Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts

docyabut2

Jeez kitone1, calm down, man. It's okay to have a differing opinion from someone, and people here know they don't have to prove anything to anyone else as a mandatory duty. Don't let it ruin your day. Or others.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docyabut2

• kitone1

• booNyzarC

• _Only

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Curious, why don't you ever name these alleged Berkley professors that so auspiciously administer your rigorous team SOP?

SOP = Seriously Obsessive Pathology

Yeah…and the MRO team at JPL personally appraises and certifies authenticity of all my ghost photos too.

Name the professor or it's all B.S. –PERIOD (This answer ought to be good-LOL)

Actually, I had a full response for this ignorant and simple minded rhetoric you've so eloquently spewed but, I'm not stooping to that level my friend. Good Luck. Being the newbie you are I should offer you a bit of advice.

It takes a long time posting, debating, educating, discussing and working to be credible and respected around here. You have very little of any of those things. With the way you're handling yourself here, all you're doing is destroying ANY chance of being accepted or taken seriously. There it is, take it or leave it.

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

Play nice in the sandbox people - enough with the personal insults and derogatory commentary.

Time to address the topic NOT your personal opinions of each other.

Edit to add: I have now removed several of the latest posts by a couple of members - I could have removed many more but I think it best for continuity if you can find away back on topic from here onwards for now ....

Edited by libstaK

Jees...some testosterone flowing here...lol...:lol:

edit...oops...didnt see above post...sorry..:innocent:

Edited by BrianPotter

Jees...some testosterone flowing here...lol...:lol:

edit...oops...didnt see above post...sorry..:innocent:

lol :rofl:

I am people like him....I am 46 years old, 1 divorce, 1 child death, 2nd marriage, raised 2 kids, had knee surgery, lost a home and everything we owned, have a son addicted to meth, countless other " truths " I have had to handle through out my life...............I think I can accept the truth.

Now, show me something that is true other than what I all ready know ( ghosts do not exist, other than in peoples heads ), I am asking you to please show me.....I would love nothing morre than for you, or anyone, to be able to say " I TOLD YOU SO ", and I would love to say " You were right ".

You say there is a lot of proof and evidence......Where?

Again, yes, I can handle the truth,

I TOLD YOU SO! Ooooohhhh you meant me to say that with proof! oopss lol jk :w00t:

Ahem, topic:

"I have seen so many shows on Ghosts.Most of the cases are of dead people who once lived in the homes. I just can`t believe some spirits would hang around a place for hundred of years.And there are the non human demons, who in the heck are they?"

My opinion:

Ghosts are an entertaining topic and have fuelled speculation and interest for a very long time. However, as our scientific endeavours cast a wary eye upon the nightly terrors of these supernatural citizens it became apparent that they don't actually seem to exist. There are no evident reproducible hauntings and science does not currently include a mechanism which allows for dead people to still interact with their former environment and aquaintances. Furthermore, even if such a process was possible and peformed regularly, the behaviour of ghosts would baffle most reasonable minds. Who indeed would wish to spend hundreds of years 'woooooooo'-ing quietly in corridors and mysteriously smashing the odd plate or ornament just to break the tedium?

Demons, or any non-human spirit for that matter, seem to be more the province of religion. They are, dare I say, even less likey to exist than ghosts and also less sensible in their haunting approach.

Caveat:

I say this as someone who would have blindly accepted the existence of ghosts as a young child, but I have grown to disregard them as I do the likelihood of a God or Santa Claus. If a phenomenon wishes to be believed by me, then it should at least put in a bit of effort at showing itself to exist. Always happy to change my mind if any actual evidence arises, but fairly certain that it won't come to that.

Actually, I had a full response for this ignorant and simple minded rhetoric you've so eloquently spewed but, I'm not stooping to that level my friend. Good Luck. Being the newbie you are I should offer you a bit of advice.

It takes a long time posting, debating, educating, discussing and working to be credible and respected around here. You have very little of any of those things. With the way you're handling yourself here, all you're doing is destroying ANY chance of being accepted or taken seriously. There it is, take it or leave it.

You wont answer the question because you can't.

Again; preciously who comprises this alleged coterie of college professors you continually allude to and laud as consultants and why the shroud of mystery surrounding this illustrious panel? Why the secrecy? What's to hide if there is such a definitive 'SOP' in place?

