Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese boy 'sells kidney to buy iPad'

Still Waters

A Chinese boy is suffering from kidney failure after he sold his organ to buy an iPad and iPhone, state media reported on Friday.

The 17-year-old boy, identified only by his surname Wang, was approached in an online chatroom and paid 22,000 yuan (£2,200) for his kidney to be used in an illegal transplant operation, the Xinhua News Agency said.

The teen now suffers from renal deficiency and his health is deteriorating, according to prosecutors in Chenzhou city, Hunan province.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dis Pater

• schizoid78

• PeacefulAnarchy

• rogixd

Can be a tough life.... being a Wang.

:cry:

Edited by Eldorado

I hope that I pad was worth it. Damn fool, 17 and he makes such a moronic, immature decision.

He got ripped but at least he still has he's wang.

Kidney-shmidney. They're over-rated anyways. :P

Wasn't there a story just like this one posted on here a while ago? I could have sworn there was...

I am Not saying it is this one, but the other story was about a boy selling his kidney to buy an IPad who was Chinese and 17 years old... Two different story's most likely... but a coincidence

EDIT - I was right... there was a similar story.. ( very similar ) story about a 17 year old Chines boy selling his kidney to buy himself and IPad2

Topic -> http://www.unexplain...1

Only differences are .. One says Ipad the other is iPad2, and surnames of boys are different...... Ages of the boys and the story line is the same give or take.......Now that's what I call a coincidence !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Wow.... Now that's what I call a dumbass!!! I have heard stories that could mirror this to a certain degree, as to the stupidity of people. I'm a bit of a techie, but I would never sell a part of my body for something that will be outdated in six months, let alone last a lifetime. I love my android tablet and I would never sell my left nut to get one....lol. I understand why they put this in the bizarre section, but after reading this story and others on this site, I think they should come up with another section here reserved for those stories that show off the galactic stupidity of people. It begs to question, are we REALLY that much more intelligent than the rest of the animals on earth???...lol.

All this mobile thing is really demonstrating that our world is regressing, at least in mass market computer technology....

Yeah, people prefer underpowered electronic gizmo like iPad and iPhone instead of powerful destkop computer, which are about the same price as the gizmo by the way.

At least the hippie (i.e. : Steve Jobs) is dead. Ah kapitalism, so sweet the dreams you instill in us, though maybe also a bit itchy!

Could have been worse-could have been 1985 and he traded for a Sinclair C5..damn i did not see that idea failing.

All this mobile thing is really demonstrating that our world is regressing, at least in mass market computer technology....

Yeah, people prefer underpowered electronic gizmo like iPad and iPhone instead of powerful destkop computer, which are about the same price as the gizmo by the way.

At least the hippie (i.e. : Steve Jobs) is dead. Ah kapitalism, so sweet the dreams you instill in us, though maybe also a bit itchy!

Yeah, blame capitalism.

No one forced the kid.

'meh' Should have gotten a Saumsung Galaxy Tab instead. Could have saved a few bucks or two.

It's just a kidney. Your body has got like four of them I think.

Your average body has 2 though some do have more.Its the way it was taken from the body that has caused this kid problems.I knew a guy who donated a kidney to his brother and apparently the one donating the kidney has the longest recovery time from the operation-so he said anyway.

Gave his kidney for an iPad. I can understand that feeling of want but your kidney. FML lol