Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Want To Believe

JohnnyRico

I want to believe, but this darn "rational thought" sickness just keeps affecting my judgment. I think the cure for this is called "grasping at straws."

post-126357-0-15454900-1333581464_thumb.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashotep

• JohnnyRico

• evancj

• Gary Meadows

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To me it looks like a bird trying to lite on a log. That much I can believe.

I want to believe, but this darn "rational thought" sickness just keeps affecting my judgment. I think the cure for this is called "grasping at straws."

Classic cryptid image, :tu: makes me smile every time.

I think this image is a great representation of the mindset of the greater cryptid community.

I want to believe too. Unfortunately I have had a pesky case of RTS for years now. :wacko:

Edited by evancj

Welcome!! :st

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I missed that in my first post.

Why do you want to believe?

Why do you want to believe?

I was just being facetious with my subject title. But just think of the plethora of new scientific fields that would be created to study such phenomena like Bigfoot, Nessie, aliens, God, etc. - if they existed. Not to mention how enjoyable it would be to watch "real" discovery channel episodes on these subjects (instead of the usual biased hack). Just think how cool a show on analyzing the flight techniques of holy angels would be or studying the maternal instincts of a Sasquatch. So, I kind of get where these believers are coming from. In my case though, this damn RTS is incurable.

But real life is so much more interesting. These supposed cryptozoologists got it all wrong (and I definitely include Moneymaker & crew). Why waste their time studying non-existent creatures? New species are being discovered on almost a weekly basis. In 2012 alone, I've learned about bugs that lives 6,500 feet underground, a previously undiscovered frog in NYC, and over 850 new species living underground in Australia. Just last night I watched a science show studying the bones of an extinct snake that, when alive, measured 48 feet in length. 48 feet!

The truth is so much better than fiction.

I was just being facetious with my subject title. But just think of the plethora of new scientific fields that would be created to study such phenomena like Bigfoot, Nessie, aliens, God, etc. - if they existed. Not to mention how enjoyable it would be to watch "real" discovery channel episodes on these subjects (instead of the usual biased hack). Just think how cool a show on analyzing the flight techniques of holy angels would be or studying the maternal instincts of a Sasquatch. So, I kind of get where these believers are coming from. In my case though, this damn RTS is incurable.

But real life is so much more interesting. These supposed cryptozoologists got it all wrong (and I definitely include Moneymaker & crew). Why waste their time studying non-existent creatures? New species are being discovered on almost a weekly basis. In 2012 alone, I've learned about bugs that lives 6,500 feet underground, a previously undiscovered frog in NYC, and over 850 new species living underground in Australia. Just last night I watched a science show studying the bones of an extinct snake that, when alive, measured 48 feet in length. 48 feet!

The truth is so much better than fiction.

:yes::tu::tsu::clap:

Keep in mind that "wanting" to believe sort of carries an often unwanted side effect, it can cloud your judgement. Sort of like being in love with the wrong person, deep down you know it isn't what you want but..........you just can't quite help yourself.

If Bigfoots or any other creatures were to suddenly be proven to be real, the fact is it's just another creature. There's nothing magical or mystical about them.....unless you subscribe to the theory they're alien slave workers here to mine minerals from deep within the Earth or some such rubbish as that.

I'm open to the possibility of them being real and have to catch myself at times and prevent myself from going off on a tangent, so I have this issue as well.

Looks like Bigfoot took a vacation to meet his fellow legends,lol!