Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No Such Thing As Aliens On Earth Unless.....

MR.Blueprint

let me say...no one knows for shure....it is all hypotetical...

ill do my best to express myself in propper english ok?

lets imagine that life on other planets doesnt resemble in anything to ours, so much that we wouldnt even recognize it as life.

or lets imagine that our senses arent able to detect or recognize some really really exotic life forms. like an old computer i have that doesnt recognize sata hard drives, its "brain" just isnt prepared for that...so the drive isnt "alive in its opinion. we think that we are so very special so amazing and intelligent but maybe someone allready saw our planet and said "no, nothing interisting down there, cant support life". Can you imagine that? us not interesting? not alive?

Maybe some life forms dont event need to be "fleshy" or have a solid body...like the planets, some arent solid...

(am i making any sense?)

thinking that life is exclusive to earth is very narrow minded, but thinking that life on other planets has to be similar to ours is also quite narrow....start thinking outside the box please

what i really want to say is that we can only assume and imagine possibilities...nothing more than possibilities....

respect other peoples opinion because no one here cant say for shure what happens in the very very very very very large universe we are inserted on.....

i am not a very educated man but still i have an opinion that can change if someone shows me otherwise

sorry for the bad english

Ricardo Garibaldi

if they nothin like us living creatures

what that makes em?

non living creatures

i dnt think a brain can evolve with methane.

@mr bio scientist

if their is life out there do u think that all life out there started from a single cell organism on that planet ?

Very well. That doesn't change the fact that sound is sound; it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference whether a biological structure is present which is capable of utilizing that sound as sensory information.

Am thinking the bold portion above should actually read "auditory" since even deaf people (for example) can feel vibrations from their surroundings.

cormac

let me say...no one knows for shure....it is all hypotetical...

ill do my best to express myself in propper english ok?

lets imagine that life on other planets doesnt resemble in anything to ours, so much that we wouldnt even recognize it as life.

or lets imagine that our senses arent able to detect or recognize some really really exotic life forms. like an old computer i have that doesnt recognize sata hard drives, its "brain" just isnt prepared for that...so the drive isnt "alive in its opinion. we think that we are so very special so amazing and intelligent but maybe someone allready saw our planet and said "no, nothing interisting down there, cant support life". Can you imagine that? us not interesting? not alive?

Maybe some life forms dont event need to be "fleshy" or have a solid body...like the planets, some arent solid...

(am i making any sense?)

thinking that life is exclusive to earth is very narrow minded, but thinking that life on other planets has to be similar to ours is also quite narrow....start thinking outside the box please

what i really want to say is that we can only assume and imagine possibilities...nothing more than possibilities....

respect other peoples opinion because no one here cant say for shure what happens in the very very very very very large universe we are inserted on.....

i am not a very educated man but still i have an opinion that can change if someone shows me otherwise

sorry for the bad english

Ricardo Garibaldi

Aye, excellent point lad, we aren't really here, just a figmant of someone's imagination, somewhere... lol. That is logic at its best. Life as WE know it is biological, brains, hearts.... It is not the same throughout the Universe. Energy lives elsewhere in ways we cannot comprehend.

Cormac was being somewhat sarcastic. Noise or sound is a constant. It happens as a resultant factor of an episode in time, and has no bearning on the surroundings. Science claims it cannot travel in a vaccuum. However the vaccuum of space allows regineration of formation for unexplainable audio frequency waves in an essence of alteration which hasn't even been questioned, not to mention researched to understand.

Aye, excellent point lad, we aren't really here, just a figmant of someone's imagination, somewhere... lol. That is logic at its best. Life as WE know it is biological, brains, hearts.... It is not the same throughout the Universe. Energy lives elsewhere in ways we cannot comprehend.

Cormac was being somewhat sarcastic. Noise or sound is a constant. It happens as a resultant factor of an episode in time, and has no bearning on the surroundings. Science claims it cannot travel in a vaccuum. However the vaccuum of space allows regineration of formation for unexplainable audio frequency waves in an essence of alteration which hasn't even been questioned, not to mention researched to understand.

To the first I would have said it does not depend on the surroundings.

To the second, can you try that again so it doesn't sound like psycho-babble.

cormac

To the first I would have said it does not depend on the surroundings.

To the second, can you try that again so it doesn't sound like psycho-babble.

cormac

ok foget the sound thing...

do yall think these other life forms that breathe methane evolved limbs? and how?

do yall think these other life forms that breathe methane evolved limbs? and how?

It's possible. And perhaps in ways similar to how life evolved on earth. It's just as possible that there is silicon based life out there. But it's really ridiculous to assume that the conditions that existed on earth in order for life to evolve means that the entire universe has to be the same. There's no valid reason to believe that that's true.

cormac

• Like 1

{qte}

cormac

It's possible. And perhaps in ways similar to how life evolved on earth. It's just as possible that there is silicon based life out there. But it's really ridiculous to assume that the conditions that existed on earth in order for life to evolve means that the entire universe has to be the same. There's no valid reason to believe that that's true.

cormac

{qte}

to evolve and thrive as complex life forms like us

i dnt believe thats its any other evolved intelligent complex life forms out there

nothin close to eartlings

jus simple bland life forms barely movings

i dnt think any other life forms out there have limbs, a complex brain or mouths

Edited by MR.Blueprint

cormac

That's exactly what I'm saying. We witness our reality around us with the elements we understand. The Universe is not bound to anything we might comprehend. If that's psycho-bable well then translate it the best you can.

