Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Mummified Finger Found In Egypt

SlimJim22

Just imagine the wardrobe cost for that movie set! How many textiles did it take to cover that Amazing Colossal Man!?!?

Didn't cost much at all. They just found a giant, shot it, and skinned it (by the way, apparently they also chopped off a finger and buried it somewhere) :)

That's one really hairy hand. I wonder what would be the cause of such hairiness. lol

I don't even want to think of the size of his 'tool' that caused him to have that hairy hand.

I think I put that in a most convenient cryptical way as not to be edited again.

I don't even want to think of the size of his 'tool' that caused him to have that hairy hand.

I think I put that in a most convenient cryptical way as not to be edited again.

I think this is a pretty solid PG version, Abramelin, so nicely done. :lol:

I think this is a pretty solid PG version, Abramelin, so nicely done. :lol:

You don't know, but now I will have to Google what "PG" is supposed to mean.

Why can't you Americans not just use words or sentences instead of all those abbreviations no one but Americans will understand right away?

OK, maybe it's just me - a dumb Dutchman - but I have a slight feeling I am not just talking for myself here.

LOL, you people have NO idea how many times I have to Google to just understand the abbreviations you use while assuming we all will surely know what you are talkimg about.

This is NOT a start of some p***ing contest concerning language/the lingua franca, it's just meant to make Anglo-Saxons aware that there are those who have to make an effort to understand.

Hmm, yeah, liquor doesn't help much either in that respect, lol.

And I hope I didnt say anything bad, or else next moring I will find out a new line has been added to my post, saying <skipped>.

Edited by Abramelin

American?

I always thought Phallicus Giganticus was Latin...

Why can't you Americans not just use words or sentences instead of all those abbreviations no one but Americans will understand right away?

OK, maybe it's just me - a dumb Dutchman - but I have a slight feeling I am not just talking for myself here.

LOL, you people have NO idea how many times I have to Google to just understand the abbreviations you use while assuming we all will surely know what you are talkimg about.

This is NOT a start of some p***ing contest concerning language/the lingua franca, it's just meant to make Anglo-Saxons aware that there are those who have to make an effort to understand.

Hmm, yeah, liquor doesn't help much either in that respect, lol.

And I hope I didnt say anything bad, or else next moring I will find out a new line has been added to my post, saying <skipped>.

You're right, that was Americancentric of me. It's part of our movie-rating system so parents will know which movies are safe to bring their kids to. "PG" means "parental guidance," so the kiddies should be accompanied by Mom and/or Dad (or not go at all, if the kiddies are too young). The only lesser rating is "G," which is safe for pretty much anybody (think Disney). Above PG there are also PG-13, R, and NC-17 ratings.

Your posts are generally of the R to NC-17 range, which is why I enjoy them.

I am an American but I am not a parent. I don't worry about these things. Nevertheless, I have observed in many cases how some people are too stupid to be allowed to breed. I remember watching one of the Hannibal Lecter movies, which are about as graphic, disturbing, and adult-themed as they come. In this particular instance, sitting right in front of me was a mother and her young child. This little boy couldn't have been more than seven years old--and this is a Hannibal Lecter movie, mind you. The little boy kept saying, "Mommy, I'm scared." The mother kept saying, "Shhh!" Idiot. Like I said, some people are too stupid to be allowed to breed, but she slipped through the cracks.

My apologies, this post has nothing to do with the topic under discussion. Well, hell, I'll just say I bashed the clueless mommy over the head with a giant mummy finger.

And that brings us back on topic. :D

American?

I always thought Phallicus Giganticus was Latin...

Oh, crap, I like your answer a lot more than mine. :w00t:

I once found a finger like that , in my toilet....

Just flushed it

It reminds me of monty python, for some reason

Edited by danydandan

***NEWS JUST IN ***

Recent reports indicate that a giant mummified finger, supposedly found in Egypt in the latter part of the last century, was actually unearthed very recently inside a pyramid found in the jungle near Cairns, Australia.............nicknamed the "Cuneiform Finger", the switch was only discovered after a child left the artefact at a cinema and it was handed into police.

