Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human becoming Shapechangers

Big Bad Voodoo

Recently I read that evolution is actually accelerating, speeding up to 100 times historical levels after agriculture spread.

If that is true what is the reason of it,..., diet?

And will that acceleration end or we will become one day like mythological and science fictional biengs called Shapechangers.

Edited by Melo
  • Like 1

No, I think its the opposite.

A big part of evolution is the selection process, however humans can change the enviroment and use technology to treat those who would normally die without medical intervention.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

Science and medicine is so advanced that any mutation (evolution) would be regarded as a deformation and be treated like so. We are at our final evolutionary state.

Does anyone knows work of dr. Duane Gish? He claim that fossils say No to evoulution.

Also he spoke about jumping evolution. That in theory of evoulution we have huge jumps.

That is contradict with evoulution or isnt?

If I understand evoulution and creation of the world

Molecules evolve to Cell, cells to algae and amoeba, then to polips like starfish, then to fish then to Amphibans like turtles then dinosaurs (who lived 160 millions years on planet?) then mammals, then birds, then apes...

Where it cames Cambrian explosion and what cause it?

And more thing.

We need plants for living because they produce oxygen. Before plants even exists there was no oxygen on earth?

All oxygen was created by plants?

We are at our final evolutionary state.

How do we know that?

No, I think its the opposite.

A big part of evolution is the selection process, however humans can change the enviroment and use technology to treat those who would normally die without medical intervention.

So you think that now we change enviroment not opposite? But again that changed enviroment also must change us.

For example Im sure that things like internet in the end would change us.

Does anyone knows work of dr. Duane Gish? He claim that fossils say No to evoulution.

He also claims the Biblical creation myth is historical fact, and uses the Paluxy River tracks as evidence.

Gish is a fool.

• Like 1

He also claims the Biblical creation myth is historical fact, and uses the Paluxy River tracks as evidence.

Gish is a fool.

What do you say about evoultion jumps?

What cause explosion of life? (Cambrian explosion)

We need plants for living because they produce oxygen. Before plants even exists there was no oxygen on earth?

Is all oxygen created by plants?

Science and medicine is so advanced that any mutation (evolution) would be regarded as a deformation and be treated like so. We are at our final evolutionary state.

Not exactly, I seem to recall reading somewhere that green eyes and red hair is being "bred out" of the genepool because they're recessive traits. That's a form of evolution, unnecessary traits being lost. Also, more and more people are being born without wisdom teeth or (as in my case) those teeth don't fully erupt so don't need to be pulled (thank goodness). Again, subtle changes that accrue over the generations.

Is there any reason you make duplicate threads asking the exact same questions?

• 4 months later...

We don't need to evolve, we keep the disabled alive (whereas before science and medicine they would have died, and only healthy humans lived to evolve) and have technology to aid us in every way. If anything we're going to devolve and die out.

• Like 1

Not exactly, I seem to recall reading somewhere that green eyes and red hair is being "bred out" of the genepool because they're recessive traits. That's a form of evolution, unnecessary traits being lost. Also, more and more people are being born without wisdom teeth or (as in my case) those teeth don't fully erupt so don't need to be pulled (thank goodness). Again, subtle changes that accrue over the generations.

Damn, now I know why some (women) call me a Neanderthal: I have all my 4 wisdom teeth, and they function like normal regular sized molars.

Both my parents have had their wisdom teeth pulled out, myself my two top ones popped out about five years ago and have had no problems with them and no sight of my bottom ones.

Ive also noticed living in Australia that some people who have parents from the UK (or another cold place) with fairer skin tend to have kids with more tanned skin. The parents get sunburnt and those traits get passed on to the children so they are born with skin that can handle sun rays.

Recently I read that evolution is actually accelerating, speeding up to 100 times historical levels after agriculture spread.

And will that acceleration end or we will become one day like mythological and science fictional biengs called Shapechangers.

It's true! Why just this morning I was walking down the street when I turned into the post office.

