Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Questioning christianity's originality

CloudSix

thank you. I used to be a chirstain, but Ive found a calling to something more complicated.

Me too..only my calling was more simple and has a come easy go easy ring to it lol .... You must have fancied more of a challenge.. Good for you

does it really matter if chirst was born from a virgin or not? Did you know that the original meaning of the birth of chirst was meant as "born without sin"? Not really virginity. And to really see who jesus was read the lost books (more known as the dead sea scrolls)

does it really matter if chirst was born from a virgin or not? Did you know that the original meaning of the birth of chirst was meant as "born without sin"? Not really virginity. And to really see who jesus was read the lost books (more known as the dead sea scrolls)

meaning of christs birth was to die for our sins, it does matter that he was born from a virgin other wise it wouldn't of been a perfect birth. He wouldn't of been the perfect sacrifice for sins. (Jews sacrifice sheep to god for sin offerings) in this forum it did matter, as it was being debated that all of these gods had a immaculate birth. The dead sea scrolls are part of my esv bible translation, one of the most if not the most reliable translation.

If it wasnt important for mary to be a virgin, why would god put her through the stress of it and the stress of her husband

Edited by Ever Learning

So you deny the possibilities of its essence in the process of not giving thanks.

I don't believe it's particularly a secret that I'm an atheist.

• Like 1

I don't believe it's particularly a secret that I'm an atheist.

Okay?

Once again, we agree. There isn't much to argue about anymore. *sniff*

Zeigeist its already debunked.

Parts of Zeigeist may have been debunked. But there is so much much of the writings in Christianity and other religions that have been debunked as well..

Parts of Zeigeist may have been debunked. But there is so much much of the writings in Christianity and other religions that have been debunked as well..

Can you debunk life of Jesus?

whats debunked about Budha?

Science dont debunk religion. They go hand in hand.

Religion cant answer question how universe is created. Same as Science cant answer Why is it created.

Can you debunk life of Jesus?

whats debunked about Budha?

No one has the monopoly on truth and that's what religious lead you to believe. That they are the know all and speak for God and his followers..

The stories of Jesus's actions have been debunked and I could pull article after article. And probably even numerous threads somewhere in these forums..

And as far as Budha my knowledge is limited. But if your talking about Guatama/Shakyamuni then I can say that It is said that Shakyamuni's last dying words to his disciples were, "Be a lamp unto yourselves." Be your own light, your own authority, your own Buddha. Kill off every image of the Buddha, see who and what you are in this very moment, see that there is no Buddha other than THIS MOMENT...

Sounded like he didn't want a religion only for people to really upon ones inner self..

Religion cant answer question how universe is created. Same as Science cant answer Why is it created.

Actually science could do a far better job explaining the Why and probably get the correct answer some day.. Religions just say trust and have faith and ignore the facts!!

Actually science could do a far better job explaining the Why and probably get the correct answer some day.. Religions just say trust and have faith and ignore the facts!!

Az Tide, science dont even trys to answer on question WHY?

Well maybe in historical science.

Az Tide, science dont even trys to answer on question WHY?

Well maybe in historical science.

Actually science always asks Why it's a leading factor in any research.. In order to get to the bottom of everything you need to understand the beginning and Why it is.. Name one scientist that doesn't care Why.. Only in religion can one be told to have Faith when the Why is questioned.. In science they'll admit they do not know Why, but they'll tell you that they'll work until they can answer Why..

Actually science always asks Why it's a leading factor in any research.. In order to get to the bottom of everything you need to understand the beginning and Why it is.. Name one scientist that doesn't care Why.. Only in religion can one be told to have Faith when the Why is questioned.. In science they'll admit they do not know Why, but they'll tell you that they'll work until they can answer Why..

Im thinking on science that they trys to answer question How not Why. Why is for religion and philosophy.

Science cant do experiemnts to understand reasons for our existence. One scientists can ask question why but in lab he will never found answer on it.

The stories of Jesus's actions have been debunked and I could pull article after article. And probably even numerous threads somewhere in these forums..

Sounded like he didn't want a religion only for people to really upon ones inner self..

That only sounded to you. When I studied about Budhism, Budha have disciples.

Story of Jesus actions are debunked by articles and UM threads. Well Ill be darn.

Just for the record. New testament is consider to be historical book to many historians.

Edited by the L

That only sounded to you. When I studied about Budhism, Budha have disciples.

Story of Jesus actions are debunked by articles and UM threads. Well Ill be darn.

Just for the record. New testament is consider to be historical book to many historians.

Well I hate to tell you this then but it's historical because it tells stories of an ancient time.. It's a bunch of stories written many years after they happened even by the writers admittance.. Plus these stories appeared in some cases a couple hundred years after Jesus's death.. It's more fiction than fact!!!

Im thinking on science that they trys to answer question How not Why. Why is for religion and philosophy.

Science cant do experiemnts to understand reasons for our existence. One scientists can ask question why but in lab he will never found answer on it.

Science as a collective institution aims to produce more and more accurate naturalexplanations of how the natural worldworks, what its components are, and how the world got to be the way it is now. Classically, science's main goal has been building knowledge and understanding, regardless of its potential applications — for example, investigating the chemical reactions that an organic compound undergoes in order to learn about its structure. However, increasingly, scientific research is undertaken with the explicit goal of solving a problem or developing a technology, and along the path to that goal, new knowledge and explanations are constructed.

The knowledge that is built by science is always open to question and revision. No scientific idea is ever once-and-for-all "proved." Why not? Well, science is constantly seeking new evidence, which could reveal problems with our current understandings. Ideas that we fully accept today may be rejected or modified in light of new evidence discovered tomorrow. For example, up until 1938, paleontologists accepted the idea that coelacanths (an ancient fish) went extinct at the time that they last appear in the fossil record — about 80 million years ago. But that year, a live coelacanth was discovered off the coast of South Africa, causing scientists to revise their ideas and begin to investigate how this animal survives in the deep sea.

Despite the fact that they are subject to change, scientific ideas are reliable. The ideas that have gained scientific acceptance have done so because they are supported by many lines of evidence. These scientific explanations continually generate expectations that hold true, allowing us to figure out how entities in the natural world are likely to behave and how we can harness that understanding to solve problems (e.g., how electricity, wire, glass, and various compounds can be fashioned into a working light bulb).

We have good reason to trust scientific ideas… Because they work!

Edited by AzTide

Science as a collective institution aims to produce more and more accurate naturalexplanations of how the natural worldworks, what its components are, and how the world got to be the way it is now. Classically, science's main goal has been building knowledge and understanding, regardless of its potential applications — for example, investigating the chemical reactions that an organic compound undergoes in order to learn about its structure. However, increasingly, scientific research is undertaken with the explicit goal of solving a problem or developing a technology, and along the path to that goal, new knowledge and explanations are constructed.

The knowledge that is built by science is always open to question and revision. No scientific idea is ever once-and-for-all "proved." Why not? Well, science is constantly seeking new evidence, which could reveal problems with our current understandings. Ideas that we fully accept today may be rejected or modified in light of new evidence discovered tomorrow. For example, up until 1938, paleontologists accepted the idea that coelacanths (an ancient fish) went extinct at the time that they last appear in the fossil record — about 80 million years ago. But that year, a live coelacanth was discovered off the coast of South Africa, causing scientists to revise their ideas and begin to investigate how this animal survives in the deep sea.

Despite the fact that they are subject to change, scientific ideas are reliable. The ideas that have gained scientific acceptance have done so because they are supported by many lines of evidence. These scientific explanations continually generate expectations that hold true, allowing us to figure out how entities in the natural world are likely to behave and how we can harness that understanding to solve problems (e.g., how electricity, wire, glass, and various compounds can be fashioned into a working light bulb).

We have good reason to trust scientific ideas… Because they work!

You forgot your source of the info above -> http://undsci.berkel...hatisscience_04 ..... I took a look at it.. it is not a bad site..very good

Edited by Beckys_Mom

You forgot your source of the info above -> http://undsci.berkel...hatisscience_04 ..... I took a look at it.. it is not a bad site..very good

Sorry I'll get it next time.. I get so use to posting with people who are mostly eneducated on sites like Facebook were things like websites don't matter... lol

this is an old myth started by atheists to try to connect between Jesus and Horus

as an attempt to explain that jesus was a fictionary character .. which is absurd

in both historical speaking and evidences that support it

i have however a more better question for christians

i have heard that jesus birthday and other dates in christianty have been changed by the church

to match certain numbers which resulted this

am not expert and am not sure about it though perhaps expert christians can tell us more

wheather dates and such has been changed

but regarding atheists claim on jesus as fiction character .. it's a joke claim in my opinion

as history proves it wrong and not just christians history speak of jesus

there are more than one history that speak of the character

and i Do mean history not just religious texts i mean historians and history from people other than christianty

so the claim stand weak infront of history

This is wrong, all major world religions trace back to Eqygt.

Sun God worship has been modified through the ages to take onboard the new characters such as Mary, Joseph and Jesus. All the characters and dates are to do with astronomy and Solar Cycles.

This sounds more like an excuse to ignore the glaring contradictions.

Science explains many "whys" with evidence.

Science explains many "whys" with evidence

The poster's point was that questions of fact and questions of worth seek different information. It is conventional to express that distinction by contrasting how with why.

Natural language is robust and fault-tolerant. I can sometimes ask why when I seek factual information (why did the dashboard brake light go on?) or how when I seek worth information (how could she marry him?).

Ironically, the very fact that I am a native speaker of English increases the risk that I will conflate the distinction between the words. I know what I can get away with, and play accordingly.

Nevrtheless, the poster's distinction was soundly drawn, and to express the distinction as how versus why was apt. The poster seems not to be a native speaker of English, but has expressed the thought in English as well as native speakers typically do, and better than some.

The substantive point is that science is uninformative about matters of worth. To confuse mastery of what is with expertise in what ought to be is an error. The poster did a good thing to direct the community's attention to the difficulty. Your reply demonstrates that it was something that needed to be said.

Edited by eight bits

Sorry I'll get it next time.. I get so use to posting with people who are mostly eneducated on sites like Facebook were things like websites don't matter... lol

I know...But still, it is a good site you used.. It explains a lot in ref to science

The substantive point is that science is uninformative about matters of worth. To confuse mastery of what is with expertise in what ought to be is an error. The poster did a good thing to direct the community's attention to the difficulty. Your reply demonstrates that it was something that needed to be said.

"Why is the sky blue?" and "How is the sky blue?" are both the same question, but one presupposes a Designer.

• Like 1

Well I hate to tell you this then but it's historical because it tells stories of an ancient time.

No its not. You need to check history of hisotry. :tu: