Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

~Headbangers Lounge~

777MileStare

Couldn't fit my favorite band at the time.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by _Only

very cool _Only, I have good taste in hardcore myself too, of course I didn't mention that but, I have interest in it like bands such as Hatebreed, Pantera *which is like it's own brand of hardcore* Madball, Throwdown, All That Remains, and The Haunted....Death Before Dishonor, .

I like a mixture of hardcore slash metal bands....

I'm online at work so I can't link to Youtube. Some bands I love are Vildhjarta, The Contortionist, Animals as Leaders, Meshuggah, Between the Buried and Me, Ghost Brigade.....and of course the inimitable likes of Pantera, Sepultura (pre-cavalera split), Slayer, anything Metallica did before the Black Album. Also worthy are Xerath, Isis, Dillinger Escape Plan....and many others. Metal is certainly not the only genre I enjoy.....I can usually find something worthwhile in almost any musical sandbox, but it is my core for certain.

• Like 1

47c502fc72e2090ceda995fc242b7d75.jpg

Growing up in the 80's and being of the same generation

as these guys, there were a lot of different styles of

music just crankin' hardcore. I've always loved the power

and raw emotion of Heavy Metal music, so when KoRn came

along in the early/mid 90's, to me, they just encapsulated

it all. I never tire of their bada$$ 7-string riffs -

they're always current.

Long Live KoRn!!!

Peace.

• Like 2

waiting for my hell, I feel so bad inside, I wish you coul'd see the world through my eyes, each day is the same, I just want to laugh again....

all day I dream about sex....

• Like 2

waiting for my hell, I feel so bad inside, I wish you coul'd see the world through my eyes, each day is the same, I just want to laugh again....

all day I dream about sex....

Yeah, 'Dirty' and 'A.D.I.D.A.S.' Absolutely. :) "I'm out here, by myself, all alone, READY TO BLOW MY HEAD OFF!!!"

One thing I admire about Jonathan Davis lyrics is that he is never afraid to sing about that inner pain. Depression, rage, isolation and suicidal thoughts - child abuse, etc. It's brave. And he does it in a way that he sounds sick and twisted. He's original. And then you have those 7-string guitars. Very dark sounding...

• Like 4

Ive seen Robert Plant in concert once ^^^^^ He was awesome, geez that was my Led Zeppelin discovery days back in 1990 when I became a true fan....I also had the box set....ahhh those were the days :clap::tsu: but I was also into Metallica and Kreator.... I ended up seeing a Kreator show back then too - the Coma of Souls tour....in Boston...

Hey IMN. Kreator were awesome. Just the coolest sounding thrash riffs. And you saw them live? Damn. I think they're still going too. Coma Of Souls is just effin cool. I used to cane their Extreme Aggression album non stop around 1990 - 91. I had the tape. Tape, lol

But they had such great melody to their riffs. Very talented guitarists - band.

Edited by Device
  • Like 2

Hey IMN. Kreator were awesome. Just the coolest sounding thrash riffs. And you saw them live? Damn. I think they're still going too. Coma Of Souls is just effin cool. I used to cane their Extreme Aggression album non stop around 1990 - 91. I had the tape. Tape, lol

But they had such great melody to their riffs. Very talented guitarists - band.

Wow dude, that's really cool, Kreator was my first metal band back then and I had thier tape, MY FIRST METAL TAPE, (cassette) and I still have it. friggin awesome band..........and I didn't know the Korn lyrics but I love Korn, they were always on my list of favorites.... Edited by IMN
  • Like 2

God Forbid~

"Where We Come From"

Equalibrium (2012)

• Like 2

Yeah, 'Dirty' and 'A.D.I.D.A.S.' Absolutely. :) "I'm out here, by myself, all alone, READY TO BLOW MY HEAD OFF!!!"

One thing I admire about Jonathan Davis lyrics is that he is never afraid to sing about that inner pain. Depression, rage, isolation and suicidal thoughts - child abuse, etc. It's brave. And he does it in a way that he sounds sick and twisted. He's original. And then you have those 7-string guitars. Very dark sounding...

I used to listen to Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, etc. during when I was in middle-high-school. I think it was that most of these bands were inspired by Korn and the Deftones and such. And all of the above bands together made me like NuMetal and alternative much, much more. But somehow down the years, I turned to other bands, not that I don't enjoy listening to Korn and such anymore. It's like now I cannot seem to relate to their songs so much. For example, I didn't understand Zack Wylde's music when I was young and so I didn't like the Black Label Society so much. But as I started getting older, their lyrics and their music made sense to me. I don't find myself listening to Rage Against the Machines anymore, but doesn't mean I never liked their music. But later when they formed Audioslave, I started enjoying the maturity in their lyrics, the music and almost everything about them. I think our understanding of poetry or music or perhaps any art, changes as we grow. But memories brings in nostalgia also, right? Whenever I listen to 'Got the life' or 'Freak on a Leash' from Korn, I remember those days when I used to think I was so cool yet I was so much still a kid, my exploits and my adventures during my school days, our garage band called 'The Highscales' (haha!), my first few girlfriends, etc. LOL. I think I'm gonna listen to my old favorites the entire day today!

• Like 3

God Forbid~

"Where We Come From"

Equalibrium (2012)

That song was awesome!! I am starting to feel grateful that atleast some people in here share the same taste in music as I do. Thanks man... Hey, if you like God Forbid, then I am sure you'll love this song too. I recently discovered this track, called 'Sound of Madness', performed by Shinedown and it will blow your socks off!! Check it out...

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 2

I used to listen to Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, etc. during when I was in middle-high-school. I think it was that most of these bands were inspired by Korn and the Deftones and such. And all of the above bands together made me like NuMetal and alternative much, much more. But somehow down the years, I turned to other bands, not that I don't enjoy listening to Korn and such anymore. It's like now I cannot seem to relate to their songs so much. For example, I didn't understand Zack Wylde's music when I was young and so I didn't like the Black Label Society so much. But as I started getting older, their lyrics and their music made sense to me. I don't find myself listening to Rage Against the Machines anymore, but doesn't mean I never liked their music. But later when they formed Audioslave, I started enjoying the maturity in their lyrics, the music and almost everything about them. I think our understanding of poetry or music or perhaps any art, changes as we grow. But memories brings in nostalgia also, right? Whenever I listen to 'Got the life' or 'Freak on a Leash' from Korn, I remember those days when I used to think I was so cool yet I was so much still a kid, my exploits and my adventures during my school days, our garage band called 'The Highscales' (haha!), my first few girlfriends, etc. LOL. I think I'm gonna listen to my old favorites the entire day today!

I so know what you mean. And you mentioned some awesome bands there too. It's like me with Metallica. I honestly thought I'd still be thrashing their music into my 70's or something, but, it's as you say, time changes you as you grow, and different bands make new sense to you. I'm the same. I haven't played a Metallica c.d in years but I still like to see how they are going. They meant so much to me back then. Deftones I still totally like. Their Diamond Eyes album is great - Chino's screams somehow empower me, as do the chord progressions of Stephen Carpenters electric guitar. I saw them back in 2003. I'll never forget that.

Yeah, listening to the old faves is definitely a trip down memory lane, for me too. Time sure does fly, doesn't it - but the rock stays true.

Enjoy your day man. :tu:

• Like 1

Now I have a sudden urge to listen to Nymphetamine.

here's one of my favorite melodic black bands

Good band, Embraced... Too bad they don't have many recordings though... My favorite black-metal artist would be Type 'O Negative. They did a tribute song for the band Black Sabbath in the album Nativity in Black, the song also named 'Black Sabbath'. A band who has a track named 'Black no.1' has to have some weight behind that claim, don't you think? LOL.

Edited by dlonewolf85
  • Like 1

Good band, Embraced... Too bad they don't have many recordings though... My favorite black-metal artist would be Type 'O Negative. They did a tribute song for the band Black Sabbath in the album Nativity in Black, the song also named 'Black Sabbath'. A band who has a track named 'Black no.1' has to have some weight behind that claim, don't you think? LOL.

i grew old listening to new school bands i started with cradle of filth but then i started to come across unfamous bands

really awesomes bands with no fame which made me hate and drop famous bands " some without even listening to them "

now i got decent archive of amazing underground bands .. and am not regreting it :D

here's persefone .. a legend in progressive melodic death metal .. beats opeth handly

song pretty long 20 mins but one of my all times favorite songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp06pxbOw3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZE2VPZYa_Q

• Like 1

i grew old listening to new school bands i started with cradle of filth but then i started to come across unfamous bands

really awesomes bands with no fame which made me hate and drop famous bands " some without even listening to them "

now i got decent archive of amazing underground bands .. and am not regreting it :D

I totally agree with you. I believe in no such thing as a famous or an 'unfamous' band. All that matters is great music. I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk bragging about good choices in music in my earlier post. That was so not cool. In fact, I know of some local garage bands where people are so very enthusiastic and passionate about their music. There is a lot to learn from everyone and a lot of great music that can be enjoyed, and a celebrity status is simply a label. Thanks man.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you. I believe in no such thing as a famous or an 'unfamous' band. All that matters is great music. I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk bragging about good choices in music in my earlier post. That was so not cool. In fact, I know of some local garage bands where people are so very enthusiastic and passionate about their music. There is a lot to learn from everyone and a lot of great music that can be enjoyed, and a celebrity status is simply a label. Thanks man.

ahh please man nothing to be sorry about i can't eaither deny some famous band got some really good music

but i always feell more passion in the underground ones like man they really try so hard to put it down

they know they won't get much money for the album they know it's not going to be big hit

they do it for the one and only reason ! good music ! :yes:

I went through a phase where I only listened to 'unfamous' bands or what the heck, I mean, *Wow, look at me, I listen to bands than none of my friends listen to, !*. Then it gets to a point where you only care if a band is 'underground' enough before you listen to them, then you grow up and you realize how totally stupid that way of thinking is. Then you start to enjoy any kind of music from any kind of band without being insecure about it.

I went through a phase where I only listened to 'unfamous' bands or what the heck, I mean, *Wow, look at me, I listen to bands than none of my friends listen to, !*. Then it gets to a point where you only care if a band is 'underground' enough before you listen to them, then you grow up and you realize how totally stupid that way of thinking is. Then you start to enjoy any kind of music from any kind of band without being insecure about it.

still it's sounds like better plan for me than to listen to " what's hot " these day and it doesn't matter if they're good or not

they're just " the hot stuff " these days and everyone listen to

so yeah that way of thinking certinally makes more sense

I have a metal channel I listen to on my tv, and they have both underground bands and 'more popular than underground/at other times', so I get a good mixture.

It's like they will go from 'Hate Eternal', The Haunted, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God, Lacuna Coil,Psychostick, and Darkness Falls...ect to bigger (not saying better) bands like old Metallica, Slayer, Machine Head, Ministry *which is pretty metallic) Prong(Prong is one of my favorites they just came out with new matireal, it's friggin awesome.) (not sure where Pantrera fits in, maybe the middle?), and other bands. It's hard to go to sleep at night with your favorite bands playing, it wakes me up lol....so I listen to talk radio.

But when I'm really bored or drinking a beer, I like to listen to the MC (music choice) metal.

I woul'd personally like to say I love both underground and the really bigger bands all the same....I don't have any real metal friends except one who's out of town, and they have great taste in metal, like me and it doesn't really matter who'd be underground or bigger than that to me.

still it's sounds like better plan for me than to listen to " what's hot " these day and it doesn't matter if they're good or not

they're just " the hot stuff " these days and everyone listen to

so yeah that way of thinking certinally makes more sense

Being a non-conformist does have it's 'feel-good' factor, I must agree, whether the music is bad or not. Some people think it's more important than the music itself... that's when it's worrying...

Edited by Space_Jockey