Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IF this all existed? What then?

G3N0M3

I posted another topic like this in the UFO section and would like too see what this section has to say about the whole subject.

If we had the proper science to be able to measure this function; which we will within 100 years, what will happen? Will it be good or bad for society?

When I think about this part of the whole subject, for me it comes down to whether or not our world culture is able to handle such a drastic understanding of the universe in such a short time. Thankfully with the internet and availability of information now we can through this 100 years and be able to change. Already my generation and all generations after me will be living in this new change. It's how we handle this, our generation...

World religions would crumble, entire beliefs would be null and whoever believes in anything else BUT the existance of science is deemed crazy or fanatical. If people still believed in god, etc. they might be considered cultists.

I believe it would be good for society in the long run, but short term it will cause mass hysteria and riots across all the cities of the world, from religious devouts now not believing in Hell to keep them from murdering or stealing... There will be mass rejection of the religion; killing thousands maybe millions by way of suicide. Entire organizations will break down in the mass collapse... from mass withdrawls from banks to no-one showing up for work. Christian and other religious groups who spend their time helping people will no longer be helping all the needy, sick and poor.

This I believe would only happen if we were to instantly KNOW that this subject exists, if it is within 100 years I believe that religion will be nearly gone within that time. For the fact that 90% of the people in my generation that are religious, were made to be religious by their parents. Our generation and our future generations I predict would not force religion on their children because of technology.

Well that's my thought on the subject, have at it people!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G3N0M3

• nyuk

• Cryptozological Mascot

• VvROMULUSvV

I read your post three times. I still don't see what this "knowledge/subject" is referring to...

As far as "religions" being gone in one hundred years - I agree. There won't be a need for faith any longer when God makes Himself manifest with us. It will no longer be a mystery.

I read your post three times. I still don't see what this "knowledge/subject" is referring to...

As far as "religions" being gone in one hundred years - I agree. There won't be a need for faith any longer when God makes Himself manifest with us. It will no longer be a mystery.

The fact it is posted in the "Ghosts, Hauntings & The Paranormal" section... it might be talking about... Ghosts and The Paranormal?

If I posted that title in the Philosophy section... that could mean a whole different ball-game and a completely different subject. This is referring to the Forum Section... Each section is a different subject, people talk about those subjects within that Forum Section.

Are you saying that religion would die off if we were able to scientifically prove the existence of ghosts and other paranormal activities? I don't see that as a necessary consequence. There are a number of religions which acknowledge paranormal activity.

The fact it is posted in the "Ghosts, Hauntings & The Paranormal" section... it might be talking about... Ghosts and The Paranormal?

If I posted that title in the Philosophy section... that could mean a whole different ball-game and a completely different subject. This is referring to the Forum Section... Each section is a different subject, people talk about those subjects within that Forum Section.

To be fair, your question got mired in your rhetoric. I am having a little trouble trying to figure out exactly what you're asking as well.

You're talking about all this as a foregone conclusion...?

Usually we wait to see what are test results tell us before we start making guesses as to what the far reaching sociological effects will be.

I believe that what you're asking is, what the world wide reaction will be when Ghosts, Hauntings & the Paranormal were proven to really exist in a measurable way...?

I don't honestly see much changing. It doesn't really effect peoples daily lives, so there isn't much to "change". Same as any other major scientific discovery. Some ingenious folks will find a way to work with that knowledge, turn it into something useful. For the most part, people will talk about it for a few years, it will become common place, and eventually it will be as regular as an electric lightbulb.

I too am a little confused. You're stating your theory of the future is: science will eradicate the need for religion.

I don't believe so.

I am not a religious person, but I see that there is a need for it. People need to feel there's more to life than what they have. Religion gives them a sense of purpose, a future.

Plus science is a continuous movement - the more they understand, the more questions it raises. Science has answered many questions, but in doing so has simply made it possible to ask many more, deeper, complex questions. We will never understand everything!

Both great posts, it may have been better for me to state it in a more objective way, yes sorry about that.

I also believe the same as the last post, but the whole thing is, it will then be spirituality instead of religion. Religion you are worshiping something, making you less than what you are to overcome whatever obsticle in your way. In spirituality you just are, and learn from "being". Much how philosophy looks at problems.

I also agree with science being falsefiable. That is what makes today's day and age so hillarious, with the debates it is always only one way or the other, but what about it is both just at different states at different times.

