Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO-SkINNY BOB Roswell alien fake or real?

MysteryX

So why, exactly, were stuff added to the footage like projector sounds? If it's a genuine alien then that's all that needs to be said and shown.

If the original footage isn't sepia toned and scratched to look "authentic" then why haven't we seen it? The original uploader logically has the unadulterated footage so lets put the word out into the community that we want to see it. Unadulterated. Ideally to prove it's real more Bob. He moves his head and blinks - well so does Pilot from Farscape, Pilot emotes too.

Hey I'm not really trying to convince you that it is real even though I believe it is without any doubt. I'm just pointing out what I know, I cannot answer the things I don't know.

There are countless sightings and UFO activity today happening at a rate never seen before, so from my point of view it won't be long before everyone is convinced they are real.

I'm just trying to help people learn to do better research and to do better critical thinking before they jump to quick judgments. People too often make assessments based emotions first and intellect second or in some cases not at all. Some proof is never good enough for some people no matter how inconvertible. The Obama long form birth certificate forgery is a perfect example.

Most people have lost the ability to see truth at any level if it goes against their personal worldview. It would almost be funny if it were not so sad considering the near future and the worlds current problems. The stupider we become the greater the chance for us to blow ourselves up in the near future. Critical thinking without all the touchy feely emotions clouding our ability to do serious critucal thinking is parmaount when doing all types of research or investigations.

Edited by MysteryX

You said: Projector sounds. They are out of place because the video has the appearances of “footage transferred to video” but the projector sound doesn’t match with this format switch

My response: Ahhh, you're kidding right? This is your expert? Movie cameras do not record the sound of their own mechanisims, not even the ones from 1947. Please are you really serious, everyone knows who is thinking clearly the sound of the projector you hear on the film is the sound of a projector not a camera. The projector sound was added by the uploader, he even says he did that in one of the original short versions of the footage. Cameras do not record projector sounds will they are filming unless of course you just so happen to have a projector playing close to where the camera is filming. ROFL, I find it hard too believe you even posted the projector comment.

You said: The model and movement is too clear, smooth, and polished for the alleged age of the video.

My response: So I guess the Wizard of Oz of 1939 was too smooth for its era to. It was earlier and in color.

You said: The alien isn’t moving his body.

My response: If that is the case then its because your blind. The alien is moving his body, in the first portion of the video the alien leans his body over a full 6-8 inches as he is reaching for something. Shoulders, chest move at least 6 - 8 inches.

You need to fire your expert, he is completly blind and powerfully stupid ..... next.

Oh by the way it is not CGI. If it was a fake (and it is not) then it would be easier to create high tech puppet and then film it with an old camera and then add the aging overlays. One of the moderators mentioned that previously.

However the aging overlays can be detected with the right software. The are not totaly random so they can be detected because they create patterns when applied.

The digital overlay is typical of film to video transphere of old military films being preserved.

Actually, if you reread my post, you will see I never said any one of those things. This is the professional opinion of Leanne Jones (Producer with the British Youth Film Academy), Dave Hughes (BSc Digital Film and 3D Animation), and Richard Allan (Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University). I do not see how your experience trumps theirs, and you have not offerred a single expert who has offered a public opinion to the contrary. In any case, what I had pointed at was your claim than experts in the field say it cannot be done. That as we can see is wrong.

Your opinion is that is not CGI, and again, I do not care what a moderator says unless they can prove better experience than the abovementioned Leanne Jones, Dave Hughes, and Richard Allan. It is not up to me to decide if these people should be fired, they in turn also report to a higher authority who is again again more experienced than you and I tied together and folded over. And no, I most certainly not kidding with names like that lending professional opinion to the determination. What makes you think all of these people know less about the subject than you do? For goodness sakes man, you admit that the projector sound was added by the uploader, and yet still feel the clip is genuine? What was the point in adding the sound?

From what I have learned, if you wanted a CGI expert to do this, it would be in the vicinity of around 10K, however, the person who released the clip is a CGI expert which would mean it is more likely some type of personal project.

• Like 1

Hey I'm not really trying to convince you that it is real even though I believe it is without any doubt. I'm just pointing out what I know, I cannot answer the things I don't know.

I simply do not believe that. You get quite upset at people who do not agree with you.

There are countless sightings and UFO activity today happening at a rate never seen before, so from my point of view it won't be long before everyone is convinced they are real.

Perhaps you should look through archives from the 50's and 60's. Why do you think the majority of threads here revolve around that era?

