Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Weird Sounds in Wisconsin

~TheBigK~

I've tried to keep up with this thread but I sort of lost interest for awhile when I heard some of the sounds and they seemed identical to sounds I'd heard in a sci-fi movie (war of the worlds)but the more I listen and read the more convinced I become that something very weird is happening here. I have no fears of the 2012 world ending silliness but I'd sure like to know what this is about.

I would`nt be interested, if I had not heard the sounds myself.I lived in Ohio and last summer I started hearing them.Not a cloud in the sky then this roaring sound.Hard to explain, but it sounded like a thousand disel trucks a commimg.Scary! I dismissed it as maybe some factory noise. Then the second week in January the sounds came again only this time lowder and no storms were around. One time my disabled hubby yell from the bed room, oh my God! What was that horriable roaring noise!My daughter who lives up in Mich said she was about to grab her daughter and run.Another time that week again no storms in the area, my daughter and I came out of her house and heard the roaring sounds with a boom, boom, boom, boom.Not like the kind of booms you would hear in a thunder storm but in a freguency.She tried to record it on her cell but could`nt catch it.When I got on the net and realized just how many people in the world were hearing these awful noises, I`m really concern to what they are.I know airplane sounds, sonic booms and thunder, the noises did not sound like that, but more of a rolling sound traveling over land in the distance and there were no earthquakes reports.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docyabut2

• Sakari

• Eldorado

• Oniomancer

When you examine each event that is reported it's not too hard to weed the fakes from the "something real happened that hasn't been explained". But by lumping the whole lot together and claiming they are all fake, the interesting cases are negated. The Wisconsin sounds are not like the Costa Rica sounds which were widely reported and recorded and discussed by the media, and not like many of the other sounds. The ones that show up on video with one person, only, claiming to experience them, and they just happen to sound like the tripods from War of the Worlds.....no, not buying those at all.

But those that were experienced, recorded, presented in the daily news as a real mystery, and there has never been any proof of a hoax or any real solution presented, those I find very interesting.

The earthquake explanation for these sounds was a throwaway. In Costa Rica the throwaway explanation was fireworks in one city which could not have been heard by the people at some distance from there who reported the sound. Not reasonable.

Concerning Clintonville:

"Residents have been calling police since 2 a.m. last Monday - 22 hours before the recorded small quake - to complain of loud noises and house-shaking vibrations. There have been more than 600 complaints, including 150 on the first day.

Only 15 complaints came in between 10 p.m. Thursday and 4 p.m. Friday, Kuss said. A cluster of 10 complaints were called in between 8 and 10 p.m. Friday.

The calls are dwindling in number with each passing day, so Kuss and other local officials suspect the seismic activity, too, is declining."

Calls continued to come in over the weekend and a newspaper reported yesterday: "Police received calls regarding sounds at 10 p.m. Sunday and again at 4 a.m."

This was obviously not kids playing tricks.

One of the reasonable explanations that has been offered is that it is glacial rebound, which has occurred in other states such as Maine.There are no known faults in that area, although the locals report a local legendary rumor of a Pigeon River Fault which has not been confirmed by the USGS from their understanding of the geology of that area.

It is a real phenomena and deserves some scientific interest. And it does not deserve to be filed away with lunatic videos and phony sounds. Ditto, Costa Rica, and a few others which escape me at the moment.

What you are reporting reminds me of the noise in one video especially. The people in the video were expecting to see a tornado coming at them based on the sound, but of course it never showed up. They were doing exactly what people expecting to see a tornado do: hubby wants to take its pic and mom is yelling at the kids to get to a safe place. It didn't strike me as a hoax at all.

The one of guys out in the snow in Canada hearing a weird noise was obviously a hoax because one guy gave it away with his facial expression---he couldn't completely suppress a silly grin.

I would`nt be interested, if I had not heard the sounds myself.I lived in Ohio and last summer I started hearing them.Not a cloud in the sky then this roaring sound.Hard to explain, but it sounded like a thousand disel trucks a commimg.Scary! I dismissed it as maybe some factory noise. Then the second week in January the sounds came again only this time lowder and no storms were around. One time my disabled hubby yell from the bed room, oh my God! What was that horriable roaring noise!My daughter who lives up in Mich said she was about to grab her daughter and run.Another time that week again no storms in the area, my daughter and I came out of her house and heard the roaring sounds with a boom, boom, boom, boom.Not like the kind of booms you would hear in a thunder storm but in a freguency.She tried to record it on her cell but could`nt catch it.When I got on the net and realized just how many people in the world were hearing these awful noises, I`m really concern to what they are.I know airplane sounds, sonic booms and thunder, the noises did not sound like that, but more of a rolling sound traveling over land in the distance and there were no earthquakes reports.

I'm not speaking for anyone here. This is purely my own opinion. This is a forum where people can debate and have a discussion about topics and give their own opinion. I'm not saying everyone here is right or wrong, but that is the great thing about "theories" and "discussions". Everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether it is right or wrong. People are also entitled to a sense of humor but I don't agree with insulting or poking fun at people for having an open discussion. I love the friendly atmosphere here and have been a fan of this forum for a long time. I enjoy the stories and value all kinds of input from everyone regarding a topic I enjoy or feel the need to be apart of. I just want to say I think the forum administrators do a good job at keeping things real and peaceful.

I would like to point out that the admins felt the need to merge this topic with similar incidents. If they felt the need to stop or remove it because it was being "derailed" then they would have, believe me they don't mess around. If you don't like the topic then don't reply. I'm not telling anyone what to do. I just sometimes fear posting my opinion about a subject or topic for this kind of problem I see happen too often. To avoid conflict I just simply won't reply and just read it. You can stay out of trouble that way! :)

I have also heard and felt similar disturbances. Now are you going to call me crazy because I can't give proof of this? My wife and I one day were surfing the web for some information and heard what I thought sounded like a bunch of "trumpets". My wife described it as the sound of "Godzilla" lol...

Sorry Admins if I stepped on anyone's toes. I hate seeing people made fun of for having an open discussion.

The booming sounds my daughter and I had heard, were just like the booms in the frist sounds of this vidio,(the guy with the binoculars) right after we heard the roarings. There were no storms in the area, a clear day. What would cause that boomimg in a frequency? I never even heard thunder boom that way.

I have been feeling small earthquakes in my area lately. I know I live near an airport but not that close for a plane to shake our apartment building. I ask my wife from time to time if she has been feeling them too and she has. Even though the media has reported more of them recently, you have to think there is an abundance of earthquakes lately?

Ok first I'm sorry if what I say is off this threads topic, but I think it also has something to do with it.

(i have posted a comment about my experiences with this awhile back when i first came to this site, looking for answers)

I know everyone's heard about the HUM noises that has been reported by people, including myself for over the last couple years. But I have to tell my story on this please.

I have heard a humming from underground for several years now, it would keep me awake, nothing would make it go away. There was vibration and humming of different pitches, some say sounds like a semi sitting in idle, with my husband being a truck driver and leaving his sit in idle, sounds nothing like it in my opinion. I would keep telling my husband about this noise, but he could never hear it. Well anyhow, my husband asked me about this hum and if I still hear it, I told him .... you know it quit about couple months ago and haven't heard it since!

Well since that, we were outside at night sitting and we both and some friends heard like a hum with rumble sound and loud bang sounds, lasted for like 15 minutes then nothing. But that was what I've been hearing for years and finally my husband got to hear it.....I was soooooooo happy that someone else heard it finally!!

It freaks me out that this sound is being recorded and heard by others now, I'm relieved but at the same time... can't help but wonder what it is... Earthquakes? I really don't think so. Maybe the earth is shifting but still....there's more too it..just don't know what.

thanks for letting me share

Ok first I'm sorry if what I say is off this threads topic, but I think it also has something to do with it.

(i have posted a comment about my experiences with this awhile back when i first came to this site, looking for answers)

I know everyone's heard about the HUM noises that has been reported by people, including myself for over the last couple years. But I have to tell my story on this please.

I have heard a humming from underground for several years now, it would keep me awake, nothing would make it go away. There was vibration and humming of different pitches, some say sounds like a semi sitting in idle, with my husband being a truck driver and leaving his sit in idle, sounds nothing like it in my opinion. I would keep telling my husband about this noise, but he could never hear it. Well anyhow, my husband asked me about this hum and if I still hear it, I told him .... you know it quit about couple months ago and haven't heard it since!

Well since that, we were outside at night sitting and we both and some friends heard like a hum with rumble sound and loud bang sounds, lasted for like 15 minutes then nothing. But that was what I've been hearing for years and finally my husband got to hear it.....I was soooooooo happy that someone else heard it finally!!

Thats what happen to me:) The hum or roarings I heard last summer I dismissed, thinking am I the only one hearing them? They do happen fast, but this January when my hubby and daughter also heard them I was so glad.All the explaintions given so far for these sounds, I just don`t buy,thats why I came up with my ice theory.My daughter said Mom I hope your theory is right because its so scary when everybody is talking about end of the world.

It freaks me out that this sound is being recorded and heard by others now, I'm relieved but at the same time... can't help but wonder what it is... Earthquakes? I really don't think so. Maybe the earth is shifting but still....there's more too it..just don't know what.

thanks for letting me share

Edited by docyabut2

I already told you! *sigh*

Tis Disney Dwarves. Those are the sounds of those little picks they use. They are escaping and unless you are "Snow White", you're in trouble. lol

My bad El, I should have believed you. :P

Someone asked why are`nt these sounds heard more around the artics. There`s not that many prople living around the artics. Perhaps these sounds are coming up through the waters. Sounds travel faster in water.

these sounds and rumblings have been heard in various places all around the world for centurys (look up the barasol gun phenomenon)..we were plagued in the uk a few years ago by these noises,caussing windows to shak and doors to move..felt almost lke a blast wave.....again no earthquakes or (according to them)military activety..as the happened close to coastal waters they were blamed on old anti shipping mines from world war two detonating..but come on ten or soin the coarse of a few weeks?...they are realy found or spontainiously..(sorry for spelling)explodexx

My bad El, I should have believed you. :P

Pretend to be Dopey...... it works for me. :)

these sounds and rumblings have been heard in various places all around the world for centurys (look up the barasol gun phenomenon)..we were plagued in the uk a few years ago by these noises,caussing windows to shak and doors to move..felt almost lke a blast wave.....again no earthquakes or (according to them)military activety..as the happened close to coastal waters they were blamed on old anti shipping mines from world war two detonating..but come on ten or soin the coarse of a few weeks?...they are realy found or spontainiously..(sorry for spelling)explodexx

Heres a latest report of humming sounds in UK, only they are blaming the aliens:)

A mysterious deep humming sound coming from all directions at once has inspired a UFO report in Primrose Hill.

http://www.london24.com/news/quirky-london/ufo_report_in_primrose_hill_after_mystery_deep_humming_1_1203184

Edited by docyabut2

Someone asked why are`nt these sounds heard more around the artics. There`s not that many prople living around the artics. Perhaps these sounds are coming up through the waters. Sounds travel faster in water.

A lot more people than you think, and again you're side stepping all the area between there and Wisconsin which includes all of Canada and Russia, Alaska and most of Europe. These sounds are managing to be highly selective in where they hit.

Edited by Oniomancer

The booming sounds my daughter and I had heard, were just like the booms in the frist sounds of this vidio,(the guy with the binoculars) right after we heard the roarings. There were no storms in the area, a clear day. What would cause that boomimg in a frequency? I never even heard thunder boom that way.

A few points about those first ones, First, they're unusually short and abrupt with virtually no echo relative to their volume, which seems unusual. Second, they do however have a nice, noticeable Doppler shift, as though the source were approaching the viewer then passing them by. Third, one can't help but notice the similarity in the pattern to footsteps.

A few points about those first ones, First, they're unusually short and abrupt with virtually no echo relative to their volume, which seems unusual. Second, they do however have a nice, noticeable Doppler shift, as though the source were approaching the viewer then passing them by. Third, one can't help but notice the similarity in the pattern to footsteps.

Omionaner, the lowd booming sounds my daughter and I had heard, were not footsteps:):)

Omionaner, the lowd booming sounds my daughter and I had heard, were not footsteps:):)

That's yours. Did they sound exactly like those others, fading in and out?

That's yours. Did they sound exactly like those others, fading in and out?

The booms we heard were similar to the booms in the frist vidio (Colorado Aug 2011)

We heard this awful roaring sound and then boom, boom, boom, boom, real loud just like in the vidio.

If you check further on utube there are several videos showing where the ground has bulged and split apart. Perhaps those sounds are related to that. They are all Clintonville related videos of the booming sounds but the most interesting one is where the elderly lady is showing a photographer her property where the ground has split apart and part of it was raised as if there was some sort of explosion just underneath the earth....