Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need advice about programs

Big Bad Voodoo

Does anyone knows some good program for editing cuting videos.

I have one big video and I need only part of it and I dont know how to do it...

Im using KM player and I have options for it but sound dont follow the frame if I do it that way.

Or is slowed.

Any advice for program?

Im using KM player and I have options for it but sound dont follow the frame if I do it that way.

Or is slowed.

Any advice for program?

Real cheap there is Microsoft Movie Maker (used to packaged with Windows XP). Jashaka comes to mind when speaking about free programs. Then there is the Pinnacle series (that has to be paid).

Or is slowed.

Any advice for program?

I think questionmark suggested quite a good program: Jahshaka, Not only can you easily use it to cut and trim clips but you can add effects, green screen, etc. Can be a little buggy at times but it's worth trying out.

Aye.. as has been touted, Windows Movie Maker. It's hidden away in Start>All Programs>Accessories in XP for some reason.

Sony Vegas is the best program around for editing videos. If you want the program I can PM a link to you.

At $599 a copy it better be good.

• Like 1

At $599 a copy it better be good.

Yes, that is true but, there is so many ways to get things for free on the internet. I assure you I would never pay that much for any program.

Yes, that is true but, there is so many ways to get things for free on the internet. I assure you I would never pay that much for any program.

Which is precisely how politicians come up with funny laws that restrict the internet for all.

Sony Vegas is using a hammer to crack a nut when there are so many free programs that you could use to accomplish your aims, is it not?

Sony Vegas is using a hammer to crack a nut when there are so many free programs that you could use to accomplish your aims, is it not?

Yeah definitely, not to mention overpriced.

I find open source is the way to go with software these days, especially considering the price that some of these companies charge for something you can get for free elsewhere.

Your best bet for finding a new video editor if you want to cut up clips is to type "open source video editor for windows" into google.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

WMMaker is kind a slow to cut/trim videos. It has been 5% on my coumputer for a 3o minutes. I cant find Jashaka:(

Wow, I hadn't heard about Jahshaka, sounds nifty, thanks for the info!

Jahshaka can be downloaded here, btw...

http://www.jahshaka.com/download/

And I recommend Windows Movie Maker for basic editing, it's easy to use and you might already have it on your machine. If not, here's a link for it...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-get-started

• 1 year later...

sony vegas is one of the best programs out their for any editing and special effects. I personally own sony vegas 12 which at its time was a $1200 program working deals and sales I picked it up for $200. To prove the programs worth it is used by almost all video game commenters on YouTube. One great example is levalcap. You can do similar work in other programs but to accomplish what you want you will need multiple programs and it will take a lot more time in editing. Sony vegas just makes everything simple and quick to use so you don't have to put in as many hours. And far as special effects it comes with over 200 free preset special effects that you can add to your video and adjust in seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

Old thread but have to say about video editing. I assume that @voodoo finished it with WMM, how long did it take in the end? :)

Faster editing of videos is important as video editing is a long and resource hungry thing. Applications that support hardware assisted video editing and many more other features give out quality results much faster then any alternative.

That is why there are expensive and free applications but in short, if u have one or 2 videos to edit in a long time u go with free software. If u plan to work and profit then u best go and buy one more expensive software and some monster gpu's :)