Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has anyone seen something weird?

Jean8282

I am new here and was wondering what kind of weird things have happened to you.

The weirdest thing that has ever happened to me was when I was a kid, about 9 or 10. I lived in the country in a trailer house. My father was shooting off firewords which scared my dog who was some kind of shepard mix. She was chained up in the back of our trailer where there was two acres of our land that was basically just like a forest, Trees and vines were everywhere and it was pretty thick. Me being a kid felt sorry for her and got into her dog house with her. I was small enough that I could wiggle my way into the back of it, so that was where I was. Eventually my dad went inside and I was getting ready to get out when the back of the dog house lifted up. The dog house, by the way, had a layer of red bricks on the bottom that my father had put there so it would not blow away plus a large dog and a kid. So my point is that the dog house was pretty heavy. My dog started freaking out and struggling to stay in, after a couple seconds I quit trying to push her out because I got scared. I had thought that it was my dad trying to get me out but my dog was, like i said, freaking out so i figured that i should just sit still. So I sat there for about 2 minutes all the while the back of this dog house is being lifted up almost vertically into the air. It then was dropped, hard, back onto the ground. I waited in terror for a couple seconds and then booked it inside. When I went in my father was sitting on the couch watching tv. My father often messed with me but even he could not have made it in fast enough to be on the couch because from the time the dog house was put down to the time I was inside was about 15 to 20 seconds. When I asked him about it he said that it wasnt him. And me knowing my father kept pestering him about it and eventually he got mad and said that he did not do it and to leave him alone about it. Needless to say I never got into the dog house again. To this day I wish I would have gotten out to see what it was that was lifting it. I dont have any idea what it could have been. It could have been something as simple as some guy wanting to hurt me or my dog to something like bigfoot. I soooo hate myself for not even looking to see what it was.

So does any one have something weird like that they want to share?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• keninsc

• Jean8282

• DieChecker

Welcome to the Unexplained Mysteries forums.

I think the weirdest thing that I've ever seen was when I was about 9 or 10 and was walking down a wooded road toward my friends house. We lived in a rural canyon of southern Oregon, with a creek down the center. At the point on the road were I was the road wound up one side of the creek and a cliff was on the other side of the creek. It was evening and I looked off over the creek and saw a stag (deer) standing on the edge of the cliff looking down. It was pure white, like an albino and had a rack of horns that was probably 8 points. I could not believe it and watched it stand there. Then I ran up the road and cross the creek and went around to where the cliff top was. But the stag was gone. Not a sign of it. It was about 200 yards from there to my friends house, but no one had seen it. And as far as I know no one has seen it before or since.

I seem to remember seeing what was possibly a UFO once on that same road also. I came out of the trees and saw a cylinder up in the sky. The size was comparable to a pencil eraser held at arms length. I of course had no idea how far away it was, so can't say how big it was. I think it might very well have been a kite.

Welcome to the Unexplained Mysteries forums.

I think the weirdest thing that I've ever seen was when I was about 9 or 10 and was walking down a wooded road toward my friends house. We lived in a rural canyon of southern Oregon, with a creek down the center. At the point on the road were I was the road wound up one side of the creek and a cliff was on the other side of the creek. It was evening and I looked off over the creek and saw a stag (deer) standing on the edge of the cliff looking down. It was pure white, like an albino and had a rack of horns that was probably 8 points. I could not believe it and watched it stand there. Then I ran up the road and cross the creek and went around to where the cliff top was. But the stag was gone. Not a sign of it. It was about 200 yards from there to my friends house, but no one had seen it. And as far as I know no one has seen it before or since.

I seem to remember seeing what was possibly a UFO once on that same road also. I came out of the trees and saw a cylinder up in the sky. The size was comparable to a pencil eraser held at arms length. I of course had no idea how far away it was, so can't say how big it was. I think it might very well have been a kite.

Cool story about the deer. I used to live near the Seneca Army Depot and they had a population of albino deer that were captive within the Depot's fence and therefore continually interbred. It was pretty cool to see them.

http://www.senecawhitedeer.org/

As for strange things, back when I was in high school, I was driving home one evening and saw a green lighted triangle in the tops of the trees. It was probably 20-30 feet across and looked like it was composed of the big old fashioned Christmas tree lights. I had driven by that spot hundreds of times and never saw it before, nor did I ever see it again.

