Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats Manipulated The 2008 Election

Von Bismarck

Why do I have the distinct feeling that this is less about 2008 and more about finding a preemptive excuse for loosing 2012?

Well reason for losing would be more like it; I can think of only one "real" reason Holder & Co refuse to investigate vote fraud and are avidly suing States with voter ID laws to get them over turned.

Reminds me a saying I once heard it goes something like this;

"Democrats are what happens when parents don't teach their children not to lie, cheat and steal"

Like the Rethugs are so innocent with their voter id laws which is to disenfranchise voters because they cant win an election fairly so they have to resort to shady tactics.

Ha ha ha! That's a good one! Voter ID laws are being put in place to stop the DemocRATS from voting "early and OFTEN"...which is typical Chicago democrat politics...

It cannot cost an individual anything to vote. State picture ID's cost money. Disenfranchises the poor and indigent.

Nibs

No that is just the only excuse they can come up with, they are actually inexpensive, even free for seniors in a majority of States.

What Does A State ID Cost?

Edited by Socio

No that is just the only excuse they can come up with, they are actually inexpensive, even free for seniors in a majority of States.

What Does A State ID Cost?

No, according to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution -

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

When our county went to some all mail ballot elections we faced this as well. The price of a stamp.

Actually, there is a simple solution to it. Most counties issue a voter ID card. In our county there was a fee. This card is NOT considered acceptable ID for voting. :wacko:

All any county or state has to do is issue these cards (for free) as voter ID. In order to register a form of ID is presented.

Nibs

Well reason for losing would be more like it; I can think of only one "real" reason Holder & Co refuse to investigate vote fraud and are avidly suing States with voter ID laws to get them over turned.

Reminds me a saying I once heard it goes something like this;

"Democrats are what happens when parents don't teach their children not to lie, cheat and steal"

I think this quote would be more effective if it said politicians instead of democrats.

• Like 1

No, according to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution -

When our county went to some all mail ballot elections we faced this as well. The price of a stamp.

Actually, there is a simple solution to it. Most counties issue a voter ID card. In our county there was a fee. This card is NOT considered acceptable ID for voting. :wacko:

All any county or state has to do is issue these cards (for free) as voter ID. In order to register a form of ID is presented.

Nibs

The US was not overrun with a huge Democrat supporting illegal immigrant voting block back then either, nor were either party as remotely as corrupt as they are now, thus those voting procedures simply can not be trusted to work anymore.

Edited by Socio

The US was not overrun with a huge Democrat supporting illegal immigrant voting block back then either, nor were either party as remotely as corrupt as they are now, thus those voting procedures simply can not be trusted to work anymore.

I hope you are kidding because this is not even remotely the truth.

Um...

The voting procedures are fine. It's the idiots trying to get around them and find ways to beat them that are the problem.

Most people don't understand or know the actual process and just react to what the idiot press people screech about.

Nibs

I hope you are kidding because this is not even remotely the truth.

Hell no I am not kidding; aside from using ballots from literally millions of dead, ineligible and duplicate voters on registration rolls, it is way to easy to just walk in the front door today and commit vote fraud.

Like these guys they were able to just walk right and get someone else's ballot;

Vote Early and Often: O'Keefe Journalist Offered More Ballots

James O’Keefe and Project Veritas are back for more.

In the aftermath of James O’Keefe’s shock video showing a young white man strolling into a polling place in Washington DC and promptly being offered Attorney General Eric Holder’s ballot, the District of Columbia Board of Elections acted … by condemning O’Keefe.

Now O’Keefe is back, defiant as ever. His new video shows Project Veritas going into poll locations in DC on April 3, being offered ballots for one Ben Jealous; one Bill Maher; and David Brock (Project Veritas says they could not verify whether the David Brock for which they were offered a ballot was the same David Brock as the Media Matters president; they also stated that they could not verify that the Ben Jealous for whom they were offered a ballot was the president and CEO of the NAACP).

It was only when someone asked him for "ID" that they were unable to get a ballot;

The video also depicts Project Veritas going to a polling place and asking about Alicia Menendez, daughter of New Jersey Senator Robert Menendez (D) and a political commentator on MSNBC; a poll worker asks to see ID, preventing Project Veritas from being offered Menendez’s ballot.

No way around it, voter ID's are a must, if we are to expect any kind of fair elections in the US!

Edited by Socio

We totally manipulated it... we voted.:blink:

Hell no I am not kidding; aside from using ballots from literally millions of dead, ineligible and duplicate voters on registration rolls, it is way to easy to just walk in the front door today and commit vote fraud.

Millions?

There is so much work done by the election workers to keep the rolls clean but the job is huge. We use to spend months trying to do this prior to an election.

Like these guys they were able to just walk right and get someone else's ballot;

It was only when someone asked him for "ID" that they were unable to get a ballot;

No way around it, voter ID's are a must, if we are to expect any kind of fair elections in the US!

Like I said, the system isn't bad, the problem is people breaking the law to circumvent it. I agree about the ID's. I just don't think the ID should cost anything.

There is also a difference between getting your hands on extra ballots and actually having that vote count.

