Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most revolting things you've ever eaten?

Skeptic Chicken

Chorizo.

Pork salivary glands, lymph nodes & fat (cheeks).

I didn't need to know what goes into chorizo! used to like it :(

Cheese burger.. it was just plain awful...never eaten one since

have i mentioned i dont like celery

Some indescribably bad potato wedges from the deli. I didn't know a potato could go that bad! *gag*

Also, squash fried in lots of butter, which didn't taste all that bad, . . going down! *shudder*

raw squid or octopus....not sure which it was....

Christmas cake...wth is the deal with the strange technicolor fruit. That and it never goes bad

Christmas cake...wth is the deal with the strange technicolor fruit. That and it never goes bad

i agree with that, its has no business being called cake, cake is the work of God, xmas cake is the work of the devil, and while i think of it dried fruit peel?? fresh fruit peel is horrid but dried who inevented that

I tried Kangaroo meat once. It was kinda gross but I'll never eat it again.... it made me awful jumpy. :P

i agree with that, its has no business being called cake, cake is the work of God, xmas cake is the work of the devil, and while i think of it dried fruit peel??

Cake is the work of God ?

Devilsfoodcake.jpg

And then there is this..

P1120401bMedium-1.jpg

I like Chocolate cakes.. but I LOVE Christmas cake...I would bake one each year if and when I can... I even made one of the layers of my wedding cake a large fruit cake... Many loved it.. I think it is a matter of ones taste in cakes

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Ludefisk. It really isn't even food if you ask me. Only the Swedes would take a perfectly good piece of fish, soak it in drain cleaner for a while (lye), then soak it in ice water for a few days then serve it. It turns into fish jello which is possibly still poisonous. It's REVOLTING! My mother in law was Icelandic, this nastiness was a Christmas favorite of hers.

Also compliments of my Icelandic mother in law... curdled spoilt milk, dressed with fresh sheeps blood. I do NOT EVEN want to know where she managed to find sheeps blood in Seattle! I couldn't even look at it.

And lastly, the same woman made orange jello with a pretty sour cream ribbon... when curious about the brown bits in it... we discovered it was ... ground beef. At least it wasn't spoiled, poisonous or uncooked.

Thanks GOD I'm divorced and don't have to endure those family dinners anymore.

Edited by MissMelsWell

i dont like celery

• Like 1

i dont like celery

I DO like celery, so there... I happen to HATE Ludfisk... eat Ludfisk just once, and you'd think celery tastes like a delicious bag of Skittles.

My favorite way to eat celery,is lovely crisp stalks of celery,with hot salsa. Totally hits the spot as a snack.

As for gross foods,NATTO ! hands down .Serious grossness.

I also hated raw shrimp and crab . All of these were in Japan mind you.Yuk Yuk Yuk .

I love Italian style spicy tripe tho .The Spanish make it a similiar way .

My kung fu teacher,spent a lot of time in China.Like Beijing and shanghai ,and he ate snake and pan fried scorpions there. Serious gross.

This:

xv95h.jpg

It's water chestnut cake that I ordered at a restaurant in Chicago's Chinatown. I can stomach almost anything, I love squid, octopus, eel, tons of stuff like that. But this was so difficult to eat. I like water chestnuts so I figured it would be good. It smelled fantastic, and was basically just the chestnuts along with sugar and caramel. But the texture was so gelatinous and weird, it was basically lukewarm jello that wiggled and didn't taste like much. I ate it all though because the rest of the meal and atmosphere was lovely.

Other than that, mushrooms. I can't and won't eat them.

i dont like celery

Have you ever had it cooked? you've possibly eaten it without knowing, it's used with onions, peppers etc in many dishes particularly Cajun food.

Edited by hetrodoxly

I tried Kangaroo meat once. It was kinda gross but I'll never eat it again.... it made me awful jumpy. :P

i asked a waiter last week if had frogs legs, "he said of course i have sir" i said "well hope over the counter and bring me a ham sandwich" :tsu:

• Like 1

This:

xv95h.jpg

It's water chestnut cake that I ordered at a restaurant in Chicago's Chinatown. I can stomach almost anything, I love squid, octopus, eel, tons of stuff like that. But this was so difficult to eat. I like water chestnuts so I figured it would be good. It smelled fantastic, and was basically just the chestnuts along with sugar and caramel. But the texture was so gelatinous and weird, it was basically lukewarm jello that wiggled and didn't taste like much. I ate it all though because the rest of the meal and atmosphere was lovely.

I *hhaattteee* water chestnuts . The taste,the texture . If i eat one,I shudder . This has to be the grossest thing I've seen ,in a long time.

*vomited*

celery, natto is just a word you made up!

Mushrooms, to me, are one of those wierd vegetables that only taste good when cooked with oil. Uncooked, ugh. I mean, you can coat it in salt, but that just makes the situation worse.

Hmmm, other things that I find revolting:

- REALLY stringy cheese on pizza's, its just so unappatizing, having to spend a minute trying to sever the cheese from the pizza.

- When something has been cooked in oil for TOO long, or with TOO much oil. I can stomach most fatty foods, but I had this doughnut once, and... It was just so oily and revolting.

- Milo that has been sitting in the same spot for several months, I dunno if it's just going off, but it was rock solid and tasted completely different, yet was digestible and had no signs of growths.

- I had a delicious Tasmanian salmon piece for dinner last night. I simply adore fish that is tough-ish like a steak. So yummy. But I hate fish that is soggy and flat. I just don't see the point in eating it when its half of what it was when it was sliced.

• Like 1

Mushrooms, to me, are one of those wierd vegetables that only taste good when cooked with oil. Uncooked, ugh. I mean, you can coat it in salt, but that just makes the situation worse.

Hmmm, other things that I find revolting:

- REALLY stringy cheese on pizza's, its just so unappatizing, having to spend a minute trying to sever the cheese from the pizza.

- When something has been cooked in oil for TOO long, or with TOO much oil. I can stomach most fatty foods, but I had this doughnut once, and... It was just so oily and revolting.

- Milo that has been sitting in the same spot for several months, I dunno if it's just going off, but it was rock solid and tasted completely different, yet was digestible and had no signs of growths.

- I had a delicious Tasmanian salmon piece for dinner last night. I simply adore fish that is tough-ish like a steak. So yummy. But I hate fish that is soggy and flat. I just don't see the point in eating it when its half of what it was when it was sliced.

I clicked like for most of your post.. because I agree with the cheese and piizza part...I had some pizza last night ( first time in ages ) and I was so very sick later after it... However I love mushrooms when cooked

I also hate fish that is soggy and flat..I cannot stand fish cooked in batter ..YUCK !

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1