Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Cannibal cult' arrested in Papua New Guinea

Saru

Im not sure why they're calling it a "cult." It was only a few hundred years or less that tribes on this island were head-hunter canibals...

I know! Right? That's where there were "mysterious" cases of mad cow disease (because I can't remember the scientific name of the disease) doctors could not figure out how it was spreading until they realized people were eating the brains of their loved ones after a natural death. They did that because they believe it will make them one. Or some shi't like that. Whatever, I saw it on national geographic. Lol

Just keep holding hands and telling ourselves that all cultures are equal. :su

Just keep your nose in the air and tell yourself you are superior...

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1

Wow.. I wonder how that soup tastes.

Like chicken.

Everything apparently tastes like chicken.

• Like 2

What a strange situation. These people do not consider this wrong but are subject to laws of the land (I would guess) they have no knowledge of. What they have done is wrong, but is enforcing the local governments laws and punishments on them right?

Its not a position I would usually take but I believe education is more important than punishment in this situation, especially as an example to others with this way of thinking.

One more thing that I think shows education is more important than punishment here, 'lets eat the people who abused their powers so we can get the same powers ourselves'.

Edited by Junior Chubb

Its not a position I would usually take but I believe education is more important than punishment in this situation, especially as an example to others with this way of thinking.

One more thing that I think shows education is more important than punishment here, 'lets eat the people who abused their powers so we can get the same powers ourselves'.

The cookery classes in prison would help. (Well, maybe)

• Like 1

The cookery classes in prison would help. (Well, maybe)

The cannibals could help you escape too, into a pie, through the bowels and into the sewers unnoticed...

• Like 1

Giv'em the chair mate!!!

A chair at the dinner table?

• Like 1

A chair at the dinner table?

As long as someone's on the menu, then why not?

• Like 1

Wow.. I wonder how that soup tastes.

I heard it's got a little 'wang' to it. :whistle:

• Like 2

I heard it's got a little 'wang' to it. :whistle:

Nah.. it's the duck soup that's got the wang to it. Least am sure the waiter said "duck".

• Like 1

Take it as you will, everybody in the cult is at risk of being eaten himself as they have "the powers" now. Wonder when the time will come when people will think first and act afterwards.

• Like 1

lol > "They're probably all eaten up," he reflected.

You can't really blame them for believing in black magic when 'good magic' is still legal...

Edited by Timonthy

Stuff like this is seriously sick. :x I don't even like thinking about 'cannibalism.'

Stuff like this is seriously sick. :x I don't even like thinking about 'cannibalism.'

Its not my cup of tea either. :huh:
  • Like 1

This guy was eaten in Polynesia.

What is up with PNG? Just above Oz, in this day and age how can such a country still be practising superstitions? Burning Witches?

PNG has always had a real bad reputation. I know of one fellow who went there to scout out a worksite and lost his head. Nasty place. Many go there to walk the Kakadu track, and that does sound pretty awesome, but considering the backwardness of the place, I will be giving that one a miss. I do not know how a country can have a Supreme Court and still burn witches.

• Like 2

What is up with PNG? Just above Oz, in this day and age how can such a country still be practising superstitions? Burning Witches?

PNG has always had a real bad reputation. I know of one fellow who went there to scout out a worksite and lost his head. Nasty place. Many go there to walk the Kakadu track, and that does sound pretty awesome, but considering the backwardness of the place, I will be giving that one a miss. I do not know how a country can have a Supreme Court and still burn witches.

Maybe we should try it with our dishonest Politicians. It would be an inferno at first but maybe have a good end-result, i.e. no self-serving liars "representing" us :)

Have you never had a "love-bite"? lol

(Disclaimer: jokin)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

I remember GB playing rugby league over in PNG in the 80's after they toured OZ....pitch was just a field in the middle of some jungle and the crowd were all wearing what you would call 'tribalwear'...strange.

Edited by BrianPotter

I finally worked out why they converted back to cannibalism they saw that old twilight zone episode,How to serve man. :yes:

Its amazing what people will believe still yet in the 21st century. I wouldn't be surprised if there were still head hunters.

• Like 1

Its amazing what people will believe still yet in the 21st century. I wouldn't be surprised if there were still head hunters.

Every weekend, in every bar, in every country there are people hunting some head.

• Like 3

Wonder when the time will come when people will think first and act afterwards.

Often wonder that myself..

• Like 1