Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jeb Bush Backs Tax Increases to Cut Debt

questionmark

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, in a break with his party, said he could support tax increases to help reduce the federal government’s budget deficit.

The brother of former President George W. Bush told a congressional panel in Washington today that he could back a theoretical deficit-reduction package that would include $1 in tax increases for every $10 in spending cuts.

read more

as expected and several time said :devil:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Leonardo

• and-then

• sickpuppy

Top Posters In This Topic

as expected and several time said :devil:

I think he realizes he's safe within those parameters.

What was "Wimpy's" famous line? I shall gladly repay you Tuesday for a hamburger today? No Liberal will ever REALLY give up on a ratio like that....

I think he realizes he's safe within those parameters.

What was "Wimpy's" famous line? I shall gladly repay you Tuesday for a hamburger today? No Liberal will ever REALLY give up on a ratio like that....

And no Republican will stick to that ratio to get the debt down.

And no Republican will stick to that ratio to get the debt down.

I'm sure you are correct. And they BOTH are doing only what is required of them by their constituencies.

I'm sure you are correct. And they BOTH are doing only what is required of them by their constituencies.

And in the end the people get the government they voted for. What tickles me is all the wailing about the deficit, and yet the means is there to reduce it. But the people won't vote for the government who want to employ those means.

So, are the people really unhappy about the government deficit, or is the outcry simply partisan rhetoric?

Personally, I don't think the people give a rat's patootie about the deficit - as long as they can buy a new car, or new wide-screen tv, etc. It's not their credit card (or bank account) which is maxed out, or overdrawn...or so they think.

Edited by Leonardo

And in the end the people get the government they voted for. What tickles me is all the wailing about the deficit, and yet the means is there to reduce it. But the people won't vote for the government who want to employ those means.

So, are the people really unhappy about the government deficit, or is the outcry simply partisan rhetoric?

Personally, I don't think the people give a rat's patootie about the deficit - as long as they can buy a new car, or new wide-screen tv, etc. It's not their credit card (or bank account) which is maxed out, or overdrawn...or so they think.

They are as unhappy with it as with the fact that they are using the AMEX card to pay off the VISA and the VISA to pay off the AMEX.

Sometimes I think that America is not based on liberty and the pursuit of happiness but on accruing debt and complaining about it. Because the government debt is peanuts compared to the personal and corporate debt.

They are as unhappy with it as with the fact that they are using the AMEX card to pay off the VISA and the VISA to pay off the AMEX.

Sometimes I think that America is not based on liberty and the pursuit of happiness but on accruing debt and complaining about it. Because the government debt is peanuts compared to the personal and corporate debt.

Liberty is synonymous with credit, is it not? :P

Liberty is synonymous with credit, is it not? :P

I sure as hell hope not since I have no credit because I have never had any debt. :clap: Don't even have a credit score. :tsu: Yet I feel as free as most (indebted) folks I know.