Ive also noticed living in Australia that some people who have parents from the UK (or another cold place) with fairer skin tend to have kids with more tanned skin. The parents get sunburnt and those traits get passed on to the children so they are born with skin that can handle sun rays.

No, evolution does not work like that. Thats like saying if I cut off my left hand that my children would be born without a left hand, it does not work like that.

In brief;

By jumps in evolution I will assume you are referencing to punctuated equilibrium as a proponent of gradualism. The reality is probably closer to the middle between these two that favoring one of the other.

As for the Cambrian explosion, before this most life was comprised of single or multicellular organisms living in colonies. Once it began to diversify (I imagine due to environmental changes. I do not study this area so I could not tell you) you have many more phyla to leave fossils. Not to mention that fossilization is be no means an easy process.

• Like 1

No, evolution does not work like that. Thats like saying if I cut off my left hand that my children would be born without a left hand, it does not work like that.

Yeah. I think it has been quite well proven that Lamarck's 'Inheritance of Acquired Characteristics' is just not true.

There is no such thing as a "final evolutionary state" unless its the one during which a species becomes extinct.

Gish is a moron, and isn't taken seriously by anyone who knows even the slightest thing about, y'know, science.

I would love to evolve the ability to not be allergic to pollen. (I know, I know,it doesn't happen overnight...but my sinuses wish it were so.)

If evolution "jumps" refer to gaps in the fossil record, then I say it is because not everything that has ever lived and died was fossilized. The vast majority decayed and their elements returned to the cycle and today are a part of those things alive - or petroleum/carbon deposits. That's why petroleum is called fossil fuel, it is the remnants of long since decayed living things.

So...we're looking at a record that is not likely to be complete (only a small percentage of living things are fossilized, it is a rare occurance) and suggesting that anything not represented in the fossil record simply could not have existed? That's quite a leap.

I don't know anything about this Gish person, but from this one concept I can see why the others are saying he's not...useful.

Are you talking about the element of oxygen or the various molecules that contain oxygen? carbon dioxide (CO2), O2 (the breathable one), ozone (O3)

Plants like most living things take in various types of molecules, break them down into components and recombine them into different molecules in order to derive energy from the process in order to fuel the plant's own processes, and then they give off or excrete various molecules. They mostly take in CO2 and give off O2, but that does not mean they are the only source of O2.

So no, plants would not be the only source of oxygen in the universe. I do seem to recall reading at some point that the earth has gone through atmospheric changes in the past, and that at least one or two of those prior atmospheres did not contain any significant amounts of O2.

Edited by karmakazi

and then they give off or excrete various molecules

i'm just taking a note of that, so that's NO to water (because fish *cough* in it) and now a big no to air (coz plants crap it out) :tu:

what i meant to say is, the first oceans probably helped here converting a lot of iron into oxygen..

• Like 1

There is no use in going into it but this is a big part of my beliefs and religion. This being said here is a visual I found on Youtube that can explain it better than me. It is a very personal thing for me. Shape-shifting is called "Skinwalker" here ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeCcCc-eKZM&feature=related

Edited by Robbie333
  • Like 1

The more we know about anything, the more we know about the rest. It's really like a snowball effect.

The more time passes, the greater our awarness is and the more freedom we have. This leads to greater and faster aquirement of new knowledge which expands our awarness et cetera.

But I think that, soon enough, science will have to step out of it's "comfort zone" in order to unlock the most fundamental mysteries of the universe.

Peace.

where did you read this information?

I haven’t recalled that human beings becoming as one of the shapechangers or shifters. There is no way of human being can do this due to genetic make up of an blue print of human body cant handle shifting since the physical body is not made to do that kind of thing. Only thing that changes is the genetic coding that is miss coding has an effect of one or those that carrier genetic defects. Other had dna over the years do some point evolution of to the changes. Even though many people make stories about shiftchangers or other labels linked to that. Melo you can look at the dna profile and history of human evolution and look at other species too on the tables of changes how changes that go on over the years.

where did you read this information?

I need to be clear about something. Shape-shifting is not a physical phenom. It is impossible. Shape-shifting is a spiritual and mental place you can achieve. Have a good day all.