I've got a big'un.

This took place a few nights ago, and I rarely remember my dreams, so forgive me if some off the details are left out, as I simply don't remember them.

The dream started (as best I recall) with me at the local elementary school. (I never attended here, but I tutored here about once a week through high school) I was as I am now, so I wasn't really young or anything like that. For some reason I was on the other end of the school from where I used to tutor, in this hallway. It was dark, and there was carpet all on the walls and floor, and what were either vending machines or arcade games along the walls (maybe both?). There were several (~20-30) kids, probably in third grade, some at the vending machines/games, others standing around and talking. I was running for some reason, towards the main hallway, when I ran into a group of two, maybe three kids. I felt like I knew all of them, but the one whose face I can somewhat recall I can't match to any of the ones I knew. One of them talked to me, and another might have said something as well, but I was in a hurry and ran off quickly. I got to the main hallway and turned towards the main entrance of the school, but instead of leaving the school, I turned down this other hallway. It was very wide (maybe 30-50 feet), and very, very tall, as well as extremely long (I don't remember seeing an end, but I also don't remember seeing a lack of an end, if you know what I mean). It was extremely well lit, and I seem to remember looking up and seeing skylights all along the roof. )Needless to say this hallway isn't actually in the real school.) I turned off of this hallway (again to the left) and into this elevator. It was very fancy, with circular walls and a little video monitor above some buttons next to the door, and with red carpet (of this type, somehow I feel it's important you know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Swatches_of_carpet_1.jpg). I remember I didn't press any buttons, but instead the door just closed and a few seconds later opened again. I felt like I was lower than before, so I think it went down. I was in this lab sort of area. White walls, large room with long desks in it, some with folders or loose papers on them. I turned towards the front of the room, to the right of where the elevator was, and there was a small wooden box. It was about a foot long, a few inches wide, made of dark wood, and had a curved lid (like a treasure chest). I seem to remember it being locked. From here on out the details vanish very fast. I left the room via the elevator, and this time it took a while to get there. On the way up, the video screen came to life and there was an old scientist saying something. The screen changed to a series of pictures of what looked like the typical Grey Man aliens in movies, but almost like babies. The man was still talking, and something he said made me realize the lab I was just in was part of the scientists kidnapping baby aliens for study, and I was filled with horror. The elevator opened, and I was approached by a woman in a lab coat (who I somehow got the impression was a teacher) who held out her hands for he box, but now it was open. Inside were some typed papers and a photograph. I think I might have looked at them and seen what they were, but I don't remember what anymore. I also can't remember if I ever gave the lady the box or not. This was followed the same night by another dream (I think it might have actually been right after this one, but there might have been one of those big blank spaces in there), but that dream gets kind of...weird, to say the least. Not gonna go into details, but it ended with me taking a leak into the shower, even though the toilet was right next to me.

I had another unrequited love style dream last night.

I dreamt that I was back in time to WW2 I think and Nazi Germany was taking over the world. I forget most of the start of the dream but I was on a mission to take out the major communications building of the Nazi. I snuck in at night time and placed bombs inside to level it. I forget most of that part but then it was like I had come home from war but my ex wife(wife in the dream)started to love another man. I forget most of that part too but the main thing I remember was then being on a very large boat and trying to push through the crowd of soldiers to lose her because she wanted to tell me something.

I thought I had lost her in the crowd but she found me and told me that she was going to marry this other man. I felt very bad and turned away from all the soldiers that were going back to war and walked the other way away from everyone. I then climbed up onto the railing of the boat and dove into the black ocean below. It was strange, I didnt think about it or anything I just climbed up and dove into the black water to suicide.

When I hit the water because I had dived off from such a height I went very deep. I straight away breathed in the water because I wanted to make it quick and to not reach the surface but when I breathed in the water I found myself breathing. So I went lucid and knew I was dreaming. I started to swim around underwater for a little but then I started to swim to the surface. While I was swimming to the surface I got angry and chose to fly. So I flew up through the water and out and up high into the sky and started to circle the boat. I was pretty angry so I flew through the boat like a ghost and I chose the most painful places to fly through. So I would see a jagged piece of metal and would chose to fly through that as if to say well this should hurt me but it will not hurt me.

