Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

River Monsters

Robbie333

I really like this show and these are real monsters, at least in some eyes. To me, they are wonderful animals but scarey none the less.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pic+of+river+monster&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DdDeTe1VwZ2BB5muvNUK&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1003&bih=589

I've watched it a few times. I was fascinated by the gar allitator, because I had never heard of it before. :rofl:

• 11 months later...

I really like this show and these are real monsters, at least in some eyes. To me, they are wonderful animals but scarey none the less.

http://www.google.co...iw=1003&bih=589

I'm so fed up I don't know what to believe on tv. I have recently been enjoying "River Monsters", (sans its drama) too, but I know I'll soon find out Jeremy Wade is a plumber, it is filmed on a backlot and the fish are rubber. :cry:

I enjoy the show as I've caught plenty of juvenile sharks up to 4' along the southeast US coastline and a couple massive stingrays (~175#) I fortunately wasn't strong enough to pull up above the rays onto the shoreline--they sucker down on the shore. I'd have surely been stung having no idea at the time how to handle one- thirty years ago. I let all my catches go except one. Wade makes my back ache just watching him, but he catches some amazing!!! and new to me giants. It's about all I can find to watch. I can never find America the Wild with Casey Anderson, another "reality" show I'd like to try.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I like the show. I don't like many shows on tv today but I like this one. Wade is well spoken, camera work is good, the settings in which he fishes are places I have always wanted to fish, I am an extremely avid fisherman so the subject matter is right up my alley. All in all a good show, a little dramatic, but not too bad I don't guess. He does catch some freakin giants.

Mike

I love the show but it's given me more things to add to my "List of reasons I don't go into water".

:) I'll go into the ocean if I can see through the water. Ocean doesn't seem to freak me out like fresh water.

Nibs

I love the show but it's given me more things to add to my "List of reasons I don't go into water".

:) I'll go into the ocean if I can see through the water. Ocean doesn't seem to freak me out like fresh water.

Nibs

oo, there are sooo many more things that can kill you in the ocean than freshwater. Besides it's the one you never see that gets you!

Mike

I enjoy this show too. Some of the fish he comes up with are just astounding. He catches known species, which is cool - although at times it is a little dramatic. Its one of those shows that shows how amazing our natural world can be. I appreciate his obvious respect for the creatures as well.

i watched a couple of episodes of it, i enjoyed it, but i found jeremy wade a bit strange :/ :wub:

Best fishing show on TV.

I also think it offers a good insight into the minds of native folks and how they wrap mystical explanations around naturally occuring phenomenon. It wasn't the 200 pound catfish that ate your son, it was Bogo Bogo the rive demon.

That should raise a question for all of those who point to native folklore in their explanatations for things like Bigfoot, Mokele Membe (can never spell that), Skinwalkers, etc.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

Best fishing show on TV.

I also think it offers a good insight into the minds of native folks and how they wrap mystical explanations around naturally occuring phenomenon. It wasn't the 200 pound catfish that ate your son, it was Bogo Bogo the rive demon.

That should raise a question for all of those who point to native folklore in their explanatations for things like Bigfoot, Mokele Membe (can never spell that), Skinwalkers, etc.

I love to get to know the people and geography a bit too. Especially those "off the beaten path".

I used to watch Destination Truth for the same reasons, not for the "boogeymen" but to get a glimpse of other peoples lives and beliefs (and Josh's humor).

But with River Monsters I can avoid the paranormal theatrics.

I love to get to know the people and geography a bit too. Especially those "off the beaten path".

I used to watch Destination Truth for the same reasons, not for the "boogeymen" but to get a glimpse of other peoples lives and beliefs (and Josh's humor).

But with River Monsters I can avoid the paranormal theatrics.

But you've gotta admit there's nothing funnier than Josh tooling on some locals.