Yep one night driving home a guy overtook me,he had no lights on,came to a T junction,he indicated left and turned right straight in to a Police car.....duh !!

It was about 3 am as I made my way through the woods, briefly shining my light every so often to light up the blue dots I’d placed on trees to direct me to my stand.

I climbed about 20’ up to my stand, strapped myself in and my gun in and settled for a long winters nap :yes::no: . Before I could get too comfy, I heard a shhhh shhhh, shhhh shhhh. Something heavy was shuffling through the brush towards me. I strained to make out a shape, but couldn’t make out a thing. And wishfully thinking 'Big Buck Big Buck' :clap: I didn't want to shine my light.

It made its way toward me and stopped right at the base of my tree stand and just stood there. I could smell moldy thick rank wet fur and I could hear it shifting its weight back and forth, back and forth, beneath my stand. I figure whatever it was had followed me through the woods.

As it lurked below me, for I’d guess close to 20 minutes, I kept silent and it kept silent as well. The hair on the back of my neck standing up, I picked up my rifle (safety on) and looked down through my scope, but that didn't help.

I have only grabbed for my weapon 3x in the woods on an unknown, and this was one of those times. If I’d have felt it making its way up my tree I would have flashed on my light. But it eventually shuffled off shhhh shhhh, shhhh shhhh.

I never heard it huff or make any vocal sound at all, but am sure it was a bear.

It made for an interesting morning, anyway. I like those kinds of times in the woods.

Edited by QuiteContrary

It was about 3 am as I made my way through the woods, briefly shining my light every so often to light up the blue dots I’d placed on trees to direct me to my stand.

I climbed about 20’ up to my stand, strapped myself in and my gun in and settled for a long winters nap :yes::no: . Before I could get too comfy, I heard a shhhh shhhh, shhhh shhhh. Something heavy was shuffling through the brush towards me. I strained to make out a shape, but couldn’t make out a thing. And wishfully thinking 'Big Buck Big Buck' :clap: I didn't want to shine my light.

It made its way toward me and stopped right at the base of my tree stand and just stood there. I could smell moldy thick rank wet fur and I could hear it shifting its weight back and forth, back and forth, beneath my stand. I figure whatever it was had followed me through the woods.

As it lurked below me, for I’d guess close to 20 minutes, I kept silent and it kept silent as well. The hair on the back of my neck standing up, I picked up my rifle (safety on) and looked down through my scope, but that didn't help.

I have only grabbed for my weapon 3x in the woods on an unknown, and this was one of those times. If I’d have felt it making its way up my tree I would have flashed on my light. But it eventually shuffled off shhhh shhhh, shhhh shhhh.

I never heard it huff or make any vocal sound at all, but am sure it was a bear.

It made for an interesting morning, anyway. I like those kinds of times in the woods.

Awesome story. I would have had to have shined the light though.

Don't Bigfooters claim that bears don't have the dank musty smell associated with squatches?

It was about 3 am as I made my way through the woods, briefly shining my light every so often to light up the blue dots Id placed on trees to direct me to my stand.

I climbed about 20 up to my stand, strapped myself in and my gun in and settled for a long winters nap :yes::no: . Before I could get too comfy, I heard a shhhh shhhh, shhhh shhhh. Something heavy was shuffling through the brush towards me. I strained to make out a shape, but couldnt make out a thing. And wishfully thinking 'Big Buck Big Buck' :clap: I didn't want to shine my light.

As it lurked below me, for Id guess close to 20 minutes, I kept silent and it kept silent as well. The hair on the back of my neck standing up, I picked up my rifle (safety on) and looked down through my scope, but that didn't help.

I have only grabbed for my weapon 3x in the woods on an unknown, and this was one of those times. If Id have felt it making its way up my tree I would have flashed on my light. But it eventually shuffled off shhhh shhhh, shhhh shhhh.