It made me feel very powerful and I did it many many times. Towards the end I would almost feel the pain of the metal on my Shin but I didnt care and I just kept flying through the steel bars and sharp objects. There was a little more to it but I forget.

Anyway it was an interesting dream because I hate the ocean at night. Its one of the things I'm afraid of and I dont like the thought of being in the ocean at night time. But in this dream I was happy to go into the water. Even when I went lucid I didnt care that I was in the ocean at night. I also found it easy to fly out of the water, which I tend to find tricky.

Edited by Kazahel

I had a really frightening dream the other night unlike any that I've had in the past. Perhaps it was due to watching horror movies before bed?

In the beginning, I'm in my house inside of a guest bedroom sitting on the edge of a bed. As I turn my head to the left, I realize there is an unfamiliar man lying in the bed that I'm sitting on. I initially feel no threat from him, like he is a friend or relative I've known for a very long time. He talks to me and gets to know me and I ask him questions as well, in an oddly calm manner (considering he is a stranger that doesn't belong). I discover he is extremely ill and I tell him he can stay and rest if he wants. He then notifies me that he has no pillow, so I tell him I will fetch him one. On my journey to my room, I suddenly feel something sinister and foreboding, like an evil presence is watching me from all angles. The lighting in the dream suddenly changes from normal, to a weird and unsettling glow. The lights start to hum annoyingly as I grab my pillow and walk back. When I return, I lift his head and put the pillow underneath. He smiles kindly, thanks me, and asks if I'll stay a bit. I nod, a bit awkward feeling, and I sit once more at the edge of the bed. We have another conversation that I can't remember the contents of and towards the end, I grow quieter due to the previous foreboding feeling overwhelming me. I tell him that I'm going to bed and when I tell him this, his eyes flash cunningly. It is in that moment I feel terror and he suddenly leaps up from his previous laying position, grabs the back of my head, pulls it back towards his face and lets out the most bloodcurdling shriek that sounds like something out of a possession movie. His face, which was the normal face of a man, transforms into a ghastly shape and color. He digs his fingers into my head and keeps shrieking into my ears like a bird squawking almost. I try to cry out but I can't speak. His hands begin to feel like huge claws and then I wake up.

It was so intense :(

Edited by Time Turner

I interpret this as a message from your intuitive brain. Your logical brain is trusting someone and seeing them as normal who is not someone you should be trusting. Your subconscious is exaggerating the message to get you to pay attention. Who is it you are not seeing for who they are?

I had a really frightening dream the other night unlike any that I've had in the past. Perhaps it was due to watching horror movies before bed?

In the beginning, I'm in my house inside of a guest bedroom sitting on the edge of a bed. As I turn my head to the left, I realize there is an unfamiliar man lying in the bed that I'm sitting on. I initially feel no threat from him, like he is a friend or relative I've known for a very long time. He talks to me and gets to know me and I ask him questions as well, in an oddly calm manner (considering he is a stranger that doesn't belong). I discover he is extremely ill and I tell him he can stay and rest if he wants. He then notifies me that he has no pillow, so I tell him I will fetch him one. On my journey to my room, I suddenly feel something sinister and foreboding, like an evil presence is watching me from all angles. The lighting in the dream suddenly changes from normal, to a weird and unsettling glow. The lights start to hum annoyingly as I grab my pillow and walk back. When I return, I lift his head and put the pillow underneath. He smiles kindly, thanks me, and asks if I'll stay a bit. I nod, a bit awkward feeling, and I sit once more at the edge of the bed. We have another conversation that I can't remember the contents of and towards the end, I grow quieter due to the previous foreboding feeling overwhelming me. I tell him that I'm going to bed and when I tell him this, his eyes flash cunningly. It is in that moment I feel terror and he suddenly leaps up from his previous laying position, grabs the back of my head, pulls it back towards his face and lets out the most bloodcurdling shriek that sounds like something out of a possession movie. His face, which was the normal face of a man, transforms into a ghastly shape and color. He digs his fingers into my head and keeps shrieking into my ears like a bird squawking almost. I try to cry out but I can't speak. His hands begin to feel like huge claws and then I wake up.

