Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Jesus a Buddhist monk?

Big Bad Voodoo

800px-Ephesus_IchthysCrop.jpg

An early Christian wheel-like ichthys symbol

The Buddhist Wheel of Dhamma

deer_and_dharma_wheel.jpg

1_dharama_wheel_coloring.jpg

A circle is a geometrical figure, that anyone can draw.

I've researched this extensively and Issa as Jesus was a hoax. I can provide sources later but wanted to say this now. In a few hours ill return with some writing and sources if this thread is still kicking.

Please, Is Nikolaj Issa hoax?

Because I read that people say he wasnt in Tibet and India at all yet ha described some things that only person being there can.

Also mention names of people and so on.

A circle is a geometrical figure, that anyone can draw.

Its not just circle. You can call Yin Yang symbol just circle too.

Almost all gnostic documents were written more then 200 years after Jesus's death. Where as the synoptic gospols were all written within 50 years of Jesus's death. Which is the better source material, do you suppose?

Budda performed miracles, perhaps, but so did the Egyptian sorcerers that confronted Moses when he went to beg for the Israelites to be freed. The Bible mentions a sorcerer, Simon, who controlled a lot of Sameria. So, magical ability was not confined to Budda and Jesus.

All gnostic documents are written 200 years after Jesus? :blink: I cant believe this. Did you check this info?

Maybe Gnostic text about JC. Because Book of enoch is written way before Jesus was born for example.

Also Buddha s miracles were like Abrahamic miracles. He walked on water like Jesus. He split water like Moses and so on.

Similarities.

Thank you. I have many other things like this, for my other theses, but this one was far simpler to write out: I have it posted to my wall.

Please share it with us.

History is written by the winners.

Not true. Historians know other side too. Ofcourse there is some gaps in histories but when several sources confirm something... :hmm:

800px-Ephesus_IchthysCrop.jpg

An early Christian wheel-like ichthys symbol

The Buddhist Wheel of Dhamma

deer_and_dharma_wheel.jpg

1_dharama_wheel_coloring.jpg

Well-spotted Melo. I myself have noted this on several occasions. It certainly is interesting.

Please share it with us.

Share which thing?

If I caused any confusion, let me clarify: I have evidence for all of my theses, however it is challenging to write it all out properly here, due to the scope and length of said evidence. I am compiling it all in books for a reason.

Well-spotted Melo. I myself have noted this on several occasions. It certainly is interesting.

Saint Peter's Plaza in Vatican

St%2BPeters%2BSquare.jpg

(I was in a bit of a bad temper, my ex was with me this evening.)

:lol: Alles vergeven en vergeten is: go, en geen zonde meer. (ImTranslator, not me.)

Saint Peter's Plaza in Vatican

St%2BPeters%2BSquare.jpg

Very interesting indeed. It is not a perfect match of course, the Piazza San Pietro being elliptical in shape, and not circular. However, the imagery is striking.

If we're using the Eight Spokes Wheel as proof of a connection then either Jesus and/or Buddha were champions of Chaos according to Micheal Moorcock.

All gnostic documents are written 200 years after Jesus? :blink: I cant believe this. Did you check this info?

Maybe Gnostic text about JC. Because Book of enoch is written way before Jesus was born for example.

Also Buddha s miracles were like Abrahamic miracles. He walked on water like Jesus. He split water like Moses and so on.

Similarities.

I may have been a little overstating things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Gospels

Some are dated mid 2nd century, and some are srgued to be early 2nd century, but the majority of the gnostic Christian gospels are from the 3rd century.

All gnostic Christian gospels are New Testament apocrypha, but not all apocrypha is gnostic. The book of Enoch is not gnostic, but has been judged to not belong with the main body of the New Testment, or Old Testment.

Christian Gnosticism is based on Hidden Mysteries that Jesus supposed taught to some, and told them to keep it to themselves. Some specifically say that Jesus was not a man, but only a spirit, and thus that he could not die. This is a Greek idea, which is the bases of the gnostic thinking. It was a Greek idea that religion should have mysteries, and hidden knowledge. Jesus, in the New Testment, was clear that everyone should be taught everything, as best they could understand. He held back no mysteries.

Regardless, the accepted Gospels are 1st century and the gnostic ones are 2nd and 3rd century and were made up and tagged with names to make people think them legitamit (Another ancient Greek practice).

Jesus wouldn't have preached Christianity if he was a Buddhist.. He would have simply helped people and meditated.

