Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PGF Breakdown

danbell06

I agree (I live in the mid Willamette Valley :tu: ). Very few people I have talked to believe in Bigfoot. Most people laugh at the idea and say something unflattering about silly tourists. :lol:

Hey, your not to far away......Awesome country !

I've heard some pretty vehement complaints from posters on another site that some Footers do scam people out of a lot of money. Sorry but I can't offer more info about it.

I hate:

--the intentional scam

--the "this is science" crap

--the ones who know bigfoot does not exist preaching to others that bigfoot does

--the preying on the gullible and young

--the faked evidence

--the "pay me money and I'll show you a bigfoot experience"

--buy and read my book about real bigfoot facts, and evidence, and encounters

I realize this is just life, and the way of tv and just the way of the world. But I still don't like it, whether they make a penny or not.

And some of these bf proponents are just plain scary and weird. I wonder what else they "enlighten" their followers about.

Sure, there are definitely some "serious" (whatever that means exactly) searchers out there somewhere. But what feeds them? Who pushes them on? Who tells them how important what they are doing is? Who tells them that "yes" they had an encounter? Or, "yes" they did collect bf evidence?

Maybe some are at least doing something beneficial (environmental, ecological, animal wise) in the woods while scouting for Sasquatch? Besides just stifling squashing common sense, critical thinking, science, and screwing with people's weaknesses. :angry: Harumph :angry:

Edited by QuiteContrary

I feel your pain.

This bit I really have a problem with, If anyone can 'guarantee' a bigfoot experience/encounter then why don't we have the solid evidence that footers are always going on about? I can tell you why but I'll just leave the question open. ^_^

Hey, your not to far away......Awesome country !

Same to ya, I love the coast. I usually make the trip to the coast at least 3-4 times a year. :tu:

I've heard some pretty vehement complaints from posters on another site that some Footers do scam people out of a lot of money. Sorry but I can't offer more info about it.

I hate:

--the intentional scam

--the "this is science" crap

--the ones who know bigfoot does not exist preaching to others that bigfoot does

--the preying on the gullible and young

--the faked evidence

--buy and read my book about real bigfoot facts, and evidence, and encounters

I realize this is just life, and the way of tv and just the way of the world. But I still don't like it, whether they make a penny or not.

And some of these bf proponents are just plain scary and weird. I wonder what else they "enlighten" their followers about.

Sure, there are definitely some "serious" (whatever that means exactly) searchers out there somewhere. But what feeds them? Who pushes them on? Who tells them how important what they are doing is? Who tells them that "yes" they had an encounter? Or, "yes" they did collect bf evidence?

Maybe some are at least doing something beneficial (environmental, ecological, animal wise) in the woods while scouting for Sasquatch? Besides just stifling squashing common sense, critical thinking, science, and screwing with people's weaknesses. :angry: Harumph :angry:

I used to feel the same way QC, however years of experience have taught me that people are, by in large, fools begging for someone to separate them from their money. They don't bother to check things out deeper than just the superficial and many have a predisposition for the romantic idea of being around something mythical such as a Bigfoot. This opens the door for someone to swoop in and offer them the experience for a paltry sum and next thing you know they're shelling out bucks to them. Regardless of what you do or how you explain things to them or try to show the flaws and faults in the supposed logic of the believers. It's almost like addiction to a drug, in fact I'm convinced that many of these types get an endorphin rush from it making it a real addiction. That's why people free climb rocks with no safety rope, jump out of perfectly good airplanes or find an orgy to jump into the middle of.............however I rather like orgies myself but that's another thread........on a different BB. LOL!

I feel your pain.

This bit I really have a problem with, If anyone can 'guarantee' a bigfoot experience/encounter then why don't we have the solid evidence that footers are always going on about? I can tell you why but I'll just leave the question open. ^_^

Exactly, they must really check out who gets to go along on their experiences because I hoped by now some skeptic somewhere would have tried to tackle the FLIR image. Or expose these "experiences" somehow.

I can't wait until that happens. That is some bf video I would watch.

Hidden accomplices, GPS, cell phones, recording devices, small cameras, etc nowadays. And as far as lawsuit problems the news does this all the time. Heck establish with footers that you've got activity on your own land.

IDK just blabbering...

I used to feel the same way QC, however years of experience have taught me that people are, by in large, fools begging for someone to separate them from their money. They don't bother to check things out deeper than just the superficial and many have a predisposition for the romantic idea of being around something mythical such as a Bigfoot. This opens the door for someone to swoop in and offer them the experience for a paltry sum and next thing you know they're shelling out bucks to them. Regardless of what you do or how you explain things to them or try to show the flaws and faults in the supposed logic of the believers. It's almost like addiction to a drug, in fact I'm convinced that many of these types get an endorphin rush from it making it a real addiction. That's why people free climb rocks with no safety rope, jump out of perfectly good airplanes or find an orgy to jump into the middle of.............however I rather like orgies myself but that's another thread........on a different BB. LOL!

Yeah, I guess I'd just rather they jumped out of perfectly good airplanes, or dove into the ocean off of perfectly good boats or any number of other things.

But you may have hit on something: Bigfoot Orgies!

So, if you'll excuse me, I have a party to plan. Now, how much to charge? :devil:

Edited by QuiteContrary

I'll have to agree here with you, ken. QC - you make some good points too. The burden lies on both groups - both the enthusiastically gullible, and those exploiting them. As long as there is someone idealistic enough to pay for these "experiences" there will always be a segment of the economy more than happy to deliver. I mean look at these forums. There are people here that will believe in ANYTHING you slap the "paranormal" label on, no questions asked. No matter how ridiculous a story you could come up with - there is SOMEBODY here at UM who will swallow it hook line and sinker. Some are stupid, but the majority just see that "paranormal" label and start salivating. I used to be like that too. I loved this stuff.

Heck establish with footers that you've got activity on your own land.

IDK just blabbering...

Been trying that.....Sent a trail cam pic to BFRO......My Bigfoot suit will be in use this summer, we shall see if anyone bites.......Not joking.:no:

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess I'd just rather they jumped out of perfectly good airplanes, or dove into the ocean off of perfectly good boats or any number of other things.

But you may have hit on something: Bigfoot Orgies!

So, if you'll excuse me, I have a party to plan. Now, how much to charge? :devil:

Oh God no! That would only encourage women not to trim.

I prefer my "Squatch" trimmed.

What? :unsure2:

Been trying that.....Sent a trail cam pic to BFRO......My Bigfoot suit will be in use this summer, we shall see if anyone bites.......Not joking.:no:

Awesome!!! :yes:

I'll have to agree here with you, ken. QC - you make some good points too. The burden lies on both groups - both the enthusiastically gullible, and those exploiting them. As long as there is someone idealistic enough to pay for these "experiences" there will always be a segment of the economy more than happy to deliver. I mean look at these forums. There are people here that will believe in ANYTHING you slap the "paranormal" label on, no questions asked. No matter how ridiculous a story you could come up with - there is SOMEBODY here at UM who will swallow it hook line and sinker. Some are stupid, but the majority just see that "paranormal" label and start salivating. I used to be like that too. I loved this stuff.

Yeah, I just hate the exploiters and those who know better yet take advantage of the hungry and zealot. That's who sucked me in with their "science" and "experts" and "encounters". I realize how this appeals to many. Like you, the subject still appeals to me too, yet you and I can still keep our thinking caps on and enjoy it. :yes: I wish more would/could/should. :)

edit changed "we" to you and I in second last sentence

Edited by QuiteContrary

I was always just sort of indifferent to the whole idea of Bigfoots myself, until my now deceased friend told me about his encounter and I started looking at thing a bit harder. Then I had another friend tell me almost the same story, keep in mind neither of these guys knew the other. I can't say it's totally impossible for an unknown creature to be out, but then the other side of my brain kicks in and says, "Where's the proof Big Boy?". So I'm open to the possibility, but on the other hand, I've seen too many obvious fakes, misrepresentations (I'm being kind on that one)and some stuff that is just whacko put forth by persons who might really need to seek medical attention.

I do find myself looking about for some sort of sign of something that might loosely be considered "Squatchy" and since I'm out any way in the woods enjoying nature, I simply see no harm in looking. However, if I do ever encounter such a creature unless I have some ethical or moral dilemma, I fully intend to take the creature down and deliver the hard evidence. Then I'll allow the pretty groupies access to my newly found cult following. :w00t:

When it comes to Bigfoot - people see what they want to see. This is more of the same. Let's not forget that M.K. Davis was the key figure in one of Bigfootery's most ridiculous claims in recent years - the infamous BIGFOOT MASSACRE AT BLUFF CREEK episode:

Bigfoot Massacre Theorist, John Green & Coverup - It appears, despite the apologies and retirement statements of one-time admired Bigfooter M. K. Davis, he is back at it again.

He is “seeing” things in the various Bluff Creek area films (the Patterson-Gimlin footage and footage that John Green and Rene Dahinden used in their speaking engagements about the event) that few others see. It looks like this may have to be a topic here for a few days to fully reveal the new fantasies now occurring.