It was so intense :(

well... This is the weirdest dream i have EVER had and scary too...

It all started I was walking to my dad's room and he was sitting inside a bin with a baby doll, he gave me the baby doll and it was so heavy. I was walking to my mom's room, which I have to cross the hallway, There were two mirrors at each side of the wall, I got pushed and to cushion myself in my reflexes I used my baby doll... The baby doll started bleeding... I woke up... But wait... I fell back asleep... I was back where I was before but no mirrors and no blood no baby doll... I walked past my room and it was empty, just my pink wall, and i saw a women crying while another women was putting a shoe box into a door for the attic. So I got kinda scared and ran to the dining room and the over head lamp broke off and hit my head, I was almost unconscious... BUT IT GETS WEIRDER!... The ceiling opens and a black vortex sucks me up and by then I'm screaming "MOMMY!"... And so I woke up with a TOTAL fear of going to the dining room to get breakfast... WAIT IT GETS REALLY WEIRD!!! A few months later I found out that my brother had the smae dream BUT It was HIS side... And BEFORE we had a dog he said "a beagle dog gets sucked into the TV" We HAD a beagle dog...

I've been having a few dreams lately where I look in the mirror to find I have the most amazing head of hair. Sometimes its black and sometimes its blood red but theres always lots of it and in the dream, I have a strong urge to give it a good brush but usually wake at that point.

Normally I don't remember my dreams at all or I have an impression of what was going on but only vague details at best.

However, occasionally there are the extremely vivid and real feeling dreams that aren't outright wacky (like the usual) but just plain odd.

One of the dreams that I had, my recollection starts while I'm staring up at the stars in the sky, the night is clear and the sky looks deep indigo, and I start to realize that the stars look like they have some sort of pattern to them as if they're describing a shape. As I continue staring I then realize that they are outlining a 747 or 757, a very big plane. As I continue looking, the stars seem to morph into lights along the planes surface and then as the plane seems to come closer it's no longer just outlined in stars or lights but three dimensional and real looking. (it's low enough that it's probably taxiing on a runway towards me)

This whole event is startling and once the plane becomes real the next thing I remember is being in a sort of hedge maze, except instead of boxwood it's all thick tangled vines with few or no leaves forming the walls of the maze. In fact, it looked kind of like one of the wall textures / rooms in Doom. Anyway, I'm going through the maze and I finally get to the exit, and I look down and on the ground at my feet is a pile of writhing snakes, forming a sort of torus and moving about it in a kind of spiral way but not very orderly. It seems like every snake in the pile is of a different variety and color pattern, black, red, white, green and brown all stand out as colors I saw in the mix. I wasn't afraid because I've always loved snakes but I was confused as to why I saw that. Then I looked up and a friend who I worked with at the time was in the doorway exit of the maze, smiles at me and then disappears.

Next, I find myself in a place I understand to be a mall but it is very futuristic and doesn't look like any mall I've been in before. The walls are a sort of shiny granite or painted metal and everything's wide open, beige and silver in color and airy as if there's no roof, but I never actually looked up to see if there was a ceiling. As I'm in the mall with my boyfriend of that time, there is an outbreak of some disease and I'm among the people who get sick. We're taken to some "store" in the mall that's empty and only has some medical looking equipment as well as some chairs, and one by one we are given a shot that cures us. I leave the medical area and walk over to where my boyfriend is standing and he asks how they managed to cure the disease. I tell him we were injected with Botox. He looks at me quizzically, and I say "botanical toxin" as if it's the answer to all of life's questions.

Then I wake up.

A couple of more recent weird ones,

I vaguely remember going around a small village of buildings that kind of looked like adobe, all the lighting was dim and warm like it was candles. As I'm going around first to a party and then looking for something or someone, I keep noticing a humanoid figure in the distance or some other part of the village that has a face that looks almost like an ornate noh mask. I looked back in a direction where I had seen the figure to make sure it was still there, because it made me feel uneasy, and when I turned back around it was directly in front of me, so close our noses were almost touching. That startled me so much that I immediately woke up and couldn't go back to sleep for a while.

There was also a dream where there was a sort of party going on, but I didn't like the people there so I went into a hut (that I thought I lived in) and for some reason I laid down on a high table or countertop. Someone I thought was my boyfriend came in the room and was standing in front of me talking to me, then he leaned over with a long, skinny metal tool in his hand that had a tip that was glowing orange like light shown through orange acrylic, which he pushed into my eye. Again, startled awake immediately.

The last two happened in the past 3 months, the first one was from about ten years ago.

There was also one time that I was woken up by the feeling I was flying or falling sideways, slammed into my body and the bed tilted up on an angle from the force. I laid there awake for a while, feeling like if I moved I'd fall off the bed because it was at such a steep incline.

My cousin and I were standing in a back lane, we're we use to play as kids. When a friend of dad's who I am fairly good friends with comes up to us. This is where it gets weird.

He stabs my cousin in the chest and then comes for me, I pick up a stick and manage to hack at him, he picks up a crowbar and then starts swiping at me and cuts my chest bad. I was genuinely scarred, and randomly, I then had a knife in my hand? I picked it up and started lunging at him, all this time my cousin is bleeding. He then grabs my hand to try and disarm me - Recently I've learn't Aikido and a move to stop that very thing - I use the move and smack him down and stab him.

I then tend to me cousin, who now is magically missing an arm? I take him to his parents house and the whole family is there, we are outside and they are helping him, meanwhile I rest on a tree and look at my stomach, there are blood stains on my shirt. I take my shirt off to get a better look. The cuts, healed themselves before my eyes. Then I woke up.

Strange..

Edit: The strange thing was, during the fight, I felt like I was controlling the dream and fighting.

tl;dr Had a dream about a knife fight, won and healed myself.

Edited by oscargray

I dreamt last night that I had a broken finger. I couldnt remember how it had happened, but it was broken for a few days and finally my husband was taking me to the hospital. I was scared of it getting fixed b/c i didn't want them to "pop" it back into place.

there were other things/people going on in the dream but I only remember the part about my finger, it seemed to be the most important thing in the dream. when I woke up I realized it had been my ring finger.

I dreamt last night that I was outside, in the backyard of my place under the trees with another person who I think was wearing all white. I dont know who they were but they showed me a book or something that showed a bee going into the palm of a human hand. We talked about it and then I showed them my left palm which had a hole in it about half a cm in size just under the pointer finger. The surrounding skin was twisted similar to if you placed a blunt pencil on your skin and twisted it. A bee was trying to burrow inside and had its head inside the hole and I was showing the person with me how its the same as in the book as if it was a normal thing.

I casually grabbed the bee and carefully pulled it out to show the hive entrance. It wasnt easy to take the bee out, it was quite strong and after I did I just let the bee fly around me. Then we could see the skin around my palm was being raised as if another bee was under the skin and was trying to find the exit, it was moving around looking for it. It eventually found the exit and placed just its head out of the skin and looked at us. I think it was kinda looking to see where the other bee had gone and I showed it to the person with me as if it was a normal thing and I said something like "see" in a casual manner.

I wasnt freaked out by having them inside me but it was kinda weird. I dreamt about bees not that long ago too(Page 42)but in that dream I was one of/with them. This time I dreamt I was their hive.

Edited by Kazahel

I had a very strange, but visually stunning dream last night. I was sitting in my front yard on the grass, gazing up at the night sky. Except, the night sky wasn't the usual moon and stars... I could see planets and nebulas vividly. It was as if all the planets in the solar system had gathered around planet Earth. I could hear soft twinkling sounds, which I assumed was coming from the planets. It was a very peaceful dream...if only they were all this serene

Moons_of_Jupitar_by_gmrViper.jpg

(something similar to what it looked like)

Edited by Time Turner

In one of my recent dreams, I was in the backyard of the house I grew up in. I was walking down the sidewalk to go into the alley. The door to the storage shed flew open and a thing with a yellow face burst out and ran toward me. I fell backwards, and start to kick at the thing. As I did so, I woke up immediately, just in time to realize that I was kicking over a tv tray stand next to my bed with books on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a symbolic one I suppose last night. I dreamt I was in India(I think/somewhere like that) and I was watching people walking down the street. I was thinking how people are not bothered by the crowds and I was amazed by this because I dont like crowds. Someone was telling me that they were wanting to build the worlds biggest theme park but couldnt get enough land. They showed me a map and how much extra land they needed to make it the worlds biggest. So I think it ended up being the second biggest.