**Edit**

I would like to also point out that I'm not stating this as FACT and that I am saying "When I think about this part of the whole subject, for me it comes down to..."

Furthermore I continued "I believe it would be good for society in the long run..." ALSO "This I believe would only happen if we were to instantly KNOW that this subject exists..."

Not once did I say, this is fact, at the start of every paragragh I said I believe, I think... etc.

I was just asking what other people think would happen in the sittuation.

Edited by G3N0M3

Hi G3NOM3

Im a little bit confused to be honest.

I dont know if you are intimating scientists are actually trying to prove, beyond any doubt, that God doesnt exist.

If they are, why are they doing this?

How could this benefit mankind?

nyuk

What the ? Ghosts are gonna what ? All he talks about is religion, but you should understand if he puts it into the ghosts, hauntings, and paranormal section, that should tell you the subject matter ? I'm not confused, I'm totally mystified !

Yeah this post is a little confusing, at first I thought it was trying to be said that science would ultimately dispell God and the Paranormal or Ghost and Hauntings but now it seems as if it's attempted to be said that science will ultimately vindiacte the existence of an afterlife and the paranormal. If the latter is the case I hope with all my heart that is true, I believe it would ultimately bring peace upon the face of the earth but I still need it to be cleared up, which one is it :lol:

I think he's asking if science proved that spirits existed how would it change societies views on the world around them. Most Christian religions believe that death is the end, that we go on to be with either God or to hell.

For me I'm a non-practising Catholic but I have a strong believe in God / Jehovah, at the same time from personal experience I believe in spirits both good and bad just as there are good and bad people.

This wouldn't change nothing nor my children as I answer all their questions and teach them as much as possible thus allowing them to make up their own minds. I'd be more shocked if they were shocked lol.

As for the average person who follows a certain way of life out of fear of Gods wraith well who knows.....

If I smoked 2 joints I'd know exactly what you ment!! ...,, but they drug test me at work now... You do seem to care!! (about what I have know idea)... Just kidding.... Were you saying that science will within 100 years prove religion, the supernatural, and anything else Devine to be false.... But if it happens more sudden.... Disastrous things as you mentioned will occur?? If that be it... I disagree,

If I smoked 2 joints I'd know exactly what you ment!! ...,, but they drug test me at work now... You do seem to care!! (about what I have know idea)... Just kidding.... Were you saying that science will within 100 years prove religion, the supernatural, and anything else Devine to be false.... But if it happens more sudden.... Disastrous things as you mentioned will occur?? If that be it... I disagree,

Hya Jude,

You smoking herbal ciggies ;)

Well, im still confused, so im gonna go along with Jude on this one.

That means i dissagree as well :)

If ghosts were proven real it wouldn't dissolve religion, in fact I think more people would become religious knowing that the atheist view of nothing after death was proven wrong

i agree and disagree with this in a couple of bits,

At the moment this subject has a interest from only a small amount of the world's population, most of the younger generation's are too busy chasing girls/boys, school, friends etc etc they haven't got time or want to know much about this, a survey was done in our town about ghost's and spirit's ... 90% of them knew ghost and spirits from the likes of 'Paranormal Activity' no discussion forums or paranormal websites just the average crappy movie, these are the type of people that are going to cause the mass hysteria from not knowing

how old is the youngest member in UM

I'm a true believer in afterlife... at the end of the day we are unique, our soul is what makes us unique, without a soul your nothing but cattle and waste really just a empty vessel plodding along, from this belief i also believe that we are not alone and we are being studied because of our soul from E.T's (i have posted on other page)

why is it so hard to believe that there are other beings in this universe because at the end of the day, your breathing and using technology we thought wouldn't exist in the start of 1900's, we evolved and advanced our discovery (circuit boards) this is just with humans, animals have also showed signs of evolving and can work complex maze's, at first we thought we knew it all about life and what was needed to survive yet life has still been found in acid pits and thriving...

All these 'cover up' stories and crap doesn't help, when they do show them self (E.T) and i honestly think they will soon enough, what are the governments going to say, 'this is our first ever contact in the history of mankind.....' what about all the other contact we have had but it has been hiding from us or the truth has been bent in a way to cover the truth, that is when looting is going to be more likely, who is going to want to help there government if you are told they have been lying and cheating you from day one...

we have always shown signs of being hostile, we have always shown signs that no one have fair rights when it comes to government, even your own body , if it was discovered that i could bend or use the natural elements from my fingertips, i would be taken away for testing and i bet against my own will.... ok this does sound far fetched but its the example im trying to use and this could be happening today (held against will)

more to follow but i have ran out of time

As with all of the great revelations of the past, I think that for the most part life will go on pretty much as it had before.

A survey I found from 2009 shows that about half of people already believe in ghosts, evidence or no: My link Also that belief is more common in the population under 45 years of age, and it is more common in women than in men.

I don't think the revelation of ghosts being real (or there being an afterlife) will be all that earth shattering to people. A lot of people who don't believe in ghosts are at least aware of the concept even if they consider it fringe or tall tales, so it won't tbe that shocking to them if it were ever proved. Plus some who don't actually believe they are real because there are no proof are still looking for proof because they're curious.

I think we'd see some people being less religious and other people being more religious. Proof of ghosts would support the idea that everyone doesn't automatically get swept off to heaven or hell but that there is more of a grey area, even a purgatory where souls can work off their debt of sin and eventually get to heaven (which is why we see them as ghosts).

If we could prove ghosts exist, then we could probably also communicate better with them. We'd be able to find out more about the afterlife and, lets face it, if people were told exactly what happens after you die it could eliminate all need for religion.

However, there will always be those who claim those ghosts are demons and that they're trying to stray people away from religion with their false claims about the afterlife.

I don't think there will be riots in the streets but I do think the debate will continue eternally: afterlife or not, religion or not, god or not, etc.

I think there are a lot of cultures that believe in ghosts, or paranormal beings: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Tibetan Buddhists talk about the hungry ghosts, in the US people often visit graves and speak to their loved ones who've crossed over, indigneous people speak of the spirits of their ancestors. There is a tendency towards ethnocentricity, a failure to recognize that other cultures have experiences, beliefs, thoughts, etc. are different from ours, and are just as valid.

And in those places/cultures, life pretty much does go along as usual.

Edited by Beany

I tried to be as scientific oriented in proposing the question, it was what you would call... "A double fake"

People who thought logically seen that the arguement is within the persons understandings, the persons experience and social upbringings, therefore had a neutral, none "passionate" response.

Though you can still see that so many people still believe that there is an afterlife, or that they believe others will still think there is an afterlife.

I personally believe in the "afterlife", I experience it and can teach anyone how to experience it. The "afterlife" in science, is mis-understood dimensional theory. Once we develop the math, or instruments to measure that dimensional wavelength we will be able to understand the afterlife. Which is not good because then we will manipulate the energy of the planet with technology... who knows, it all sounds fiction, sci-fi to me really.

Spirituality I believe will be the new "religion" all others will be looked at as "old" such as any monotheist religion, personafying LIFE in all of existence. Science and math is the ultimate way to experience "god", with science you gain an understanding, a way of weeding out fact from fiction. Math is a way we can measure that fact. This is called "Physics".

The afterlife is just unmeasured "Physics".

I really don't know why people were so perplexed by this question - i pictured in my mind a grade school teacher trying to explain simple algebra to 10 year olds as an analogy

"..If N is the sum of..." etcetera...

Anyways, my 2c worth. I have longed for a time when organised religion would just crawl into the corner and die the death it deserves because it is based purely on 'Faith' and by that notion, i can then proclaim to believe in anything i so wish because i have 'faith'. What utter rubbish.

Now! If, as you propose, science proves spiritual entities to be true beyond a shadow of a doubt, spiritualists won't be surprised and devout religious ignoramii (yes i made that word up) would claim it to be proof of god!

So, what is needed is not only to prove entities are real, but to be able to communicate with them as easily as picking up one's phone. Ask them the big question, they'll respond back with something like.. "..no..no god here, just residual energy retaining a memory of it's past existence.." and hey presto! Religious crack nuts gone!

Take god out though, and people will just start pleading and praying to the laws of chaos to be in their favour. You can't really win with the human condition.

I believe that the paranormal is going to prove that scientists don't exist.

:devil:

I posted another topic like this in the UFO section and would like too see what this section has to say about the whole subject.

If we had the proper science to be able to measure this function; which we will within 100 years, what will happen? Will it be good or bad for society?

When I think about this part of the whole subject, for me it comes down to whether or not our world culture is able to handle such a drastic understanding of the universe in such a short time. Thankfully with the internet and availability of information now we can through this 100 years and be able to change. Already my generation and all generations after me will be living in this new change. It's how we handle this, our generation...

