Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Aliens: Facts and Fiction

kmt_sesh

this is what im talking about right here. you just choose not to see it. people have been blind. I don't have time to find and quote every alien encounter in the bible.

john 18:36 Jesus stats ''My kingdom is not of this world.'' This suggest that he was a king on a another world. Then he goes on to talk about his servants and how, if they where on planet earth they would come and rescue him. In the book of Exodus Moses was taken into space and saw that the earth was round. This is a document of an account that was written way before we discovered the earth was round. The scribes who composed the bible, like you and I knew nothing of aliens, they just described the ancient phenomenons the best they could. They describe all super natural events as the glory of God. When Jesus says I am not of this world. I bet the original scribes did not even once think, ''oo hey Jesus was from another planet''..... that thought did not compute with them much like people today. the evidence is there you just gotta be open minded enough to say hey if i had no preconceived idea of what an alien even was, then saw one come from heaven how would I describe it. :no:

You are seeing what you want to see.

Everyone did not think the world was flat. It was known to be round much earlier than 2000 years ago.

You sound just like Stephen Hawking. In that he thinks that we would have to be smarter than any other intelligent life out there. this type of thinking is ignorant.

The human race is young, and or progress is constantly interrupted by ice ages and world wide floods. When it comes to knowing are distant surroundings were pretty dumb. :wacko:

Not all of us are dumb :mellow:

We are smart enough to know that there is not any evidence that aliens have been helping us stack rocks.

You are seeing what you want to see.

Everyone did not think the world was flat. It was known to be round much earlier than 2000 years ago.

In fact, it was very well known when the church elevated the flat earth to dogma. It just did not fit a certain Albert von Bollstadt's (now better known as Saint Albert the Great) ideal of the world. With a round heliocentric system Astrology does not jive well.

You sound just like Stephen Hawking. In that he thinks that we would have to be smarter than any other intelligent life out there. this type of thinking is ignorant.

The human race is young, and or progress is constantly interrupted by ice ages and world wide floods. When it comes to knowing are distant surroundings were pretty dumb. :wacko:

How can you call anyone ignorant , .

Can you prove that there are older races of self aware inteligent beings anywhere ? Ofcourse you cant.

You call someone ignorant , then post this comment

"but i find alot of evidence in the bible. that suggest alien intervention. some of witch i theorize might actually tell us where ''heaven'' or this alien planet is."

In fact, it was very well known when the church elevated the flat earth to dogma. It just did not fit a certain Albert von Bollstadt's (now better known as Saint Albert the Great) ideal of the world. With a round heliocentric system Astrology does not jive well.

Only in Eurpoe

Arabic and islamic mathematicians knew it was round ,

I have been following Ancient Aliens theory for along time, I remember watching Chariot of the gods when I was very young, though I didn't consider alot of it based on true facts or science. I have not changed that opinion completely. I do believe life is out there, and I believe in rational ways that they are more advanced than us, it doesn't take a genius to see that in past 200 years we have jumped far into the technology tree than we had for thousands of years.

I am not giving this development created to Aliens, What I am saying is this, an alien race being even just 300 yrs head start on the computer age than us, would make them still very far advanced than us. So our own history is what gives me the idea that life exists elsewhere.

Have they visited us? I don't know, I see merit to SOME theories, not all of them. Maybe a ship crashed here and had contact with some ancient humans? maybe they(humans) built structures to mimic what they saw, I don't see why Aliens would teach primitive humans how to built rock structures, seems almost pointless, only reasoning I can see for it is to cause the vary debate we are having for the future. Though even that is far fetched, I am curious on how humans managed to do the things they did, but alien intervention? unsure.

this is what im talking about right here. you just choose not to see it. people have been blind. I don't have time to find and quote every alien encounter in the bible.

john 18:36 Jesus stats ''My kingdom is not of this world.'' This suggest that he was a king on a another world. Then he goes on to talk about his servants and how, if they where on planet earth they would come and rescue him. In the book of Exodus Moses was taken into space and saw that the earth was round. This is a document of an account that was written way before we discovered the earth was round. The scribes who composed the bible, like you and I knew nothing of aliens, they just described the ancient phenomenons the best they could. They describe all super natural events as the glory of God. When Jesus says I am not of this world. I bet the original scribes did not even once think, ''oo hey Jesus was from another planet''..... that thought did not compute with them much like people today. the evidence is there you just gotta be open minded enough to say hey if i had no preconceived idea of what an alien even was, then saw one come from heaven how would I describe it. :no:

I'm not "choosing" anything. I let the evidence point me in the right direction. It's a mistake to force the evidence to fit a theme. In the same light, it's a mistake to stretch the evidence beyond its limits. Both lead to false conclusions.

The Bible is very clear that Jesus was a mortal man, and at the same time something much more than mortal. He was borne of a mortal woman, although through the act of God. When you study the mythologies of the ancient Near East and the wider Mediterranean world, from Egypt to Greece, you find that this was a common theme. Nothing whatsoever in these mythologies, however, states that the product of such a union was between a mortal woman and a visitor from an alien world somewhere else in the cosmos. It is a union between woman and deity, plain and simple. The obvious mistake for alien "theorists" is that the deity must be a space alien. This is of course absurd. Ancient scribes meant no such thing. It was vital that the impregnating force be a god, thereby imbuing the product of the union with divinity. Jesus is a perfect example. I'd wager that the original writers of the Gospels would be nonplussed and probably quite offended were someone to tell them that they meant Jesus was part space alien.

I use the above as an example only because alien theorists so often misrepresent such basic aspects of ancient mythology. However, your own passage from John is a very good example. In full, Jesus states in John 18:36:

My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place.

So automatically, you're claiming that "not of this world" must mean an alien planet. This passage comes from when Jesus stands in trial before Pilate, and we would have to believe, then, that Jesus was describing himself before this Roman as a space alien. Yet in countless other places in the New Testament, Jesus is clear in stating what this kingdom actually is, and he specifically uses the phrase "kingdom of heaven" (see the parables in Matthew 13, as just one example of a great many). It is clear when we examine this from the rational and logical perspective of Jesus and his followers that his usage of "kingdom of heaven" is meant to describe his divine relationship with Yahweh and how this divine kingdom is something apart from mortal man. In other words, it is something indescribably greater than even the greatest kingdom of mankind, which in that day was of course Rome: Rome plays second-fiddle (and very distantly so) to the kingdom that awaits the followers of Jesus. This is what kingdom means to Christianity.

I realize I'm almost starting to sound like a preacher. That is not my intent. I am only defending the creators and authors of Christianity on their own terms. This whole game people play with finding aliens over every shoulder is quite modern: there is no suggestion of it before the likes of Erich von Däniken came along. No ancient writer penned a work describing how aliens from other worlds came to earth. Alien theorists would have us all believe that ancient man was too moronic to understand things. Ancient man was too dimwitted to use religion for any purpose other than to explain space aliens who were visiting us back then. Nonsense. Ancient man was every bit as intelligent as we are.

I have no idea where you're getting that stuff about Moses, Mr. Nickell. How much is actually penned in the Hebrew Bible, and how much are you extrapolating above and beyond what the Hebrew Bible records? I would suggest turning off Ancient Aliens for good now. I don't even know if it's Ancient Aliens itself from which you're getting these ideas, but whether you realize it or not, all of these ideas are coming from the likes of Erich von Däniken and the late Zecharia Sitchin, so in the end it's the same faulty source. I can guarantee you that.

One thing I have always wondered is if aliens came and taught the ancients how to do amazing things like build the pyramids, blahdy, blahdy, blah - if they came and taught us so much, what happened to all that knowledge? I mean, they must not have done a very good job of instilling us with so much precious knowledge - because it took us quite a long freaking time to get where we are.

So whats up with that? Were the egyptians too stupid to retain and do anything with the knowledge they gained? Were they only interested in lunch and recess? Why didn't the aliens teach us something other than pyramid building? Kind of a narrow skill set don't you think?

Did the aliens get a pat on the back when they returned home? I'd have been p***ed if I were the underwriters of that little experiment, honestly. "What? You traveled across the universe, taking up untold resources, and you taught them to do what? Make pyramids?" Somebody's ass should have been in the grinder for that, I think. What about teaching us that war and pestilence and greed are crappy ways to run a planet? What about altering our DNA so we aren't so inherently screwed up and selfish as a species?

If aliens came and visited us, they did a crappy job of it. I want my money back.

One thing I have always wondered is if aliens came and taught the ancients how to do amazing things like build the pyramids, blahdy, blahdy, blah - if they came and taught us so much, what happened to all that knowledge? I mean, they must not have done a very good job of instilling us with so much precious knowledge - because it took us quite a long freaking time to get where we are.

So whats up with that? Were the egyptians too stupid to retain and do anything with the knowledge they gained? Were they only interested in lunch and recess? Why didn't the aliens teach us something other than pyramid building? Kind of a narrow skill set don't you think?

Did the aliens get a pat on the back when they returned home? I'd have been p***ed if I were the underwriters of that little experiment, honestly. "What? You traveled across the universe, taking up untold resources, and you taught them to do what? Make pyramids?" Somebody's ass should have been in the grinder for that, I think. What about teaching us that war and pestilence and greed are crappy ways to run a planet? What about altering our DNA so we aren't so inherently screwed up and selfish as a species?

If aliens came and visited us, they did a crappy job of it. I want my money back.

They took it with them, after all they got the taters (don't laugh, that is what the aliens come to earth for according to a Spanish Ufologist), so why would they leave the goodies to some primitives? :devil:

well i take it your not a religious man but i find alot of evidence in the bible. that suggest alien intervention. some of witch i theorize might actually tell us where ''heaven'' or this alien planet is. But until people are willing to look at all plausible theory's, and study them to find out. The human race will still be the definition ignorance. It took Edison over 10,000 attempts before he perfected the light bulb. Im not going to come up with 10,000 differnt theorys about aliens, cause I know that until one comes down here and asks you if he can bum a smoke, youll never believe. :hmm:

People are more than willing to look at a plausible theory, they are just waiting for one to appear.

Most of what people would consider advancements happened after the last Ice Age and were not interrupted by it. There is also no evidence of even a single world wide flood so none of our progress was ever stymied by a non existent event.

Nothing of what you have posted points to Jesus or any other characters or beings in the bible being aliens. You are the one assuming it is so with no evidence to support it. Erowin made a good point earlier about the length of time it would take to reach the earth from another world. I will add to that the following: If only 1% of the 300 billion star systems in our galaxy can support life you have 3 billion systems to choose from to explore. That shows how small the chance would be for aliens to choose our system over others to visit.

How can you call anyone ignorant , .

Can you prove that there are older races of self aware inteligent beings anywhere ? Ofcourse you cant.

You call someone ignorant , then post this comment

"but i find alot of evidence in the bible. that suggest alien intervention. some of witch i theorize might actually tell us where ''heaven'' or this alien planet is."

Sorry I said the human race was ignorant. But if there is an planet out there with intelligent life on it. Whats wrong with knowing where its at? I dont get it?? :( Edited by The optimist Mr. Nickell

Nothing of what you have posted points to Jesus or any other characters or beings in the bible being aliens. You are the one assuming it is so with no evidence to support it. Erowin made a good point earlier about the length of time it would take to reach the earth from another world. I will add to that the following: If only 1% of the 300 billion star systems in our galaxy can support life you have 3 billion systems to choose from to explore. That shows how small the chance would be for aliens to choose our system over others to visit.

Ok soooo im going to go into a trance now and let the ghost of moses tell you what really went down.......... O yea man I remember the day god took me to his planet. It took twenty days to get there and twenty days to get back. I got to see what it was like to travel at light speed. Pretty awsome dudes it was like time stood still. It sucks forty years had past on earth. all those pepole eaten manna back at the mountain. a bunch of my friends had died while i was gone. :cry: and every one thought i was 120 when i died.... don't tell anyone but i was only like 80. you party with god for forty days and see how ****ed up your **** gets! :angry: ......... im back now. jesus christ!!! moses!!! wow man moses is p***ed! it sounds like a good time tho. did we prove that a fact?? that one day at light speed is one year earths time. or is that a theroy still??...??? im not sure? im getting my bible out now to make shur moses isnt feeding us a bunch of horse ****... 10mins later. i dont know guys all the numers are there??? did moses travle at light speed for forty days? is heaven twenty light years away? :wacko: to much to think about im going to bed.

Ok soooo im going to go into a trance now and let the ghost of moses tell you what really went down.......... O yea man I remember the day god took me to his planet. It took twenty days to get there and twenty days to get back. I got to see what it was like to travel at light speed. Pretty awsome dudes it was like time stood still. It sucks forty years had past on earth. all those pepole eaten manna back at the mountain. a bunch of my friends had died while i was gone. :cry: and every one thought i was 120 when i died.... don't tell anyone but i was only like 80. you party with god for forty days and see how ****ed up your **** gets! :angry: ......... im back now. jesus christ!!! moses!!! wow!! man moses is p***ed! it sounds like a good time tho. did we prove that a fact?? that one day at light speed is one year earths time. or is that a theroy still??...??? im not sure? im getting my bible out now to make shur moses isnt feeding us a bunch of horse ****... 10mins later. i dont know guys all the numers are there??? did moses travle at light speed for forty days? is heaven twenty light years away? :wacko: to much to think about im going to bed.

Ok soooo im going to go into a trance now and let the ghost of moses tell you what really went down.......... O yea man I remember the day god took me to his planet. It took twenty days to get there and twenty days to get back. I got to see what it was like to travel at light speed. Pretty awsome dudes it was like time stood still. It sucks forty years had past on earth. all those pepole eaten manna back at the mountain. a bunch of my friends had died while i was gone. :cry: and every one thought i was 120 when i died.... don't tell anyone but i was only like 80. you party with god for forty days and see how ****ed up your **** gets! :angry: ......... im back now. jesus christ!!! moses!!! wow man moses is p***ed! it sounds like a good time tho. did we prove that a fact?? that one day at light speed is one year earths time. or is that a theroy still??...??? im not sure? im getting my bible out now to make shur moses isnt feeding us a bunch of horse ****... 10mins later. i dont know guys all the numers are there??? did moses travle at light speed for forty days? is heaven twenty light years away? :wacko: to much to think about im going to bed.

I was like WTF??

Be coherent.

Could you explain in proper English exactly what did you mean by that above post and whether you were on some high when you typed that stuff?

I was like WTF??

Be coherent.

Could you explain in proper English exactly what did you mean by that above post and whether you were on some high when you typed that stuff?

Good. I thought it was just me. :w00t:

yea 100% lost now...

WTH is up with that?

First let me say that research should be your best friend. From what I have found it seems that the speed of light has 1:20 ratio. That means that 1 year traveling near the speed of light would equal 20 years on Earth. so if you traveled for 1 day near the speed of light, 20 days would have passed on earth. Using your example of Moses traveling out and back, 20 days each way for a total of 40 days near the speed of light, 1 year 235 days would have passed on Earth.

a trip of 20 light years would take 20 years for the person traveling near the speed of light. The trip you mention in your post would be 20 light days in each direction not light years. It would have taken Moses 8.8 years (his time)round trip to reach our nearest star neighbor Alpha Centauri and if he were making a 40 light year round trip, 1600 years would have passed and he would have arrived back after the birth of Jesus.

The problem i have with Aliens is Civilisation it's self.For a Civilisation to technically evolve to a stage whereby they can travel between the stars is actually getting to that point.There are so many reasons to prevent a Civilisation evolving that life may be prolific in the universe but there maybe very few Civilisations (if any) capable of travelling through interstellar space.

If you take us Humans as an example,we are going to have to survive thousands of years from now with all the space born and Earth born disasters around us.A big ask as far as i'm concerned and a big slice of luck involved.

The problem i have with Aliens is Civilisation it's self.For a Civilisation to technically evolve to a stage whereby they can travel between the stars is actually getting to that point.There are so many reasons to prevent a Civilisation evolving that life may be prolific in the universe but there maybe very few Civilisations (if any) capable of travelling through interstellar space.

If you take us Humans as an example,we are going to have to survive thousands of years from now with all the space born and Earth born disasters around us.A big ask as far as i'm concerned and a big slice of luck involved.

I tend to doubt that it is a question of luck. As all previous decimating of humanity has shown, shortly after an disaster there might be less but not less sapient humans. The level of technological achievement (unless limited to a certain geographical area) remains.

What I can't conceive is that there should be a civilization 20-30 kiloyears more advanced than ours. After all, the same physical, chemical and biological processes that apply for us apply for them (even if the optical end result is much different). No matter what part of human evolution you try to abridge: the result would not be a civilization.

I was like WTF??

Be coherent.

Im not explaining any more im not a very good teacher. I your just goinf to have to do the math your self. :unsure2:

I was like WTF??

Be coherent.

Good. I thought it was just me. :w00t:

First let me say that research should be your best friend. From what I have found it seems that the speed of light has ...

blah blah blah blah

... if he were making a 40 light year round trip, 1600 years would have passed and he would have arrived back after the birth of Jesus.

What I can't conceive is that there should be a civilization 20-30 kiloyears more advanced than ours. After all, the same physical, chemical and biological processes that apply for us apply for them (even if the optical end result is much different). No matter what part of human evolution you try to abridge: the result would not be a civilization.

seems all of you have missed something.

Edited by tomt

First let me say that research should be your best friend. From what I have found it seems that the speed of light has 1:20 ratio. That means that 1 year traveling near the speed of light would equal 20 years on Earth. so if you traveled for 1 day near the speed of light, 20 days would have passed on earth. Using your example of Moses traveling out and back, 20 days each way for a total of 40 days near the speed of light, 1 year 235 days would have passed on Earth.

a trip of 20 light years would take 20 years for the person traveling near the speed of light. The trip you mention in your post would be 20 light days in each direction not light years. It would have taken Moses 8.8 years (his time)round trip to reach our nearest star neighbor Alpha Centauri and if he were making a 40 light year round trip, 1600 years would have passed and he would have arrived back after the birth of Jesus.

I guess no one knows for shur how slow time will go. Stephen Hawking has a much differnt opininon than you. ''20 days each way for a total of 40 days near the speed of light, 1 year 235 days would have passed on Earth.'' who did the math on this? :huh:

seems all of you have missed something.

So what was I missing Tom?