Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts

docyabut2

Asked and answered. You don't believe they hang around because they don't. The non-human demons are figments of over active imaginations.

I often wonder about members such as yourself, who have roughly one post per year, and dedicate that post to communicating something of rational value... And I ask myself, "Why don't these people with obvious common sense contribute their points of view more often?"

And then I typically get distracted by other things and members like you continue lurking without vocalizing this kind of wisdom for whatever reason(s)... But then another one jumps in from out of the woodwork to offer a much needed voice of reason with their annual post as well.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you. And I look forward to seeing you again next year. :tu:

Or who knows? Maybe sooner? I can only hope...

Cheers

Edit: So much for just one post per year... you've had at least 3 this very day. Please don't stop.

Edited by booNyzarC

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docyabut2

• kitone1

• booNyzarC

• _Only

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is the frist sign what do you think, just coincidences?

The night before my 89 year old Dad died, my Son asked him to give us a sign when he passes. Those two were always playing jokes on each other.A week later we had a memorial service in his back yard with tents and one tent had this picture of him smileing with flowers all around and a vidio of his life.Right in the middle of the service this big storm came and blew all the tents down, but the one that had his picture not even the flowers blew away.A tree fell on my Son`s truck park in front and crush it:0 The three local news stations came out and took pictures.They took a picture of my Dad and blew it up the size of the whole screen on all three stations reports that night on the news of the incident.

I could`nt get over it so much as the storm as maybe a sigh,but Son sure did:):) but in seeing my Dad smileing and like laughing at us on all three television stations:):) We added the footage to his life`s vidio tape and titled it, JA JA`s sigh.

Jees..your dads a one...he could have given a better sign than crushing your sons truck....maybe it was just a natural weather event and nothing ghostly...

Asked and answered. You don't believe they hang around because they don't. The non-human demons are figments of over active imaginations.

I did say it hard to believe spirits would hang around for hundreds of years.However I do feel my Dad and others did for a while to give me those signs.

Jees..your dads a one...he could have given a better sign than crushing your sons truck....maybe it was just a natural weather event and nothing ghostly...

I guess the point is why did these signs happen that were asked for?.After my Son wanted the frist sign, I personally asked for the next two signs and told no one, but they happen right after I had asked for them. To light up a little tiny cystal tree with no batteries? The little tree I put on my dining room table every year and when I clear the table from dinner I put it away, but that Christmas night I sat it on the hutch next to the Avi clock. That night before I fell a sleep when I asked for the sign I thought it would be totaly impossiable to really light up that tree with no batteries. This is the truth, when I got up to get my coffee in the kitchen never thinking what I had asked for I notice something flashing behind me, there was that little tree sparkling! The light from the window was hitting the spinning Avi clock that was hitting the tree making it sparkle. but the point is that it did happen! Just like the coins in the shoes I had asked for, maybe someone dropped them, but there was no one in the house but me and hubby, but the point is it did happen right after I had asked for that sign. I`m still trying to figure that one out:0) I`m truely a skeptic and I not saying the signs didn`t happen naturally, but dang they did happen just as I had asked for them :):)

I guess the point is why did these signs happen that were asked for?.After my Son wanted the frist sign, I personally asked for the next two signs and told no one, but they happen right after I had asked for them. To light up a little tiny cystal tree with no batteries? The little tree I put on my dining room table every year and when I clear the table from dinner I put it away, but that Christmas night I sat it on the hutch next to the Avi clock. That night before I fell a sleep when I asked for the sign I thought it would be totaly impossiable to really light up that tree with no batteries. This is the truth, when I got up to get my coffee in the kitchen never thinking what I had asked for I notice something flashing behind me, there was that little tree sparkling! The light from the window was hitting the spinning Avi clock that was hitting the tree making it sparkle. but the point is that it did happen! Just like the coins in the shoes I had asked for, maybe someone dropped them, but there was no one in the house but me and hubby, but the point is it did happen right after I had asked for that sign. I`m still trying to figure that one out:0) I`m truely a skeptic and I not saying the signs didn`t happen naturally, but dang they did happen just as I had asked for them :):)

Hey you never know....nobody does...I wasnt being a smart @rse by the way and i apologise if i came across that way..:yes: ..it was that one point that just jumped out at me.......a little shove would have been a lot better and a heck of a lot cheaper for your son.....:) .

