Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grant Wilson to leave Ghost Hunters

Saru

For the one simple fact........THEY DENY FAKING ANYTHING !

They are liars, frauds, and I for one am not into that kind of thing.I know it seems to be the norm in the latest generations, but I was raised to be honest, and make my living by working hard, and fair....You know, making a " honest " living, being honest to others, and expecting the same.

That is my main reason, among numerous smaller reasons, here is one....

People believe them when they say it is real, and they start making teams, and finding ghosts, and telling people they have ghosts or demons in their home or business.

Stupidity breeds stupidity........

Does this answer your question?

And bad actors atop of it all.

In other words, charlatans make terrible ghost busters because they sole purpose is to con the world for television ratings.

I mean, obviously the wide range of "ghost talk" ranging from tender coddling and counseling to insults and threats isnt working! It has yielded zero results for years. Obviously there is something wrong with their system of investigation and/or equipment yet they've indoctrinated a whole new generation of reality paranormal investigation.

Can it be that maybe behind the scenes that maybe Jason was getting tired of the fakery and hence his couldn't give a toss attitude.Somebody wrote in another GH thread that Grant was more prone to fake stuff and i agree.

Yes,the show is pure entertainment but i have to admit i liked the first couple of seasons.Maybe Grant just moved aside so the show could be revamped or refreshed,maybe he will stay on as a silent partner.

We will see.

Edited by shaddow134

Can it be that maybe behind the scenes that maybe Jason was getting tired of the fakery and hence his couldn't give a toss attitude.Somebody wrote in another GH thread that Grant was more prone to fake stuff and i agree.

As if anyone of us know either of them, especially enough to decide what one is " prone " to fake things.....Answer to that....both of them.....No, wait for it...............all of them.

Jason was right there with him, and helping on the jacket pull clip.......

These guys are " best friends ", can not tell me they did not talk before each episode.

As if anyone of us know either of them, especially enough to decide what one is " prone " to fake things.....Answer to that....both of them.....No, wait for it...............all of them.

Jason was right there with him, and helping on the jacket pull clip.......

These guys are " best friends ", can not tell me they did not talk before each episode.

I get what you're saying, but on several occasions I got the impression Jason was annoyed with Grant's acting.

Either way, without Grant it'll be interesting to see who becomes the dedicated person to see interesting things just out of the camera's view and hear things that don't get picked up by the mikes. I also wonder if the person who's bequeathed the fishing line will be contractually obligated to start saying, "What the frig?!?"

I think maybe the entire cast should leave and the whole show wound up,to be honest it has run it's course.

I could be wrong, but with Grant leaving GH, I'm sensing trouble with the wife. Those guys are on the road a good chunk of the year, jetsetting and/or driving all over the US-maybe she got sick of him being gone all the time and decided that she has had enough? He's a great guy-who is never there. It's really not such a far-fetched possibility. Of course I'm only guessing, but if that could possibly be the case-kudos to him for putting his wife and kids before the show.

People speculated the show would not last any longer due to the amount of controversy surrounding the show and its investigators. However; IMO no thanks to the controversy it has gotten more people to watch it. Who's to say he is leaving permanently? He could always say; I changed my mind or did what I had to do and come back. Besides, they'll find another excuse to keep the show going by putting together another find the next ghost hunter. BTW... not a fan of the show at all if you could tell! :)

Why the hell watch if you don't like it ??

I think maybe the entire cast should leave and the whole show wound up,to be honest it has run it's course.

I think the show has conformed to a format that makes the the structure of the show pretty much the same show no matter what happens--its become too commercialized, but when SyFy channel pays the bill they have to deliver what the network wants. I think a lot of people are discouraged with Ghost Hunters because the same format every week. If you want to see a different format-go back to season one or two! Go back to the beginning when the show didn't have a structure, and it wasn't as smooth running; their equipment got lost or Brian Harnois was always getting in trouble for anything, the got called out to places that had people interfering with the investigation. I I think it took them at least until season 3 or four to work out the kinks of the show so that ran smoother. I still anticipate the new episodes, but its always fun to go back to their beginnings to see how they started out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll admit Josh Gates was the most entertaining, yet he tackled every case with energetic undisguised tongue-in-cheek scepticism ... "Today, we are looking for monsters... yeeaahh..."

[/quote

Hi. I have watched Taps from the beginning missing very few episodes, I have never thought it was faked. I have read some of these posts and am reading faked. I know its just a show, but I started watching it because of experiences I had as a young girl to adult. Its real for me and I thought because of what Jason and grant both experienced as children is why they started Taps in the first place. My heart kinda hurts thinking they didn't do it for those reasons. Can you fill me in with the truth as you know them like family?

Yours truly Pamela

I'll admit Josh Gates was the most entertaining, yet he tackled every case with energetic undisguised tongue-in-cheek scepticism ... "Today, we are looking for monsters... yeeaahh..."

[/quote

Hi. I have watched Taps from the beginning missing very few episodes, I have never thought it was faked. I have read some of these posts and am reading faked. I know its just a show, but I started watching it because of experiences I had as a young girl to adult. Its real for me and I thought because of what Jason and grant both experienced as children is why they started Taps in the first place. My heart kinda hurts thinking they didn't do it for those reasons. Can you fill me in with the truth as you know them like family?

Yours truly Pamela

This has been posted hundreds of times, but it is the best, and most obvious of the fakes......There are more.....Sorry about your watching for so many years, I watched the first two seasons myself.....

Anyway, make up your own mind here....

After watching last night's GHI episodes, I see Grant is already doing promos hypeing-up his last episodes and him leaving. So he ( or SYFY ) is milking this for all it's worth.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the producers of the show had Grant do most of the fakery,because appearance and demeanor wise he seems like a really nice,honest,and genuine guy. The show probably thought people would more likely believe something if it happened to him instead of Jason.I'm betting the producers and Jason had a serious talk with Grant concerning ratings and he got suckered into faking things a little but here,a little bit there until things get out of control.I've seen the videos on youtube where it shows that he does a lot more faking that just the jacketpull. The thing is when you have a person who has been pretty honest most of his life,and then have him lie,they're automatically going to fail,because they aren't going to be real skilled at deception. I think he came to terms with lying because he came to realize all "reality" shows are not complete reality with most being heavily scripted so they'll keep the audience from getting bored and thus garner raings.

If he was a single man,with no wife or kids, he may have decided to leave sooner when he realized he'd have to sacrifice any integrity he had left for the show,but he's got a family to feed and he was probably making some darn good money on the show after a while.I'm sure he'd much rather be making a living ghost hunting than working at Rotor Rooter,wouldn't anyone? Now that he's been on the show for a while he's probably got enough money saved,so he can go back to school full time getting a job doing something he really likes,and start making an an honest living :P

Edited by mattryan209

I think the producers of the show had Grant do most of the fakery,because appearance and demeanor wise he seems like a really nice,honest,and genuine guy. The show probably thought people would more likely believe something if it happened to him instead of Jason.I'm betting the producers and Jason had a serious talk with Grant concerning ratings and he got suckered into faking things a little but here,a little bit there until things get out of control.I've seen the videos on youtube where it shows that he does a lot more faking that just the jacketpull. The thing is when you have a person who has been pretty honest most of his life,and then have him lie,they're automatically going to fail,because they aren't going to be real skilled at deception. I think he came to terms with lying because he came to realize all "reality" shows are not complete reality with most being heavily scripted so they'll keep the audience from getting bored and thus garner raings.

If he was a single man,with no wife or kids, he may have decided to leave sooner when he realized he'd have to sacrifice any integrity he had left for the show,but he's got a family to feed and he was probably making some darn good money on the show after a while.I'm sure he'd much rather be making a living ghost hunting than working at Rotor Rooter,wouldn't anyone? Now that he's been on the show for a while he's probably got enough money saved,so he can go back to school full time getting a job doing something he really likes,and start making an an honest living :P

Why do people ( some ) try to defend their actions and make excuses?.........Sound like a bunch of co-dependance or enablers, actually that is what this is......Enablers and co-dependents.

This baffling phenomenon is called enabling, which takes many forms, all of which have the same effect -- allowing the subject to avoid the consequences of his actions. This in turn allows the subject to continue merrily along his (or her) lying ways, secure in the knowledge that no matter how much they screw up, somebody will always be there to rescue them from their mistakes.

A simple description:

Helping is doing something for someone that they are not capable of doing themselves.

Enabling is doing for someone things that they could, and should be doing themselves.

Simply, enabling creates a atmosphere in which the subject can comfortably continue their unacceptable behavior.

In co-dependent relationships, "We need each other," which can be a healthy thing, often covers over "I need you to need me"; this can lead to "I will keep you needy because, if you ever get better, I am afraid that you will leave me." This kind of interaction is grounded in desperation and often spawns abusive and obsessive relationships grounded in neediness and control rather than love and respect.

GH,GA,and other " paranormal groups " are Narcisists.

Narcissists, with their ability to "get others to buy into their vision and help them make it a reality," are natural magnets for the "'co-dependent' ... [with] the tendency to put others' need before their own".[8] Sam Vaknin considered that codependents, as "the Watsons of this world, 'provide the narcissist with an obsequious, unthreatening audience ... the perfect backdrop.'"[9] Among the reciprocally locking interactions of the pair, are the way "the narcissist has an overpowering need to feel important and special, and the co-dependent has a strong need to help others feel that way. ... The narcissist overdoes self-caring and demands it from others, while the co-dependent underdoes or may even do almost no self-caring."[10]

In psychoanalytic terms, the narcissist "who manifests such 'omnipotent' behaviour and who seems to be especially 'independent' exerts an especially fascinating effect on all ... dependent persons ... [who] struggle to participate in the 'omnipotent' narcissist's power"[11]: narcissist and codependent "participate together in a form of an ego-defense system called projective identification."[12]

" those poor guys, the devil made them do it "

Frauds, plain and simple.........Some have been taken by this, and most saw right through it, or do now.....

Break away man, break away.......

Edited by Sakari

I just think he's jumping ship before the "Captain" brings the ship down?

People take this show and many other shows way too seriously. What is on TV is for pure entertainment purposes only.

I've met and worked with "Ghost Hunters" and "Paranormal State". They are not the people they lead people to believe who they are on TV.

• Like 1

Break away man, break away

I haven't watched Ghost Hunters since they first began and were looking in peoples homes trying to "help" people find whats the source of unexplained things happening in their homes.Back then they actually did seem to have a least a modicum of honesty. At first,both Grant and Jason seemed to have honest and direct motives coming from a skeptical point of view. I have probably watched only about 10 videos of Ghost Hunters total with most being in the early days,and I remember them either not finding anything in the homeowners house,or suggesting a possibility though no certainty. Quite frankly I stopped watching back then because it was boring as heck,and it actually weakened my belief in the paranormal.In the early days,every time Jason and Grant submitted possible evidence for Ghostly activity,they submitted a more likely counterclaim with a more natural reason such as problems with the camera,wind,etc.

We can't say what their motives are for sure initially without a shadow of a doubt,but no in the beginning, I don't think they were frauds because if they were they would have been more like Ghost Adventures,Paranormal State where "ghost activity" is bouncing off the charts. These shows are GHost Hunter's competition,and they obviously had t find some way of competing.HMM lets see,what would most people rather see, a show where 2 guys stare in the dark for an hour and nothing happens or 3 scared witless prats led by dramaqueen Zak Bagans who's so scared of his hands shadow in the dark that he thinks its a demonic claw? I've gotta admit they may not be very believable,but they're as funny as hell to watch,.

Now no, I don't take this show too seriously,or any ghost hunting show on tv seriously,one should stop assuming that I need to break away from these shows,since I made a post which made an analysis based on my opinion of the motives of one of the cast members. That was done,as this post is out of sheer boredom,and thats perhaps why I frequent this site so much and can't get my self to "break away" from it because theirs an element of fun in it,though it does seem a tad stale as of late.

Oh, the last ghost hunting show I watched was Ghost Adventures about a year or so ago.I think I'll check out a vid of theirs on youtube right now ,because i could use a good laugh :tu:

Edit,sorry I'm a little slow. You meant break away fro the Narcissist ie> Ghost Hunters and stop being a co-dependent by defending the show or its castmembers. I see no reason to defend them as I admit and it should be obvious to anyone they are frauds.I'm not really defending Grant either,just an analysis as to why he and the show turned to the dark side (ie fraud).You may believe they were frauds in the start,but we have a difference in opinion here,as I don't beleive they weren't obvious frauds in the beginning as I explained

Edited by mattryan209

I haven't watched Ghost Hunters since they first began and were looking in peoples homes trying to "help" people find whats the source of unexplained things happening in their homes.Back then they actually did seem to have a least a modicum of honesty. At first,both Grant and Jason seemed to have honest and direct motives coming from a skeptical point of view. I have probably watched only about 10 videos of Ghost Hunters total with most being in the early days,and I remember them either not finding anything in the homeowners house,or suggesting a possibility though no certainty. Quite frankly I stopped watching back then because it was boring as heck,and it actually weakened my belief in the paranormal.In the early days,every time Jason and Grant submitted possible evidence for Ghostly activity,they submitted a more likely counterclaim with a more natural reason such as problems with the camera,wind,etc.

We can't say what their motives are for sure initially without a shadow of a doubt,but no in the beginning, I don't think they were frauds because if they were they would have been more like Ghost Adventures,Paranormal State where "ghost activity" is bouncing off the charts. These shows are GHost Hunter's competition,and they obviously had t find some way of competing.HMM lets see,what would most people rather see, a show where 2 guys stare in the dark for an hour and nothing happens or 3 scared witless prats led by dramaqueen Zak Bagans who's so scared of his hands shadow in the dark that he thinks its a demonic claw? I've gotta admit they may not be very believable,but they're as funny as hell to watch,.

Now no, I don't take this show too seriously,or any ghost hunting show on tv seriously,one should stop assuming that I need to break away from these shows,since I made a post which made an analysis based on my opinion of the motives of one of the cast members. That was done,as this post is out of sheer boredom,and thats perhaps why I frequent this site so much and can't get my self to "break away" from it because theirs an element of fun in it,though it does seem a tad stale as of late.

Oh, the last ghost hunting show I watched was Ghost Adventures about a year or so ago.I think I'll check out a vid of theirs on youtube right now ,because i could use a good laugh :tu:

Edit,sorry I'm a little slow. You meant break away fro the Narcissist ie> Ghost Hunters and stop being a co-dependent by defending the show or its castmembers. I see no reason to defend them as I admit and it should be obvious to anyone they are frauds.I'm not really defending Grant either,just an analysis as to why he and the show turned to the dark side (ie fraud).You may believe they were frauds in the start,but we have a difference in opinion here,as I don't beleive they weren't obvious frauds in the beginning as I explained

The Black :tu:

The Red :blush:

This baffling phenomenon is called enabling, which takes many forms, all of which have the same effect -- allowing the subject to avoid the consequences of his actions. This in turn allows the subject to continue merrily along his (or her) lying ways, secure in the knowledge that no matter how much they screw up, somebody will always be there to rescue them from their mistakes.

;):P Smile, I am half joking with you....... :)

The Black :tu:

The Red :blush:

;):P Smile, I am half joking with you....... :)

:lol:

No worries I can take jokes.I'm still going to make a defense of that statement because I'm bored :P That part does appear to look like I'm defending Ghost hunters and giving excuses for what they have become. From what I wrote though overall in my last post I'd make a pretty poor defense lawyer defending and rescuing Ghost hunters from their mistakes. My defense would be akin to me saying "My client Grant had never committed a crime for most of his life,but felt he had to in order to support his lifestyle.It all started when he became associated with a legitimate organization that turned into a criminal enterprise out of a necessity to support itself.Grant slowly became persuaded to commit crimes.At first it was petty theft which became grand theft and eventually that turned to murder(jacket pull). My client, with a heavy conscience considered leaving this organization and going back to making an honest living out of unplugging toilets ,but he couldn't get himself to leave because of the money and excitement this organization gave him.People of the courtroom,this man would either be out on the streets or worse,going back to cleaning toilets stopped up with foul smelling excrement. Put yourself in his shoes and consider carefully the circumstances.In closing,,ladies and gentleman of the court, if my client is declared by you not guilty,he has enough money earned from his involvement with this criminal organization to put himself through schooling and go back to making an honest living,and becoming the honest man he once was." I'd probably go to jail and be lose my license to practice law for making a mockery of the court :lol:

In truth I never meant to really defend anybody.I'm really just rambling about my increasingly growing overall lack of faith in humanity in general,and how certain temptations can corrupt people who may have honest. There's been a number of people I've known personally and though very highly of who have sold their honesty,morals, and character to the devil so to speak because of money or similar temptations.I kind of lumped Grant into the same boat as these people It doesn't make these people any less guilty for what they've allowed themselves to become

Geez, I guess I have way too much time on my hands today :blush:

Edited by mattryan209

• 1 month later...

Just watched Grant's final episode last night - been on my DVR for a few weeks.

A quick comment - doesn't the fact that they investigated their own haunted inn somewhat invalidate the entire investigation?

You know, the haunted inn that they bought to turn into a "haunted tourist attraction"?

• Like 1