Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How many of you actually believe in Aliens?

explained mystery

What if the craft themselves are intelligent machines, and the "pilots" are also intelligent machines or androids, perhaps even part of the operating system? Of course the whole question of who or what they really are, where (or when) they come from, is another matter.

Indeed, i've often thought that would be very logical; particularly if one is on (say) a long term exploration mission, use AI robots and drones; it's just what we do, after all, only our machines haven't yet reached the intelligence stage. It would also answer all the doubts that the doubters raise about how they could possibly cope with ultra high-G manouvers, that wouldn't matter if the craft was robotic, would it?

As regards the question, if 'belief' means something that you don't have actual proof for but you're reasonably confident about, then I think it stretches belief way too far to believe that we and this Planet could have just come to this stage of evolution purely out of random chains of coincidence and that this would be the only place in the entire universe where that has happened in such a way as to bring about Life, or that for some reason the Creator of the universe chose this one planet, and no other, for their experiment of Life, so if anyone was to ask me if I do believe in Aliens, ETs or Extraterrestrials, then I'd say, yes.

Aliens 'out there' in the universe somewhere...99% sure.

Aliens visiting the Earth...I haven't seen any definitive evidence of such.

However, I wouldn't be super surprized if ET has/had paid us a visit (now or in our past).

i know they are here ! and i do wave my hands when they fly by ! and say wow am i the only 1 that is seing this? :D

i know they are here ! and i do wave my hands when they fly by ...

How can you be sure that what you're seeing "flying by" is actually ET (verses exotic aircraft or celestial events)? :unsure2:

I Am A Firm Believer, And I Will Continue To Be Until I Am Proven Otherwise ..

well this is a tough one for me.

you see i have no doubt that there are smaller animals on other planets,

im sure theres mircrobe life on millions of planets,

but anything as intelligent as humans? i dont know, in fact i doubt it. we have been so lucky with circumstances leading to us being at the level were at, that i almost cant beleive we've gotten this far.

think about our own history on earth, nothing near our current level of intelligence has existed, which is a good representation of other plantes / species.

in short, i dont know.

Indeed, i've often thought that would be very logical; particularly if one is on (say) a long term exploration mission, use AI robots and drones; it's just what we do, after all, only our machines haven't yet reached the intelligence stage. It would also answer all the doubts that the doubters raise about how they could possibly cope with ultra high-G manouvers, that wouldn't matter if the craft was robotic, would it?

As regards the question, if 'belief' means something that you don't have actual proof for but you're reasonably confident about, then I think it stretches belief way too far to believe that we and this Planet could have just come to this stage of evolution purely out of random chains of coincidence and that this would be the only place in the entire universe where that has happened in such a way as to bring about Life, or that for some reason the Creator of the universe chose this one planet, and no other, for their experiment of Life, so if anyone was to ask me if I do believe in Aliens, ETs or Extraterrestrials, then I'd say, yes.

or the inhabitants of said craft :

http://media.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/other/1SKMBT_C35311091312020.pdf

:alien:

I dont believe, I know they exist..

Same here. There is too much evidence showing we are not alone in this universe.

or the inhabitants of said craft :

http://media.gulfliv...11091312020.pdf

:alien:

How's that for being over-clever? Design and build a spacecraft, and then design & build Robots to crew it. It didn't occur to them to cut out the middle man- er, Robot?

There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the observable universe. Billions more, if not trillions, outside of that. Each galaxy has hundreds of billions of stars. Many of these stars will have some sort of planetary body orbiting it.

Life could have easily developed elsewhere many times. Nothing angers me more than arrogant people who think humanity is the center of the universe.

• Like 1

How's that for being over-clever? Design and build a spacecraft, and then design & build Robots to crew it. It didn't occur to them to cut out the middle man- er, Robot?

It could be that the different robots had different tasks. All connected, but with different functions. The robots which appear to be 'crew' might not actually have to operate the craft, but are extensions of the craft. These go 'out' and investigate etc....

Welcome to the Forum Zalanox ! Wild name If I even say so ! But the numbers may or may not be the Tell ! We are but in the crib of our own understanding. I would venture to say that there might even be quad-zillion`s of stars and planets out there. Remember this "Therer out therer man" as a fellow Texan once coined ! Keep Postin,Keep Lookin Up ! And never stop believing ! :tu:

There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the observable universe. Billions more, if not trillions, outside of that. Each galaxy has hundreds of billions of stars. Many of these stars will have some sort of planetary body orbiting it.

Life could have easily developed elsewhere many times. Nothing angers me more than arrogant people who think humanity is the center of the universe.

'The math' would likely agree that arrogance need not apply. Given the vast distances involved, and the vast number of 'nests' (Galaxies) even if the universe is teaming with intelligent life forms, the likelihood of any of them meeting with each other under our known laws of Physics is somewhere in the vicinity of 'zero'...we might as well be all alone and in this meditate on the opportunity to...not travel 'out there' looking but to simply make our planet the most hospitable island of paradise anyone can imagine.

... dependent of course on just how intelligent we all really are... :)

'The math' would likely agree that arrogance need not apply. Given the vast distances involved, and the vast number of 'nests' (Galaxies) even if the universe is teaming with intelligent life forms, the likelihood of any of them meeting with each other under our known laws of Physics is somewhere in the vicinity of 'zero'...we might as well be all alone and in this meditate on the opportunity to...not travel 'out there' looking but to simply make our planet the most hospitable island of paradise anyone can imagine.

Agree on that case in point If our little blue rock Looks too good and we advertise thats its so Great We just might need to hide it a bit ! Say way out in the Milky-Way ? Shhh`!! is what Stephen Hawkins says any way ? We do need to keep this planet a bit cleaner and safer for all of us ! :whistle:

Agree on that case in point If our little blue rock Looks too good and we advertise thats its so Great We just might need to hide it a bit ! Say way out in the Milky-Way ? Shhh`!! is what Stephen Hawkins says any way ? We do need to keep this planet a bit cleaner and safer for all of us ! :whistle:

"Shussh" need not apply...unless 'that which we don't know about physics' might change the way we understand distance and 'getting from point 'A' to 'B'... so 'shussh' is another way of saying "just to be on the safe side"

:D

Don't matter a hoot anyhow because we are a rowdy bunch....there is no 'shusshing' us!

Edited by WilliamW

"Shussh" need not apply...unless 'that which we don't know about physics' might change the way we understand distance and 'getting from point 'A' to 'B'... so 'shussh' is another way of saying "just to be on the safe side"

:D

Don't matter a hoot anyhow because we are a rowdy bunch....there is no 'shusshing' us!

That in which we know not about physics ? Hum thats just about everything in the unknown universe right ? We know not of all that makes up the universe and its secrets ! But we are the type of being that at least ask`s the right questions ! Onward and together I always say !

This is assuming these beings could not solve the distance issues. What seems impossible to us might be no problem for them. There might even be an alien race out there who would find the speed of light to be pathetically slow. Or not. Who knows, I sure don't. But saying it cannot be done is just giving up. There's no such thing as impossible.

• Like 1

This is assuming these beings could not solve the distance issues. What seems impossible to us might be no problem for them. There might even be an alien race out there who would find the speed of light to be pathetically slow. Or not. Who knows, I sure don't. But saying it cannot be done is just giving up. There's no such thing as impossible.

The sun might turn to Ice Cream tomorrow. Might is a pretty open word and I find it leads to too many possibilities to be of much use. We do know physics are the same across the Universe, and we all have the same materials, so no matter how smart any alien might be, we still will have some common ground.

What do you think the absolute limit is? do you think there is one? or do you think things can just keep going faster and faster?

No such thing as impossible? Can you prove that? I ask you to post my little brothers middle name within 5 minutes of me posting this, wether you are logged on or not. Is that possible? If it is, do it to prove that please. Times a wastin!

Edited by psyche101

I think that fairly obviously, just being able to go faster than Light (unless it's like 50 or 100 times faster) wouldn't really be very much help, since it's still take tens or hundreds of years to get anywhere. Consequently, therefore, I think almost certainly you'd need some other method (e.g. what speculative writers refer to as hyperspace, or transdimensional tunnels, or something along those lines), that would enable one to get from A to B, or fairly near to them, while bypassing all that tiresome Space in between. Now, obviously, we don't necessarily know how to do that yet, or even know if it is in fact possible, but, equally obviously, just because we don't know, that doesn't mean that it is in fact impossible, or that no one else might have discovered how to. If it is in fact possible, I'm sure someone somewhere will have worked out how to do it.

That's what I say.

The U.S. Army had its own UFO investigation, going back to World War II and probably created by Gen. George C. Marshall. It was called the "Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit" (IPU), at lesat originally, and no other UFO investigation has ever been a more tightly-held secret, so much so that it's almost impossible to get any records from it.

Of course, the Air Force is supposed to deal with things in the sky and the Navy with anything in the water, and we know they both investigated UFOs--still do--but they have been far more forthcoming about UFOs than the U.S. Army ever has.

http://ufocon.blogspot.com/2010/12/us-armys-secret-ufo-study-some-are.html

That the Army was talking about some Interplanetary Phenomenon before anyone else has always been very interesting to me.

I think that fairly obviously, just being able to go faster than Light (unless it's like 50 or 100 times faster) wouldn't really be very much help, since it's still take tens or hundreds of years to get anywhere. Consequently, therefore, I think almost certainly you'd need some other method (e.g. what speculative writers refer to as hyperspace, or transdimensional tunnels, or something along those lines), that would enable one to get from A to B, or fairly near to them, while bypassing all that tiresome Space in between. Now, obviously, we don't necessarily know how to do that yet, or even know if it is in fact possible, but, equally obviously, just because we don't know, that doesn't mean that it is in fact impossible, or that no one else might have discovered how to. If it is in fact possible, I'm sure someone somewhere will have worked out how to do it.

That's what I say.

We have some hypotheses, but they take immense power sources,, and in many scenarios, you have to reach your destination first to set up the two way travel.

Even if we did do something like a wormhole, it is hard to keep open, and is really quite small, not like a black hole, which is quite a different thing. As such, it strikes me that communications are still the most viable first step in interstellar travel. With the technology today, any one of us on this board can have a look at the surface of Mars, why would we not cross the galaxy the same way? Scan, watch, send probes, then robots. Maybe eventually, the creators of said technology be that us or someone else.

It just strikes me as more likely because it is easier, cheaper and safer. And it will get you to more places much faster, and will return results in a time frame we can use. Thats is also why I think the WOW! signal is by far the best alien candidate to date, even taking LGM-1 into account.

The sun might turn to Ice Cream tomorrow. Might is a pretty open word and I find it leads to too many possibilities to be of much use. We do know physics are the same across the Universe, and we all have the same materials, so no matter how smart any alien might be, we still will have some common ground.

What do you think the absolute limit is? do you think there is one? or do you think things can just keep going faster and faster?

No such thing as impossible? Can you prove that? I ask you to post my little brothers middle name within 5 minutes of me posting this, wether you are logged on or not. Is that possible? If it is, do it to prove that please. Times a wastin!

Hrrmz, more than a half hour and nothing.

I guess some things might be impossible...............

c94d1a38-f271-4759-9256-c2939e32511d.jpg

We cannot possibly fathom how vast the universe actually is, let alone our galaxy, or even our solar system. In the huge space that is the cosmos, it would be ignorant to assume we are the only intelligent life form.

• Like 2

We have some hypotheses, but they take immense power sources,, and in many scenarios, you have to reach your destination first to set up the two way travel.

Even if we did do something like a wormhole, it is hard to keep open, and is really quite small, not like a black hole, which is quite a different thing. As such, it strikes me that communications are still the most viable first step in interstellar travel. With the technology today, any one of us on this board can have a look at the surface of Mars, why would we not cross the galaxy the same way? Scan, watch, send probes, then robots. Maybe eventually, the creators of said technology be that us or someone else.

It just strikes me as more likely because it is easier, cheaper and safer. And it will get you to more places much faster, and will return results in a time frame we can use. Thats is also why I think the WOW! signal is by far the best alien candidate to date, even taking LGM-1 into account.

Indeed, and robotic probes would of course be the most senisble approach, but don't forget that to see anything, or communicate by conventional means, you can still only do at the speed of Light. So anything we see or hear is still hundreds of years out of date. So there'd still be the same incentives as for speeding up physical travel.

Ok i guess i should havd re-worded this i never meant to imply that i met an alien or anything but i did see an UFO.