Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus 'died on Friday, April 3, 33AD'

Big Bad Voodoo

What is the relevance concerning the Archbishop of Armagh?

He's got a reputation for dates, hasn't he?

It is not possible for an eclipse to occur at the time of the full moon. At the time of the Passover it's always full moon.

Ok friend but we are talking about afternoon/evening,and can we confirm it was Passover time ?,as it would appear from religeous scripts that the skies darkened,for about 3 to 4 hours,unless of course it was a massive storm.cheers

not quite, as we have 11 days, which then could have been the previous full moon or the next full moon as it has a 29 day cycle.

Check your facts Q. :tu:

The Scriptural Passover has always been on the full moon. No exceptions -- ever.

Ref "the darkness which came over the land",can they figure out when an eclipse or partial eclipse happened in that part of the world,tie that in with an earth tremor,not a full earthquake,and that just maybe the answer,also bearing in mind that the religion in that part of the world was probably Jewish,as the Christians were still in a minority,then the talked of Sabbath would have been Jewish,and Xmas and Easter wern't yet invented.Does that make sense? or am I just yakking !

Sabbath is on a full moon.

Anyone care to enlighten me as to the science being employed to be able to take a soil sample and pinpoint down to an exact day over 2000 years ago when an earthquake occurred?

Because what I'm reading, in terms of science, is that an earthquake occurred in an area 13 miles away from Jerusalem between the dates of 26 and 36 AD.

Which is totally unsurprising, given that the entirety of Israel is an active seismic zone.

To get from there, to a date of Friday, April 3, 33 AD - well.

Let's just say it demonstrates rather a lot of faith.

Ok friend but we are talking about afternoon/evening,and can we confirm it was Passover time ?,as it would appear from religeous scripts that the skies darkened,for about 3 to 4 hours,unless of course it was a massive storm.cheers

AsI posted earlier, all the events were "supranatural events" -- aka, out-of-the-ordinary-events. Meaning to say, God brought supranatural events to pass. Of course, that is a matter of faith, if one chooses to accept that view.

There was a total lunar eclipse on friday of april of 33. Coincides with a blood moon.

Edited by HavocWing

There was a total lunar eclipse on friday of april of 33. Coincides with a blood moon.

You will have to provide sources for that claim, to prove validity for your claim. I do assume you mean a total eclipse during Passover, at that eclipse of course? ... NOT at some other time in April.D 33.

You will have to provide sources for that claim, to prove validity for your claim. I do assume you mean a total eclipse during Passover, at that eclipse of course? ... NOT at some other time in April.D 33.

Is NASA authoritative enough a reference?

I was using an astrological program, according to that program it was 04/01/0033 can I post the chart and calculations?

Interesting chart if you are into astrology.

Edited by HavocWing

Is NASA authoritative enough a reference?

Question: was that eclipse during the Passover?

Edit: Lay you a bet of "London to a brick", that it was not at Passover, Tiggs. :tu:

Edited by Karlis

Edit: Lay you a bet of "London to a brick", that it was not at Passover, Tiggs. :tu:

If I remember correctly passover was always once a month on the full moon (in this case the total lunar eclipse).

April 3rd is the generally accepted date for passover during 33 AD. Has been since at least Newton's time.

Do you have evidence for a different date?

We will first have to irrefutably prove that Christ even existed before we can pinpoint the exact year of his death...

• Like 1

April 3rd is the generally accepted date for passover during 33 AD. Has been since at least Newton's time.

Do you have evidence for a different date?

Passover and all other High Holy Days are calculated. There is no possibility of mistakes being made; Passover always is on a full moon,,as are all of the other High Holy Days. Edited by Karlis

Passover and all other High Holy Days are calculated. There is no possibility of mistakes being made; Passover always is on a full moon,,as are all of the other High Holy Days.

As is April 3rd.

We may be talking at cross-purposes. We're talking about a lunar eclipse. Not a solar eclipse.

Lunar eclipses - where the Earth get's between the Sun and the moon - only happen during a full moon.

As is April 3rd.

We may be talking at cross-purposes. We're talking about a lunar eclipse. Not a solar eclipse.

Lunar eclipses - where the Earth get's between the Sun and the moon - only happen during a full moon.

During a lunar eclipe, there is no way that darkness would descend on the Earthe.

See http://www.mreclipse...l/LEprimer.html

The Moon is "behind" the Earth, meaning that Earth is between the Sun and the Moon; the moon being in the shadow area. Thus, no darkness on Earth can be caused by such an eclipse.

During a lunar eclipe, there is no way that darkness would descend on the Earthe.

See http://www.mreclipse...l/LEprimer.html

The Moon is "behind" the Earth, meaning that Earth is between the Sun and the Moon; the moon being in the shadow area. Thus, no darkness on Earth can be caused by such an eclipse.

No darkness at Noon, anyway.

I'm not debating that a Lunar eclipse could cause a darkness at noon. I'm confirming that one took place at the date that Havocwing said one did.

No darkness at Noon, anyway.

I'm not debating that a Lunar eclipse could cause a darkness at noon. I'm confirming that one took place at the date that Havocwing said one did.

OK, point taken.But "That" type of eclipse would have no bearing on the darkness falling upon Jerusalem when Jesus was crucified. Unless you are making a point that I have failed to see?

AsI posted earlier, all the events were "supranatural events" -- aka, out-of-the-ordinary-events. Meaning to say, God brought supranatural events to pass. Of course, that is a matter of faith, if one chooses to accept that view.

Sorry Karlis mate,but I dont believe in that sort of Supernatural event,but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs,and if thats acceptable to you,fair enough..

If true it's just more evidence of astrological significance which is all throughout the bible rather than proving anything to do with an actual person.

It is true that Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea from 26-36 AD, having been appointed to that office by the emperor Tiberius, so the execution Jesus has to be sometime during that ten-year period. This was an unusually long term in office since most Roman goverors served 1-3 years.

http://formerthings.com/pontius.htm

Edited by TheMcGuffin

It is true that Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea from 26-36 AD, having been appointed to that office by the emperor Tiberius, so the execution Jesus has to be sometime during that ten-year period.

http://formerthings.com/pontius.htm

H

he was a Prefect, which means that he came under the Governor of Syria, which is not quite the same. And calling him a governor has only lead to historians assuming he never existed, as there was no governor of Judea but Judea a subdivision of the Syrian province.