Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Since Hitler was a Christian, was he forgiven

Sakari

Hitler was a Christian.......With this, it should mean Jesus died on the cross for his sins also, and he was forgiven......

So, he is in Heaven having a good time I guess.

Not asking for a debate, just something I was thinking about today while reading some history.

Yes he was forgiven as long as he asked for forgiveness. Unfortunately those are the 'rules'.

He was catholic and committed suicide, which I believe they see as a sin. I think they think it puts you in purgatory according to catholic doctrine.

Of course you're going to have people that come in and say he was raised catholic but turned away from it, etc, which is clearly not true according to his speeches, writings, etc.

I just don't think they want to claim him as one of their own (obviously).

If he was a declared Christian I guess I cannot argue with his beliefs but I would make the argument that he was not a Christian because when he was doing all of those things he was not worried about whether or not God was watching...

Hitler was involved heavily in the occult. What he professed to be and who he was were most likely two different things. But on whether heaven or hell for his final destination, only God knows.

Keven

• Like 1

He was catholic and committed suicide, which I believe they see as a sin. I think they think it puts you in purgatory according to catholic doctrine.

Of course you're going to have people that come in and say he was raised catholic but turned away from it, etc, which is clearly not true according to his speeches, writings, etc.

I just don't think they want to claim him as one of their own (obviously).

If he was a declared Christian I guess I cannot argue with his beliefs but I would make the argument that he was not a Christian because when he was doing all of those things he was not worried about whether or not God was watching...

Hitler was involved heavily in the occult. What he professed to be and who he was were most likely two different things. But on whether heaven or hell for his final destination, only God knows.

Keven

I new no hardly any one would just be honest, and say yes....... ( TY Bulveye for being honest )

Uhm, this is his quote.....He was a Christian, like it or not.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.

Adolf Hitler

Edited by Sakari

He was also a vegitarian,which was highly unusual for the time,unless you did it for religious reasons.

He also loved his dogs.

He was a bad guy,who took good care of himself,and probably mentally absolved himself for any "sins",because he was doing it for his own personal greater good.

You're never forgiven for so many infractions in my opinion.

He's probably been reincarnated into an endless ,hellish life.

You go God.

I new no hardly any one would just be honest, and say yes....... ( TY Bulveye for being honest )

He was totally religious, that is beyond debate.

“I am now, as before, a Catholic and will always remain so.” -Hitler to Nazi General Gerhard Engel.

So If he was catholic, he goes to hell for suicide. If he was christian (protestant or whatever) then I guess he could be forgiven and go to heaven.

None of it makes any sense anyway....

He was also a vegitarian,which was highly unusual for the time,unless you did it for religious reasons.

He also loved his dogs.

He was a bad guy,who took good care of himself,and probably mentally absolved himself for any "sins",because he was doing it for his own personal greater good.

You're never forgiven for so many infractions in my opinion.

He's probably been reincarnated into an endless ,hellish life.

You go God.

I am asking people who follow Christianity......BY the Bible, and the way Christians are told, he should have been forgiven......

As said, not looking for a debate, I was hoping people would be honest here......

There is no picking and choosing, it should be in black and white.

You want an honest opinion? The God of the Christian faith does not exist. This does not mean a god does not exist, but if it does, it is not the Christian God. So no, I guess he was not forgiven since there is no God to forgive him.

Edited by HuttonEtAl

He was totally religious, that is beyond debate.

"I am now, as before, a Catholic and will always remain so." -Hitler to Nazi General Gerhard Engel.

So If he was catholic, he goes to hell for suicide. If he was christian (protestant or whatever) then I guess he could be forgiven and go to heaven.

None of it makes any sense anyway....

Maybe he was on to something......Christian and Catholic.....Maybe we should just be every religion, cover all the bases...... :tu:

Thanks for the reply, I think the same thing, and am hoping some true Christians will chime in on this.

You want an honest opinion? The God of the Christian faith does not exist. This does not mean a god does not exist, but if it does, it is not the Christian God. So no, I guess he was not forgiven since there is no God to forgive him.

Man, oh man.....

I do not want a opinion. ( not sure I posted that, I hope not ).......I want Christians to answer this......What were you taught as a Christian.

Black and White.....Forgiveness to sins, especially if you are a Christian.

NO, I want the original question answered.......Was Hitler forgiven?

Edited by Sakari

Maybe he was on to something......Christian and Catholic.....Maybe we should just be every religion, cover all the bases...... :tu:

Thanks for the reply, I think the same thing, and am hoping some true Christians will chime in on this.

We can be christibuddjewlamihindstolic!

I think that means we can't do anything fun.......

I'm done, now. Good luck getting any direct answers.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Hitler was not a Christian. The Nazis murdered about 7 million Christians in an effort to eliminate the religion, they constantly denounced it as a degenerate offshoot of the hated Jews. The reason they exalted Wagner's music was that it was based on pre-Christain pagan myths. They scheduled their rallies on Sundays to keep people away from going to churh. They murdered 40,000+ Christain clergy. The Nazi party had a rule: no Christain was admitted, former Christains had to denounce it. Also: it is not a normal Christain teaching that Christ's death on the cross means every Christain goes to Heaven.

Hitler was a Christian.......With this, it should mean Jesus died on the cross for his sins also, and he was forgiven......

So, he is in Heaven having a good time I guess.

Not asking for a debate, just something I was thinking about today while reading some history.

As if in posting this you were not asking for a debate? It is like making a huge inflammatory statement and then saying, "just joking".

If you will look in the bible, there is no sin greater than another. All sins are equal and can be forgiven. The key to it is asking for forgiveness. There are many that claim to be Christians just as there are many that claim to have seen UFOs. Do we believe them all? Probably not. In the case of most Christians, we look at the life they live and how they conduct themselves.

If Hitler sincerely asked for forgiveness of his sins and admitted he was a sinner, then yes he is in Heaven. If he did not, he is not. Based on the life he lived and his own ego, I think we can safely say that he never lived a Christian life and that his own ego would prevent him from admitting that he was a sinner.

But hey, just my opinion, not asking for a debate. :innocent:

• Like 2

Man, oh man.....

I do not want a opinion. ( not sure I posted that, I hope not ).......I want Christians to answer this......What were you taught as a Christian.

I doubt that he has been forgiven, he may have had absolution of his sins before committing suicide but if he willingly took his own life (except under certain situations) he will of died in mortal sin according to the Catholic faith. God only knows where he is.

Edited by Star of the Sea

As if in posting this you were not asking for a debate? It is like making a huge inflammatory statement and then saying, "just joking".

If you will look in the bible, there is no sin greater than another. All sins are equal and can be forgiven. The key to it is asking for forgiveness. There are many that claim to be Christians just as there are many that claim to have seen UFOs. Do we believe them all? Probably not. In the case of most Christians, we look at the life they live and how they conduct themselves.

If Hitler sincerely asked for forgiveness of his sins and admitted he was a sinner, then yes he is in Heaven. If he did not, he is not. Based on the life he lived and his own ego, I think we can safely say that he never lived a Christian life and that his own ego would prevent him from admitting that he was a sinner.

But hey, just my opinion, not asking for a debate. :innocent:

Nope, not debating a thing ( I won't )......Just as I posted ,I was curious what people are going to say, especially Christians.

Thank you for your reply, and for not changing things up in that religion to change the rules to ones liking..... :)

( the answer you gave )

Man, oh man.....

Seriously though, what kind of question is this? Is this just to point and laugh at Christians and say "ha ha according to you Hitler went to heaven!?"

I was raised Christian and I was taught that everyone is forgiven. This was one of the points that made me question Christianity early on. What is your point in asking this question?

Seriously though, what kind of question is this? Is this just to point and laugh at Christians and say "ha ha according to you Hitler went to heaven!?"

I was raised Christian and I was taught that everyone is forgiven. This was one of the points that made me question Christianity early on. What is your point in asking this question?

Calm down dude.....Maybe you forgot my 3rd sentence on the first post?

Your assumptions on your first sentence, you said it not me.

Thank you for your answer also, appreciate it. ( On the original question )

Calm down dude.....Maybe you forgot my 3rd sentence on the first post?

Your assumptions on your first sentence, you said it not me.

Thank you for your answer also, appreciate it. ( On the original question )

I am calm and I read your post. I was responding to when you said "I new no hardly any one would just be honest, and say yes....... ( TY Bulveye for being honest )"

I don't mean to rip on your grammar but I took this to say "I knew hardly anyone would just be honest."

You ask a question, get an answer, and then claim people are not being honest.

Your question may be a totally innocent question but you have to be careful what kind of questions you ask and how you frame them. I study the New Atheist movement and they typically ask questions like this, where there is no acceptable answer that does not contradict their beliefs. They try and ask it in an innocent way so it does not appear they are trying to argue when in fact they are. I do not want to assume you are doing that but if you are not you may want to think about possible responses before asking a question.

I am calm and I read your post. I was responding to when you said "I new no hardly any one would just be honest, and say yes....... ( TY Bulveye for being honest )"

I don't mean to rip on your grammar but I took this to say "I knew hardly anyone would just be honest."

You ask a question, get an answer, and then claim people are not being honest.

Your question may be a totally innocent question but you have to be careful what kind of questions you ask and how you frame them. I study the New Atheist movement and they typically ask questions like this, where there is no acceptable answer that does not contradict their beliefs. They try and ask it in an innocent way so it does not appear they are trying to argue when in fact they are. I do not want to assume you are doing that but if you are not you may want to think about possible responses before asking a question.

Not a atheist here...... Also, not taking the bait :)

Seriously just curious on the responses is all.

As for honest, I mean answer the question as Christianity is teaching it....Not a opinion.

Crap, you just got a nibble.

"Man looks on the outside and God looks at the heart" So if God was satisfied with Hitler's saved heart then yes, he is saved. But I wonder what God saw in his heart? Like Ted Bundy's interview with James Dobson. We don't know because we can't see what God sees. They may both be on fire right now. And as there are levels of hell they may be exactly where they deserve in hell.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Not a atheist here...... Also, not taking the bait :)

Seriously just curious on the responses is all.

As for honest, I mean answer the question as Christianity is teaching it....Not a opinion.

Crap, you just got a nibble.

Well the term "Christianity" is very vague. That is as vague as saying "white people." Many different people will have many different beliefs (based on the teachings at their church.) I was personally raise Protestant Lutheran and I was taught (though I was young) that everyone is forgiven.

Interesting that several replies say he'd have got to heaven by repenting, but has ultimately sinned by committing suicide.

So, you can be one of the worst mass murderers, but if you say "sorry', that's OK. But kill yourself and your eternally damned.

God does indeed move in mysterious (and in incomprehensible) ways.

• Like 1

He also loved his dogs.

Well, at least attempted to take good care of himself. The nutty doctor he had who pumped him with his daily well-being drugs put some nasty stuff into his veins (amphetamines and other various weird things).

But yeah, I don't see when he would repent, if what he felt he was doing was good and right.