Edited by BrianPotter

My views and beliefs are constantly evolving as I absorb new information. A year ago I would have been on the other side of the fence honestly. And truth be told I came to UM a believer in paranormal things. If anything UM showed me that all the things I had previously considered to be proof of the paranormal could easily be explained, and that realization upped the bar for what I consider to be evidence. Thus my skepticism was born.

Someday maybe evidence will be gathered and studied and some of the things i am skeptical of will be proven to exist. I'll happily change my mind. I miss believing in paranormal things. The world is a more fun place when its full of real ghosts and bigfoots and mokele mbembes. :)

I'm not a skeptic because I like p***ing people off. I don't even like conflict. I just have a requirement for evidence and data that didn't exist in me before I came to this site. So in reality, all you believers around here created a skeptic. ;)

pathetic lol .. just admit it people like you just cant accept the truth .

evidence and proof? there's alot of it .. 2 bad you cant see the differences between real images ,videos. of ghost ... and photoshop material . ..

in the eyes of a skeptic .. everything is fake .

even 100 % proof of a ghostly picture couldnt possible convince a skeptic. its better to talk to a wall ..

seriuosly . tell me . can you handle the truth?

evidence and proof? there's alot of it .. 2 bad you cant see the differences between real images ,videos. of ghost ... and photoshop material . ..

even 100 % proof of a ghostly picture couldnt possible convince a skeptic. its better to talk to a wall ..

I trust that you can produce some of this proof you are talking about?

I'm ready to see it, can you share it with us?

Can you?

So the one person stated as "evidence" and a good sign, his girl friend died in the morning, he didn't know yet. His door bell rings but no one was there. Boom proof of the paranormal. Ever hear of a little annoying age-old thing like, "ding dong ditch" ?

Also I totally agree with Orange, great post. I didn't come here a "believer" or a "skeptic" honestly. I am came here because I was curious and this site seemed less "ZoMG REALZ GHOST PIC" then some others. After spending YEARS viewing all of the different topics, posted by Mods, members and random drive-bys, I became more convinced that there isn't any good evidence. So I am skeptical. (That does not make me a non-believer)

But the people who try to label all these intelligent, helpful posters like Boony, Sakari, Mulder etc, as "close minded" are really off base. It's thier openmindedness that allows them to look at "evidence" from enough angles to make a more informed opinion.

Edited by CakeOrDeath

i have never seen a ghost. i don't think i ever will.

however, i want to believe that there is energy left behind in some places, perhaps an imprint of some sort but i don't think i believe in ghosts the way people describe them.

why do i want to believe this?

because i sense it. it's very real to me. is that evidence? no. therefore, i say i want to believe it.

i'm ready to be shown differently if the case may be.

Also I totally agree with Orange, great post. I didn't come here a "believer" or a "skeptic" honestly. I am came here because I was curious and this site seemed less "ZoMG REALZ GHOST PIC" then some others. After spending YEARS viewing all of the different topics, posted by Mods, members and random drive-bys, I became more convinced that there isn't any good evidence. So I am skeptical. (That does not make me a non-believer)

But the people who try to label all these intelligent, helpful posters like Boony, Sakari, Mulder etc, as "close minded" are really off base. It's thier openmindedness that allows them to look at "evidence" from enough angles to make a more informed opinion.

here this picture . thats 1 of the most famous ghost picture that u can find out there.

i think it is real .. .no . i know it is real ..

why? because i have seen a ghost like that . ..it had no face ,just like the 1 in the picture , ( i think it was a woman but i m not sure what is was). it was just pure white ,. and gave me an overwhelming peacefull feeling ..

boony , sakari,mulder? why walking in circels to search for the truth. when its right in front of your eyes.

tahts why i ll say it again. skeptic are smooth talkers. they dont listen to the truth but only themselfs. they always needs reasoning .

searching for evidence in wrong places. u wont be able to find evidence online the way you are now. . .

this is all i can give you . i am proof . (whydontyoubelieveme) :(

try this site http://ghoststudy.com/new6/spirits_ghosts.htm there are alot of fake pictures but also alot of real ones .

you know i dont really care if some1 believe in ghost or the paranormal world or not.

or want to believe .

you believe in it or you dont. dont try .. .. to believe it .

remember we talking about ghost. the paranormal,unexplained, stuff .

its way beyond our mind.

there is no single soul out there with a rational mind . that can explain this ..

post-127304-0-74715200-1332790782_thumb.

here this picture . thats 1 of the most famous ghost picture that u can find out there.

why? because i have seen a ghost like that . ..it had no face ,just like the 1 in the picture , ( i think it was a woman but i m not sure what is was). it was just pure white ,. and gave me an overwhelming peacefull feeling ..

boony , sakari,mulder? why walking in circels to search for the truth. when its right in front of your eyes.

tahts why i ll say it again. skeptic are smooth talkers. they dont listen to the truth but only themselfs. they always needs reasoning .

searching for evidence in wrong places. u wont be able to find evidence online the way you are now. . .

try this site http://ghoststudy.com/new6/spirits_ghosts.htm there are alot of fake pictures but also alot of real ones .

you know i dont really care if some1 believe in ghost or the paranormal world or not.

or want to believe .

its way beyond our mind.

there is no single soul out there with a rational mind . that can explain this ..

There are ways to explain photos like that. The only problem comes in finding out exact conditions of camera and setting in photos as old as that. But some do digging: "Brown Lady" History and Research

And we do know that this effect of a "ghost" like her can be produced through camera faults. The photo then leaves 2 obvious choices that I can think of:

1. It is an example of a trick of light and exposure slightly resembling a woman, which has been confirmed can happen, and been reproduced.

2. It is an example of a ghost.

I would have to lean towards option 1. Something that we know exists. If that's the best evidence you have toward the existence of ghosts, you aren't going to be able to convince many in your stance.

And you don't know that that is a real picture of a ghost. You think. Knowing would mean you understand how, why, etc. and would be able to explain what a ghost actually is, and if they actually exist. Which you can't. You can only give your belief and opinion.

Edited by _Only

or want to believe .

its way beyond our mind.

this is taken from the link that _Only left in his/her post:

Anomalies in the picture become apparent when a light and uncropped copy of the Brown Lady photograph is examined. The anomalies do not centre upon the figure – upon which the eye naturally concentrates – but what is going on in the foreground and background. On the left hand side as the viewer sees the picture, (i.e. on the Brown Lady’s right hand side) hangs a framed picture on the wall. Immediately beneath, seemingly hovering in the air, is a duplicate image of this picture. Equally, when one looks at the length of the banisters, they do not connect, and the angles suggest that the camera has been shaken and the staircase accidentally photographed twice. Several luminous patches are also visible which suggest a doubling of the image throughout. The copy which best demonstrates the effect is that held in the Harry Price Library in the University of London (reproduced in Anthony Hippesley Coxe’s 1973 book Haunted Britain) and copies of Shira’s original print. However, many reproductions in ghost books have used a darkened version of the print, giving the impression it was taken at night, rather than at 4 pm. Cropping of the sides of the picture has also been used to disguise the accidental doubling of images.

I saw the ghost of my cat walk through my living room then run down the hall, so I am convinced. I wasn't expecting it so I had no camera and I was in such awe of seeing her I doubt I would of taken a picture anyway. Never saw her again after that.

Ghosts are going to be hard to prove to someone that has never seen one and impossible to make a skeptic out of someone that has seen one.

I often wonder about members such as yourself, who have roughly one post per year, and dedicate that post to communicating something of rational value... And I ask myself, "Why don't these people with obvious common sense contribute their points of view more often?"

And then I typically get distracted by other things and members like you continue lurking without vocalizing this kind of wisdom for whatever reason(s)... But then another one jumps in from out of the woodwork to offer a much needed voice of reason with their annual post as well.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you. And I look forward to seeing you again next year. :tu:

Or who knows? Maybe sooner? I can only hope...

Cheers

Edit: So much for just one post per year... you've had at least 3 this very day. Please don't stop.

Conversely, I have to wonder about members that post approximately 5,000 replies in a year and a half in forums based on a topic that they evidently have no belief in just to proffer the same redundant, condescending, narrowly constricted thoughts over and over and over. Ive been lurking UM since '05 and it it sure seems that they were able to differentiate objective skepticism from self aggrandizing pomposity back then.

