Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does it mean?

star.seed

Two days back I've had this dream. It didn't wake me up but as everyone's dreams are it felt almost real. I don't remeber every detail of the dream though. All I remember was I was bitten by a snake on my right hand. In my dream I lying on the floor writhing in pain because of the snake bite. It was burning and I saw my mother there beside me, my head on her lap. I saw the snake slither away, it was a small snake, very thin, and slowly everything faded. Next thing I find myself in a hospital bed, still unconscious, but could hear people talking. In my dream I heard them mention that the snake which bit me was called "Al" something...(I forgot, but it defintely started with the letter B )....through all this I was not scared a bit. Then I woke up...After a few minutes I fell asleep again....then I had a dream that "The Devil" was trying to trick to sell my soul to him....that's all I remember. He was very articulate, assertive. I have had the devil dreams before too so I don't really mind them, but I wanted to know what the snake dream meant because throughout the whole dream, I felt like it was happening for good and felt kind of glad that it was happening which is very unusual.

Edited by star.seed

Sorry star. I dont believe a word of it. There are no snakes in Ireland!

s2977.gif

"Slàinte"

• Like 1

s2977.gif

"Slàinte"

You do realise that I was saying it's was a DREAM, right? and yes I know there are no snakes in Ireland.

You do realise that I was saying it's was a DREAM, right? and yes I know there are no snakes in Ireland.

Hmm, I detect a definite sense of humour fail there! Oh well, some you win....etc.

Edited by ealdwita

Hmm, I detect a definite sense of humour fail there! Oh well, some you win....etc.

GRAND!! Now off I go to celebrate while I drink a pint and riverdance.

GRAND!! Now off I go to celebrate while I drink a pint and riverdance.

Be careful with the riverdance...i always find i sink...

Be careful with the riverdance...i always find i sink...

AHH. don't worry, I shall swim and glide through it!!

A friend of mine has recurring dreams about standing at a tunnel entrance and seeing a pure bright light ?Also about a ghost that has taunted him.He has also flown in his dreams.Is here any logical answers for this ?

A friend of mine has recurring dreams about standing at a tunnel entrance and seeing a pure bright light ?Also about a ghost that has taunted him.He has also flown in his dreams.Is here any logical answers for this ?

Not everything is logical.....

weird tho- hesnot the type to make anything up,jhust relaying this story ovr a fewe beers,tats what at iook for him to tell anyone-major sceptic,non-beleiver anythiung wants proopf.

weird tho- hesnot the type to make anything up,jhust relaying this story ovr a fewe beers,tats what at iook for him to tell anyone-major sceptic,non-beleiver anythiung wants proopf.

not that he's making it up...what we dream about is what goes on in our minds...the sub-conscious part of our minds...

Two days back I've had this dream. It didn't wake me up but as everyone's dreams are it felt almost real. I don't remeber every detail of the dream though. All I remember was I was bitten by a snake on my right hand. In my dream I lying on the floor writhing in pain because of the snake bite. It was burning and I saw my mother there beside me, my head on her lap. I saw the snake slither away, it was a small snake, very thin, and slowly everything faded. Next thing I find myself in a hospital bed, still unconscious, but could hear people talking. In my dream I heard them mention that the snake which bit me was called "Al" something...(I forgot, but it defintely started with the letter B )....through all this I was not scared a bit. Then I woke up...After a few minutes I fell asleep again....then I had a dream that "The Devil" was trying to trick to sell my soul to him....that's all I remember. He was very articulate, assertive. I have had the devil dreams before too so I don't really mind them, but I wanted to know what the snake dream meant because throughout the whole dream, I felt like it was happening for good and felt kind of glad that it was happening which is very unusual.

A lot of people don't believe that we have glimpses of your future in our dreams aka preminitions, if you will. Where as almost everyone has them, that strange feeling of 'Déja Vú' we get, a lot of the time I can guarentee that you dreamnt it and because lets face it its hard to remember dreams, you'd have forgotton about it. Its happened to me a thousand times.

All im saying is that your Irish and no matter what age you maye be your naturally aware of our economic situation. A lot of irish have emmigrated to Oz. Perhaps if you ever travel abroad in the future you maye get bitten by a snake. or perhaps you havea fear of snakes?

As for the devil dreams, you're either fascinated by the Devil or your afraid of him, otherwise I have no idea what it means.

Just my thoughts.

s2977.gif

"Slàinte"

hahaahha, lmfao. I love it!

A logical answer, who knows buddy.My recurring dreams have been a hell of a lot weirder but I too have glided, not flown so much in my dreams. People can claim to intrepret dreams but to be honest if we cant interpret our own dreams than no point in going to a stranger.

not that he's making it up...what we dream about is what goes on in our minds...the sub-conscious part of our minds...

Im no 'dream expert' but I have had a hell of a lot of dreams. Dreams where I have felt pain, pleasure, even tasted stuff, I wont mention what. Liek I said above we're susseptible to Déja Vú. ;)

A lot of people don't believe that we have glimpses of your future in our dreams aka preminitions, if you will. Where as almost everyone has them, that strange feeling of 'Déja Vú' we get, a lot of the time I can guarentee that you dreamnt it and because lets face it its hard to remember dreams, you'd have forgotton about it. Its happened to me a thousand times.

