Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kariong: A Research Request

The Truth hurts

In his website, Woy Woy Steve, aka. Steve Spillard, aka. Artemis Flow made a certain claim, "That W.D. Campbell, in his 1899 book described the Kariong Glyphs." Having tried to substanciate this Claim for research purposes, I was unsuccessful so far.

However as Steve Spillard, aka. aka. made this claim, I ask him for the Chapter and Page No. because I cannot find it. It is not in Chapter 9, and chapters 1-8 do not touch the area in question anywhere.

However, I hope he can substanciate his claim, or it must be marked down to the list of unsubstanciated claims like his " The Kariong Glyphs are a "Hoax" claim, Which appeared under his Name in Ëncyclopaedia of dubious Archaeology. A claim, that he since recanted from, so now the originator of that claim appears to be some nameless U.S. citizen.(Probably the C.I.A. or a Soviet Mole working for the C.I.A.)

Mind you, I have no problems with it, but it just does not make sense. Why would a nameless U.S. Citizen let someone else bask in the reflected Glory of his work?

So, over to you, Steve. Here you can prove to your readers, that your research is not invented. Just don't invent a certain page No.,

Because I have a Copy of the Book: W.D. Campbell" Aboriginal Carvings of Port Jackson and Broken Bay, Published in 1899 by the N.S.W.

Government Printer. And I will be double checking and not only me.

Hans-Dieter von Senff, Ph.D.

Edited by The Truth hurts

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Truth hurts

• Swede

• DingoLingo

• Artemis Flow

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In his website, Woy Woy Steve, aka. Steve Spillard, aka. Artemis Flow made a certain claim, "That W.D. Campbell, in his 1899 book described the Kariong Glyphs." Having tried to substanciate this Claim for research purposes, I was unsuccessful so far.

However as Steve Spillard, aka. aka. made this claim, I ask him for the Chapter and Page No. because I cannot find it. It is not in Chapter 9, and chapters 1-8 do not touch the area in question anywhere.

However, I hope he can substanciate his claim, or it must be marked down to the list of unsubstanciated claims like his " The Kariong Glyphs are a "Hoax" claim, Which appeared under his Name in Ëncyclopaedia of dubious Archaeology. A claim, that he since recanted from, so now the originator of that claim appears to be some nameless U.S. citizen.(Probably the C.I.A. or a Soviet Mole working for the C.I.A.)

Mind you, I have no problems with it, but it just does not make sense. Why would a nameless U.S. Citizen let someone else bask in the reflected Glory of his work?

So, over to you, Steve. Here you can prove to your readers, that your research is not invented. Just don't invent a certain page No.,

Because I have a Copy of the Book: W.D. Campbell" Aboriginal Carvings of Port Jackson and Broken Bay, Published in 1899 by the N.S.W.

Give it up old bean.. the group here.. has as much belief in what your pushing.. as every group you have ever posted about this on.. ie.. no belief at all..

My, how professional. For your information, Ken Feder (Dr. Kenneth L Feder to you) is an accomplished archaeologist with CCSU. He is well published. And he also has a notable disdain for pseudo-archaeologists.

You are hopefully aware that your "methodology" and mannerisms reveal more than a bit about the substance of your claims.

For a PhD your research is very ... um... shoddy (and I only have a BA). The a Google search for the quote that you claim was made by Steve - "That W.D. Campbell, in his 1899 book described the Kariong Glyphs" has only been made by you just recently in this thread.

What Steve has to say about W.D. campbell is this: This site was documented by W.D. Campbell in 1895 and included in his rare book published in 1899 Source

Note that the site was documented by W.D. Campbell in 1895 in his book of 1899. There were no Glyphs at that time to document nor did Steve claim that there was...

Give it up, dude...

Edited by Night Walker

:sleepy:

In his website, Woy Woy Steve, aka. Steve Spillard, aka. Artemis Flow made a certain claim, "That W.D. Campbell, in his 1899 book described the Kariong Glyphs."