World religions would crumble, entire beliefs would be null and whoever believes in anything else BUT the existance of science is deemed crazy or fanatical. If people still believed in god, etc. they might be considered cultists.

I believe it would be good for society in the long run, but short term it will cause mass hysteria and riots across all the cities of the world, from religious devouts now not believing in Hell to keep them from murdering or stealing... There will be mass rejection of the religion; killing thousands maybe millions by way of suicide. Entire organizations will break down in the mass collapse... from mass withdrawls from banks to no-one showing up for work. Christian and other religious groups who spend their time helping people will no longer be helping all the needy, sick and poor.

This I believe would only happen if we were to instantly KNOW that this subject exists, if it is within 100 years I believe that religion will be nearly gone within that time. For the fact that 90% of the people in my generation that are religious, were made to be religious by their parents. Our generation and our future generations I predict would not force religion on their children because of technology.

Well that's my thought on the subject, have at it people!

I think I can understand your idealism, and worries. If science were to prove that consciousness could take forms, or retain them, from different living beings independent of a physical body... Maybe we would breathe easier, but then wouldn't we really start to wonder what we are here for in a different way? What would happen if you knew you were immortal in a sense? Different religions have beliefs that guarantee them certain things after death, but they still seem fairly flawed, and definitely tied to this plane. If we could detect disembodied consciousness what kinds of things would we try to gain from it? Would people be combing the beaches with ghost detectors, and those traps like they used in Ghostbusters?

I almost think that that can't happen on Earth in mass. I think that we get to peek behind the veil every once in a while, or people who are lucky, (or unlucky), experience something different from what most people consider reality in a somewhat limited way. I think it is like a dream. You might understand exactly what it means right after you wake up. You remember the exact feeling then, but then when you try to write it down or think about it everything changes. Since we are alive we probably couldn't hold onto all of the things that a scientifically proven ultimate spirituality implies. What would we gain if we could talk to the dead at any time? Maybe some of them aren't allowed to tell us too much, or maybe we literally wouldn't be able to understand.

I think that science and religion would probably meet in some places. I don't think that anyone who was religious would be labeled as a cult follower. We would probably try and look at what human beings have always been trying to express about a "proper" way to live, and why we feel the need to communicate those things in a non-political way. What do we live for? If we knew the whole story what would be left to learn from our incarnation as human beings?

I don't know. I kind of think that we would have to be on a different level first. If you could travel anywhere in the universe at the speed of thought where would you go? I think there might be some sort of rule that we have to be here now, as cliche as that sounds. I could very well be wrong though.

Edited by FollowTheLights

• 3 weeks later...

I like the last posts because they understood exactly what I was getting at.

The reason why I started this thread was to get the different opinions and most of them share links with my theory, but my "understanding" which was created through my "experiences" has created another kind of understanding, also, with the way I think I am able to analyze (with my current knowledge) what something is, what happened, how did it happen, etc.

From possessions to stigmata the physical things are the foundations of our future, believe it or not. These afflictions are caused by will, pure thought and direction, these people are able to create "miracles" through prayer. Possessions are actually the merging of entities/thoughts within a person, the person can let it take control and can hide it well creating a powerful person (without them having full understanding or any knowledge of it happening at all). These are the 1% of the population who control the world, if these people were to not be "evil" and hoard their money they could all create a new-age for the entire planet. Though a possession can only happen if someone "allowed" an external force ie. "God" or "The Devil" to "give them the strength to overcome..." this is what happens when you pray or alternatively "I wish for more money".

In science there is a law, which I admit I have no PhD in, that describes "The Laws of Conservation of Energy", this in itself is a perfect example of how the "spirit/soul" is created, it's life cycle, and how other energy effects eachother. Along with "Particle Wave Theory" which is more along the lines of "Thought Energy" which is our mental physical creation, as all thoughts enter our brain they release many kinds of energy both throughout your body and brain, ex. EEG. These together create "Dimensional Wave Theory" (I made that up as far as I know) which is the interaction of our body and mind with the environment around us. As our thoughts and energy created by our body interacts with the massive energy of the Earth we are better capable of interacting with the environment around us. On another note, I believe when we leave the planet we will no longer be able to have this "function" as our bodies/minds will no longer have the same amount of EM that would be created by the planet.

Quick Factoid:

Both the human body and mind and the frequency of the pulses emited from the center of our Earth run at the same Hrz. as our brains run through Delta-Beta Waves the planet and our bodies are "connected" via this "shared wavelength".