Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Queen tells Kate to curtsy to princesses

Still Waters

The Duchess of Cambridge may be the future queen, but she has discovered that there are several women in the Royal family to whom she must show reverence. Mandrake hears that the Queen has updated the Order of Precedence in the Royal Household to take into account the Duke of Cambridge’s wife.

The new rules of Court make it clear that the former Kate Middleton, when she is not accompanied by Prince William, must curtsy to the “blood princesses”, the Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra, and the daughters of the Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.

When William is with her, Kate does not need to bend the knee to either of them, but she must curtsy to the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Despite being married to the Queen’s son, the Countess of Wessex will, however, have to curtsy to Kate, even when William is not present.

http://www.telegraph...princesses.html

They all need to get a life really, don't they?

• Like 3

As a Brit it all seems pretty crazy to me too! I wonder what would happen if she simply refused to do it ....... would she be locked up in the Tower of London?

• Like 2

'Family rules'. Every family has them to a greater or lesser extent. This is an indirect result of the watering down of Salic Law, (whereby the male line takes precedence), and has strengthened the position of females in the order of succession.

I can't see the problem myself, and it doesn't apply to the general public who do not have to bow or curtsy to any member of the Royal Family, (except on formal occasions such as award ceremonies (like my knighthood, when the Royal Mail finally locates the Warrant that's obviously been lost in one of it's sorting offices) etc.

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 5

As a Brit it all seems pretty crazy to me too! I wonder what would happen if she simply refused to do it ....... would she be locked up in the Tower of London?

That's the difference between Kate and the late Princess Diana. Kate knew the score before she married William and has accepted the situation, unlike Diana who was too dim and self-centered to realise what would be expected of her. (And look at the trouble that caused!)

The country and economy is going down the pan, and all the royals have to worry about is revising family protocol...

• Like 1

Tradition, tradition, tradition. Honor, respect and loyalty. It's not always easy to please everyone but we do what we must. We do what we can. Of the family, by the family, for the family.

• Like 5

What must these peoples opinion of themselves be? If I was royalty I would probably smack anyone that tried to bow to me. Except my brother, it would be off with his head regardless of if he showed fealty or not.

It reminds me of Obama bowing to the Saudi King. It's one of the few things that would make me vote for Romulus.

Then again, he may realize that in a collapsing economy, the only bright light left is the price of oil, and they've got the valves open all the way, baby.

Regular $2.89 where I live.

[media=]

Edited by Raptor Witness

That's the difference between Kate and the late Princess Diana. Kate knew the score before she married William and has accepted the situation, unlike Diana who was too dim and self-centered to realise what would be expected of her. (And look at the trouble that caused!)

Maybe if someone had taken the time to discuss the topic with Diana, she would have turned around and run screaming down the steps of St Paul's. He was 33 - she was 20. Couldn't he deal with a woman of his own age?

'Family rules'. Every family has them to a greater or lesser extent. This is an indirect result of the watering down of Salic Law, (whereby the male line takes precedence), and has strengthened the position of females in the order of succession.

I can't see the problem myself, and it doesn't apply to the general public who do not have to bow or curtsy to any member of the Royal Family, (except on formal occasions such as award ceremonies (like my knighthood, when the Royal Mail finally locates the Warrant that's obviously been lost in one of it's sorting offices) etc.

Hi Big E, I dont want to be a knight,as I would have to buy a horse , a sword ,a shield ,and some armour ,and I can't afford it, but you do get a badge on your shield with green shield stamps.Consectatio Excellentaia.

Hi Big E, I dont want to be a knight,as I would have to buy a horse , a sword ,a shield ,and some armour ,and I can't afford it, but you do get a badge on your shield with green shield stamps.Consectatio Excellentaia.

My Mrs made me get on bended knee a long time ago, and I've not been the same since ,but if I like her I might stay,( should have stayed at sea)

Maybe if someone had taken the time to discuss the topic with Diana, she would have turned around and run screaming down the steps of St Paul's. He was 33 - she was 20. Couldn't he deal with a woman of his own age?

The 'woman of his own age' that he wanted was already 'taken'. The marriage to Diana was nothing more nor less than an arranged marriage so that the heir to the throne could produce heirs of his own . I felt really sorry for her because I think she thought he loved her, that he actually wanted to marry her. To be sucked into the royal family as a baby-making machine and then spat out when she was no longer useful was the most appalling thing to happen to a sensitive 20yr old.

It reminds me of Obama bowing to the Saudi King. It's one of the few things that would make me vote for Romulus.

The difference is that Kate is a royal subject, therefore it's proper (if you believe that kind of B.S.) that she bow. If you are not a subject you should never bow to royalty. That's why it was such a mistake (one that someone who is ignorant would make) for Obama to bow to royalty.

The difference is that Kate is a royal subject, therefore it's proper (if you believe that kind of B.S.) that she bow. If you are not a subject you should never bow to royalty. That's why it was such a mistake (one that someone who is ignorant would make) for Obama to bow to royalty.

I would think he(or his advisors), know exactly what they are doing ....... I mean, you can't publicly lick a*** so this is the next best thing ...... lol!

• Like 1

If it is their tradition...so be it.. Even though I do not like it. it looks silly !! Its her way of saying - Look woman, you might have married into my family but as you are NOT blood related you will bow down to those who are blood related.. got it? lol

Courtesy and respect cost nothing, and it doesn't hurt. Being polite and civil doesn't hurt either, and it may be to your advantage in the long run, because you will be remembered for doing so.

Courtesy and respect cost nothing, and it doesn't hurt. Being polite and civil doesn't hurt either, and it may be to your advantage in the long run, because you will be remembered for doing so.

True, but it doesn't need to include bending the knee or bowing the head, because those are both very powerful signals that you see yourself as inferior and subservient.

True, but it doesn't need to include bending the knee or bowing the head, because those are both very powerful signals that you see yourself as inferior and subservient.

Point taken but when Kate gets promoted,(when young Will gets to be King) she will have the last laugh.

No one person should ever HAVE to bow down to another. If you truly respect someone you may show them respect, if bowing is how you show your respect that is your choice. Forcing someone to bow down to their "betters" is archaic and just shows how little you care about others lives.

• Like 1

Point taken but when Kate gets promoted,(when young Will gets to be King) she will have the last laugh.

Oh, there won't be a monarchy by then ;)

They all need to get a life really, don't they?

Well said.

I can't stand them, the Queen looked like a right miserable git at the Jubilee thing which was all for her. I don't car eif it was raining and she had to stand for 3 hours or something. My Gran has to stand for hours in the rain when she goes shopping etc. She doens't complain about it.

Poeple have to stand in hours of rain WORKING to pay taxes.

She has £1.7 billion in a personal account, why the hell do we pay for her and her family?!

I don't care if it's tradition... Hanging was a tradition, so was beheadings. Amongst other rubbish that has been thrown out, the Royal family is more rubbish we should throwing out.

No one person should ever HAVE to bow down to another. If you truly respect someone you may show them respect, if bowing is how you show your respect that is your choice. Forcing someone to bow down to their "betters" is archaic and just shows how little you care about others lives.

You better tell that to a few million Japanese and a few billion Chinese..