Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostly image causes a stir

Still Waters

If this is real then GREAT. If a gag...shame on the photographer. One of these days a way to capture "ghosts" on film will happen and there will be doubters and believers. But it will capture the interest of skeptics and fools alike.

Edited by Eneri

Do ghosts have a solid form,or can you see through them ?,this picture shows a figure with no feet so it must be standing in a dip in the ground beside the wall.good picture tho'.

I would have to say this is a fake. If you removed the nun from the photo the only thing you would have is that stonewall. Which I would think would make a lousy subject for taking that photograph, unless you were a stone mason.

Suggest looking at the full photo (5000x390 pel), and seeing just how far away and insignificant this object is in the entire frame

Edited by Oppono Astos

Just checked the photo wide view and thinking it's a ghost is just absolutely stupid. I reckon the photographer is just trying to get people to view his work. It's just a woman walking, maybe she has a dog. But nothing more than a normal person.

The tog has now posted the full image

Can you provide another link because I can't see the full image.

Can you provide another link because I can't see the full image.

I agree. Every time I try to zoom, it will for a couple seconds, then ads open up & is just goes back to small version. Thanks.

and it dosnt even look like a nun in the pic to me could be a salior from the castial whom was lost at see on an epic voyage to find his long lost love and was murderd, i completly made that up but u see what i mean

Zoom in and looking at the photos carefully my first impression is that the fur is flat (there is none in) and attached to the wall somehow and I suspect that that little head appearing above belongs to someone who is behind the wall , I could be wrong but I think is a fake

It must be my browser...I can not see this photo properly, so I am giving up on this one.

Here:

longwalkgalway.jpg

Have to download to zoom in though I'm afraid. The "woman" is at the far right.

It just looks like a person though, nothing there to suggest it's a ghost, the only reason I can think of why the photographer has said this is for free publicity.

I could understand if there wasn't supposed to be anyone walking there or something like that. But it's just a normal area in the day time.

Edited by Coffey

That could be anyone. If it real it would be creepy as hell but only the person who took the pic knows that. It does

nothing to prove ghost for me.

I don't get it. If I find something in a pic I took, that I did not notice before while taking the pic, does that make it a ghost?

When I am in the middle of framing a photo I am so oblivious to my surroundings. I would be finding ghosts in every shot.

And how do we really know she is a nun. There is no detail.

Here:

longwalkgalway.jpg

Have to download to zoom in though I'm afraid. The "woman" is at the far right.

It just looks like a person though, nothing there to suggest it's a ghost, the only reason I can think of why the photographer has said this is for free publicity.

I could understand if there wasn't supposed to be anyone walking there or something like that. But it's just a normal area in the day time.

Thanks Coffey. I can Finally see it now! Ahhh.... I know there are ghosts out there, just once.... wish that one of these photos could be a real ghost!

It's bizarre how willing people are to believe in a story like this. There are some naive people so easily susceptible to being suckered it makes me wonder if evolution is ever going to kill these people off.

Thanks Coffey. I can Finally see it now! Ahhh.... I know there are ghosts out there, just once.... wish that one of these photos could be a real ghost!

No problem. :)

I know, it annoys me how much rubbish we have to go through to try and find good pictures of anything paranormal. Doesn't help when someone makes a silly claim on a picture that is blatantly nothing abnormal. I really think the Photographer said it for publicity.

No problem. :)

I know, it annoys me how much rubbish we have to go through to try and find good pictures of anything paranormal. Doesn't help when someone makes a silly claim on a picture that is blatantly nothing abnormal. I really think the Photographer said it for publicity.

I blame the current economic situation. Desperate times and all that and people are not spending money on luxuries like art and so forth.

I know ... right? Can't seem to capture one silly ghost on one silly photo.... I am guilty as well... I lived in haunted house and caught nothing on film either! The thing is... if you have ever had a personal experience with a ghost, it might not be so important to capture it on film to prove to the world at large because *you* (in general) not you you... because you would know it to be true and once you know that truth, it becomes less and less of a show and tell. What do you think?

I blame the current economic situation. Desperate times and all that and people are not spending money on luxuries like art and so forth.

I know ... right? Can't seem to capture one silly ghost on one silly photo.... I am guilty as well... I lived in haunted house and caught nothing on film either! The thing is... if you have ever had a personal experience with a ghost, it might not be so important to capture it on film to prove to the world at large because *you* (in general) not you you... because you would know it to be true and once you know that truth, it becomes less and less of a show and tell. What do you think?

Completely agree with everything you said. I've heard noises and seen things out the corner of my eye, like shadows. But not sure what caused those things. I've never seen anything can't can't explained yet though, but I'm the kind of person who isn't scared of anything "physical" but paranormal stuff can really creep me out cause I don't feel as though I have any control over it. lol I rekcon that makes a lot of people skeptical. (I'm not syaing all people will be becuase of this reason) Sometimes ignorance is bliss and I don't blame people for that. lol

They'll always be doubt about the authenticity. It's not a Polariod picture that the photo was taken on; anything can be digitally enhanced now a days.

Just have to take the photographer's word that there's no foul play, but even if you knew them personally there's always the possibility they didn't notice this figure appear and swiftly move out of shot. It seems unlikely to be deliberate as surely they'd have made it a little more impressive/detailed?

Is it just me or is there nothing in the picture to suggest that it's a ghost? It just looks like a person wrapped in a heavy coat or cloak observing the water. And like others have said before me, maybe walking a dog or not.

I'm gonna give it a thumbs down.

since when ghost wears a coat in winter?

Well, if we believe it to be a ghost, it would be fair to think peoples bodies go very cold when they die.

So maybe the "ghost" is very cold ;)

I disagree.... I know it's there, seen a ghost with me own peepers, shown the world some of the greatest ghost pics ever taken.... (see my vids on an older thread)..... Bit I'll never rest!!! A 2 year ordeal with the unknown changed me 4 ever. Now I'm a "creep" who looks and snaps pics everywhere 4 a ghost....... Woman and ghosts!!! My ruination!!!