No I didn't , you my sir are a first class liar

I'll post the page up Hans is referring to so he may not twist my words once again

Note the text is written by Steven Strong , the owner of the site , the blue text is my response on my blog

So very close, a site we are convinced was never seen by non-Aboriginals until discovered very late in the afternoon barely three months earlier, is a rock platform covered with a set of sacred engravings of considerable significance.

>> This site was documented by W.D. Campbell in 1895 and included in his rare book published in 1899 , as well as being known to local Aboriginals , the NPWS and local expert B. Pankhurst

On this large platform we saw a fish, serpent, massive dolphin or whale, circles and a variety of shapes and symbols. Without doubt, it is an impressive gallery of ancient Aboriginal rock art deserving of protection, but there is one life-sized engraving of Durramulan (son of Creation Spirit Biamie) that is so unique, utterly unexpected, and obviously sacred, decisions had to be made as to how it can be publically described. There is nothing remotely like it anywhere in Australia. And that’s it. That is all we have agreed to reveal. The photographs taken late in the afternoon on this site, and in particular those of Durramullan, will never be reproduced or published through any form of the media but …

>> This is because women are not allowed to see images of Darramulan or even mention his name in Aboriginal culture even to this day , it is secret mens business. ( also see below re public showing , were women were present at this meeting ? )

The rock platform / site I am commenting on is not the glyphs site Hans it is a nearby Aboriginal carving site , stop twisting my words or learn to read properly , post proper quotes and links to your sources when communicating with me in future , ammend all mistakes referring to me from your publications / posts and immediately issue a public apology to me and we may have a chance of a sensible debate in the future.

If Campbell found and documented the glyphs site in 1895 , don't you think world history would have been re written by now - dunderhead ^_^

Edited by Artemis Flow

I'll post the page up Hans is referring to so he may not twist my words once again

Note the text is written by Steven Strong , the owner of the site , the blue text is my response on my blog

The rock platform / site I am commenting on is not the glyphs site Hans it is a nearby Aboriginal carving site , stop twisting my words or learn to read properly , post proper quotes and links to your sources when communicating with me in future , ammend all mistakes referring to me from your publications / posts and immediately issue a public apology to me and we may have a chance of a sensible debate in the future.

If Campbell found and documented the glyphs site in 1895 , don't you think world history would have been re written by now - dunderhead ^_^

Artemis - A belated welcome. As an additional note to others, and a factor which you are well aware of: Steve Strong is a proponent of the concept that H.s.s originated in Australia and then diffused outward to the rest of the planet. Given the current state of research, this position would not be easily supportable (!).

My, how professional. For your information, Ken Feder (Dr. Kenneth L Feder to you) is an accomplished archaeologist with CCSU. He is well published. And he also has a notable disdain for pseudo-archaeologists.

You are hopefully aware that your "methodology" and mannerisms reveal more than a bit about the substance of your claims.

Night Walker.

I never made that claim. Both Steve Strong and myself are searching in Campbells book and can not find it. Hence my request to Woy Woy Steve to provide the Page No. as he was refering to it in his web page.

Your statement about methology and manerism have nothing to do with the matter, that is now in front of the N.S.W.

Minister for the enviroment. You believe it is a Hoax. O.k. I believe different, I am waiting on the Minister.

Intersting indeed that you cite Dr. Keneth Feder, who does not hide behind a Pseudonym, yet you do. Why ?

Hans-Dieter von Senff Ph.D.

Night Walker.

As I stated, I cannot find any reference in W.D. Campbell's Aboriginal carvings of Port Jackson and Broken Bay. None in Chapter Nine, and that is the only one that covers the area. But maybe you could supply the page no.and Chapter.

I must have read it a number of times, just cannot find it. Incidently, my copy is from the National Library.