I also remember when this paranormal section used to be a hub for people to post photos/videos/audio from their ongoing and active investigations without the barrage of insufferable bores that seldom leave mom's basement descending like vultures to shred them with their pedantic,unenlightened knee-jerk reactionary cynicism. The skeptics back then were very supportive and encouraging while at the same time maintaining a strict adherence to the Principle Of Occam's Razor. (Google it) :tu:

No wonder the view points have dropped so much over the last few years.

Edited by kitone1

My views and beliefs are constantly evolving as I absorb new information. A year ago I would have been on the other side of the fence honestly. And truth be told I came to UM a believer in paranormal things. If anything UM showed me that all the things I had previously considered to be proof of the paranormal could easily be explained, and that realization upped the bar for what I consider to be evidence. Thus my skepticism was born.

Someday maybe evidence will be gathered and studied and some of the things i am skeptical of will be proven to exist. I'll happily change my mind. I miss believing in paranormal things. The world is a more fun place when its full of real ghosts and bigfoots and mokele mbembes. :)

I'm not a skeptic because I like p***ing people off. I don't even like conflict. I just have a requirement for evidence and data that didn't exist in me before I came to this site. So in reality, all you believers around here created a skeptic. ;)

Let's put this into perspective; you joined UM in January of 2012 and since then this internet forum membership has completely altered your perception of reality, world views, belief system and life philosophies? Alas, malleable minds must think alike.

How are you on the faked moon landing conspiracy theory? Whatever you do, don't join "Christwire" :lol:

If everyone thought this way, Fermi Lab physicists would have stopped searching for the top quark years ago. Einsteins theories were just that; theories based on his observations and calculations. :yes:

Edited by kitone1

Conversely, I have to wonder about members that post approximately 5,000 replies in a year and a half in forums based on a topic that they evidently have no belief in just to proffer the same redundant, condescending, narrowly constricted thoughts over and over and over. Ive been lurking UM since '05 and it it sure seems that they were able to differentiate objective skepticism from self aggrandizing pomposity back then.

I also remember when this paranormal section used to be a hub for people to post photos/videos/audio from their ongoing and active investigations without the barrage of insufferable bores that seldom leave mom's basement descending like vultures to shred them with their pedantic,unenlightened knee-jerk reactionary cynicism. The skeptics back then were very supportive and encouraging while at the same time maintaining a strict adherence to the Principle Of Occam's Razor. (Google it) :tu:

No wonder the view points have dropped so much over the last few years.

In your last 7 years of lurking have you come across any piece of evidence which can prove the existence of anything paranormal?

I really hope you're just playing and not serious with your comments?? I've been in this field as a professional "2nd" job for many many years, and have to tell you that the longer I investigate, the more information we receive, how in-depth our Standard of Operations procedure evolves, the evidence is vanishing with every day. Out of 394 studies we have done, 1% holds up against our SOP and is considered credible evidence. And that 1% has been reviewed by the Professor we report to and he has sent it to a colleague as an independent researcher with a group of scientists at Berkley along with our SOP to be audited, added to, reduced etc..

Before you comment and think you're going to "best" me here, do some research, look at my profile and get where I'm coming from and how I can make such claims with certainty and credibility my friend.

I also might add, I was physically accosted by a force unseen to me or my girlfriend at the time. I got slammed so hard that I turned to fight thinking someone REALLY was attacking me in my old apt on the base. My girlfriend at the time saw it happen, and thought I was pulling her leg, until she saw the anger and confusion on my face. The reason I'm telling you this is, even though I had something VERY REAL happen to me, I would NEVER use it as evidence, nor claim it to be evidence, because it's nothing more than a personal experience. It doesn't hold any merit in the scientific procedure or the SOP we're creating. It's NOT evidence. Are you catching my drift?

Even if you're a believer, you have a duty and you need to maintain an un-bias, tactical and scientific approach to all of this.

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

In your last 7 years of lurking have you come across any piece of evidence which can prove the existence of anything paranormal?

