Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA's Alien Contact Scenario

Still Waters

Extraterrestrial beings monitoring Earth might view changes in our atmosphere as symptomatic of a a self-destructing civilization and take drastic action to keep us from becoming a more serious threat, according to a highly speculative scenario developed last year by scientists at NASA and Penn State University.

Shawn Domagal-Goldman of NASA's Planetary Science Division and his colleagues developed scenarios that could unfold in the aftermath of a close encounter, to help humanity "prepare for actual contact".

Their report, Would Contact with Extraterrestrials Benefit or Harm Humanity? A Scenario Analysis, divides alien contacts into three broad categories: beneficial, neutral or harmful.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hazzard

• DONTEATUS

• ColoradoParanormal

• Still Waters

I especially liked the part about "green" aliens :w00t: Modern parlance gives it a whole new meaning.

Its great to dream we could survive this contact someday,But My money is on the Total destruction of the Human race ,say in thirty min`s or Less so the New Landlords can Move right in and Pillage the entire Planet for there own needs.

As would we do If we make it through the next Two Hundred years !

Or ? We might just leave the next Owners of earth a really nice place sans-Human kind due to we didnt make it past that critical point of Evolution called a Peaceful one with our own kind.

Well who really knows ? Its nice to think that maybe some where out there a Race of Beings are watching us and could take us under there guidance and teach us how to Really Evolve ! :innocent:

Amonmg the doom scenarios is one or two that an encounter with beings from other worlds could actualy HELP us. Imagine if they are NOT the usual grey body big eyes creatures, but infact HUMANS, only slightly more evolved humans? There is a theory that the asteroid that may have wiped out the dinosaurs could hacve blasted materials containing the formula for life out into space, delivering it to other planets like it is theorised small commets may have delivered life to Earth billions of years ago? The formula for human life could have been 'dropped off' on another earth-like planet just a hop away in space terms within our own galaxy, the Milky Way. Perhaps this life could have evolved humans a lot sooner than on Earth, meaning we are slightly more evolved, and better equipped for a peaceful, war free existance?

This would be amazing, making contact with our own kind, not some alien creature that you see in the movies! I know it's silly to quote this tv show, but in the TV series Stargate and Stargate Atlantis, it's all about humans existing on other planets, all at different levels of evolution. Some are less evolved, some much, much more so. I imagine a saga similar to this, and that we are possibly one of the less evolved human civilisations. We could be an empire spanning worlds instead of just one tiny blip on one planet.

Our cousins on other worlds could have access to their full brain potential for example, something we are only just learning, for example with psychic abilities. They may be able to maintain contact with the dead via their more evolved brains, again something which we are only just discovering, and are still in the baby stages, for example clairvoyancy, clairaudinancy, seeing ghosts etc.

It is a fact we don't use all of our brains, so it only stands to reason this may happen with evolutution and may have happened if we do have human cousins on other planets too.

It's a nice thought, and I hope I am proven right one day, it would be wonderful to know we are not alone as a specise as well as a life form. Humans have the ability to reason and to discuss, so it's possible we could work out ways of communicating, trading tech so we could travel across to their worlds, forming intergalactic relations with each other.

This is how I see the whole alien thing anyway. I would like to think the human race is more than just what we have on Earth.

There's only two basic scenarios the "Doom scenarios" and the "Star Trek scenario". Personally, I can't see anyone coming here and wanting to be friends just for giggles. Space travel is a difficult proposition just to say, "Howdy". Naturally, all we'd want is to get our hot little hands on their technology and odds are we'd have nothing of real value to offer them back, so it's a moot point really.

Id say this proves ETs do exisit.

Why would NASA need to go over scenarios like these,if there is no such thing as Aliens ?

Edited by Simbi Laveau

There's only two basic scenarios the "Doom scenarios" and the "Star Trek scenario". Personally, I can't see anyone coming here and wanting to be friends just for giggles. Space travel is a difficult proposition just to say, "Howdy". Naturally, all we'd want is to get our hot little hands on their technology and odds are we'd have nothing of real value to offer them back, so it's a moot point really.

Yes but what if E.T has fingered out how to travel the vastness of space at no effort,no prob,essay ! THey show up hand out our tickets to ride load up a few million of us and Zip off into the Night Sky?

Now that would be an Event ! Then they leave this really Kool Looking Art piece on the White House Lawn,Like in all the Movies. And after a few days of our leading Brains pouring over it. It start to Tick !

TICK TICK TICK you get the Idea ! Were all Toast, and the few Millions were just a DNA bank on what not to breed on th eNext Go around.

Seems like another in a very long line of Global Warming campaigns to me imho. It amazes me they are going to even use ET as a way to spread this garbage. :no:

Seems like another in a very long line of Global Warming campaigns to me imho. It amazes me they are going to even use ET as a way to spread this garbage. :no:

I can see it now,... ET finaly gets here the year 2112, from far far away, and laughs his purple butt of at all the crazy things we used to blame him for.

Edited by Hazzard

Id say this proves ETs do exisit.

I wouldn't.

Being prepared for a possibility isn't the same as being prepared for a probability.

I wouldn't.

Being prepared for a possibility isn't the same as being prepared for a probability.

True. Wishful thinking at its finest,... and I get that. :)

I can see it now,... ET finaly gets here the year 2112, from far far away, and laughs his purple butt of at all the crazy things we used to blame him for.

lol right! :tu: