Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do you think a ghost can fall in love?

graybeauty

iv'e read a lot of stories of a human falling in love with a ghost.do you think it is true or posible? or do you have your own experience?

if so i would love to know:) :st:wub:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• Arbitran

• Keel M.

• JGirl

You mean like Rachel Morgan ?

I'd say,since we do not interact with displaced souls,the same way we do another human,I'd say it's not possible.

I mean people fall in love with weird stuff,but this isn't even fully tangible,even if you cam see them easily .

Ghosts,being souls,do know love,as far as I have been taught,but not in the same sense we know it.

No. No they cannot. They don't have nerve growth factor, testosterone, estrogen, dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin or vasopressin moving through thier veins, so they cannot feel love.

Sure. I think so. Love is an emotion. Just like hate. A ghost can haunt someone out of hatred. ( Like haunting your killer out of hate )

So I think it's possible.

Don't know for sure. There are some pretty good arguments on both sides, but Mr. Scratch's makes most sense to me.

I really don't know but I'm thinking they could.

Ya, I think that ghost can fall in love because if they can hate someone then maybe they can also fall in love with someone.

Falling in love is far different from just loving. You love your friends, family, etc., you don't fall in love with them. If we're talking merely expressing a positive emotion vs. a negative one, that's different.

Yes, most definetly.

I've been on an information quest for several years about the topic. My thread located

here was part of that quest. Along the way I have came across dozens of people men and women who have credible accounts of both encounters and long term relationships with spirits. I am still in contact with many of them.

The reason people don't hear about the subject more often is due to its intensely personal nature, societal stigma and the fear of being labled insane. I am under the impression that, and firmly believe that this happens more often than realized because people don't report it.

Here is another website with a subsection on the topic. I am not saying all or most of the accounts are true, there's certainly fiction and mistaken circumstances in (likely) the majority of them but some ring very true, at least many follow the same flow reported by those with actual experience.

There's also Ida Craddock with her heavenly bridegroom. Most of it is a statement of defense against her accusation of societal indecency (She distributed booklets to women stating they don't have to be doormats of abusive husbands and discussed women's monthly cycles) but there's some interesting tid-bits along the way.

I believe that a ghost can become attached to somebody, maybe no so much 'fall in love' unless the love was shared between the ghost and another while the ghost was alive and human. If I were a ghost and had a conscious, I'd tell myself what point is there to fall in love with someone? I'm dead. I guess it's pretty complicated and there's no definite answer. My brain hurts.

Edited by Ghostsstory

Oh yeah, and then they sparkle in the sunlight.

iv'e read a lot of stories of a human falling in love with a ghost.do you think it is true or posible? or do you have your own experience?

if so i would love to know:) :st:wub:

Absolutely. And it works both ways. I happen to have fallen in love with a soul I have never met. She is alive, but I have only met her soul during meditation and in dreams.

even if they could, what's the point? it's not like they can move in and get to know the neighbors

Well like many people before me have said, If they can hate and be sad, why not love?

Well put.

even if they could, what's the point? it's not like they can move in and get to know the neighbors

Perhaps that's where some of their sadness or anger stems from?

Well put.

Perhaps that's where some of their sadness or anger stems from?

you're serious? lol

you're serious? lol

Didn't you ever see Casper? He fell in love with Christina Ricci. If that's not proof of the OP, then I don't know what is...

Didn't you ever see Casper? He fell in love with Christina Ricci. If that's not proof of the OP, then I don't know what is...

Only cuz she's got big ol' well..yanno.

I think it's a bit of wishful thinking to think a ghost has fallen in love with you. Go out and meet real people and join match.com or something. Really. Leave your house.

Only cuz she's got big ol' well..yanno.

I think it's a bit of wishful thinking to think a ghost has fallen in love with you. Go out and meet real people and join match.com or something. Really. Leave your house.

Is that referring to me? I'm not certain.

Is that referring to me? I'm not certain.

Not necessarily. Unless you want it to. Just in general really. Responding to the topic is all. I would have quoted you if I was addressing you specifically because I generally do that. :tu:

Not necessarily. Unless you want it to. Just in general really. Responding to the topic is all. I would have quoted you if I was addressing you specifically because I generally do that. :tu:

Alright then. Just checking.

Alright then. Just checking.

Glad we've sorted that then. :mellow: