Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Rogan is awesome!

SereneScene

I have been a big Mixed Martial Arts fan since the days of pride and have grown to listen to Joe Rogan more and more over the years and I have to say I agree with a LOT of things he says, he just gets it and he seems like a great guy and he certainly is right about some of these things, Now warning he is a little crude and curses a lot but thats what I like too, he speaks his mind no matter what and isnt afraid to tell it like it is.

Joe Rogan On Martial Artists & Fighters

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SereneScene

• redhen

• Neognosis

• Its Mii

I like listening to his podcast... but keep in mind, it is what it is... which is a bunch of stoned guys talking about random stuff, and like a bunch of stoned guys, they are often WRONG and they state things as fact that are incorrect.

But it is pretty entertaining.

I like listening to his podcast... but keep in mind, it is what it is... which is a bunch of stoned guys talking about random stuff, and like a bunch of stoned guys, they are often WRONG and they state things as fact that are incorrect.

But it is pretty entertaining.

Oh for sure, he has his moments where he is wrong about things but I just like his overall attitude and outlook on life.

I'm not a big fan of Rogan, I actually found him quite annoying but few months back I watched a documentary that made me see him in a new light. I think it was made by him (not sure), he is the one narrating most of it. It was very interesting, it's a bit strange in the way it's filmed but very moving and deep nonetheless. It's called "Anima" it's about the psyche and spirituality and being human I suppose. Very cool.

You can watch it here. Anima.

I'm not a big fan of Rogan, I actually found him quite annoying but few months back I watched a documentary that made me see him in a new light. I think it was made by him (not sure), he is the one narrating most of it. It was very interesting, it's a bit strange in the way it's filmed but very moving and deep nonetheless. It's called "Anima" it's about the psyche and spirituality and being human I suppose. Very cool.

You can watch it here. Anima.

Cool I'll check it out, let you know what I think.

Rogan is a giant douche. He is like the least funniest comedian ever and he takes it out on others by being a jerk.

Rogan is a giant douche. He is like the least funniest comedian ever and he takes it out on others by being a jerk.

Care to explain?

Every generation has their roster of people who become famous by being sarcastic and mocking others. Sarcasm is said to be the lowest form of humour, but that's an aside.

In my generation we had George Carlin, Don Rickles, and I guess Howard Stern would fit too.

Everyone's entitled to their personal opinion, but that's not to say it's an informed opinion, or even less, an expert opinion.

If anyone ever hears me say that "Everything I learned in life, I learned from Lewis Black and Bill Maher", just shoot me.

Every generation has their roster of people who become famous by being sarcastic and mocking others. Sarcasm is said to be the lowest form of humour, but that's an aside.

In my generation we had George Carlin, Don Rickles, and I guess Howard Stern would fit too.

Everyone's entitled to their personal opinion, but that's not to say it's an informed opinion, or even less, an expert opinion.

If anyone ever hears me say that "Everything I learned in life, I learned from Lewis Black and Bill Maher", just shoot me.

Are you saying Joe mocks others? Im not saying Joe is some prophet but that I just respect his view on many things about life.

Are you saying Joe mocks others? Im not saying Joe is some prophet but that I just respect his view on many things about life.

Sure, plenty of comedians get easy laughs by making fun of others. My brother gave me a Rogan cd once and I played it in the car several times. Sure he's raunchy, that doesn't bother me.

What bugs me is the familiar tactic of mocking; Christians, rural folk, Republicans, pretty much anyone else who is not as cool or hip as Joe and his fans "in the know".

This is standard fare for comedy these days. They all seem to have a left-wing bent to their philosophy. I don't know many conservative comedians. Fox tried a conservative comedy program once, but it failed miserably. The only right-wing comedian I can name is Dennis Miller from SNL.

I don't think it's a case of "people who aren't a cool or hip as joe and his fans," I think he's mocking people who's ideas with which he doesn't agree. Which is what satirical comics do.

Ah, I see now. You're a conservative and you don't like when people satirize your ideas.

I don't know many conservative comedians.

All the "blue collar comedy" guys pander to your crowd. I can think of a few others too, like Nick DiPaolo.

Sure, plenty of comedians get easy laughs by making fun of others. My brother gave me a Rogan cd once and I played it in the car several times. Sure he's raunchy, that doesn't bother me.

What bugs me is the familiar tactic of mocking; Christians, rural folk, Republicans, pretty much anyone else who is not as cool or hip as Joe and his fans "in the know".

This is standard fare for comedy these days. They all seem to have a left-wing bent to their philosophy. I don't know many conservative comedians. Fox tried a conservative comedy program once, but it failed miserably. The only right-wing comedian I can name is Dennis Miller from SNL.

Joe Rogan is actually a Ron Paul supporter.

Joe Rogan is actually a Ron Paul supporter.

Oh ok, I'll stop with the negative vibes then, man. (love the avatar)

Yeah, I got off on an political tangent. Sorry.

Getting back to my original premise, that professional comedians should not be the gold standard in terms of philosophy, religion or science.

I stand by that. I watched the posted videos and it's clear that Joe doesn't know what religion is. It's clear that he doesn't understand science.

I think a Youtube respondent said it best;

"This xxx is not profound in the slightest, it's the sort of thing a closed minded person thinks about the first time they get stoned or take acid. Then after they comedown they realise they have never bothered to think before, BORING. Drugs can be great, but if you need them to conjure basic thought you are in trouble.

thegoldenarmkid "

Oh ok, I'll stop with the negative vibes then, man. (love the avatar)

Yeah, I got off on an political tangent. Sorry.

Getting back to my original premise, that professional comedians should not be the gold standard in terms of philosophy, religion or science.

I stand by that. I watched the posted videos and it's clear that Joe doesn't know what religion is. It's clear that he doesn't understand science.

I think a Youtube respondent said it best;

"This xxx is not profound in the slightest, it's the sort of thing a closed minded person thinks about the first time they get stoned or take acid. Then after they comedown they realise they have never bothered to think before, BORING. Drugs can be great, but if you need them to conjure basic thought you are in trouble.

thegoldenarmkid "

So you tell me what religion is, cause I certainly have my opinion on it and its not a nice one. Joe is not saying drugs will make you understand the secret to all life but when you take DMT you get a profound experience that can only be experienced by you yourself, what you may see or feel can very well change you, also it dosnt help that dmt is inside all of us and we use it every night, onviously we need it for "something", and its not like Joe acts like he knows it all, he is just a very curious individial just like the rest of us, he says all the time that we dont know much about ourselves and reality, if anything Joe sees the Ego as something that sets us back in many ways, you act as if he goes around acting like he knows it all and shoves his opinions down peoples throughts, so no you dont need to be a genius or smoke some psycadelic to think or understand what he says, its just that some people enjoy hearing him talk about these types of things and his ideals happen to fall in line with my way of thinking many times, and who said he is the gold standard in science, philoshpy or religion? He just has an opinion that people like and you dont, deal with it.

So you tell me what religion is, cause I certainly have my opinion on it and its not a nice one.

In the Joe Rogan on Religion video you posted, he starts off with a litany of bizarre customs found in Africa. That's not religion, that's tradition, he even calls it tradition, but then he equates that with ideology and religion. Joe is confused and all over the place, he needs to lay off the coke.

Joe is not saying drugs will make you understand the secret to all life but when you take DMT you get a profound experience that can only be experienced by you yourself, what you may see or feel can very well change you, also it dosnt help that dmt is inside all of us and we use it every night, onviously we need it for "something", and its not like Joe acts like he knows it all, he is just a very curious individial just like the rest of us, he says all the time that we dont know much about ourselves and reality, if anything Joe sees the Ego as something that sets us back in many ways, you act as if he goes around acting like he knows it all and shoves his opinions down peoples throughts, so no you dont need to be a genius or smoke some psycadelic to think or understand what he says, its just that some people enjoy hearing him talk about these types of things and his ideals happen to fall in line with my way of thinking many times, and who said he is the gold standard in science, philoshpy or religion? He just has an opinion that people like and you dont, deal with it.

Wow, that's the longest sentence I've ever read.

Right, he's just offering his personal, uninformed opinion. That's fine as long as you take it as such.

Opinions are the cheapest commodity on the planet, everybody has one.

Joe Rogan is not pro-Coccaine.

I think that before someone criticizes someone else choice of wording (tradition/religion) or knowledge, they should make sure they know what THEY are talking about.

A lot of "tradition" is infused with religion.

I "catch" Joe Rogan saying things that are not accurate in nearly every podcast, but I do enjoy listening and I do think he makes some very good points at times.

In the Joe Rogan on Religion video you posted, he starts off with a litany of bizarre customs found in Africa. That's not religion, that's tradition, he even calls it tradition, but then he equates that with ideology and religion. Joe is confused and all over the place, he needs to lay off the coke.

Wow, that's the longest sentence I've ever read.

Right, he's just offering his personal, uninformed opinion. That's fine as long as you take it as such.

Opinions are the cheapest commodity on the planet, everybody has one.

Ok so nitpick one thing and ignore everything else he says in which he has valid points. Also you say lay off the coke? Joe has never supported coke, heroin and drugs of that manner, so please inform yourself before saying such things, after all that IS what we are discussing here right? Informed opinions. And nice shot at my grammer, I am typing on an iPhone so I am typing fast and its hard to edit.