Well, there you go then. Make of that what you will, I guess.

***NEWS JUST IN ***

Recent reports indicate that a giant mummified finger, supposedly found in Egypt in the latter part of the last century, was actually unearthed very recently inside a pyramid found in the jungle near Cairns, Australia.............nicknamed the "Cuneiform Finger", the switch was only discovered after a child left the artefact at a cinema and it was handed into police.

Well, there you go then. Make of that what you will, I guess.

And I assume you will post the link to that article 12 days from now?

:rolleyes:

Well guys, besides making fun of poor Jim here you should do something helpful, like pointing out that anything titled "Sitchin right again?" cannot be but a hoax. So far he has not been right once.

He's been right about one important thing and that was when he thought, "Wow this BS will make me a buttload of money"

It is rather interesting... If we can get some kind of verification for it. Why isn't it being discussed more often? Where is it? If authentic, it is an astounding relic of the ancient gods. There is a long way to go yet however, in showing it to be anything more than a hoax.

I found this video. Sorry if it was posted earlier.

It says the finger is 38 cm long. Yes... CENTIMETERS.

Look at this pic from another site.

2,h=343.bild.jpg

It is sitting on a seat. Maybe a couch, maybe a car seat. But it clearly is between half and 2/3 the depth of the couch seat. And an average couch seat is like 24 inches deep. Thus we can conclude the finger is actually between 12 and 18 inches long. That is still too long to be an ape finger. Orangutan or otherwise. So it is probably from some other animal. I cast about in my mind, but can't think of any appropriate animal.

Perhaps it is a surviving bit of a Gigantopithicus?

So partly, I was right. The scale was in cm not inches.

Edited by DieChecker

2,h=343.bild.jpg

It is sitting on a seat. Maybe a couch, maybe a car seat. But it clearly is between half and 2/3 the depth of the couch seat. And an average couch seat is like 24 inches deep. Thus we can conclude the finger is actually between 12 and 18 inches long. That is still too long to be an ape finger. Orangutan or otherwise. So it is probably from some other animal. I cast about in my mind, but can't think of any appropriate animal.

A better photo would be the one taken just AFTER the photographer's mother-in-law sat down on the couch

2,h=343.bild.jpg

If authentic, this item is certainly intriguing...

Notice that the video is only made from the stills of he "finger"? This all reminds me very much of all the fake "giant skeleton" pics out there. The rags could easily have been used as the edge of the blown up finger, and the money bill tossed ontop of that composite image.

It's been mentioned before but how is it possible that this object exists and has never been analyzed by a lab. No offense intended to the investigative powers of our little community, but it seems like anything his important would have made the nig time by now if it were worth a whit.

In one of those stills there is a banknote. I do not know the denomination of the banknote but given that most banknotes are in the region of 6 inches long, the alleged finger appears to be a little over twice the length of the banknote. This would make the estimate of 38cm about right. 38cm is approximately 15 inches.

I therefore think DieChecker's estimate of up to 18 inches is wrong although I can see how he would come to this conclusion. 18 inches is approximately 46cm

Sorry, I am only nit-picking over an extra 3 inches :).

I just feel that there is something not quite right with it being an alleged finger but I cant put my finger on it (scuse the obvious pun lol)

Somehow it keeps reminding me of the leg of a baby donkey or similar with a deformed hoof.

Somehow it keeps reminding me of the leg of a baby donkey or similar with a deformed hoof.

That is somewhat what I was thinking, but I can't resolve that with the fingernail, rather then a hoof. Unless the artifact has been altered, which is entirely possible. I was thinking a pig leg myself.

That is somewhat what I was thinking, but I can't resolve that with the fingernail, rather then a hoof. Unless the artifact has been altered, which is entirely possible. I was thinking a pig leg myself.

Great minds think alike :)

(please dont remind me that fools seldom think different lol)

Some of the photos shown don't look real to me. They look digital (like graphics from a video game) and / or like the finger itself was blown up in size.

There is something very odd about that picture but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Maybe it's the 38cm long finger. That's pretty odd.