Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The universal truth is ease

Arpee

The secret to life is ease.

Everything that we do is for happiness. Our brains are wired to care about others, so, sometimes this becomes happiness for others. Happiness is what happens when things go the way we want them to. Behind the happiness is ease. When life is easy we are happy. When things go the way we want them to, life is easy. When they don't, rhis is failure. Then, we must compensate for our loses. Life becomes more difficult.

Ease is the way of nature.

The leaves of the tree blows in the direction of the wind, and not counter to it.

The raindrops fall in the direction of the wind, and not counter to it.

Life may be complex, but it starts off with a simple formula. At the basis, all different things are created from one simple thing, and that is energy.

The universe takes the way of most ease.

This is the secret to a happy (easier) life. It is to not care about the opinions of others and to not struggle, but to aim for most ease in life.

This is what others call "the path of least resistance".

So why not work on that goal, and when it gets difficult, take a break until you can find ease again?

Why not think thoughts which will bring you most ease, instead of worrying yourself?

Why not buy the tools which makes life most easy, instead of following what is popular?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clarakore

• Arpee

• JGirl

• Rlyeh

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very seductive philosophy, but it doesn't factor in whether the raindrop wants to be part of the ocean.

It's a very seductive philosophy, but it doesn't factor in whether the raindrop wants to be part of the ocean.

But it does realize that it would be the most natural and easiest path to take. Ease feels good.

Although, ease may feel like boredom if you are addicted to the excitement.

Edited by Arpee

I used to find those moments of ease within intense concentration, example being I used to DJ (still do as a hobby)...mainly trance/breakbeat as the speed of beats automatically put me at ease, and i'd get so far into it that everything would almost go silent, I guess it comes from an intense amount of concentration whereby you block all outside influence, those moments sounded silent to me, complete ease with what I was doing...

It's a little harder to do in every day life, due to the hectic nature of life, but seeing myself from almost being slightly to one side of what i'm doing achieves the same aim, i'm guessing that is because you have more time to think, you act less impulsively, it's quieter....hence, easier!

For those of us who dislike stress, challenges, and environments that are not accommodating then this philosophy not only makes sense but is something we do naturally. As a HSP I am starting to learn what conditions I need to thrive.

In a class setting an HSP might do horrible with just the least discouragment but blossom with just a little encouragement. Those who are not HSP would not even be affected by such slight variation and would perform the same regardless.

Certainly there are those who do function well under stress, challenges, and environments which are not the most welcoming. The philosophy presented in the OP would not work for them. They would feel like cowards and regret their lack of trying. We would simply break.

Some will call us cowards but they would lack knowledge that everyone requires different environments to do their best.

Ease would slow down the path of self-development. It's in period of crises that we realize who we really are. A drop of water knows (metaphorically) who she is, she is part of a whole (ocean or whatever), a dead leaf is also part of a whole, in the process of decay and nutrition of earth. It's not the case for human. Although some Utopists often speaks of humanity, human are single cells.

Certainly there are those who do function well under stress, challenges, and environments which are not the most welcoming. The philosophy presented in the OP would not work for them. They would feel like cowards and regret their lack of trying. We would simply break.

Then it is a catch 22 because if you feel like a coward, or if you feel regret, you are NOT following the path of most ease. :tu:

Ease would slow down the path of self-development.

Self development is natural and inevitable. It will happen whether you choose to live in ease or difficulty, just like the leaf will age and crumble whether it allows itself to sway in the wind or not.

It's in period of crises that we realize who we really are.

This is a negative view, and the positive view would be that you can realize you are through your passion in life. I'm taking the natural approach and saying, there is not reason to judge (yourself) when you can just live and stop making things so difficult. Anything that you need to know about yourself will come naturally with time.

Then it is a catch 22 because if you feel like a coward, or if you feel regret, you are NOT following the path of most ease. :tu:

Self development is natural and inevitable. It will happen whether you choose to live in ease or difficulty, just like the leaf will age and crumble whether it allows itself to sway in the wind or not.