Jesus wouldn't have preached Christianity if he was a Buddhist.. He would have simply helped people and meditated.

Christianity didn't exist for more than three centuries after Jesus died. Jesus simply taught what he deemed to be moral and logical: names weren't put on those teachings for many years.

• 5 months later...

You do realize, Melo, that this theory entirely refutes the gospel message? It is Christ's sacrificial death and resurrection that saves us from eternal damnation when we accept that He was who He said He was. If He did not die on the cross, which is the same message Muslims teach, then Christianity would all be based on a lie. With the exception of John, every other disciple of Jesus died horrible deaths spreading the message that the messiah had come. Would you die a very painful and humiliating death for something you knew was a lie? Perhaps Jesus was in India during His youth, it's possible.

Excuse me but the original gospels, aside from the first writer, were written by liars and there are evidence pointing toward that. :)

Secondly the gospels were not written by the disciples, but the names of the disciples were added in at a far later date by the church for political brainwashing purposes, also lies. :D

Finally the last point I want to make is that, I assume as a human being you never believed anything that could of been wrong. Dude, you're amazing! We should be worshiping yo ass, man with omniscience. ^_~

Think before you speak lies. We have enough bull causing hate and destruction in the world already. I know you're christian because you "feel it" and you're too selfish to not stroke your own ego. I know you're christian cus of the promised personal rewards as well as the knowledge that your enemies, those who disagree with you, will suffer forever and you can enjoy their pain. I know you're a horrible selfish jerk, but do realize that reality is a shared experience and admit that to yourself. Stop hurting the gays, stop hurting the people who disagree with your bull, and stop hurting people in general about how they want to live their life, at least not without a damn good reason. Reality is a shared experience and you're messing it up for everyone. If you don't believe me, just please stop and think for one moment - what are you sacrificing for the greater good? AKA what are your justifications when you do stuff like vote against gay marriage and other things like destroying the separation of church and state. I'd just like you to know that I'm calling bull on your beliefs by betting that you have absolutely no good reason aside from your feelings, causing you to be a believer. As a result you're just making excuses to satisfy your actions of selfish discrimination and hate.

Edited by blazearmoru

As opposed to what he did do which was .... well help people and offer often cryptic comments.

Excuse me but the original gospels, aside from the first writer, were written by liars and there are evidence pointing toward that. :)

Secondly the gospels were not written by the disciples, but the names of the disciples were added in at a far later date by the church for political brainwashing purposes, also lies. :D

Finally the last point I want to make is that, I assume as a human being you never believed anything that could of been wrong. Dude, you're amazing! We should be worshiping yo ass, man with omniscience. ^_~

Think before you speak lies. We have enough bull causing hate and destruction in the world already. I know you're christian because you "feel it" and you're too selfish to not stroke your own ego. I know you're christian cus of the promised personal rewards as well as the knowledge that your enemies, those who disagree with you, will suffer forever and you can enjoy their pain. I know you're a horrible selfish jerk, but do realize that reality is a shared experience and admit that to yourself. Stop hurting the gays, stop hurting the people who disagree with your bull, and stop hurting people in general about how they want to live their life, at least not without a damn good reason. Reality is a shared experience and you're messing it up for everyone. If you don't believe me, just please stop and think for one moment - what are you sacrificing for the greater good? AKA what are your justifications when you do stuff like vote against gay marriage and other things like destroying the separation of church and state. I'd just like you to know that I'm calling bull on your beliefs by betting that you have absolutely no good reason aside from your feelings, causing you to be a believer. As a result you're just making excuses to satisfy your actions of selfish discrimination and hate.

I realize you're new to UM, blazearmoru, but when addressing someone's post, do not attack the poster personally. Engage and debate him or her on the points he or she is making.

The fact that the post to which you're replying is already half a year old, could almost be taken as flaming.

In all sincerity, welcome to UM. I'm glad you're here. I hope you continue to post, but please maintain a civil demeanor. :tu:

There were you?

No? Well in that case you're working from the same position as the rest of us, which is to say (and this is something freely admitted by the Catholic Church) "that the Gospels are transcriptions, not first hand accounts", transcriptions of first hand accounts is the held belief, but there is tonnes of room for manipulation during the transcription.

know you're a horrible selfish jerk, but do realize that reality is a shared experience and admit that to yourself. Stop hurting the gays, stop hurting the people who disagree with your bull, and stop hurting people in general about how they want to live their life, at least not without a damn good reason. Reality is a shared experience and you're messing it up for everyone. If you don't believe me, just please stop and think for one moment - what are you sacrificing for the greater good? AKA what are your justifications when you do stuff like vote against gay marriage and other things like destroying the separation of church and state. I'd just like you to know that I'm calling bull on your beliefs by betting that you have absolutely no good reason aside from your feelings, causing you to be a believer. As a result you're just making excuses to satisfy your actions of selfish discrimination and hate.

