Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

unsubscribing to a topic

jugoso

I really have spent a better part of an hour trying to figure out how to unsubscribe to a topic that i subscibed to a long time ago. In the help section it says

To unsubscribe from any forums or topics that you are subscribed to - just go to the 'Subscriptions' section of 'My Controls' and you can do this from there.

Problem is I can´t seem to find either section.

Could someone find it in their heart to help me with this?

If I am logged into the main forum page, what are my next clicks to unsubscribe?

Mil Gracias in advance!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ouija ouija

• jugoso

• Saru

• booNyzarC

Help! I have the same problem :(

Are you sure that you are "subscribed" to the topic? Or is it possible that you posted in that topic at some point and you are looking at My Content?

Hi there,

In the top right hand corner, click on your name. A box will appear, click on the hyperlink Content | Follow

You will be able to edit your selections from there

You can also subscribe/unsubscribe from the actual topic from the "follow this topic" button near the top right hand of the page

Hope this helps

:)

Are you sure that you are "subscribed" to the topic? Or is it possible that you posted in that topic at some point and you are looking at My Content?

No, what happened was that when I first joined the forum over a year ago, I set up having the posts sent to my email. It was the Oera Linda & Great flood thread. Guess that was my mistake because now I have like 4000+ emails and can´t seem to figure how to turn them off. :no:

Its actually kinda funny as this is my first ever forum and never really understood how it worked at the time. You would know I´d pick a never-ending thread!!

Ahh, gotcha! LOL, that's a lot of email! :lol:

I tried to paste my front page for a laugh but couldn´t do it. Anyway, I have 5109 messages :P

However.....thanks to the help of Daughter of the Nine Moons I believe the prob will be solved. From the content page you have to click on toggle edit options scroll down and then decide what you want to do I´m so happy I´m :sk (jumping for joy)

Hi there,

In the top right hand corner, click on your name. A box will appear, click on the hyperlink Content | Follow

You will be able to edit your selections from there

You can also subscribe/unsubscribe from the actual topic from the "follow this topic" button near the top right hand of the page

Hope this helps

:)

Thank you Daughter of the Nine Moons !! :nw:

My! that feels comfier! I just got rid of 50% of my 'follow' list.

(I have tried the 'follow this topic' button near the top right hand of the page, but it didn't work ......... that was some months ago)

Okay, that lasted all of 5hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is back as it was ........ now what?

Would you like me to remove all your subscribed topics ?

Would you like me to remove all your subscribed topics ?

Hmm ..... thank you for your offer but it would mean losing two pages that I would like to keep so let's leave things as they are. I just wonder if I'm missing something ....... doing something wrong? 'jugoso' mentions 'my controls' and a heading under that: 'subscriptions'. I can't find either of those headings.

'My Content' seems to be a mix of topics/threads I've posted in, plus topics/threads I'm 'following'. I've been assuming that what other folks call 'subscriptions' is what I've been thinking of as 'My Content'.........aargh! I'm sorry, my brain has given up on this :hmm: . Thank you for your time, anyway.

Go into your drop down menu at the top right of the page and click Content I Follow.

Click the Toggle edit options button to enable the editing tools, check the box to the right of each thing you no longer want to follow and then select "Stop following" from the drop down menu at the bottom followed by the "Update Selected" button.

Remember to check through all the tabs on the right hand side as there is more than one category of followed content ( topics / forums )

Go into your drop down menu at the top right of the page and click Content I Follow.

Click the Toggle edit options button to enable the editing tools, check the box to the right of each thing you no longer want to follow and then select "Stop following" from the drop down menu at the bottom followed by the "Update Selected" button.

Remember to check through all the tabs on the right hand side as there is more than one category of followed content ( topics / forums )

Okay, thanks.

No, what happened was that when I first joined the forum over a year ago, I set up having the posts sent to my email. It was the Oera Linda & Great flood thread. Guess that was my mistake because now I have like 4000+ emails and can´t seem to figure how to turn them off. :no:

Its actually kinda funny as this is my first ever forum and never really understood how it worked at the time. You would know I´d pick a never-ending thread!!

Hahahaha!! I guess I am one of the 'guilty' ones. Well, the thread is (in total) only 830 pages long by now.

(Oh, and I didn't send anything, btw.)

Edited by Abramelin