This is a negative view, and the positive view would be that you can realize you are through your passion in life. I'm taking the natural approach and saying, there is not reason to judge (yourself) when you can just live and stop making things so difficult. Anything that you need to know about yourself will come naturally with time.

How will you know how you'll react facing fear if you're never in a fearfull situation? Sorry but life is made up of peaceful times when you can reflect on those others wneh life wasn't as peaceful.

What of survival? Dying is so much easier.

For those of us who dislike stress, challenges, and environments that are not accommodating then this philosophy not only makes sense but is something we do naturally. As a HSP I am starting to learn what conditions I need to thrive.

In a class setting an HSP might do horrible with just the least discouragment but blossom with just a little encouragement. Those who are not HSP would not even be affected by such slight variation and would perform the same regardless.

Some will call us cowards but they would lack knowledge that everyone requires different environments to do their best.

i am HSP as well, and it's very refreshing to see that i'm not alone.

i had mentioned HSP (highly sensitive person/people for those who don't know what that is) in this forum a while back to explain many cases of so called esp or psychic abilities, and no one responded to the possibility

The secret to life is ease.

Everything that we do is for happiness. Our brains are wired to care about others, so, sometimes this becomes happiness for others. Happiness is what happens when things go the way we want them to. Behind the happiness is ease. When life is easy we are happy. When things go the way we want them to, life is easy. When they don't, rhis is failure. Then, we must compensate for our loses. Life becomes more difficult.

Ease is the way of nature.

The leaves of the tree blows in the direction of the wind, and not counter to it.

The raindrops fall in the direction of the wind, and not counter to it.

Life may be complex, but it starts off with a simple formula. At the basis, all different things are created from one simple thing, and that is energy.

The universe takes the way of most ease.

This is the secret to a happy (easier) life. It is to not care about the opinions of others and to not struggle, but to aim for most ease in life.

This is what others call "the path of least resistance".

So why not work on that goal, and when it gets difficult, take a break until you can find ease again?

Why not think thoughts which will bring you most ease, instead of worrying yourself?

Why not buy the tools which makes life most easy, instead of following what is popular?

Firstly I like that you are searching and attempting to learn about life A. The easiest path of resistance is a seductive path to a dead end. Next?

How will you know how you'll react facing fear if you're never in a fearfull situation? Sorry but life is made up of peaceful times when you can reflect on those others wneh life wasn't as peaceful.

You won't know how to react, but thanks to the nature of life you won't have to worry about that. You will get the experience which will make these situations EASIER to deal with. The more you do it, the easier it becomes, But that does not mean that you have to sacrifice your feeling of ease when going through such situations. You can learn while feeling ease. If it gets to difficult, just go to a quiet place and relax or take a break. There is always a way for you to regain your natural ease.

What of survival? Dying is so much easier.

For most people, it isn't. They cannot find ease in death. Most people even scared of it.

Firstly I like that you are searching and attempting to learn about life A. The easiest path of resistance is a seductive path to a dead end. Next?

Can you explain more what you mean when you say "a dead end"? I'm not sure what your point is.

For most people, it isn't. They cannot find ease in death. Most people even scared of it.

This isn't about how easy, its about fear. Dying is easy.

Dying is not easy since our prime directive is to stay alive to propagate the species. Going against the prime directive triggers the amygdala making it quite difficult to take your own life. One study I read about revealed those who commit suicide did so because of many factors. Like any illness there are factors which increase your chances of contagion.

Just knowing someone who has committed suicide increases your risks. Someone in your immediate community can also increase your risks. Both can lead to clusters.

Rehearsing the act of suicide, going through the motions even mentally, will increase your chances immensely so that when something later happens to trigger you you can go into automatic mode without thinking and follow through what you have practiced. The risks especially increases then with most who do commit suicide will do so within 15 minutes of such an episode. After that the chances decrease to their previous levels.