{qte}

cormac

cormac

{qte}

i dnt believe thats its any other evolved intelligent complex life forms out there

i dnt think any other life forms out there have limbs, a complex brain or mouths

Believing or not believing in the unknown givens of the infinite will not substantiate anything more than an opinion. There are life forces out there with energy signatures that are intellectually far beyone complex brains, while understanding space time and the Universe in ways we can't comprehend. Moving throughout empty space is a moments notice, even if we can't explain it happens, believe it or not, so what? There was no beginning for these subjects and there will be no end. I realize that just agravates the human mind. Nevertheless, we should get over it and look to the future.

That's exactly what I'm saying. We witness our reality around us with the elements we understand. The Universe is not bound to anything we might comprehend. If that's psycho-bable well then translate it the best you can.

No, the psycho-babble is the second bold part of yours from my post #129. If there was a point there, it got lost in the mish-mash of words you threw together, making it indecipherable.

cormac

Believing or not believing in the unknown givens of the infinite will not substantiate anything more than an opinion. There are life forces out there with energy signatures that are intellectually far beyone complex brains, while understanding space time and the Universe in ways we can't comprehend. Moving throughout empty space is a moments notice, even if we can't explain it happens, believe it or not, so what? There was no beginning for these subjects and there will be no end. I realize that just agravates the human mind. Nevertheless, we should get over it and look to the future.

Nice Sci-fi story. You should write a book.

cormac

Nice Sci-fi story. You should write a book.

cormac

HUH HUH , oooohhh yeaaah, been there and done that alright. I spent six years after the loss of my wife while raising a child on my own and working nights at the same time.. I thought you knew. The book is called TIMEDRIVE. It stands for a Telescopic Infrared Multilaser Enhancing Delta Ray Integrated Video Emitter. Nothing can be hidden from the eye of time. Anywhere, anything. anytime, anyhow, no ifs ands or buts, so help you God, the truth and nothing but it, while toggled like a video game by the day, month, year, century.... with the flick of switch, enabling the user to focus clearly upon a moment in time. Video presentation takes place in a three dimensional theater while assimilated as being inside a giant golf ball. You sit at center vertex in the eye of the camera as everything happens around you in a perfect portrayal of a portrait of the past. A multiquadrant panaramic camera enables the operator to zoom in on the scene while portrayed throughout this thirty foot inverted plasma dome screne. The question is simply in fact , what do you want to know, and where do you think you can go.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ruynNwAACAAJ&dq=Timedrive&hl=en&ei=N2oaTcb2AomvnAfysZDTDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAA

• Like 1

HUH HUH , oooohhh yeaaah, been there and done that alright. I spent six years after the loss of my wife while raising a child on my own and working nights at the same time.. I thought you knew. The book is called TIMEDRIVE. It stands for a Telescopic Infrared Multilaser Enhancing Delta Ray Integrated Video Emitter. Nothing can be hidden from the eye of time. Anywhere, anything. anytime, anyhow, no ifs ands or buts, so help you God, the truth and nothing but it, while toggled like a video game by the day, month, year, century.... with the flick of switch, enabling the user to focus clearly upon a moment in time. Video presentation takes place in a three dimensional theater while assimilated as being inside a giant golf ball. You sit at center vertex in the eye of the camera as everything happens around you in a perfect portrayal of a portrait of the past. A multiquadrant panaramic camera enables the operator to zoom in on the scene while portrayed throughout this thirty foot inverted plasma dome screne. The question is simply in fact , what do you want to know, and where do you think you can go.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ruynNwAACAAJ&dq=Timedrive&hl=en&ei=N2oaTcb2AomvnAfysZDTDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAA

Yeah you mentioned having written a book in an earlier post. A nice piece of fiction, your book. Sadly at some point it appears you lost track of were fiction ends and reality begins.

cormac

Am thinking the bold portion above should actually read "auditory" since even deaf people (for example) can feel vibrations from their surroundings.

cormac

Excellent point.

Absolutely. How? Natural selection and gene flow via transference of the frequency of alleles in biological genomic material. The same way life anywhere evolves.

• Like 1

{qte}

cormac

cormac

{qte}

And that assertion is baseless; and as a biologist I am 99.9999% certain you are wrong.

It's far more reasonable for me to say that it's possible that we're alone in the universe; since, in this context, possible seems to be coming across as "low-percentage chance".

Edited by Arbitran

• 4 months later...

Absolutely. How? Natural selection and gene flow via transference of the frequency of alleles in biological genomic material. The same way life anywhere evolves.

limbs for what?

• 5 weeks later...

Well like they say if there`s life out there you would`nt want to know in what forms:) However Seti says the neigborhood is very quiet:)

Well like they say if there`s life out there you would`nt want to know in what forms:) However Seti says the neigborhood is very quiet:)

That's not what I say at all. And SETI, while a noble effort, is immensely limited in its search. The time in which an alien civilization would be expected to broadcast signals like those that we are capable of detecting is monstrously brief; there might be civilizations very nearby, but our means of searching are so primitive, and we have begun our search so recently, that it comes to no surprise to me whatsoever that we have not yet conclusively discovered extraterrestrial civilizations. And when it comes to finding life in general, non-technological, non-civilized life... well, that's even harder to find.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Im not sure why u think something has to have a brain to function. Jellyfish

dont have brains or bones for that matter and are still intelligent on a base level

Edited by kajiwara

Im not sure why u think something has to have a brain to function. Squids dont have brains or bones for that matter and are still intelligent on a base level

Cephalopod Brain Terminology

Richard E. Young, Michael Vecchione, and Katharina M. Mangold (1922-2003)

A ventral view of this brain and the optic lobes can be found here.

J. Z. Young, the leading authority on the cephalopod nervous system in the latter half of the 20th century, divided the cephalopod brain into two regions: the supraesophageal mass and the subesophageal mass. These regions are joined laterally by two regions, the basal lobes and the dorsal magnocellular lobes. This arrangement suggest the ancestral brain was formed from two partially-circumesophageal cords that included the middle and posterior subesophageal masses and that these were fused dorsally with a third cord, the supraesophageal mass. The supra- and subesophageal masses further connected by the cerebro-brachial connective that runs between the anterior regions. The latter connection involves the anterior subesophageal mass and the superior buccal lobes. In decapodiforms these lobes are well removed from the rest of the brain and suggests that either they were not part of the original circumesophageal chords or formed a separate more anterior cord.

References

Young, J. Z. (1971). The Anatomy of the Nervous System of Octopus vulgaris. Claredon Press, Oxford. 690pp.

Young, J. Z. 1965. The central nervous system of Nautilus. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B, 249: 1-25.

Young, R.E. 1967. Homology of retractile filaments of vampire squid. Science, 156(3782):1633-1634.

http://tolweb.org/ac...ogy?acc_id=1944

http://ocean.si.edu/giant-squid

Edit: Additional reference.

Edited by Swede

Cephalopod Brain Terminology

Richard E. Young, Michael Vecchione, and Katharina M. Mangold (1922-2003)

A ventral view of this brain and the optic lobes can be found here.

J. Z. Young, the leading authority on the cephalopod nervous system in the latter half of the 20th century, divided the cephalopod brain into two regions: the supraesophageal mass and the subesophageal mass. These regions are joined laterally by two regions, the basal lobes and the dorsal magnocellular lobes. This arrangement suggest the ancestral brain was formed from two partially-circumesophageal cords that included the middle and posterior subesophageal masses and that these were fused dorsally with a third cord, the supraesophageal mass. The supra- and subesophageal masses further connected by the cerebro-brachial connective that runs between the anterior regions. The latter connection involves the anterior subesophageal mass and the superior buccal lobes. In decapodiforms these lobes are well removed from the rest of the brain and suggests that either they were not part of the original circumesophageal chords or formed a separate more anterior cord.

References

Young, J. Z. (1971). The Anatomy of the Nervous System of Octopus vulgaris. Claredon Press, Oxford. 690pp.

Young, J. Z. 1965. The central nervous system of Nautilus. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B, 249: 1-25.

Young, R.E. 1967. Homology of retractile filaments of vampire squid. Science, 156(3782):1633-1634.

http://tolweb.org/ac...ogy?acc_id=1944

http://ocean.si.edu/giant-squid

Edit: Additional reference.

I DONT REMEMBER SAYING U NEED A BRAIN TO BE "ALIVE" .......HOW DO YALL KNOW THAT WE ARE EVEN "ALIVE" ?W E WILLNVR FIND ALIENS....WE WILL NVR LIVE ON ANOTHER PLANET BESIDES EARTH BECAUSE WE WASNT MENT TO. WE WILL NVR GO PAST THE MOON AS HUMANS BECAUSE WE WASNT MENT TO.....WE ARE EARTHLINGS IF U CALL WAT WE ARE... LIVING.... LIKE I SAID WE WILL NVR FIND ANYMORE EARTHLINGS OUTHERE

I hate arrogance like this, suggesting mankind is the pinnacle of scientific advancement. Chances are alien life is much more advanced than us, why would they want to make contact with a baby civilisation? We abuse each other, the planet and the wildlife - we probably look far too primitive for an alien civilisation to be interested in making contact.

I NVR SAID WE WERE THE PINNACLE........WE DEFINE LIVING...NO WONDER WE HAVNT FOUND ANYTHING ELSE "LIVING" BEYOND THIS PLANET AND OUR MINDS AND NVR WILL.....EVERYTHIG THAT IS "LIVING" IS ON THIS PLANET