Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying Green Whale or UFO?

Hi all!

I just came across this article about a "Green UFO" that was witnessed by two independent witnesses, (one of them a state trooper) falling into a lake in Connecticut...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/04/12/mysterious-object-falls-from-connecticut-sky-state-trooper-says/

I think that the smart money would be on a meteor of some description...but surely a meteor wouldn't just drop into the lake?...I would have thought that a meteor would have plunged into the lake at a phenomenal speed and at a pronounced angle?...Also, I thought the witness description of "being the size of a whale" a strange metaphor ?...perhaps this object might be worthy of further investigation by frogmen ..or dredging if possible. After all , meteors are well prized in the scientific community .(specially a whale sized meteor)...and who knows...what else a thorough search could turn up?

Cheers.

GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DBunker

• booNyzarC

• Sir Wearer of Hats

Top Posters In This Topic

What you are asking here bothers me! Are you asking if this is something identified (a flying whale) or a UFO (something unidentified)?

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

What you are asking here bothers me! Are you asking if this is something identified (a flying whale) or a UFO (something unidentified)?

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Stop being boringly pedantic Bunkey!..You know very well what I meant !

BTW..You always claim to be a knowledgeable kind of poster..are you of the opinion that a meteor would simply just drop into the lake?..Or as I suspect, would it be a far more forceful and noticeable event?

Cheers.

Is it possible that a meteor fell and it was nowhere near the lake? Perhaps his point of view was such that when the meteor fell out of view beyond the visible horizon, it just had the appearance of falling into the lake?

After all, if he was a motorist, he was presumably driving at the time which would mean he was probably glancing back and forth between the road and the falling object. He may not have been looking at the object at the moment it passed from view and just assumed that it fell into the lake because when he glanced back it was nowhere to be seen?

And at 2 AM? Hrm... heading home from the pub maybe? I'm just sayin'...

Is it possible that a meteor fell and it was nowhere near the lake? Perhaps his point of view was such that when the meteor fell out of view beyond the visible horizon, it just had the appearance of falling into the lake?

After all, if he was a motorist, he was presumably driving at the time which would mean he was probably glancing back and forth between the road and the falling object. He may not have been looking at the object at the moment it passed from view and just assumed that it fell into the lake because when he glanced back it was nowhere to be seen?

And at 2 AM? Hrm... heading home from the pub maybe? I'm just sayin'...

One of them was apparently a State Trooper - so he was probably on patrol...

(not to say there wasn't perhaps a wee nip involved anyway... j/k)

I agree about the possibilty the object did not land in the lake... Often a 'meteor' or fireball will appear to impact miles closer than it actually does - unless the impact itself was witnessed...

Stop being boringly pedantic Bunkey!..You know very well what I meant !

BTW..You always claim to be a knowledgeable kind of poster..are you of the opinion that a meteor would simply just drop into the lake?..Or as I suspect, would it be a far more forceful and noticeable event?

Cheers.

Sorry for comming of as a grouch..... but Im sick and tired of people saying UFO, when they really mean alien craft.

One of them was apparently a State Trooper - so he was probably on patrol...

(not to say there wasn't perhaps a wee nip involved anyway... j/k)

I agree about the possibilty the object did not land in the lake... Often a 'meteor' or fireball will appear to impact miles closer than it actually does - unless the impact itself was witnessed...

Yes, but the State Trooper was about 10 miles away in Warren and didn't actually see the impact.

I'm open to the possibility that this wasn't a meteor, I just think it is probably the best explanation on the table right now.

Although if we see a green superhero go to work in the near future, we might be able to track it back to this event... :P

Sorry for comming of as a grouch..... but Im sick and tired of people saying UFO, when they really mean alien craft.

Yeah ok buddy!...but in this report,a UFO (unidentified flying/falling object) it will remain until it is (if ever) identified.

And as Boony quite rightly pointed out..who's to say if the 'thing' even went into the lake?

But then, if it were a "whale-sized" meteor that struck dry land..wouldn't there be a mighty explosion...or is that just in science fiction films?

And then again..the point that I was really trying to make was that a meteor travels at approximately 11kms per sec, (or so I read somewhere?) , and off the top of my head..by the size description , I would estimate the 'red-hot meteor' to weigh many tonnes .. in which case if it did career into a lake, then the inpact would surely be spectacular and catastrophic for fish and other wildlife in and around the lake, and surely the resulting aftermath would leave no room for doubt as to what had happened!

On the other hand, and here's your favourite part.. a UFO/USO would likely make only the smallest of wakes and never be seen again ! lol. :innocent:

Cheers.

Yes, but the State Trooper was about 10 miles away in Warren and didn't actually see the impact.

I'm open to the possibility that this wasn't a meteor, I just think it is probably the best explanation on the table right now.

Although if we see a green superhero go to work in the near future, we might be able to track it back to this event... :P

A whale sized Green Lantern Boony? ...Man..he's awsome!! :rofl:

Cheers buddy.

I love that Whale. I'd really like to see him as the next lantern of Sector 2814, he couldn't be worse the Hal ;)