Anyway the next thing I remember I was in a car that was parked outside a service station/small shop and I didnt want to leave the car because of all the people. I felt trapped inside it. But I went lucid and I knew I was dreaming so I stepped outside and took off my pants to show I was no afraid of the crowd. lol. I walked down the street in just my underwear and didnt care because I knew I was dreaming.

Then I remember driving along the fence line of the theme park that was built. It was a massive almost three story high grey concrete wall/fence, we stopped and parked in the car park which was just huge. It was all land that had been cleared and turned into concrete and only a few trees were left as decoration. I got out of the car with my son who was younger in the dream and I looked over to see some crows that were playing in one of the trees.

When I saw the crows I took my sons hand and said to him lets go play in the tree. I wanted to teach him how and I was still lucid. It was like I wanted to teach him about the birds and that the tree was better than the theme park. So we walked over and one of the crows was sitting down like a sphinx on a branch and she was half human half magpie looking. Her body was like a magpie but she had an aboriginal older females face. She was sitting and watching over her daughter playing in the tree who was a human baby girl and was climbing the branches.

I lifted up my son up to help him get started in the tree and he grabbed hold but was finding it tricky to climb because he wasnt strong enough yet. I knew it was better though to let him learn to climb himself so he would become stronger and to not help(boost)him further up the tree. And I just stood under the tree encouraging him.

There is so many good book ideas in this thread! Here is a couple dreams I think may make the cut. First of all, I am not a believer in demons but I do believe in ghosts. I know, I know. I just don't think that demons are real. So I have been having dreams about them. One in particular. I am not sure if there is such a demon as a dirt demon, but that's who was in my dream. It goes like this: All my children were here with me and they were all grown up like they are except I was still treating them like they were young. There were demons outside and we were trying to keep them out of the house. I had the door open and was calling my boys inside when I saw a "Dirt Demon" standing next to the trunk of a large tree trying to hide from me. When I saw it I yelled at the boys to hurry and get in the house! The demon started spinning like a tornado! It was going as fast as it could to get into the house before I shut the door. I was not fast enough and it got in. It was still spinning like a tornado in the house and in the dream I knew that if I could get my hands on it I could send it away. I was finally able to get a hold of it. I grabbed it by the neck with both hands and started choking it has hard as I could while I was yelling at it, "You can not be in my house without permission and I have not given you permission to be here so get out!!!"

It's face is got all weird with rage and I could see that it's eyes were rocks and it's eye brow's were sticks. Its mouth was also sticks that were just put end to end to form a mouth. It was so outraged that I was making it leave! Suddenly it just exploded into a dust cloud and I knew that it was gone. That dream was weird and I don't even think that there is a "dirt demon."

So now I switch gears and start a dream about ghosts. With a twist, I am the ghost. I dreamed that I was a ghost but I did not know I was. I was so upset that nobody would listen to me. It did not matter what I did or said or how much noise I made, no one could hear me. I was in the living room with my kids and my husband and I was in the middle of the floor screaming and still they did not hear me!! I have had several dreams like this so I wonder if this is how it is for some ghosts. I wonder if they get upset because they don't know that we can't see them or that they are dead. I have been having a lot of "passing to the other side" kind of dreams lately. Starting to bother me too. Well thanks for letting me share. I am thinking that some one should write some short stories with some of these dreams.

Rocketgirl B)

I have so many weird dreams I'm not sure if I have contributed to this thread before but I probably have. To give you a little background.... most of my dreams are very vivid and detailed, like watching a movie, others are flashes of images but with a very clear thought behind them. I always dream, it's not a rare thing for me and most of the time I remember the dreams.