Obviously it takes a lot to override our prime directive. Definitely not the path of least resistance. We were meant to experience growth while we live so that is the true path of least resistance.

i am HSP as well, and it's very refreshing to see that i'm not alone.

i had mentioned HSP (highly sensitive person/people for those who don't know what that is) in this forum a while back to explain many cases of so called esp or psychic abilities, and no one responded to the possibility

A very real possibility in explaining some instances of ESP. More research must be done for the mainstream to even be introduced to the concept of HSP so it is not surprising that your suggestion fell on deaf ears.

Edited by Unseelie

Dying is not easy since our prime directive is to stay alive to propagate the species. Going against the prime directive triggers the amygdala making it quite difficult to take your own life. One study I read about revealed those who commit suicide did so because of many factors. Like any illness there are factors which increase your chances of contagion.

Just knowing someone who has committed suicide increases your risks. Someone in your immediate community can also increase your risks. Both can lead to clusters.

Rehearsing the act of suicide, going through the motions even mentally, will increase your chances immensely so that when something later happens to trigger you you can go into automatic mode without thinking and follow through what you have practiced. The risks especially increases then with most who do commit suicide will do so within 15 minutes of such an episode. After that the chances decrease to their previous levels.

Obviously it takes a lot to override our prime directive. Definitely not the path of least resistance. We were meant to experience growth while we live so that is the true path of least resistance.

Sorry, but not eating or drinking is definitely much easier to do than finding food and water.

Sorry, but not eating or drinking is definitely much easier to do than finding food and water.

There's a difference between physical ease and mental ease. The examples given by the OP refer to physical ease, but i'm not sure it was restricted to that. I'd have said the easiest path is that which is mentally easier (not referring to a less intelligent route)...the physical aspect becomes less relevant then.

No, it isn't. The physical symptoms of starvation would not be easy by anyone's definition. Unless you meant skipping one or two meals only but that would not lead to death as is being discussed.

No, it isn't. The physical symptoms of starvation would not be easy by anyone's definition. Unless you meant skipping one or two meals only but that would not lead to death as is being discussed.

No action will always be easier than action.

What is more easier than doing nothing?

Easy doesn't always mean happy.

i agree

i don't think the terms ease or easy are accurate to describe what the OP is suggesting.

easy is not always good or right or helpful either

easy is just easy.

the physical symptoms of starvation require no participation on your part so yes it would be 'easy' to starve. you would not like it that's for sure, but you have to do NOTHING in order for it to happen.

seems you are confusing easy with comfortable.

i think the OP is doing the same to a degree, although if i remember correctly arpee has done this before, using terminology that doesn't relate to his point.

You won't know how to react, but thanks to the nature of life you won't have to worry about that. You will get the experience which will make these situations EASIER to deal with. The more you do it, the easier it becomes, But that does not mean that you have to sacrifice your feeling of ease when going through such situations. You can learn while feeling ease. If it gets to difficult, just go to a quiet place and relax or take a break. There is always a way for you to regain your natural ease.

Can you explain more what you mean when you say "a dead end"? I'm not sure what your point is.

If you research all of the things that make life seemingly easy they are usually a cheating path through life and you will not grow while on this path of "easy street". For instance, inheriting a lot of money will give you all you ever wanted and you will sit on your ass and be waited on and never have to strive to achieve anything. This is just one example. Okay, my point is and this is my opinion only. Achieving goals, such as, financial, education and just life in general needs and I stress the term "needs" to be something accomplished through faith in yourself and hard work or it will mean nothing to you. " Easy Street" is a way to learn nothing worth learning. Striving and working hard toward a goal gives us meaning in every aspect of life you can name.

The purpose of life is a life of purpose. ~Robert Byrne

Edited by Robbie333

ease is also the opposite of disease. I do not think the OP is confusing any terms...

No action will always be easier than action.

What is more easier than doing nothing?

Not taking action and suffering in long slow pain, is not easier than taking simple action to end it.