Wow a whole 21 minutes elapsed before you responded, what a surprise. ;)

You mean “evidence” posted in an internet forum Aristotle? Please do elucidate me on precisely what “evidence” is not subject to tampering in this medium? (And yes EXIF data CAN be altered sonny.)

Yet another genius that has based his entire belief system on the internet and basic cable :lol:

Wow a whole 21 minutes elapsed before you responded, what a surprise. ;)

You mean “evidence” posted in an internet forum Aristotle? Please do elucidate me on precisely what “evidence” is not subject to tampering in this medium? (And yes EXIF data CAN be altered sonny.)

Yet another genius that has based his entire belief system on the internet and basic cable :lol:

Should I take that as a no?

I saw the ghost of my cat walk through my living room then run down the hall, so I am convinced. I wasn't expecting it so I had no camera and I was in such awe of seeing her I doubt I would of taken a picture anyway. Never saw her again after that.

Ghosts are going to be hard to prove to someone that has never seen one and impossible to make a skeptic out of someone that has seen one.

You know your brain is perfectly capable of producing that cat too, though, right?

And it isn't impossible to be skeptical after a personal sighting. I've seen what appeared to be a shadow person (once in the day, and once at night) and am still skeptical about what it is that I actually experienced.

Edited by _Only

I really hope you're just playing and not serious with your comments?? I've been in this field as a professional "2nd" job for many many years, and have to tell you that the longer I investigate, the more information we receive, how in-depth our Standard of Operations procedure evolves, the evidence is vanishing with every day. Out of 394 studies we have done, 1% holds up against our SOP and is considered credible evidence. And that 1% has been reviewed by the Professor we report to and he has sent it to a colleague as an independent researcher with a group of scientists at Berkley along with our SOP to be audited, added to, reduced etc..

Before you comment and think you're going to "best" me here, do some research, look at my profile and get where I'm coming from and how I can make such claims with certainty and credibility my friend.

I also might add, I was physically accosted by a force unseen to me or my girlfriend at the time. I got slammed so hard that I turned to fight thinking someone REALLY was attacking me in my old apt on the base. My girlfriend at the time saw it happen, and thought I was pulling her leg, until she saw the anger and confusion on my face. The reason I'm telling you this is, even though I had something VERY REAL happen to me, I would NEVER use it as evidence, nor claim it to be evidence, because it's nothing more than a personal experience. It doesn't hold any merit in the scientific procedure or the SOP we're creating. It's NOT evidence. Are you catching my drift?

Even if you're a believer, you have a duty and you need to maintain an un-bias, tactical and scientific approach to all of this.

Curious, why don’t you ever name these alleged Berkley professors that so auspiciously administer your rigorous team SOP?

SOP = Seriously Obsessive Pathology

Yeah…and the MRO team at JPL personally appraises and certifies authenticity of all my ghost photos too.

Name the professor or it’s all B.S. –PERIOD (This answer ought to be good-LOL)

Well, I'll definitely have to take that as a no then. Please do let us know if you run across anything relevant.

Cheers. :)

I am people like him....I am 46 years old, 1 divorce, 1 child death, 2nd marriage, raised 2 kids, had knee surgery, lost a home and everything we owned, have a son addicted to meth, countless other " truths " I have had to handle through out my life...............I think I can accept the truth.

Now, show me something that is true other than what I all ready know ( ghosts do not exist, other than in peoples heads ), I am asking you to please show me.....I would love nothing morre than for you, or anyone, to be able to say " I TOLD YOU SO ", and I would love to say " You were right ".

You say there is a lot of proof and evidence......Where?

Again, yes, I can handle the truth,

Edited by Sakari

Well, I'll definitely have to take that as a no then. Please do let us know if you run across anything relevant.

Cheers. :)

ONCE AGAIN, AND FOR THE THIRD TIME

Do you comprehend this sentence, yes or no?

ONCE AGAIN, AND FOR THE THIRD TIME

You mean "evidence" posted in an internet forum Aristotle? Please do elucidate me on precisely what "evidence" is not subject to tampering in this medium? (And yes EXIF data CAN be altered sonny.)

Do you comprehend this sentence, yes or no?

Third? Who taught you how to count?

I comprehend just fine.

Again, I take your response as a no.

Cheers.

Edited by libstaK
removed personal insult