That reminds me of the time I was in Hohenfels, Germany, when I was in the US Army. I was on a manuever and camped in a tent by the HQ setup. I was in my undies and sleeping bag, as it was October/November. When I started hearing snuffling outside the tent and something began poking at the canvas. It ws poking the canvas like 3 feet off the ground, so it was pretty large. All I had was a very dull bayonette and a M16 with blanks. It went all around the tent snuffling and poking the tent, for like 15 minutes. I imagined it was a German Boar, which get to be huge and which the GIs told storys about how someone they knew got chomped on by one. Eventually it went away and I never did see what it was. Other soldiers in the camp reported a 4 foot at the shoulder boar wandering around the camp that night. Scared the hell out of me.

0802-boar.jpg?w=620

Edited by DieChecker

Well i'm sad to say it was only a ufo. Two big orange lights, the first one was going a straight line to the west, then it kinda started going up and then just towards Italy to the south. The other one followed it imminently, in the same pattern as the first one. It was cool, but i want to see something more "cryptozoologicaly" :)

I see something weird every day.

Only because of the fact that I go to walmart on the way home to BS while I wait for traffic to die down.

I see something weird every day.

Only because of the fact that I go to walmart on the way home to BS while I wait for traffic to die down.

lol I live right next to Wal-Mart and you would not believe some of the things i have seen :no:

Don't Bigfooters claim that bears don't have the dank musty smell associated with squatches?

Barrrs smell like honey and blueberries! :P

Edited by QuiteContrary

lol I live right next to Wal-Mart and you would not believe some of the things i have seen :no:

I work as a night shift Security Guard at a resort. I've seen everything from the strange and ridiculous to the horrific and everything in between.

......and you should smell some of these tourist?!? I wear latex gloves and would wear a mask if the Resort would let me. Peeeee-uuuuuuuu!

But like myself, you'll never know that for a fact. I also stopped short of getting a better look (for various reasons). I'd be more apt to take the risks involved in getting a better look now, but I didn't then. So I'll never know for a fact one way or the other what it was I was looking at.

As an avid outdoorsman who spends plenty of time in the big woods, I have only once experienced a sighting. It was unbelievably close to civilization. While returning from small game hunting at Codorus State Park-near Hanover PA, I was driving on a dirt farm road in a semi wooded rural area. I looked into a harvested corn field in late October 2004 and saw a large tawny cat with a very long tail crouched near the woodline. I turned around as quickly as I could to view it again without traveling 30MPH but alas whatever it was I saw was gone.

I don't know what I saw maybe a dog, a large feral cat or a bobcat but I did see something.

Copied from another of my postings.

I'm not sure this can be called "weird," but it did startle me. I was riding my bicycle on a training ride (I used to race bicycles) on a quite, 2-lane country road. All of a sudden, something large flew across the road, just over my head. I had no idea what it was at that instant, and it scared the hell out of me. After a few seconds, I regained my composure and looked back: there was a big wild turkey standing on the shoulder of the road. That was the first wild turkey I had seen; now, I see them quite often.

As an avid outdoorsman who spends plenty of time in the big woods, I have only once experienced a sighting. It was unbelievably close to civilization. While returning from small game hunting at Codorus State Park-near Hanover PA, I was driving on a dirt farm road in a semi wooded rural area. I looked into a harvested corn field in late October 2004 and saw a large tawny cat with a very long tail crouched near the woodline. I turned around as quickly as I could to view it again without traveling 30MPH but alas whatever it was I saw was gone.

I don't know what I saw maybe a dog, a large feral cat or a bobcat but I did see something.

Copied from another of my postings.

Around where I live there have been many reports of people seeing mountain lions/cougars and I know most of them, but no matter how much evidence from foot prints to pictures the fish and game people will not admit that there are any around. And I live in Kansas by the way. That could have been what you saw.

I am new here and was wondering what kind of weird things have happened to you.

