Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

16-year old boy solves 350 year old mystery

ozman

Many are saying he is a genius for solving what was thought to be an unsolvable problem by University Professors.

http://www.ndtv.com/...y-newton-216301

If you take away his mustache and make his hair curly, His face kind of looks like Michael Jackson right before the "Thriller years" and just after the "Disco afro years"

Edited by ozman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ozman

• Lilly

• Blizno

• Big Bad Voodoo

I couldn't help but find some humor in the article stating that what cracking the code means is:

His solutions mean that scientists can now calculate the flight path of a thrown ball and then predict how it will hit and bounce off a wall.

I'm sure it likely has some technological relevancy, but on the surface it just comes off as a little less than fascinating. :rofl:

Edited by Angel Left Wing

I know scientists can come close to accurately predicting behavior of things but most of us know that the Quantum world is uncertain and things really are unpredictable even for non quantum objects.

I don't get it. We have been able to accurately predict the path of a thrown ball since Newton, if not before. As for how a ball bounces, that's easy if you know the direction and speed of the ball before impact and its elastic properties.

The story tells nothing of the young man's discovery. There should be much more information.

"...the Quantum world is uncertain..."

Things above the atomic level are unaffected by quantum effects. Electrons and photons are affected, under certain circumstances, but a thrown ball cannot be affected by quantum effects.

The young man says he's no genius...I beg to differ.

There is difference between good scientists/mathmatician and genius, Genius must have personal inner insight. But ariticle dont explain how he got to his conclusion so I dont know is he realy genius or just good in math,

Btw I posted this before.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally Math geniuses have some kind of abnormality in their amygdala or something of their brain that is larger than normal peoples size which allows them to see perform their calculation in higher spatial ways than normal people or something similar to that statement is what I read.