I free admit to disagreeing with and then more then I agree with him, but unless you actually know him you can't say he's done any of the things you're saying he has. And that's called libel, which is ever so naughty.

Excuse me but the original gospels, aside from the first writer, were written by liars and there are evidence pointing toward that.

From what I've read all such evidence has been shown to be fraudulent of misrepresented.

Secondly the gospels were not written by the disciples, but the names of the disciples were added in at a far later date by the church for political brainwashing purposes, also lies.

You are probably right that they were not written directly by the apostle in question (Mathew, Mark, Luke and John), but there is very good evidence, and most experts agree, they would have been written during the end of the lifetime of the various apostle. Worse case would be the writing down of a fragmented and oral tradition by a disciple of each of the apostles soon after they died. The various other books (Corintians, Ephesians, etc... ) have likewise been shown to have been passed down from the correct time period. This is all known due to grammer, names and from other supportive information. Experts generally agree that they were written around the right time... Unlike most of the Apocropha, which was written a hundred or more years later by Greek Gnostics.

Think before you speak lies.

Where is your references? Where are your facts coming from? Otherwise we have to assume You are a Liar also!!

We have enough bull causing hate and destruction in the world already.

Well! If you are not a Christian, then it appears that Hate is not limited to Christians. Because you dropped some Hate right here. More then any of the Christian posters put into print.

The event of renouncing the material body and world to join the superlative conciousness called God smacks of Krishna's message in the 'Bhagvad Gita'.Gnostic elements look like they are borrowed from Hindu philosophy and Marcenious was right about the difference in the picture of God painted by the old testament and the one painted by the new testament.According to a theory the Jews were the Yadus or the people of Krishna who migrated after the drowning of Dwarka so Jesus being a Jew inorder to learn the uncorrupted message of the God of old testament could have come to the country of origin of the Jews i.e India and after learning of Krishna and his personality could have affected his perception of God to be different to the one depicted in the old testament.This could be the reason why he didn't disown the old testament but at the same time gave a very different message as well.

I thought Dwarka was supposedly sunk like 5,000 years ago. That would be

Submersion into the Sea

After Krishna left the earth for Vaikuntha,about 36 years after the Mahabharat War (3138 BC), and the major Yadava leaders were killed in disputes among themselves, Arjuna went to Dwarka to bring Krishna's grandsons and the Yadava wives to Hastinapur, to safety. After Arjuna left Dwarka, it was submerged into the sea. Following is the account given by Arjuna, found in the Mahabharata:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarka

That would be like 3000 years before Jesus showed up. So if Hindus moved to Israel from Dwarka, they would have influenced Abraham, not Jesus. Or perhaps Noah, or Adam even, since the Young Earth calendars only go back to 3000 BC.

I thought Dwarka was supposedly sunk like 5,000 years ago. That would be

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarka

That would be like 3000 years before Jesus showed up. So if Hindus moved to Israel from Dwarka, they would have influenced Abraham, not Jesus. Or perhaps Noah, or Adam even, since the Young Earth calendars only go back to 3000 BC.

You confuse Bet Dwarka with the one i am reffering to.But other then that Hindus could have influenced Abraham or Abraham could have had a hindu origin as suggested by the name and Jesus could have come to India and could have been re-influenced by Hindus/buddhists.

You confuse Bet Dwarka with the one i am reffering to.But other then that Hindus could have influenced Abraham or Abraham could have had a hindu origin as suggested by the name and Jesus could have come to India and could have been re-influenced by Hindus/buddhists.

It is the only Drowning of Dwarka that I know about...

Influenced the Hebrews? Sure, but then anyone could have done so, the Chinese, the pro-Europeans, North Africans, Persians, Greeks. Picking one is about as likely as another.

Even with a little study it is easy to learn that the Gnostic ideas of Jesus and God, came out of Greece. After Christian disciples started going there to spread the Good News. There is no history of gnostic style thought in the Hebrew history/religion, and tons of history of gnostic thought in Greece, so that part is very clear. So what you should be asking is if the Greeks were influenced by Hinduism.