The weirdest thing that has ever happened to me was when I was a kid, about 9 or 10. I lived in the country in a trailer house. My father was shooting off firewords which scared my dog who was some kind of shepard mix. She was chained up in the back of our trailer where there was two acres of our land that was basically just like a forest, Trees and vines were everywhere and it was pretty thick. Me being a kid felt sorry for her and got into her dog house with her. I was small enough that I could wiggle my way into the back of it, so that was where I was. Eventually my dad went inside and I was getting ready to get out when the back of the dog house lifted up. The dog house, by the way, had a layer of red bricks on the bottom that my father had put there so it would not blow away plus a large dog and a kid. So my point is that the dog house was pretty heavy. My dog started freaking out and struggling to stay in, after a couple seconds I quit trying to push her out because I got scared. I had thought that it was my dad trying to get me out but my dog was, like i said, freaking out so i figured that i should just sit still. So I sat there for about 2 minutes all the while the back of this dog house is being lifted up almost vertically into the air. It then was dropped, hard, back onto the ground. I waited in terror for a couple seconds and then booked it inside. When I went in my father was sitting on the couch watching tv. My father often messed with me but even he could not have made it in fast enough to be on the couch because from the time the dog house was put down to the time I was inside was about 15 to 20 seconds. When I asked him about it he said that it wasnt him. And me knowing my father kept pestering him about it and eventually he got mad and said that he did not do it and to leave him alone about it. Needless to say I never got into the dog house again. To this day I wish I would have gotten out to see what it was that was lifting it. I dont have any idea what it could have been. It could have been something as simple as some guy wanting to hurt me or my dog to something like bigfoot. I soooo hate myself for not even looking to see what it was.

So does any one have something weird like that they want to share?

So, after this event, you still left the dog chained to the back of the trailer all by itself?......After it went through that terrorizing event?

So, after this event, you still left the dog chained to the back of the trailer all by itself?......After it went through that terrorizing event?

Did you miss the part where this was a nine or ten year old child?

You aren't questioning the validity of the story, for a change, but condemning the actions of a child, who basically had no control of whether an animal should be let loose or not is irresponsible. You know, as well as I do, that some animals are very protective and territorial and a child should never be responsible for them...especially as large as a shepherd.

Did you miss the part where this was a nine or ten year old child?

You aren't questioning the validity of the story, for a change, but condemning the actions of a child, who basically had no control of whether an animal should be let loose or not is irresponsible. You know, as well as I do, that some animals are very protective and territorial and a child should never be responsible for them...especially as large as a shepherd.

Did you miss the part where I was not asking you?

Holy Cow, let the assuming begin...

Not condemning

Not saying he had control or not

Not saying he was irresponsible

Obviously that is how you feel about it....Sorry about that.

And he laid in a small dog house with his dog, hardly doubt the dog would hurt him.

I love Dogs, more than humans actually......So, I just want to know if they left the dog out, or if he tried to get the dog in.....9 or 10, I would be in a major tantrum to my dad to let the dog off the leash......I am not condemning anyone, stop assuming again Michelle.

Why am I explaining this to you, I was not asking you.....You really need to let it go Michelle.........It was a topic over a year ago now, can you drop it?

Pretty simple question really, and a fair one........Either he did, or he did not.

My son let the dogs in and out at 9 years old.

Back to the OP :

Sorry bout that.....

So, did you talk your dad into letting the dog in?......Or did you try to?

Just curious is all....I would have crapped myself wondering if he / she was ok out there alone.....

Edited by Sakari

Did you miss the part where I was not asking you?

I love Dogs, more than humans actually......So, I just want to know if they left the dog out, or if he tried to get the dog in.....9 or 10, I would be in a major tantrum to my dad to let the dog off the leash......I am not condemning anyone, stop assuming again Michelle.

Why am I explaining this to you, I was not asking you.....You really need to let it go Michelle.........It was a topic over a year ago now, can you drop it?

Pretty simple question really, and a fair one........Either he did, or he did not.

My son let the dogs in and out at 9 years old.

Back to the OP :

Sorry bout that.....

So, did you talk your dad into letting the dog in?......Or did you try to?

Just curious is all....I would have crapped myself wondering if he / she was ok out there alone.....

Forgive me for doubting your superiority. If I'm not mistaken, this is an open forum where anyone is allowed to disagree with your highness.

So you were always a pompous little brat?

You can tout your love of animals all you want, Sakari, but I have spent most of my life rescuing them. I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars doing so and spent many sleepless nights nursing them back to health.

Don't even start preaching to me.

perspectivep.jpg

Same words, different perspectives...

......and we all know Sakari is the final word on any subject posted here.

Do like me and use the ignore feature, then you don't have to deal with him.

perspectivep.jpg

Same words, different perspectives...

;)