For the last month I had been having disturbing nightmares, clear and vivid as real life. It all began because of a break-in that happened in December. I was home alone one morning and the house next door (my Father in law's house) got broken in to. I thought I heard a really loud bang so I went to the front of the house but I couldn't see anything just a big construction truck out front, I went to the other window and still couldn't see anyone or anything so I decided to go outside. Right as I walked onto the front porch this guy comes running out of my Father-in law's house carrying a TV, guitars and who knows what else... I freaking panicked! I yelled "wtf are you doing??" He just looked at me and froze, my first response was to tell my dogs to get him. The dogs were right behind me, they just ran right past me and after the guy. They didn't catch up to him, there was someone waiting in the truck who opened the door so the robber could jump in. But right at that second when my dogs ran past me I came to a realization... They are going to kill my dogs. Which didn't happen...my dogs are fine, the guy is in jail, I was able to pick him out of a line up. But since then I have had these terrible dreams of people breaking in and hurting my dogs.

Warning!!! Very graphic.

The first one was the worst I think... It was like real life. I had fallen asleep on the couch with a movie playing (which happens often). I was waking up and could see the tv going, walked into the kitchen, looked at the time on the stove and it was exactly 4:00 am, walked to the fridge to get some water, poured a glass of water out of a pitcher (which I don't have anymore, this is when I would have usually became lucid). Right as I'm closing the fridge someone came in trough the side door right next to me, I poured the water in her face and ran. I ran back to the living room to wake up my fiance and there was two men coming in trough the front, I could see one of them outside wrestling my dogs. I woke up on the couch, I was super freaked out, my heart was beating so fast. It felt so real, I kept thinking is it about to happen?, I even walked over to look at the time. That's when I realized the pitcher thing, I haven't had that pitcher since I first moved in, which was years ago.

Slowly the dreams became more and more about the dogs. Another one I can remember really clearly just started in the middle of everything. I was in the front yard and I could see my oldest dog (Momma Dog) by the edge of the road in front of the house beaten to a bloody pulp, she was laying in a puddle of blood that was coming from her head but there was really little head left, and there was a big monkey wrench next to her that I assume was used to beat her. Then I looked over and saw some guy wrestling the youngest dog( Lilo, who is also the biggest). I could see him struggling but he was trying to break her neck, when that didn't work he turned to choking her with a chain, when this happened I realized I had to try to find my other dog, but right when I turn to run I see a huge man standing behind me. I woke up with a jump.

The other one I can remember very clearly was about the other dog (Rusty). In this dream the people were already in the house, and ransacking trough everything. The other dogs were not around and Rusty was barking and trying to go at them, so they sprayed him with something like pepper spray but it was smoky. As soon as he backed off they went to the back to what they were doing. I grabbed some water and tried to get that stuff out of his mouth. He seemed fine, but I few minutes later he started dry heaving and convulsing... it looked like he was having seizures and choking on something. I just kept trying to hold him, but he kept shaking so I couldn't. Then I woke up, it was terrible this one also felt very real.

I think mostly they're like guilty conscious dreams. In my head I had, or have this idea that I could have gotten my dogs killed, instantly after I let them out I felt terrible that I had put them at risk like that. So I assume it manifested in my dreams, they've kinda gone away but every now and then I'll have a break-in dream.

Edited by Dharma D

I want to add one more thing, I forgot to share earlier. The very first night theses dreams began, I had another really disturbing dream right before, this one was also very lucid and I was very glad it wasn't real. This was January the 7th now that I realize, I had gone to my best friend's little girl's birthday party. At the party I saw this little boy named Aiden who I had not seen in a few years, he once lived with his grandma who was my best friend's Mom's best friend.... point being me and my best friend spent a lot of time with him when he was little, since he moved back in with his Mom we don't see him as much. Well that day I saw Aiden, it had been years he is now 10.

That night right before the first break in dream, I had a dream that I was babysitting Aiden and another little girl, for some reason I can not remember who she is. I had put them to bed in the same bed, a big white, clean, fluffy, super comfy looking bed. I left the room and later in the night was coming back in to check on them, when I came in the little girl was in the bed but Aiden wasn't. I walked around and looked between what was now twin beds, Aiden was in between both beds having a seizure, he was turning green and blue, I grabbed him and reached over and grabbed the blanket and started putting it in his mouth, so he wouldn't bite his tongue. Right then I woke up, I went back to sleep.

In the morning I didn't really remember this dream because I had just had the break-in dream but I knew I had dreamed Aiden. Later when I tried to recall it, I remembered it clearly and completely. It made me all shaky and freaked out, I think it's what made the other dream so scary for me... it's was like continuing dread from this one. I didn't even try to interpret this one, I have no idea.

I dreamt about my house being filled with smoke. I could see myself "waking up" getting up from bed and there was thick grey smoke everywhere, I was trying to see, trying to figure out why there was smoke but no fire. Then I woke up.

I've known smoke in dreams to represent 'energy'. Maybe a shift of energy. The density and colour tend to be hints as to what is lingering. Open your windows today for a while and air the house.

I've known smoke in dreams to represent 'energy'. Maybe a shift of energy. The density and colour tend to be hints as to what is lingering. Open your windows today for a while and air the house.

Okay I will, that is interesting. Thanks for the reply.

A dream I had 2 nights ago.

I was in the English countryside, and was head of a crew doing reconstruction/renovation work that seemed to be similar to those TV shows where they renovate houses. The property I was on was bounded on 3 sides by fields, and on the fourth by what appeared to be a junkyard with the forward fuselage of a small passanger airliner, similar to a 737 or slightly smaller, being carried by a crane. All the fences were post and wire style.

On the property was a house of unusual style and two medieval crenellated towers separate from the house and by a small body of water - perhaps a lake. The top third (or so) of the tower closest to the water had collapsed into the water, and the other tower had totally collapsed - but both collapsed structures were still intact. Both towers were part of the reconstruction.

The house, as I said, was an unusual style with the front being taller than the rear, but having the same number of floors - about 4 or 5 - so the profile was trapezoidal. The owner of the house was a woman slightly older than myself, and there were about 5 or so in my 'team' of renovators. The house was brick base with the rest timber, except for the third floor which was all glass on 3 sides (front and two sides). There were small trees immediately to the rear of the house, and there was a front and side door. I chopped down two of the trees with an axe, to be able to paint the house.

I spent most of the dream talking to the crew about the towers, and to the house owner about the house. I went into the house for a brief time - going through the front door into an entrance hall then turning right into a passage, through a kitchen and out the side door.

There was also a small shed/outbuilding which, although a part of the property seemed to be on the other side of the junkyard.

I don't recall doing any renovations or reconstrcution in the dream, but the details are very vivid.

I've always wondered what sleep talkers are dreaming about when they do or say certain things.

Check this funny blog out about a guy sleep talking.

Sleep talking Husband Blog

My uncle used to drive truck for a company that was shipping eggs, and he'd frequently talk in his sleep saying

"No, honest, I didn't break none of the eggs!"

One time I tried to wake up my boyfriend and he said very angrily how he did not want to go to school and called me mom.

Had this dream last night;

It was daytime, overcast, and I was walking around town. I walked past a bank and noticed there was a commosion there. Apparently a man had run in there with a gun screaming that God wanted him to kill someone. Two police officers escorted the man away while he was screaming and shouting nonsense. Then suddenly I hear this booming voice, almost like a narrator, start talking. It kinda sounded like Robert Stack from the old Unsolved Mysteries. :w00t: The voice said "It is well known that God will sometimes take action on Earth, but he never does it in person. When God kills, he forces mortals to do his dirty work. They are labeled insane, broken, mad. And of course, they are. But who is to say that their madness was not caused by a being that can not be comprehended by mortals? Who is to say God did not personally drive those people mad?" Then I turn around and see this out of place person in long black robes standing over by the street corner behind me. It walks towards me, then when it's almost right next to me, it stops. It lowers its hood, and I realize it has no face, where its head should be there's just this black smoke-like mass. Then I woke up. :ph34r:

I'm assuming this one is weird enough for the weird dreams thread ;)