All im saying is that your Irish and no matter what age you maye be your naturally aware of our economic situation. A lot of irish have emmigrated to Oz. Perhaps if you ever travel abroad in the future you maye get bitten by a snake. or perhaps you havea fear of snakes?

As for the devil dreams, you're either fascinated by the Devil or your afraid of him, otherwise I have no idea what it means.

Just my thoughts.

hahaahha, lmfao. I love it!

A logical answer, who knows buddy.My recurring dreams have been a hell of a lot weirder but I too have glided, not flown so much in my dreams. People can claim to intrepret dreams but to be honest if we cant interpret our own dreams than no point in going to a stranger.

Im no 'dream expert' but I have had a hell of a lot of dreams. Dreams where I have felt pain, pleasure, even tasted stuff, I wont mention what. Liek I said above we're susseptible to Déja Vú. ;)

Heya thank you for that explanation, I am not Irish though, I live in Ireland but am not Irish... and weird enough I am not at all scared of snakes. I feel they don't harm people on purpose and are just any other reptilian creature. That doesn't make any sense to many though. :)

• 2 months later...

Heya thank you for that explanation, I am not Irish though, I live in Ireland but am not Irish... and weird enough I am not at all scared of snakes. I feel they don't harm people on purpose and are just any other reptilian creature. That doesn't make any sense to many though. :)

Sorry for the delay, as for the explanation, np.

If you dont mind the asking, where are you from originally?

I don't know a whole lot about snakes and have only been close to one. Im not afraid of them but because I dont know them I dont trust them.

I think we [animals included] allhave one thing in common, if you dont harm us, we wont harm you.

Serpents reduce to primal "energy" that is sexual and egoistic in expression. The hands are subconsciously identified with our ability to DO things.

Satan is, at root, all about ego-drives themselves, but often represents the symptoms of those drives - so, fundamentally fear, but also the things we do out of fear, self-preservation, self-propagation, avoiding changing "who we are" (who we think we are), etc. And thus, by extension, he's also expressive of that we label vice(s) and temptations of all sorts - sex, drugs, power/control, predation, revenge, and that whole line of negative intention, desire, and expression (though negative is often a sociocultural definition by virtue of stigma placed on various ideology). Consider how articulate we sound when we attempt to rationalize our intentions, desires and actions - especially when we rationalize things that we feel or know, subconsciously (or "in our hearts"), to be less-than-ideal, or need to change, let go of, or move away from. (Rationalizing requires judging, which requires knowing and/or creating distinctions between good and evil, which actually gives those notions a life of their own in the process ... thus, we feel guilt, shame, regret, vindication, righteousness, and all those values-based emotional responses according. And feelings make themselves known through dreams.)

The Al prefix sounds Arabic. No idea there, unless you've been reading or otherwise looking into or relating to something along those lines.

There is a process with the "serpent" wherein it must continue to change in order to grow, in essence dying off in some fashion, changing, evolving, etc. But when we fight against that, we become "poisoned" by its bite or, as I've seen in a number of dreams, swallowed whole or in some other way consumed by it - all of which are symbolic. Various religions have attempted to provide understanding of this subconscious language in spiritual format, but one doesn't have to get carried away to understand it. Read about the Ouroboros and you'll get the gist. This is what our ancestors were trying to "get at" as they created and addressed such symbols. As for going to mother, that's an instinctual reaction to hurt, confusion, pain of some sort. Since the subconscious practically IS a mental construct of our instincts, feelings and intuitions, some variant of seeking comfort wouldn't/shouldn't be unexpected.

Some related process in your life that has interfered with or changed the way in which you do things, which has made you "sick" (feeling or perception most likely, rather than real-life sick-sick). The subconscious doesn't typically address the details of our life, but their emotive value. So whatever it is, exactly, you should be able to connect it in your waking life. As it's the right hand "bitten by the snake" and poisoned you, you might be holding on to guilt/shame/regret of some sort in response to something you've done. Naturally, that horned b****** would pop up in such a state to offer solace and comfort. Good thing instinct suggests seeking nurturing comforts instead of his artificial, only-seemingly-helpful (but not really) offers.

A need to see something from a new perspective and let go of old things, but stuck in a pattern of thoughts that make doing so difficult.

Tunnel is narrowness of direction, lack of options (perceived or real), and thus a narrowing of thoughts and mindset. The reason spirits must "go to the light" is that they are stuck in a cyclical pattern of emotive thinking that prevents them from seeing that there's a light there in the first place (all symbolic here - I'm not actually suggesting or denying the existence of spirits). The subconscious identifies light with good, positive things, if not for any other reason than that, in the light, we have much less to fear for our survival than we do in the darkness, where our make-up leaves us exposed and endangered (comparatively). Ghosts "hang around", and a ghost being used by the sub-c as a symbol will often represent a particular thought or contained way of thinking that refuses to stop "haunting us". Thus the interpretation.

Otherwise one of the rare re-constructions of the birth experience being relived, which is fear-inducing at a very basic, instinctual level. (very rare though, as I understand it) Subconscious is crazy like that.