Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most truly bizarre unexplained murder

karl 12

Just came across this in that "most horrifying thing ever" thread. Can't believe I had never heard of this before. Is it 100% legit?

If it is then it's, firstly, absolutely awful but also pretty unbelievable. One main reason I find it difficult to believe it to be a murder case by a human being is that any murderer that was capable of this would not simply do it once and then never again surely? I'm no detective or anything but I'm pretty sure a killer that goes to this extent would be a serial killer and therefore would be compelled to act again whether they really wanted to or not.

I personally think that's the best evidence for it not being a human killer anyway.

This story is from Brazil. Fact is, we don't know that subsequent similar murders continued to make the news worldwide (or even locally for that matter). It's interesting what media chooses to find "newsworthy" at any given time, there could have been a host of "bigger" stories at the time/s or the Police themselves kept further reports out of the papers in the interests of keeping the "integrity" of the investigation or even denying the killer the "fame" they may believe he/she was seeking through their acts.

Given it is Brazil, it occurs to me that there is an underbelly of witchcraft/sorcery that has cropped up from time to time - I wonder if this was ritual or a twisted sorcerer's act?

• Like 1

Weird case ?? Yes. Am I convinced that Aliens are behind this ?? Not at All. Ant said it all. Us, humans, are capable of doing anything to each other.

Since I always do my homeworks and since I'm always full of interesting informations ( fact ), here's a very interesting podcast about this case and other cases of human mutilations. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/paranexus/2010/03/19/ufos-and-human-mutilations-with-butch-witkowski

This podcast was recorded in 2010 and is 1 hour and a half long. Very fascinating interview. Sadly the guess, even if he is credible and a good researcher, seems to believe that Aliens committed the crime, something I can't accept. In my opinion this man was killed by more than one man. Not by aliens. Judge for yourself.

The Coast to Coast Am program is on Youtube, it was posted from March 2012.

The guest is Butch Witkoski. It could have very well been a drug cartel or whatever the case maybe. It’s still interesting to note the body was found at best 24 hrs. To 72 hrs. After the murder, no odor no rigor mortis. if done by a human, they would’ve had to have access to some hi tech equipment which may not have been readily available if available at that time. Witkoski also talks about a Vietnam photographer, who supposedly took pictures of a plane crash with the pilots still strapped in mutilated in a similar fashion.

sorry Jon you posted while I was writing.

The Coast to Coast Am program is on Youtube, it was posted from March 2012.

The guest is Butch Witkoski. It could have very well been a drug cartel or whatever the case maybe. It’s still interesting to note the body was found at best 24 hrs. To 72 hrs. After the murder, no odor no rigor mortis. if done by a human, they would’ve had to have access to some hi tech equipment which may not have been readily available if available at that time. Witkoski also talks about a Vietnam photographer, who supposedly took pictures of a plane crash with the pilots still strapped in mutilated in a similar fashion.

sorry Jon you posted while I was writing.

Very interesting about the pilot if you get anymore info please post

pretty rank but still worth reading up on.

first time iv ever heard of this case.

thanks OP!

Yeah Iv seen some pretty horrible stuff from serial killers Jack the Rippers stuff was pretty horrific not to mention countless others

• 6 months later...

This is sick, I'm glad I was not eating, while I looked at the crime scene photos. I seen sick things of what humans can do to each other but this takes the cake. I normally don't get sick; when looking at these type of photos but for this one, I did., He went through hell, and he was alive during his mutilations the perpetrator did that before he killed the man since apparently the man died from the heart attack. Just damn, I read serial murder cases books a lot so I do know; what we humans can do too one another. But this is really a bizarre case if this was a serial murder's first kill it would make sense if he was learning; what he liked to do at the time. However, the thing is most serial killers mutilate the body after death not beforehand I have not seen a case like this one with serial killers.

One thing I couldn't read in the articles, did they ever find out his identity or is the victim still a John Doe after 19 years?

• 2 months later...

What The Hell. I just seen the real photos. That can not be from a regular murder. I don't know what else to say.

i HAVE NO INTENTION of looking at the "real" pictures.... almost jumped out of my skin at the cgi one..... i get scared easily... so on the cgi one... the "exposed bone of the face, by the eye" was that exposed in the actual photo??

QUOTE (villageidiot3o @ Mar 12 2009, 12:50 AM)

Apparently,aliens have grown tired of mutilating cattle....

Either that or the aliens' definition of "cattle" has greatly expanded. <g>

haha LIKE this one :P

I'm glad that this thread was brought back to life. I found it absurdly intriguing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The person/thing was definately paranoid (removal of the eyes is a trait in paranoia), but has anyone besides me thought about whether or not this person/thing could be a female? (Going by the genital mutilation).

sorry, just reminds me of the 'jack the ripper' case.... :/

The victim is Encarnacion Zapata Garcia. He is not the only victim to be found this way. The other one that I know of is from 1976, Sgt. Jonathan P. Louette satationed at White Sands.

• Like 3

How long from when he died to when the body was found do they say?

Yes, quite shocking,.,and more than somewhat bizarre.

There are a few things I don't understand. I read how the brain swelling (found in autopsy) minus brain trauma is a signature feature of death in agonizing pain. Even so, the total lack of blood, as reported, suggests the mutilation occurred after the victim's death. What else would account for the absence of blood with all the extensive cutting done. Maybe the body was moved from site of the murder and the blood on it rinsed off thoroughly, then dumped elsewhere. Still, I find it contradictory to hear the victim was believed to be alive when he was systematically murdered when no blood was detected on anything,

I don't believe in ETSs really. Sounds to me like Satanic cult worship.

• Like 1

Go and have a look at the photos of the Black Dahlia, discussed on this board at length.

Look at what happened to Beth Short.

Then you'll see what human beings can do to each other.

And she wasn't murdered by aliens. :alien:

Today is the first time I read the complete story.

But aside from the gruesome murder, what to think of this:

"Phoebe Short had learned of her daughter’s death from a newspaper reporter who had called her, using the pretext that Beth had won a beauty contest and the paper wanted some background information about her. Once he had gleaned as much information as he could, he informed her that Beth had actually been murdered."

http://troytaylorbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/01/who-killed-black-dahlia.html

• Like 1

2. The photos are gruesome, yes, but not much more so than any other photos of murder victims. Have you ever seen the Jack the Ripper crime scene photos? They put these to shame.

That was one of the first things that came to mind. There are billions of people, millions of sick people, and thousands of truly sick people. Hundreds of the latter number have the cunning and talent to commit shocking stealth murders, and dozens of them have the "skills" to kill in this manner. The odds say that humans will commit such murders from time to time.

The victim is Encarnacion Zapata Garcia. He is not the only victim to be found this way. The other one that I know of is from 1976, Sgt. Jonathan P. Louette satationed at White Sands.

Forgive the "duh" question, but are there names that pop up at both places around the times of the murders? Can you find these same names in other places where certain crimes took place? Say that John Doe was in the vicinity of the thread case and White Sands when each murder took place. Was this same John Doe relatively close to other crimes, even ones that paled in comparison?

I really should be careful with my facts before I post. Sgt. Jonathan Louette's body was found at the White Sands Missle Range in 1956 not 1976 as I previously posted.

Garcia's body was found on Sept. 9 1988 in Guarapiranga Brazil. Per the autopsy report he had been killed 48 - 72 hours prior to his body being discovered.

There is a lot on speculation (mostly from the UFOlogists) regarding these cases and A TON of mis-information.

To answer your question, Dectective Mystery 2013, I have not been able to follow any thread that links these cases or the case in Australia.

It is a mystery.

• Like 1

I really should be careful with my facts before I post. Sgt. Jonathan Louette's body was found at the White Sands Missle Range in 1956 not 1976 as I previously posted.

Garcia's body was found on Sept. 9 1988 in Guarapiranga Brazil. Per the autopsy report he had been killed 48 - 72 hours prior to his body being discovered.

There is a lot on speculation (mostly from the UFOlogists) regarding these cases and A TON of mis-information.

To answer your question, Dectective Mystery 2013, I have not been able to follow any thread that links these cases or the case in Australia.

It is a mystery.

The corrected date changed the equation. It diminished the odds for a connection.