I'm just trying to help people learn to do better research and to do better critical thinking before they jump to quick judgments. People too often make assessments based emotions first and intellect second or in some cases not at all. Some proof is never good enough for some people no matter how inconvertible. The Obama long form birth certificate forgery is a perfect example.

Most people have lost the ability to see truth at any level if it goes against their personal worldview. It would almost be funny if it were not so sad considering the near future and the worlds current problems. The stupider we become the greater the chance for us to blow ourselves up in the near future. Critical thinking without all the touchy feely emotions clouding our ability to do serious critucal thinking is parmaount when doing all types of research or investigations.

I am personally doing fine without your "help" thanks very much. It is ironic that you should discuss critical thinking yet immediately dismiss experts in the field for your personal opinion. The part about "being able to see the truth" is laughable. Empirical evidence is the benchmark for truth, not imagination.

• Like 1

Most people have lost the ability to see truth at any level if it goes against their personal worldview.

Case in point..

The Obama long form birth certificate forgery is a perfect example.

I simply do not believe that. You get quite upset at people who do not agree with you.

Perhaps you should look through archives from the 50's and 60's. Why do you think the majority of threads here revolve around that era?

I am personally doing fine without your "help" thanks very much. It is ironic that you should discuss critical thinking yet immediately dismiss experts in the field for your personal opinion. The part about "being able to see the truth" is laughable. Empirical evidence is the benchmark for truth, not imagination.

I do get upset from time to time but it is rare and when I do it usally is at disinformation spoken intentionly by a poster.

By the way this is a forum for discussion, if you don't want my input put me on your ignore list, simple problem solved. No point in whinning and besides no one has disproved my points. All they have done is quoted so called experts that are anything but experts. In fact I cannot help but wonder if someone fabricated the article using some experts name. No real expert or even governmental disinformation people would use something so foolish and easily debunked.

Actually, if you reread my post, you will see I never said any one of those things. This is the professional opinion of Leanne Jones (Producer with the British Youth Film Academy), Dave Hughes (BSc Digital Film and 3D Animation), and Richard Allan (Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University). I do not see how your experience trumps theirs, and you have not offerred a single expert who has offered a public opinion to the contrary. In any case, what I had pointed at was your claim than experts in the field say it cannot be done. That as we can see is wrong.

Your opinion is that is not CGI, and again, I do not care what a moderator says unless they can prove better experience than the abovementioned Leanne Jones, Dave Hughes, and Richard Allan. It is not up to me to decide if these people should be fired, they in turn also report to a higher authority who is again again more experienced than you and I tied together and folded over. And no, I most certainly not kidding with names like that lending professional opinion to the determination. What makes you think all of these people know less about the subject than you do? For goodness sakes man, you admit that the projector sound was added by the uploader, and yet still feel the clip is genuine? What was the point in adding the sound?

From what I have learned, if you wanted a CGI expert to do this, it would be in the vicinity of around 10K, however, the person who released the clip is a CGI expert which would mean it is more likely some type of personal project.

I already debunked the experts, you did not respond to that so I will just leave it here until you do. Also these experts you have so much faith in, how is it you cannot see that in this case you have been duped by them? Projector sounds .... please spare me more about these particular experts.

Case in point..

The 3 word post, case and point.

Are you talking about my Obama comment? Case and point is right, if you have really seen all the proof on this file objectively then it is case and point for sure. If you are still going by your worldview or how you like Obama over the facts already proven then you are sunk.

What most here do not understand is this, it really does not matter anymore its already a done deal and there is no fixing what is coming upon the world this year and for the next 7 -9 years, but I will save that for another thread. I will say the reason it is going to happen is the same reason for most of the world's problems, lack of facts, lack of desire to know the facts, faulty worldview, greed, ego and so forth. The same thing you see on CNN FOX BBC and this forum and every forum everyday. Most people could care less about their world until their freedom is taken away. So America and the rest of the world don't have long to wait, and for most by the time it happens, (very quickly) there will be no time to stop it or change it.

In fact even this thread is almost a waste of time except for the hope of possibly helping just one be more ready and better prepared, especially when all the surviving experts will be hiding in bomb shelters in the near future. The truth about this video is key to understanding all truth really. The video seems silly at first glance and possibly fake, but the more you dig they more the truth about it comes out. But you have to get rid of your bais and personal world view when investigating. You also have to learn enough to know if your expert is telling you crap. The projector example previously given is a perfect example of that. The poster did not realize how stupid and wrong the expert's claim was along with their other claims, so the poster quoted these so called experts.

I glad it happened however, it shows how stupid or complacent most posters and readers have become.

Edited by MysteryX

I do get upset from time to time but it is rare and when I do it usally is at disinformation spoken intentionly by a poster.

You have not expressed such in this thread at all.

No disinformation has been spread, good God man, you are such a drama queen! Opinions from people with more experience than you have have been presented. People mentioned who come from places like Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University are not Government agents trying to stifle you. You have not debunked anything, all you have done is show an extreme level of paranoia.

By the way this is a forum for discussion, if you don't want my input put me on your ignore list, simple problem solved. No point in whinning and besides no one has disproved my points. All they have done is quoted so called experts that are anything but experts. In fact I cannot help but wonder if someone fabricated the article using some experts name. No real expert or even governmental disinformation people would use something so foolish and easily debunked.

That is right this is a forum for discussion, not a place where you post something and allow no comments that you do not agree with. That would be called a blog, and perhaps the best place for such a narrow minded view where you are not engaging many people who visit daily, but the fringe crackpots who thrive om searching out such unsubstantiated paranoid nonsense. You only beef is that people with better qualification have outdone you already, and it seems you had no idea this had happened. Perhaps you have been embarrassed by the realisation that experts have viewed the film, and they do not at all say it is impossible like you claimed. Which expert made that claim by the way? I offered links to back my assertions, where were yours again? Ohh that's right, None exist. You debunked people with University qualifications all by your self didn't you ;) Ohh yes, soooo convincing.

But thanks for that advice, it is sound, I shall stick you in ignore eventually, because that is what you do to participants in threads, ignore their input and make your self righteous view the only one allowed. And you whine when people have an opposing view. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

Actually not the case but I imagine his eye lashes and eye lids when he blinks must have cost 20,000 dollars or more if it is a fake.

All that detail that you can only see unless you go full screen and then they film it in black in white, .... right.

You can't be serious? 20,000$????? Why does it have to cost anything?

I have said this many many times on this forum and I will say it again. How the hell can anyone with eyes say that this is anything other than CGI? I could tell 2 seconds into the clip. Time after time people post stuff like this and claim its real when after watching just 5 seconds of the clip it becomes apparent it's CGI. It boggles the mind to think that there are people walking the earth who an be so easily duped.

What is it, 2 seconds or 5? SHEESH!! <_<

j/k :P

You have not expressed such in this thread at all.

No disinformation has been spread, good God man, you are such a drama queen! Opinions from people with more experience than you have have been presented. People mentioned who come from places like Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University are not Government agents trying to stifle you. You have not debunked anything, all you have done is show an extreme level of paranoia.

That is right this is a forum for discussion, not a place where you post something and allow no comments that you do not agree with. That would be called a blog, and perhaps the best place for such a narrow minded view where you are not engaging many people who visit daily, but the fringe crackpots who thrive om searching out such unsubstantiated paranoid nonsense. You only beef is that people with better qualification have outdone you already, and it seems you had no idea this had happened. Perhaps you have been embarrassed by the realisation that experts have viewed the film, and they do not at all say it is impossible like you claimed. Which expert made that claim by the way? I offered links to back my assertions, where were yours again? Ohh that's right, None exist. You debunked people with University qualifications all by your self didn't you ;) Ohh yes, soooo convincing.

But thanks for that advice, it is sound, I shall stick you in ignore eventually, because that is what you do to participants in threads, ignore their input and make your self righteous view the only one allowed. And you whine when people have an opposing view. Good luck with that.

Contradictive much? You seem to be very cynical, when you also seem to be supposedly in the know and content. Kinda messy IMHO. :rofl:

This was totally a joke psyche, I hope you knew that!! I couldn't agree with you more. The reason why I've inserted my sense of humor in this thread, as well as BIG D! LOL

Edited by Mentalcase

Seriously though, Psyche has offered the best input in this thread. There really isn't much of an argument. This case was put to bed years ago. Try to keep up Mystery X! :alien:

Contradictive much? You seem to be very cynical, when you also seem to be supposedly in the know and content. Kinda messy IMHO. :rofl:

This was totally a joke psyche, I hope you knew that!! I couldn't agree with you more. The reason why I've inserted my sense of humor in this thread, as well as BIG D! LOL

What can I say, I am a complicated guy. Most men want only 2 things from life, I want 3.

Damned if I can remember what the other two are now though...................... :rofl:

Cheers

Seriously though, Psyche has offered the best input in this thread. There really isn't much of an argument. This case was put to bed years ago. Try to keep up Mystery X! :alien:

Very kind of you to say. Thank you for recognising my efforts. Made my day :D

What can I say, I am a complicated guy. Most men want only 2 things from life, I want 3.

Damned if I can remember what the other two are now though...................... :rofl:

Cheers

Very kind of you to say. Thank you for recognising my efforts. Made my day :D

Hey no problem! I give credit where it's due!

• Like 1

The 3 word post, case and point.

Are you talking about my Obama comment? Case and point is right, if you have really seen all the proof on this file objectively then it is case and point for sure. If you are still going by your worldview or how you like Obama over the facts already proven then you are sunk.

Do you honestly think that Obama would have been vetted to be President if anything about him was less then kosher?

Anyway - about Bob. Pilot and Rigel and 3/4 of the other aliens made by Jim Henson's company for Farscape. Just as realistic as Bob, more so even as Pilot and Rigel have been seen emoting and interacting with real people.

I usually agree with what your saying, psyche, and this is no different,... Good post, my friend.

I usually agree with what your saying, psyche, and this is no different,... Good post, my friend.

Good point Hazzard ! and psyche101 too ! I think a good many in here want more than the two things in life. Ive lost count with the things I want in life ! So its a known for me to Keep Looking and Keep wanting !

The 'Skinny Bob' alien moves quite smoothly, were this actually filmed on an old 1940s 8mm camera the movement would not be so fluid. IMO this one's a hoax, filmed with a more modern camera and doctored to look vintage 1940s.

I Agree with you on this point. I also wanted to point out, for a lot of the younger people here and even some of the older, Animatronics and Puppets used to be used for ALL special effects in movies. (Looked more real if you ask me) Being everything has gone to CGI, we've forgotten what Puppets actually looked like on film. This is simply really good Puppeteering IMHO.

Why the extremely poor quality footage? If it was important to be filmed 60 years ago then surely it would have been worth using decent quality equipment? Put it this way; there is better footage of the Titanic in 1912! A whopping 36 years before Roswell!

The final telling thing has to be why only a few seconds of footage? Are the hoaxers playing it safe on the basis that less footage makes it harder to debunk?

Z

Edited by zoser

Why the extremely poor quality footage? If it was important to be filmed 60 years ago then surely it would have been worth using decent quality equipment? Put it this way; there is better footage of the Titanic in 1912! A whopping 36 years before Roswell!

The final telling thing has to be why only a few seconds of footage? Are the hoaxers playing it safe on the basis that less footage makes it harder to debunk?

Z

Bingo, we have a winner! :w00t:

Bingo, we have a winner! :w00t:

Don't worry; I'm not moving over to the dark side yet. The force at the moment is firmly with the believers anyway :alien:

Don't worry; I'm not moving over to the dark side yet. The force at the moment is firmly with the believers anyway :alien:

Which is fine. As long as you see the line. Oh my, a rhyme, I seem to do it all the time! :rofl:

Hoax or not, the alien very clearly evolved from a fish on an planet with the same gravity and atmosphere as Earth (requiring exactly the same concentation of oxygen to breathe as we do) almost certainly via small furry mouse and, over long periods of time, apes ..... And did so over exactly the same time span that it took humans to appear on Earth.

What a coincidence!!!!!! Of all the billions of planets in the universe they just happened to come from one identical to Earth and arrive on Earth just as we were at an identical stage of evolution.

Edited by Essan

Do you honestly think that Obama would have been vetted to be President if anything about him was less then kosher?

(Excerpt)

Taking an audacious and shocking angle against the constitutional eligibility mandate, Obama's lawyer, Alexandra Hill, admitted that the image of Obama's birth certificate was a forgery and made the absurd claim that, therefore, it cannot be used as evidence to confirm his lack of natural born citizenship status. Therefore, she argued, it is irrelevant to his placement on the ballot.

(End of Excerpt)

Do you really think you are so gullible you can be duped, My gosh. Was Nixon vetted? Do you believe that corruption does not exist in government even though it occurs everywhere else. By the way this is breaking news as of April 10, 2012. I started a thread on this new information here at this forum if you want to discuss it. Here is the link below.

Obama's lawyer, Alexandra Hill, admitted that the image of Obama's birth certificate was a forgery - | CLICK HERE |

Edited by MysteryX