Incidently, Like Dr. Keneth Feder, I too have a more than notable disdain for anything Pseudo- from Pseudo Hoax claims

over Pseudonyms to Pseudo-Archaeologist

Dr. Hans-Dieter of Senff

Evidently you've gotten yourself confused as to whom you're replying to. Night Walker and Swede are NOT the same person. As to what Swede said about your methodology and mannerisms, yes it DOES have something to do with the matter. And it's not the State Cabinet's job to substantiate your claim, that's YOUR job. You've gone to great lengths to present yourself as qualified to make the claims you have, but have so far shown yourself incapable or unwilling to substantiate those claims. The only thing that can be taken from that is that you are in error.

cormac

Artemis Flow.

That is exactly, why I was looking in W.D. Campbells: Aboriginal carvings of Port Jackson and Broken Bay, after I read your quote in your webside.

Steve, you state "Don't you think, word history would have been re-written by now?"

No Steve, I don't, because too many reputations are at stake and research follows the law of precedent, and in your case,it was claimed by you, that you never wrote the contribution under your name in the Encyclopaedia of dubious Archaeology, "The Kariong Glypth are a hoax" .

That Statement was it, that caused other researchers to claim the Archaeological site was a Hoax. Anyway, you may find solace in the fact, that all these matters are now in the hands of the N.S.W. Minister for Enviroment, Robyn Parker and are being investigated. Whether your claim, "it is a Hoax" or mine, "That it needs protection, because it is a 4.500 year old text." prevails, I do not know. I gave my reasons for my assessment,but whether your claim about a hoax can be substanciated before the Minister, I have no Idea.

I write to Steven Strong today, and find out, if he ever made that statement, you say he did.

Best wishes and a happy Easter

Hans

There is already a thread on the kariong glyphs and what the the need to star another one????

There is already a thread on the kariong glyphs and what the the need to star another one????

To answer all posters in this thread, and why this has not been merged within the other thread:

The OP title is, "Kariong: A Research Request Seeking Information on a Book by W.D. Campbell"

Please post *only* if you can contribute towards that specific question.

Karlis -- mod team member

This was the question

We have established Campbell and myself did not make that claim , so that claim will not exist in the book , simple , thread closed ?

I'd still like to know Hans creditentials in regard to his expertise in translating eygptian etc. ie. which university he attented to gain his creds.. any papers he has published in credible journals.. and verified archaeologists who will back his claims (and by this I mean ones that have actually attended a university.. not ones that have done a online course or the like)

So a request back to you Hans.. show us the credible evidence you seem to rattle out to back your claims..

Night Walker.

I never made that claim. Both Steve Strong and myself are searching in Campbells book and can not find it. Hence my request to Woy Woy Steve to provide the Page No. as he was refering to it in his web page.

Your statement about methology and manerism have nothing to do with the matter, that is now in front of the N.S.W.

Minister for the enviroment. You believe it is a Hoax. O.k. I believe different, I am waiting on the Minister.

Intersting indeed that you cite Dr. Keneth Feder, who does not hide behind a Pseudonym, yet you do. Why ?

Hans-Dieter von Senff Ph.D.

As pointed out by cormac, there would appear to be a bit of confusion on your part. What shall we take from this?

In keeping with the topic of research re: Campbell, it may be interesting to note the nature of the data that was being documented by Campbell and his contemporaries. See below, particularly Figure 6, p. 83. Given the number of individuals involved in the documentation of the petroglyphs and pictoglyphs in the area of concern, may it not be curious that no documentation of "Egyptian heiroglyphs" would be appear to be present in their works of this period?

Re: Incidently, Like Dr. Keneth Feder, I too have a more than notable disdain for anything Pseudo- from Pseudo Hoax claims

over Pseudonyms to Pseudo-Archaeologist - Hans.

Given your methodology to date, this pronouncement would not appear to be well supported. You may enjoy one of Feder's early papers on the topic:

http://www.michaelsheiser.com/PaleoBabble/Irrationality%20and%20Popular%20Archaeology.pdf