Did you know that the “killing field” scenario now involves “Sasquatch skin,” “a bloody leg,” and “baying dogs,” to name a few other incredible items that Davis has pointed out? And John Green now has been pulled into this mess and is being accused of a cover-up of the killing of Bigfoot.

Bigfoot Massacre Mess Ends Decade - All of this earlier this year called for a formal rebuttal from John Green, as frequent readers of Cryptomundo know. Green was placed in the uncomfortable position of defending against rumors that he was involved, in some fashion, with hiding “murders,” despite the fact he was at Bluff Creek in the summer, not the fall (in 1967). And despite the fact that Davis, Paulides, and others are unexplainably seeing red blood and people there that weren’t there.

It is more interesting to follow the trail of the Bigfooters – who supports the claims of Davis (like David Paulides who is a player/promoter in the latest ongoing Bigfoot DNA claims) and who opposes those claims (like the BFRO’s Matt Moneymaker from Finding Bigfoot). There are some big political power-plays going on within the world of Bigfoot Research lately. Definite sides are taking shape - all jostling for a bigger slice of the pie. Who will win? Certainly not science.

Yet Bigfoot will endure within people's hearts and minds because it remains a great story...

Excellent info!

@ danbelle 06, do check out MK Davis and his viewpoint and discoveries etc.

Just like Patty's gate. Footer scientists said her gate cannot be replicated by a human. Then bring in nonfooter scientists and they say her gate can be replicated by human.

I've never seen any signs of skeptical objectivity from MK Davis, that I can think of.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Have you received a response from the BFRO yet? If no one bit here, why would the BFRO? I'm sure they get spoofers all the time.

Yeah, you're trailcam pic(s) are a head scratcher. Why go through all the trouble and expense of making a somewhat convincing costume, just to win a crappy looking costume that pales in comparison? To have a laugh? sell the design? If so, forget about the laughs and sell the design!!!!. By all means repeat the trailcam photo's you have so the costume manufacturers can get an idea of what you have to offer.

If your trailcam pics are not of someone (that you know of) sporting a modified costume, then it sounds like you're on your own on this one.

I'd advise against going in the woods in a Bigfoot suit, you might run up on some redneck who will shoot first then just walk away when he sees you were a guy in a suit.

*Note to self: Always check for trail cams just in case*

Have you received a response from the BFRO yet? If no one bit here, why would the BFRO? I'm sure they get spoofers all the time.

Yeah, you're trailcam pic(s) are a head scratcher. Why go through all the trouble and expense of making a somewhat convincing costume, just to win a crappy looking costume that pales in comparison? To have a laugh? sell the design? If so, forget about the laughs and sell the design!!!!. By all means repeat the trailcam photo's you have so the costume manufacturers can get an idea of what you have to offer.

If your trailcam pics are not of someone (that you know of) sporting a modified costume, then it sounds like you're on your own on this one.

Why would BFRO?....Have you watched not Finding Bigfoot? :)

As for the costume, I have it and am confused a bit by the rest of your reply.

I'd advise against going in the woods in a Bigfoot suit, you might run up on some redneck who will shoot first then just walk away when he sees you were a guy in a suit.

*Note to self: Always check for trail cams just in case*

Trust me, not going to be somewhere where I can get shot....Planning it out, with a quick escape route, and other person (s) there to interfere if need be.I also will not do anything near a road or highway that could cause a accident....Will be more at camp grounds where the tourists are, and away from the local gun toting fools :)

A long distance sighting at a popular place.....Towards a light house. :)

A long distance sighting at a popular place.....Towards a light house. :)

Are you going to make a thread with the details after your 'outing'?

Keep us posted, I'm really interested in how this turns out. :tu:

Are you going to make a thread with the details after your 'outing'?

Keep us posted, I'm really interested in how this turns out. :tu:

I will do my best....Will be August some time.......Undisclosed location :)

Why would BFRO?....Have you watched not Finding Bigfoot? :

lol

Tonight on Finding Bigfoot

The team has recently acquired a startling Sasquatch video from Langlois, Oregon. Join them tonight in Miami, Florida.

With this subject there are always going to be pro vs con debates until there is actual physical proof BF exists.

Physical proof that Biff exists? You will forgive me if I do not hold my breath. How many years do you feel the globe should "hold out" before succumbing to reason? PGF was 45 years ago yet despite the best efforts of anthropologists and all makes and manner of "researches" not a single item has even confirmed an aspect of this film. I also feel this film and the phenomena are only loosely connected at best.

Pro's - Never been debunked, no PGF costume ever been replicated, although i have read that Patterson got the costume made, how could a cowboy afford such a thing?

Been debunked plenty of times by professional Anthropologists, there is just resistance to the overall consensus due to fringe members like Jeff Meldrum. People like Meldrum are the great white hope of the footers.

The suit was $435.00. It has been replicated and in my opinion to a point that is more than convincing. People think Patterson could not have paid for (not that payments meant much to Patterson) or altered the suit due to the earlier comment made by Krantz, who was not aware at the time that Roger Patterson was a qualified leatherworker who kept a full compliment of tools in his shed for hobby purposes. Krantz turned out to be very wrong on this point, but his incorrect claim sticks to this day. Evidences known to date imply strongly that Patterson bought the suit from Phillip Morris and then altered it.

Con's - No bodies, no bones, no hard evidence.

45 years of fruitless searching, no impact on environment, the suit is ridiculed by professional anthropologists who claim it appears to be half man half ape when it should be one or the other, no fossil record nothing at all. Just tales.

I watched a documentary just before called Ancient Aliens And Bigfoot, and i couldn't honestly believe what these, alledged, professionals were trying to say.

Bigfoot is an Alien?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :wacko:

Wow!!!!!! :alien:

Not this guy I hope?

Giorgio_Tsoukalos.jpg

I expect this is just the next phase. Once earth is completely investigated, what then? Biff must come for the stars! Not the first time I have heard the musing, heard it quite a few times over the years. It was only a matter of time before alien crakpots joined up with bigfoot crackpots. Common enemy you see - logic.

All I want is for an amazing piece of PROOF either Fact Or Fiction, then i'll be satisfied. But i highly doubt that any such evidence will ever be presented. Not in my lifetime anyway.

I think there is every chance that an unknown species of ape/human/alien..... (Nah Scrap the last one), could be living in a secluded part of the forest's that are yet to be discovered...

I wish i lived in America or Canada so i could go "Squatchin". (I HATE that word)

If there is an elusive hominid sneaking around the undergrowth, why do you feel it will not be confirmed in your lifetime? I really do not think that forests are quite as secluded as some make out. Not enough to hide an entire species with impressive dimensions.

May I ask what part of the world you are in? We might be able to find a hairy man tale for you to chase if you like ;) Heck I think that is the best way to learn, go look at the "evidences" yourself!

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've seen this guy on "Ancient Aliens", not sure what he's into but he certainly needs to see a hair stylist.

The one thing I've often wonder.....ok, actually several things I've wondered about in regard to the PGF thing. 1). A number of expert filmographers have gone over the film, enhancing it, measuring it and I've see height estimates based on the film that go from 5'-10" to 6'-8". 2). First it was a male Bigfoot, then it was a female, then an adolescent Bigfoot of undetermined sex. 3). Supposedly, the guy who was in the suit came forward and claimed he kept quiet about it for all these year and that he was supposed to get paid $1000.00 for doing the film. He claimed he never got paid.......so why would he have stayed quiet when he didn't get paid? Now almost forty years later come out? 4). Where's the costume? Even if it was a rental, then someone will recognize it or should have and even if it was a home made job it's one of those things that people will find at some point. This really only touches the surface of my questions about the film proper, but these are some of the main ones.

I have to admit, based on the film itself I simply have to go with a fake, but when you start looking into some of the "facts" surrounding the film the only solid fact is that the "Facts" don't seem to add up and create more questions. However, one thing stands out to me. This is the only film that really shows what appears to be an actual creature. You ever notice that everything else is dark or too far away or hidden by trees and foliage or simply just brief, less than a second or two on camera?

There was a fellow who has a picture of what is supposed to be a mother Bigfoot carrying a baby Biggy and as he put it, "......I had a Bigfoot expert verify that this is a mother Bigfoot carrying a baby....." Bigfoot expert? Where does one find such a person? I'm not sure but I think I'm qualified to call myself an expert because I've looked into the subject for over twenty years now.......never actually seen one you understand, but let's not get hung up on semantics, eh?

:unsure2:

• Like 1

Well, I just happen to be a bigfoot expert extroidinaire and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that bigfoot does not exist.

Mike

Why would BFRO?....Have you watched not Finding Bigfoot? :)

Well if you have the real deal, forget the BFRO. Call National Geographic!!! . But if you know for a fact your trail cam pics are someone in a costume, then don't expect a response from anyone. Yeah, I've watched the program, but it's been a while.

All I know is the PGF and "The Legend of Boggy Creek" turned me on to the creature as a kid and resparked my interest later as an adult.

My opinion as an adult is that Patty's "attitude" while walking is just very human. It is not animal like, sensing the air or whats going on around her. Just full speed a head like humans do.