Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Response being sent to Wow! signal

They have already been talking to us using telepathy for along time. They sound in our minds like humans. Every bit as much as we do. They know we are a young dangerous race and keep thier distance from us. I cannot say I blame them. I would really like it if humans could get over thierselves long enough to realize that we have not been on this planet alone for avery long time. Money has always been the key motivator and more then likely will be forever. Much to my distress. Thanks Broombreaker

Since the human brain lacks the frontal lobe capacity for telepathy within our own species - how is it that a completely different species would be able to achieve this?...bearing in mind that by the same mentality it would be no different to say that you could telepathically communicate with ants, spiders, cats or dogs etc.

To Professor Hawking, Keep asking them questions about the universe. They will answer. Those small people with the very large eyes have been talking to you for along time. They like you. They said so.

Hmm, I seem to recall contributing to a message around the Millennium - which was beamed into space by Heineken

They have already been talking to us using telepathy for along time. They sound in our minds like humans. Every bit as much as we do. They know we are a young dangerous race and keep thier distance from us. I cannot say I blame them. I would really like it if humans could get over thierselves long enough to realize that we have not been on this planet alone for avery long time. Money has always been the key motivator and more then likely will be forever. Much to my distress. Thanks Broombreaker

Cool story bro.

this was 1977 the year starwars was released. it was obviously in response to how good and right-on the movie was.

To Professor Hawking, Keep asking them questions about the universe. They will answer. Those small people with the very large eyes have been talking to you for along time. They like you. They said so.

dont you know anything? the greys are worker drones of the tall blonde haired people wearing blue jump suits. the little ones dont communicate at all.

Yes, but that 'something' could be anything, like a passing beam of a neutron star. It was only detected once, which does seem to lean towards a natural event - if it was an attempt at communication I would have hoped they'd repeat it over a few days/hours etc. Perhaps whatever it was, wasn't for us - maybe we just got lucky and intercepted an alien transmission to a ship in Earth orbit....we'll probably never know.

i could be an SOS signal from aliens and when we didnt answer it they all died off cuz of asteroid collison or something :D tat explains why we only heard it 1 time :) but i agree with you tat the WOW signal was probably a natural event

i could be an SOS signal from aliens and when we didnt answer it they all died off cuz of asteroid collison or something :D tat explains why we only heard it 1 time :) but i agree with you tat the WOW signal was probably a natural event

i mean I*

Another over hyped paranormal TV show! Woo-hoo. Maybe they'll find what was in Al Capone's vault on one of the spaceships.

I dont know, I would hope a civilization more advanced than ours would send something other then "WOW".

lol

they didn't send a 'wow 'message. that's what the researcher wrote next to the numbers on the graph, chart, whatever ya call it

I wish i had a job sending signals/messages up into space...

Extraterestials should be very patient with us. It took us 32 years to answer on WOW message and our replay would be LOL.

i'm going to send them this message:

"Forgive my planet-mates of lesser intelligence for anything degrading or stupid they might have said. It is not their fault, they were "Born this Way." If you do recieve this message, please know that this planet is heading for it's own destruction and I am ashamed to even be a part of the homo sapien species. So if you want, maybe swing by and spice this world up a little. God knows it could use it. If you're ever in my area by the way (assuming you could find with basically no information) I am ready and willing to go with you, so feel free to shoot your little abductor beam down and "take me to your leader." That's just a little saying we have here, it's jus-you know, uhh...never mind...Anyway, if you need somebody to, I don't know, repair the ship or feed your little space-dog or something when you're visiting your parents, I am available. So, uh...yeah just drop on by...please?"

• Like 1

From OP link:

And if they're the aliens that sent the Wow! signal in the first place, they are likely to be an extremely advanced civilization. Scientists say the signal would have required a 2.2 gigawatt transmitter, vastly more powerful than any existing terrestrial radio station.

So if we don't have anything powerful enough to actually send this 'message' then what's the purpose?

All tweets composed between 8 p.m. EDT Friday and 3 a.m. EDT Saturday tagged with the hashtag #ChasingUFOs will be rolled into a single message, according to the National Geographic Channel, which is timing the Twitter event to coincide with the premiere of the channel's new series, "Chasing UFOs."

Publicity stunt, nothing more.

this was 1977 the year starwars was released. it was obviously in response to how good and right-on the movie was.

A very relative correlation that not many people would picked up on :tu:

This seems exciting at first but after reading I am not so excited. People are adding their own messages through Twitter? Does this not sound a bit gimmicky? Our first communication with the Wow signal is a binary form of the cheapest (often despised) form of communication. #WhatWhereTheyThinking?

Also to me replying to the Wow signal is like shouting back at someone who shouted at you, the trouble you don't know what they said. Don't know about you but in my local that spells trouble.

Scientists say the signal would have required a 2.2 gigawatt transmitter, vastly more powerful than any existing terrestrial radio station.

It might be more of a whimper than a shout.

Well whatever happens, good luck.

Edited by Junior Chubb

Would be funny as if some race sent us a message saying "Waaaaaaaaasssssuuuuuuuuuuupppp!!!!" lol

Would be funny as if some race sent us a message saying "Waaaaaaaaasssssuuuuuuuuuuupppp!!!!" lol

Indeed, the trouble is that is exactly what somebody has probably sent out with a message from Twitter, or to be more accurate...

01010111 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01110011 01110011 01110011 01110011 01110011 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110000 01110000 01110000 01110000 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001

Indeed, the trouble is that is exactly what somebody has probably sent out with a message from Twitter, or to be more accurate...

01010111 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01100001 01110011 01110011 01110011 01110011 01110011 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01110000 01110000 01110000 01110000 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001

Haha.

I've thought about Binary before and the problem with it is that it's based on a human invention. They might not even have an alphabet.(if they do it will be different to all of ours) Then denary is based on 10's because we have 10 fingers. So another idea out the window. This brings up an intresting conversation actually. How do we communicate with ET's?! Never actually thought about this properly before. lol

I think eveyrone who wants to meet aliens comes to this idea they might have telepathy as they ar emore advanced. but what if they don't? lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Haha.

I've thought about Binary before and the problem with it is that it's based on a human invention. They might not even have an alphabet.(if they do it will be different to all of ours) Then denary is based on 10's because we have 10 fingers. So another idea out the window. This brings up an intresting conversation actually. How do we communicate with ET's?! Never actually thought about this properly before. lol

I think eveyrone who wants to meet aliens comes to this idea they might have telepathy as they ar emore advanced. but what if they don't? lol

I've heard people say we would communicate by the universal language of mathematics, like that plaque they put on the side of Voyager, or whichever one it was. They suppose that they'd be able to figure it out.

Or of course, the universal language of music. Didn't Damon Allbran write something specially that they stuck onto a CD taht they put on some probe a bit more recently?

Or of course, the universal language of music. Didn't Damon Allbran write something specially that they stuck onto a CD taht they put on some probe a bit more recently?

Put it on a CD? I hope they supplied a CD player to go with it ;)

Put it on a CD? I hope they supplied a CD player to go with it ;)

Well, on Voyager they put it on a record (made of gold, I think), for which they did, I think, helpfully supply a stylus. Let's just hope that the aliens have gramophone technology.

Well, on Voyager they put it on a record (made of gold, I think), for which they did, I think, helpfully supply a stylus. Let's just hope that the aliens have gramophone technology.

I wonder which would be easier for a non terrestrial to get the content from, vinyl or a CD?

Personally I would go for a musical jewellery box type of device (can't remember what they are called) even though the sound range would be limited.

I would send a jack-in-the-box and scare the crap out of them. Instant annihilation!

• Like 2

I've heard people say we would communicate by the universal language of mathematics, like that plaque they put on the side of Voyager, or whichever one it was. They suppose that they'd be able to figure it out.

Well our Main maths is Denary which is in Tens... It's thta way because we have 10 fingers. So if an Alien had 12 fingers he would have to figure that out as well. Then again i think they put the basic human aunotomy on the plaque, so maybe they will take note of the 10 fingers.

Yeah I did hear about that. Hope thye don't find the sound offensive. LOL

If aliens could build a 2.2 gigawatt transmitter then I don't think math would be much of a hurdle.