Also if you'll look at my join date you will notice that I was a member here before you "Newbie" and as much as garnering the highly coveted the respect of dignitaries such as yourself, I am a member of several forums and have been a an editor and contributor for several publications both online and print for many years before you ever clicked on the SyFy Channel and fabricated your alleged team of Berkley-edu backed Ghost Busters.

When there finally is a current discussion here worthy of my participation I may take the time to re-educate you folks on a few of the misconceptions running rampant here.

BTW The term "spewed out" is grammatically incorrect and a literal malapropism. (Just an FYI)

Now if you'll excuse me Stephen Hawking and my panel of scientists at Cambridge wish to discuss my latest EVPs B)

Play nice in the sandbox people - enough with the personal insults and derogatory commentary.

Time to address the topic NOT your personal opinions of each other.

Edit to add: I have now removed several of the latest posts by a couple of members - I could have removed many more but I think it best for continuity if you can find away back on topic from here onwards for now ....

absolutely, you're right and thank you :tu:

You wont answer the question because you can't.

Again; preciously who comprises this alleged coterie of college professors you continually allude to and laud as consultants and why the shroud of mystery surrounding this illustrious panel? Why the secrecy? What's to hide if there is such a definitive 'SOP' in place?

Also if you'll look at my join date you will notice that I was a member here before you "Newbie" and as much as garnering the highly coveted the respect of dignitaries such as yourself, I am a member of several forums and have been a an editor and contributor for several publications both online and print for many years before you ever clicked on the SyFy Channel and fabricated your alleged team of Berkley-edu backed Ghost Busters.

When there finally is a current discussion here worthy of my participation I may take the time to re-educate you folks on a few of the misconceptions running rampant here.

BTW The term "spewed out" is grammatically incorrect and a literal malapropism. (Just an FYI)

Now if you'll excuse me Stephen Hawking and my panel of scientists at Cambridge wish to discuss my latest EVPs B)

Is Stephen Hawking any relation to Gertrude Hawking who had a fish shop down Blackpool Promenade....?....:innocent:

Edited by BrianPotter

Also if you'll look at my join date you will notice that I was a member here before you "Newbie" ...

Edit to rephrase...

You might want to double check that. I think you might be mistaken.

Edited by booNyzarC

give me some time .... once a while i see things that i cant explain.. from now on i ll always have a camera with me lol .well if i can capture it offcours ..

and i ll send it 2 the most skeptic guy in here. raw material. the camera and everything in it .!

damn you guys give me no choice .. i ll make you believe .JUST WAIT .. hope not for long, lol ..

and you are warned.. please dont get a heart attack when u see the truth.

give me some time .... once a while i see things that i cant explain.. from now on i ll always have a camera with me lol .well if i can capture it offcours ..

and i ll send it 2 the most skeptic guy in here. raw material. the camera and everything in it .!

damn you guys give me no choice .. i ll make you believe .JUST WAIT .. hope not for long, lol ..

and you are warned.. please dont get a heart attack when u see the truth.

Lol, that was inspirational.

I also might add, I was physically accosted by a force unseen to me or my girlfriend at the time. I got slammed so hard that I turned to fight thinking someone REALLY was attacking me in my old apt on the base. My girlfriend at the time saw it happen, and thought I was pulling her leg, until she saw the anger and confusion on my face. The reason I'm telling you this is, even though I had something VERY REAL happen to me, I would NEVER use it as evidence, nor claim it to be evidence, because it's nothing more than a personal experience. It doesn't hold any merit in the scientific procedure or the SOP we're creating. It's NOT evidence. Are you catching my drift?

Even if you're a believer, you have a duty and you need to maintain an un-bias, tactical and scientific approach to all of this.

But you still maintain it happened and have no explanation for it. Would you be angry if someone told you it was a figment of your imagination? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any of the regular skeptics demand proof from you and basically call you a liar because you can't.

Of course it isn't evidence, but experiences can't be recreated. It can change your perception.

Now I'm not a blind believer; I truly think that most "evidence" can be explained away. But what about vidoes of things flying off of shelves? For example, there was a great video of that in an Austrailian Super Market... just one bag of candy was flung off the shelf and caught by security cameras. Nothing else around it appeared to have been touched, and it actually launched as opposed to having fallen off...

Edit to rephrase...

You might want to double check that. I think you might be mistaken.

You are so right and admittedly I made several typos on that post, partly because I was rushed and partly because I was laughing heartily at the absurdity of his response and continued reluctance to name the "Berkly Scientists" that have certified his supposedly inexplicable paranormal evidence :lol: (You people actually buy that crap???)

Yes I did misread his start date, those 3 months seniority he has on me in late 2010 certainly does qualify him as an inveterate expert and revered member and me as simply an incorrigible neophyte :rolleyes:

Now I can see how you have accrued such a voluminous post count in such a short amount of time when it all probably consists of this type of obtuse nonsense.

Seriously not worth the keystrokes. :hmm:

You are so right and admittedly I made several typos on that post, partly because I was rushed and partly because I was laughing heartily at the absurdity of his response and continued reluctance to name the "Berkly Scientists" that have certified his supposedly inexplicable paranormal evidence :lol: (You people actually buy that crap???)

Yes I did misread his start date, those 3 months seniority he has on me in late 2010 certainly does qualify him as an inveterate expert and revered member and me as simply an incorrigible neophyte :rolleyes:

Now I can see how you have accrued such a voluminous post count in such a short amount of time when it all probably consists of this type of obtuse nonsense.

What's your opinion on ghosts?

You are so right and admittedly I made several typos on that post, ... Yes I did misread his start date,

Yes, I realized that.

those 3 months seniority he has on me in late 2010 certainly does qualify him as an inveterate expert and revered member and me as simply an incorrigible neophyte :rolleyes:

Perhaps you misunderstood his additional points. You may want to consider revisiting his original post and perusing it with more care.

Look at the bright side, you are likely not in danger of winning any congeniality awards.

Yes, I realized that.

Then why bother dedicating an entire reply to an obvious error that is a moot point regardless? :lol:

Perhaps you misunderstood his additional points. You may want to consider revisiting his original post and perusing it with more care.

His evident misrepresentation of his own credentials and institutional liaisons nullifies the entire post. :tu:

Look at the bright side, you are likely not in danger of winning any congeniality awards.

Oh yes,more of that razor sharp sardonic wit that brought us the uproariously funny signature: :rolleyes:

"Spirits from beyond... I ask you... tell me the truth... Who's Your Daddy?"

What's your opinion on ghosts?

That's a rather vague and ambiguous question... what's your opinion of cornflakes? :huh:

But you still maintain it happened and have no explanation for it. Would you be angry if someone told you it was a figment of your imagination? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any of the regular skeptics demand proof from you and basically call you a liar because you can't.

Of course it isn't evidence, but experiences can't be recreated. It can change your perception.

Right, I agree, it did change my perspective. Thus why I actually do believe there is more out there. I was merely stating that I can't and wouldn't use that as evidence. And no, actually I wouldn't get angry if someone told me it was a figment of my imagination as I'd expect skepticism on that. And I've gone through the ringer here with everyone, the normal right of passage around here and I'm guessing the same you had to as well as every other person, since day one to gain credibility. :tu:

Then why bother dedicating an entire reply to an obvious error that is a moot point regardless? :lol:

His evident misrepresentation of his own credentials and institutional liaisons nullifies the entire post. :tu:

Oh yes,more of that razor sharp sardonic wit that brought us the uproariously funny signature: :rolleyes:

<sigh>

You really aren't worth it, so I'll refrain from responding appropriately.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy your stay, however long it lasts.

That's a rather vague and ambiguous question... what's your opinion of cornflakes? :huh:

Vague? What do you think ghosts are? Spirits of dead people? Created in people's heads? Demonic? Angelic? Personal opinions can go on and on.

What's yours? That's what this thread is about.

I have been reading a few topics, and I want to say by your replies......You should take a break.You only seem to want to start arguments, " flame baiting "......

No offense, but you need to find happiness, or need a big hug......

No need to reply, and sorry I went off topic......I just do not know why some people can not understand this is just a forum on the internet, and if you can not discuss something without insults, than don't post.

As said, no reply needed, I promise I will not answer it, was just making a suggestion..

Where did this topic end up at?