Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John of God' cures thousands in Brazil

jugoso

Well I find it interesting

Look at him... loook at him. He is laughing... maniacally.

What is your problem with him making money from the books?

Do you read any books besides the Bible?

Edited by Toadie

What is your problem with him making money from the books?

Do you read any books besides the Bible?

Of course I have, I became a Christian in the 90s. Before that I was a 2nd generation heathen.

What is the best book you have read?

What is the best book you have read?

That is too tough. It all about what mood I am in and what genre I prefer at the moment. Used to read horror and sci-fiction exclusively as a teen with a smattering of fantasy. Then I moved on to more literary works and non-fiction.

I do love 1984 and at one time was my favorite book because I believe it was quite prescient to the snooping government we suffer today. I dont have an exclusive favorite really.

• Like 1

This pretty much speaks for itself

Edited by seishin
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Of course I have, I became a Christian in the 90s. Before that I was a 2nd generation heathen.

You have, but do you still? Thank you.

Science and faith aren't mutually exclusive. Exercise and weight loss cures diabetes, it also takes faith that what you're doing will work so you don't give up. Is it guaranteed? No, but neither is everlasting life. Is it fear of diabetes (or heart disease, cancer, etc) that motivates us to change our lifestyles and save ourselves? Quite possibly. Or it might be a fear of being unattractive. Fear is probably the most powerful motivator there is. Faith in God, even for reasons of self-preservation, isn't fear so much as it's fear replaced by faith. If we remove fear as a motive, or if we discount fear as a legitimate motive because it's inherently selfish, or because it's not up to Godly standards of belief, we remove so much motivation people have to make so many good things happen for themselves and others, I wouldn't have faith anymore that anything would ever get done. ;)

I do not think it's got anything to do with the "less educated" as you put it. When people are sick and dying, they become desperate and will try just about anything to become better again. Nothing to do with being a simpleton or being poor, it's called DESPERATION, remember that word when YOU end up in same place as they are.

IMO it's a bit of both. If you have good health insurance you go to Mayo, if your poor and uneducated you go to your local witch doctor.