Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth's shift adds a 13th Zodiac sign [merged x2]

SV-001

:w00t:

that's what I always say in any case. I'm (accoring to the traditional way) right at the beginning of Sagiattrius, but i always feel much more strongly like Scorpio next door, which leads me to suspect that there probably must have been some slippage in the dates over time (perhaps because of the procession of the Equinoxes or something :mellow: ), and the traditional dates need adjusting a bit. That's why I don't really see that there's a need to bring in some completely new one, particularly one with a silly name. What is Oph- whatever it was called supposed to be? Leo is the Lion, Siagittrius the Archer and so on, so what's Ophilpothamus supposed to be exactly?

I know I probably haven't spelled Sagtiattrius right. i'd like to see someone who could. :D

The typical sign people go by is just the sun sign, and a full chart of your birth date & time takes into accounts the position of the sun, moon and planets as well. As I understand it, the rest of your chart can affect you as much as your sun sign and in some people the position of some other celestial body can have a bigger impact on you than your sun sign. That may be why you feel like you aren't a Sagittarius (that's the correct spelling, I checked :D) both because your on the cusp and because something else in your chart is somewhat dominant. I'd be interested to see if the moon or a dominant planet was in Scorpio in your chart, that could add to those traits.

Of course, I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt :D

Oh and Ophiuchus is the serpent bearer and usually depicted as a man grasping a snake.

Edited by karmakazi

The typical sign people go by is just the sun sign, and a full chart of your birth date & time takes into accounts the position of the sun, moon and planets as well. As I understand it, the rest of your chart can affect you as much as your sun sign and in some people the position of some other celestial body can have a bigger impact on you than your sun sign. That may be why you feel like you aren't a Sagittarius (that's the correct spelling, I checked :D) both because your on the cusp and because something else in your chart is somewhat dominant. I'd be interested to see if the moon or a dominant planet was in Scorpio in your chart, that could add to those traits.

Of course, I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt :D

Oh and Ophiuchus is the serpent bearer and usually depicted as a man grasping a snake.

You can see your true zodiac Sign here

I used to be Capricorn but now I'm definitely a Sagittarian!

@474400

You cannot compare the New look of Youtube with Astrology.

Astrology represents a whole system of ideas.

This is really very old and has to be replaced by a new one after 2000 years.

It can be a system of 13 Zodiac Signs or anything else. But it has to be based again on Astronomy like it was 2000 years ago.

Youtube is changing looks after months or years of operation and it carries only other peoples data. It is not a philosophy or concept of life.

I liked being capricorn! <_<

Update: Wow I just realized my spelling makes it seem like I'm in the third grade or something.. LOl sorry!

Hmm now i am a Capricorn, i loved being an Aquarius, i did hear a few years back something similar with regards to the 13th sign being called Arachnid and the consensus was that is was placed 1 week end of May to 2 weeks into June. There will always be someone meddling but in my book there will only ever be 12 signs, and there is a very good reason why there is 12 and not 13 or 14, symbolism and perfection, because of the elements and respective houses 12 signs will always work in harmony.

The upcoming Earth-shift has nothing to do with astrology or position of other planets it has to do with the rise in consciousness on a bigger scale than Earth has ever seen before. The last time it happen was when Atlantis was destroyed, this time its going to be the whole earth. Gaia has had enough, she has been raped of her vital resources and if we don't mend our ways she will rid herself of us as she has done many times before. The Earth-shift is bigger than anyone can really imagine, those of you who have ascended and became of service to others and will harm none by words or actions will be allowed to progress to the new Earth that is being prepared at this time. When we die this time we will not be reincarnating here, those of us who still have unresolved issues will be allowed to continue your path somewhere else. The only people who will remain here will be the Elite of the world, they will be made to remain here in 3d world because they are the ones who have caused this to be, they will be the ones trapped not us, those who have ascended will go on to 5th density earth where issues like hunger and want will be a thing of the past. The ones going to the new Earth will be told not to look back,[remember Lots wife in the bible who turned to a pillar of salt after looking back ?]. There is so much more to it than this and I cannot possibly do it justice with the few words.

The upcoming Earth-shift has nothing to do with astrology or position of other planets it has to do with the rise in consciousness on a bigger scale than Earth has ever seen before. The last time it happen was when Atlantis was destroyed, this time its going to be the whole earth. Gaia has had enough, she has been raped of her vital resources and if we don't mend our ways she will rid herself of us as she has done many times before. The Earth-shift is bigger than anyone can really imagine, those of you who have ascended and became of service to others and will harm none by words or actions will be allowed to progress to the new Earth that is being prepared at this time. When we die this time we will not be reincarnating here, those of us who still have unresolved issues will be allowed to continue your path somewhere else. The only people who will remain here will be the Elite of the world, they will be made to remain here in 3d world because they are the ones who have caused this to be, they will be the ones trapped not us, those who have ascended will go on to 5th density earth where issues like hunger and want will be a thing of the past. The ones going to the new Earth will be told not to look back,[remember Lots wife in the bible who turned to a pillar of salt after looking back ?]. There is so much more to it than this and I cannot possibly do it justice with the few words.

The Earth Shift is not upcoming. According to data of Astronomy, It is happening for the last hundrends of thousand years. Our Earth's axis is moving 0,52" degrees per year. Here we are examining its consequences on Astrology.

It is really interesting all this text you wrote but has nothing to do with "Earth's shift adding a 13th Zodiac Sign. Your text is more relevant for a religious approach of the Earth's Shift.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the sign you were born under you keep. The 13th sign is for those born after the earths shift.I was born a Gemini and it fits me, I cant see because of the shift that now I am a Taurus. lol

Update: Wow I just realized my spelling makes it seem like I'm in the third grade or something.. LOl sorry!

Kickass! Now I'm a Scorpio...sweeeeeet...

I believe that the sign you were born under you keep. The 13th sign is for those born after the earths shift.I was born a Gemini and it fits me, I cant see because of the shift that now I am a Taurus. lol

I also believe that you keep the Sign you were born under!

The scientific truth is that you were born under Taurus. You were mistakenly informed by Tropical Astrologers that your are Gemini. In fact you are Taurus. You always were Taurus. Maybe if you try to read your new traits, you'll find a better matching!

I wouldn't be so quick to adopt a new sign see article here.

This article is scientifically wrong. Read this article to find the truth here

First day of Spring = Start of sign Aries, etc. I thought that's how it works.

You SUN sign never changes. Unless, of course, you can modify the planetary postions at the time of your birth. If you're interested in astrology, try calculating your astrology chart. It will be much more informational!

- T

First day of Spring = Start of sign Aries, etc. I thought that's how it works.

No, it doesn't work like this. First day of Spring is 1st of March. If you mean 1st day of Vernal Equinox, this is the 21st of March and it currently lies into Pisces. This day was in Aries 2000 years ago.

You SUN sign never changes. Unless, of course, you can modify the planetary postions at the time of your birth. If you're interested in astrology, try calculating your astrology chart. It will be much more informational!

I agree, your SUN sign never changes. It can be anyone of the 13 Zodiac Signs according to your date of birth. See the table above.

Edited by ancientAstrologer

• 1 month later...

yeah thts wht i heard..though i thought it was for ppl born after 2010

No.

The signs have been out of order regarding the calendar for more than a thousand years.

Hindu astrology has always taken the precession into account. Western has not.

This isn't new. Like I said, factually, it's over a thousand years old.

It's just that most people didn't know it, so the article is written as if this was something new.

Sorry, your astronomical sign was wrong the day you were born. It was wrong for your great-great-great- grandfather the day he was born as well.

Harte

This article is scientifically wrong. Read this article to find the truth here

That garbage has nothing to do with science.

Bah, you shouldn't care unless you're an astrologer. Western astrology is based on dividing the astrological year (stars from aries and ends with pisces) to twelve signs. It's based on an already fixed timeline, which has been divided to 12 (almost) equal parts, even though it takes longer to pass through some constellations (like taurus) than others. What matters is the time that's been already given and the descriptions. Even if you find 10 or 29 more constellations the principle remains the same. In western astrology, at least.

One thing is, most people here say "oh look, this is my new sign!! whoopie, or no I wont accept it". You're probably talking about your sun sign. There's moon, mercury, venus, mars.... all the way to pluto and then chiron and lilith and some centaurs.

The signs themselves are takings of human (and other) characteristics. There's much psychology used in dividing them:

• introvert / extrovert, means inwards / outgoing person. Also divided to feminine / masculine. Air and fire are masculine & extrovert while earth and water signs introvert and feminine.
  • individual (fire & earth) / collective (water & air), subjective (fire & water) / objective (earth & air)
  • leader (cardinal), guard (fixed) and changing (mutable)

The dividence to 12 is out of convenience, 12 can be divided nicely to those kind of classifications. The stars don't necessarily affect our psyche nor we them, but both of us are affected by the same universal energy, which gives our soul (or whatever lies inside us) a form, a color. It's an inner birthmark, but as we can develop our muscles, we can also develop this soul. I don't know why some people don't end up like their signs, progressive horoscope may give an answer to that, even though if you actually look answers from astrology, you shouldn't let yourself be limited by it. Since it's mostly written stuff, and written can be perceived in a plethora of ways. This is why I, when I started to get interested in astrology, red as many different descriptions and classifications of each sign as possible, to get a better picture. It's not some textbook where E=mc2.

And besides, you (and those around you, if you like) define you, not your birth description, whether your birth description is true or not.

How lovely. My new zodiac sign is a snake.

Snake jewelry is sure to make the fundamentalists who dislike me even more pleased with me I am sure.

Still, fashion demands it, lol.

How lovely. My new zodiac sign is a snake.

Snake jewelry is sure to make the fundamentalists who dislike me even more pleased with me I am sure.

Still, fashion demands it, lol.

Try being a scorpion...such a warm and caring symbol....

Try being a scorpion...such a warm and caring symbol....

Well, as I said earlier, I think it seems about right..

that's what I always say in any case. I'm (accoring to the traditional way) right at the beginning of Sagiattrius, but i always feel much more strongly like Scorpio next door, which leads me to suspect that there probably must have been some slippage in the dates over time (perhaps because of the procession of the Equinoxes or something mellow.gif ), and the traditional dates need adjusting a bit.. :D