Nibs

Oh, and whomever was handing out ballots without verification are also a huge problem.

Nibs

I am just trying to tell you that things are not more corrupt now. They were much more corrupt earlier in our history. Also, all the people in my state who were trying to vote with dead people's IDs were voting republican, so both sides play that game.

Like the Rethugs are so innocent with their voter id laws which is to disenfranchise voters because they cant win an election fairly so they have to resort to shady tactics.

It's not disenfranchising. There only ones complaining are people like you. Poor people don't care. Most of them have id anyway so they can buy cigs and booze and a litany of other common things you need ID for. The problem is I don't want you going to a polling place saying you're me and you don't want me saying I'm you. It's really very simple. When you're electing the leader of the free world you should have to prove who you are. These technicalities 'paying a price' to vote is nonsense. People who have zero concern and ability to have an id likely pay zero attention to politics and dont intend to vote anyway.

Far too easy without id to commit fraud

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/04/james-okeefes-latest-target-eric-holders-ballot/50886/

Also, the disenfranchise spin is just that. See, the repubs simply want to stop fraud. Dems spin that a thousand degrees and yell bigoted discrimination. Now if voter id laws did significantly impact certain people, I would bet that isn't he repubs intention and that proper measures would ensue to remedy th situation. The race and hate cards are so irresponsible. I blame those who play the cards for keeping racism and hate a relevant modern issue. Let it g and it'll go away.

Edited by Is it for real

you should have to prove who you are.

i realize it doesn't mesh with your worldview, but it can be difficult to do that. It is for me and for many others - for a variety of reasons.

i realize it doesn't mesh with your worldview, but it can be difficult to do that. It is for me and for many others - for a variety of reasons.

Why? It's just a simple id. I've had one, a license, since I was 17. Bought(paid for) it myself. I made less than $5/hr then. They were ten bucks then and about the same now.

Why? It's just a simple id. I've had one, a license, since I was 17. Bought(paid for) it myself. I made less than $5/hr then. They were ten bucks then and about the same now.

Because not everyone drives. Not everyone can physically get to the DMV to get a license. Not everyone has or as access to the documentation required to get a license/ID. As you get older, you will understand.

Elections happen every 2 years at the very least. Are you saying that within 720 days, 2 years, there is no possible chance of finding a way to a place that issues id's. Not within 4 years for the big election? If you are bed-ridden I'm sorry to hear that otherwise, what's the deal? You realize as "unfair" as producing an id as it sounds to you don't you realize that it's equally as unfair to the millions and millions of us who want to stop as much fraud as possible?

Elections happen every 2 years at the very least. Are you saying that within 720 days, 2 years, there is no possible chance of finding a way to a place that issues id's. Not within 4 years for the big election? If you are bed-ridden I'm sorry to hear that otherwise, what's the deal? You realize as "unfair" as producing an id as it sounds to you don't you realize that it's equally as unfair to the millions and millions of us who want to stop as much fraud as possible?

I understand what you are saying. But, constitutionally, it cannot COST anyone anything to vote. HAVING to obtain an ID that costs even the smallest amount violates that.

Don't know if you saw it in my earlier post but there is a simple way to solve the problem. The elections offices issue Voter Registration Cards. It's an official card. It's NOT acceptable as ID. It needs to be free and used as an acceptable ID. It's a process already in place.

Nibs

Most states requiring voter ID's are offering free picture ID cards and free transportation to get them. It seems to me that the requirements for ID are pretty lenient...all the way down to using a utility bill to show proof of address with your name on it.

• Like 1

Most states requiring voter ID's are offering free picture ID cards and free transportation to get them. It seems to me that the requirements for ID are pretty lenient...all the way down to using a utility bill to show proof of address with your name on it.

Makes you wonder why it's sucha big deal to Democrats.

Heck, you don't even have to do that to register. According to HAVA, all one needs to do is supply the last four digits of their SSN.

The elections office has to verify all the information provided with the SS office, DMV, State records, etc.

Nibs

I understand what you are saying. But, constitutionally, it cannot COST anyone anything to vote. HAVING to obtain an ID that costs even the smallest amount violates that.

Don't know if you saw it in my earlier post but there is a simple way to solve the problem. The elections offices issue Voter Registration Cards. It's an official card. It's NOT acceptable as ID. It needs to be free and used as an acceptable ID. It's a process already in place.

Nibs

I get the constitutionality. I really do. But the quote below is what I've heard and takes care of the issue. If you really can't afford one there are ways. But those really opposed just won't here of it. Just keep getting a runaround. I'm all about the constitution but some things just make sense.

I get the constitutionality. I really do. But the quote below is what I've heard and takes care of the issue. If you really can't afford one there are ways. But those really opposed just won't here of it. Just keep getting a runaround. I'm all about the constitution but some things just make sense.

Every state needs to supply these ID's. For free. It would make everyone compliant with the Help America Vote Act and not disenfranchise anyone. It's pure stupidity and bullheaded attitudes that prevents it.

It's just stupid.

Nibs

who want to stop as much fraud as possible?

And do you realize there are almost nearly zero proven cases of voter fraud.