Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Spider ate a snake for breakfast (video)

Still Waters

Australia has cemented its reputation as the home of the world's most dangerous creepy crawlies with this video of a spider eating a half a metre long snake.

Cairns kite surfer Ant Hadleigh filmed the golden orb spider devouring the brown tree snake in the backyard of a friend's house in Freshwater, Queensland.

He told The Cairns Post: 'I thought it was pretty incredible. A few times the snake managed to get up and attack the spider, and the spider would run back up the web.

'I would have put my money on the snake for sure, especially seeing how big it was.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thalassinus

• pallidin

• tyrant lizard

• Simbi Laveau

Wow. Never knew it was possible. Amazing.

Poor snakes, there was also a feature a while ago showing a baby brown snake getting eaten by a red back spider.

Orb weavers are big, dont muck with me spiders and their web will nearly coat hanger you if your unlucky enough to walk into one. It is strong for spider web.

I heard somewhere that orb weavers cause a lot of deaths due to people (presumably elderly) accidently walking into the web and having a heart attack through fright or fear.

Not for the faint hearted;

http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f181/25554d1225041244-giant-spider-snapped-eating-bird-backyard-golden-orb-weaver.jpg

Poor snakes, there was also a feature a while ago showing a baby brown snake getting eaten by a red back spider.

Orb weavers are big, dont muck with me spiders and their web will nearly coat hanger you if your unlucky enough to walk into one. It is strong for spider web.

I heard somewhere that orb weavers cause a lot of deaths due to people (presumably elderly) accidently walking into the web and having a heart attack through fright or fear.

Not for the faint hearted;

http://www.documenti...-orb-weaver.jpg

i have no idea what possessed me to click on that link.... :'( poor bird

• 1 year later...

A READER of The Cairns Post has snapped an incredible series of images in a Freshwater backyard. Check out our photo gallery.

Michael Serenc

Thursday, April 19, 2012

© The Cairns Post

As a frequent visitor to the beaches and wild rainforests of Cape York, kite surfer Ant Hadleigh thought he had seen it all.

But the Cairns man was in disbelief after witnessing a golden orb spider slowly attempt to eat a brown tree snake at a mate's place in Freshwater yesterday afternoon.

I've seen spiders catching birds ... but snakes ... wow ....

*Snip*

link

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted images